Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Interception
Kamaitachi
post Feb 5 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #1

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

"Agent Kaipo, we've an urgent situation."

"Of course, Captain Blabberface." A young teen sighed into his cell phone. He'd just sat down at a bar with his incredibly passable fake Id, and was not in the mood to be summoned by his superior officer. The irritated voice of Lennox, a Magma Elite and Kanoa's superior, practically screamed through his speakers. Batting at a strand of long dark hair that poked out from under his pullover cap, he listened idly to the older man rant on the phone.

"For the last time, Kaipo, refer to me by my name, or rank, or just sir! Show some deference, man. You're in the proud ranks of Magma, so you'd better act like it!"

Rolling his eyes, Kanoa mouthed: "Thanks Corporal Blah-Blah" before audibly voicing: "Yes, sir."

"We've intel on a pair of defectors heading into your sector. Rendez vous with the two other Magma agents we've contacted at the corner of 9th and Bridge, in front of the Pokemart. Your objective is to retrieve the two deserters by any means necessary. Comb the area for any sight of the two. When you detain them, contact me for exfil. They should be within your A.O. within the hour."

"Why not send a real squad after them?"

"They've given them the slip. You and your two cohorts will be in civvies, so as to remain fairly undetected."

"Who're we looking for?"

"Tango 1: Paul LeBaron, callsign: Ogre. He's 5'11, 182, Black Hair, Grey eyes. Tango 2: Devon LeBaron, callsign: Turbo. He's 5'8", 140lbs, Brown hair and blue eyes. The two of them were spotted wearing fairly nondescript clothes. At last sighting, they were wearing black hoodies and jeans, each. Do not let them reach the docks. Neutralize any hostiles on sight."

"Roger that" Kanoa groaned slowly as he rose from his seat, grumpy at not having placed an order. He slung his backpack over his shoulder, happy that he'd kept his gear in there. "Do I get a cool callsign?"

"We've designated you 'Rascal'."

"Hey, that's pretty coo-"

"Get to work, Agent Rascal." Kanoa could've sworn he 'heard' Lennox's smirk on the other side of the line. The teen was growing increasingly tired of his irksome and rather smug superior officer, and briefly wondered whether or not a transfer was possible. "Lennox out."

"Bye bye, General Turdbucket."

As he stepped out of the bar and into the street, he took a moment to notice the signs on the lamp post next to him. In plain letters, and lit by the bright street-light, he read: "9th" and "Bridge" respectively. Caddy corner to his location, he noted the Pokemart in question and shrugged. That was possibly the easiest trip to any location he'd ever taken on a mission.

As he strolled lazily across the street, he slipped his hands into the backpack, pulling out a pair of fingerless gloves with metal plates. Upon reaching the pokemart, he dipped down and grabbed a few more items. Taking off his shirt for the moment, he slipped into a protective vest (Kevlar? Lennox had called it something like that), followed by some elbow pads. He slipped his tee-shirt and hoodie back over top. Taking off his already fairly heavy, steel-toed boots, he slipped on a pair of shin guards that came up to his knee, protecting his legs as well before slipping his boots back on.

Once all preparations were complete, he felt a bit bulky, but Lennox had suggested he train in something called "CQC", which for the life of him, he couldn't remember what those letters stood for. The training involved him running around and falling down a lot, hence the protective equipment. Checking his belt to make sure that the pokeballs were still all there (he hadn't quite gotten used to counting 5 pokeballs), he slung his backpack back over his shoulder and waited patiently for the other two agents to arrive.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 6 2012, 09:22 PM
Post #2

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

"A Pikachu's Thunderbolt is expected to give off 100,000 volts if electricity. A device overloads with 750 amps, but have 500 ohm resistors. How many resistors will it take for the device to take the charge of six Pikachu's Thunderbolts so the device doesn't overload?" Jake was stationed at the dock, doing his homework. OUt of all the missions they had to test him with, it was this: Waiting for two ex-Magmas to meet him here and to leave them to the ship. No problem, right? Course not. He had to expect Magma to hunt them down as well. Can't let anything out of their walls, right?

"Stop doing your homework," echoed in his ear through the bluetooth device in his ear. Of course, he had to have someone watching for the test, and furthermore, he had already exclaimed that he would have no part of this mission, so failure would be on Jake's hands, not the higher up. "Keep an eye out for them as well as Magma."

"I know, I know. But if I don''t complete this assignment, they may take away my scholarship. If I lose that, then I would have to take less classes, which means longer to get my diploma. So, as I do my homework, I got Trickster keeping an eye out on things." Just then, an Abra teleported in front of him, causing him to look up the homework to see her shake her head before vanishing again. "No sign as of yet."

"Yeah, well still be careful. Can't make any mistakes, rookie. By the way, why would you need so many Pikachu if it would have so much trouble resisting one?"

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 9 2012, 12:36 AM
Post #3

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

It was just natural for Abraham West to wake up as early as he did. He was never really able to sleep late even when he had nothing to do that day. Worst case scenario, he'd figure out something to do, but usually he had plans. That was, at least, until he moved to Noverus. He ran there to lay low, after all, but of course, got caught up in shenanigans, and now he was forced to work for Magma to pay off a debt.

This was a substantial hit on his charisma. He woke up and just stared at the ceiling of his motel room for what seemed like five minutes, but turned out to be an hour. During that time, Gaia, his Swinub, was cuddled up between his torso and his left arm and Tartarus, his Elekid was on the floor next to the bed. Chaos, the newest addition to his team, his Shellder, remained in his pokeball for lack of a better place for him to stay overnight.

Then, his cell phone rang on the stand where there was a room phone (which was never used). Abraham gave off a natural sigh, which woke up Gaia, and reached over to pick it up. "West." He said with disappointment. "Okay. Yeah. 9th and Bridge. I'll figure it out. Who am I meeting? Okay. Yes sir."

"Nub?"

"Yep," Abraham said, setting the phone down, not really knowing what it was she was trying to communicate. "We got a mission."

Before getting dressed, he fed his pokemon (he even stopped and got a bowl for Chaos) and allowed Chaos out of his ball to eat. Then, he put on one of the more casual of his outfits, which still happened to be a longsleeved button down shirt and flat front pants with a belt, the shirt tucked in. He didn't wear a tie, which is what made it oh so casual. This time, his shirt was a solid dark blue color.

Then, he made his way to 9th and Bridge, as per his orders. Tartarus and Chaos were back in their pokeballs but Gaia shuffled along beside him. As he walked, he couldn't help but continuously look down to watch her move at what she considered to be a very intense pace due to her tiny legs.

He nodded when he turned the corner of the PokeMart to see Kaipo already waiting patiently against the wall. Abraham lost his smile of adoration once they made eye contact and just nodded. "Good to see you again Kaipo. Looks like we both still have our jobs even after that stunt at Shady Acres. Do you know if they're actually gonna go through with it? Spending money to maintain the park?"

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Feb 10 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #4

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 077

My Dream Team

Ares jumped as he heard a loud ringing sound. He was in Shady Acres, the suburban skate park that he had helped capture on a previous mission. Volgen, his Houndour, had been injured during said mission and had to stay at the local pokemon center while he recovered. Ares had just picked up the pup, who had made a full recovery, and was on his way back to his apartment room in the poor district.

After a moment, he recognized the sound coming from his black and red poketch, a second-hand outdated model with a big crack on the screen. He'd received when he'd been drafted into Magma. Being the dinosaur it was, it didn't have anything other than the basic features, meaning it couldn't do much more than call other people. With a small sigh, Ares pushed a button on the watch's face, accepting the call.

"Agent Zarrenler, come in," A rough businesslike voice said, mixed in with a great deal of static. As much as he hated being in Magma, Ares had to admit that he liked being called 'Agent'. "We've got a new job for you."

"M'right here," Ares said, glad his poketch didn't have a videophone to show him dramatically roll his eyes. The statement was rather obvious. After all, who else would have accepted the call? Still, he was supposed to acknowledge the officer on the other side of the call.

"Good," The voice said. "I assume you'll be needing a briefing, so here goes; We have a pair of turncoat operatives on the loose. You are to rendezvous with two other agents in order to neutralize the targets and anyone who is trying to assist in their escape, Aqua or otherwise. The two operatives you'll be apprehending are Paul and Devon LeBaron, who go by the codenames Ogre and Turbo, respectively. Meet with your partners at 9th and Bridge. You had better not mess this up, Hangman, or you'll be hanging, all right. A success here will get me a promotion. Out."

Ares stared blankly at the cracked screen, which displayed a digital watch in military-style time. That was it? All the officer had given him in the manner of the defects' descriptions were their names. There was no way he would be able to find them like that. He would just have to hope at least one of the other two agents had gotten a better description.

"C'mon, we'd better get going," Ares said, talking to the three pokemon at his side. Hope, his over protective Gligar, nodded from her perch on Ares's shoulder. Orbis, his equally overprotective and rather irritable Bronzor, chimed in its agreement, and Volgen yipped from his trainer's feet, vigorously wagging his stubble little tail. Cadou, the trainer's Sandshrew, was in his pokeball, most likely napping.

As Ares rounded the corner to his destination he breathed a sigh of relief. Kanoa and Abraham, who were really the only other Magmas he knew, were both at the corner. At least he wasn't working with elitist snobs. He nodded in greeting to the older operatives, walking up to where they were.

"So, um, you guys know what the two defect operatives look like?" Ares asked as he walked up to them. "I only got their names."

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

Click the trainer card to get to my PANE current levels post!

My Stories (click to show)

Avitar Credits (click to show)

Previously known as Hurple and Drakonawin
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 10 2012, 10:31 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Oh Hello!" Kanoa's face lit up as Tall-Dark-and-Handsome Abraham approached. It appeared that he was already familiar with one of his teammates, which made things easier. Between Abraham and Kanoa, Abraham easily used his brain better than his haphazard and lackadaisical counterpart. "My commanding officer, Sergeant Nutsacks, said that they're posting police units and some pr people to oversee it. The prizes are mostly Magma propaganda and a few leftover pokemon items. Nothing big." Kanoa paused for a moment "But yeah, he gave you a "good-job-by-you" speech that I never passed on to you. So...good job by you!"

A weight fell off of Kanoa's shoulders. He wasn't cut out to be a leader by any means, even if he technically outranked Abraham.

"Say...you're a smart guy. Why don't you lead this mission, huh? Also, did you get a cool callsign? They assigned me 'Rascal', pretty debonair right?" Kanoa surprised himself at the use of the word 'debonair'; he didn't even realize that it was in his vocabulary. He gave himself silent kudos for using the word properly.

Then Ares Zarrenler appeared, and immediately got down to business.

"Well, hello to you too, Little Mister and friends." Kanoa grinned cheekily as Ares approached. His spirits quickly reached a high peak once he realized that he knew both of his fellow operatives, and that they weren't idiots. He had no qualms whatsoever with being the dumbest in the group, seeing as it summed up most of his life. "From what I got, one's 5'11 with black hair and grey eyes. The other is shorter with brown hair and blue eyes. They're wearing black hoodies and jeans." When it came to attributes, Kanoa didn't have that hard a time remembering details. Names remained his greatest weakness.

"So, any ideas on how to go about this?" Kanoa had been racking his brain while waiting for his teammates to arrive, but he kept daydreaming about a certain someone back at his apartment complex, who maybe wanted to hang out later.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 11 2012, 01:04 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

PANE

"So why me?" Jake asked dully into the blue tooth as his pen scribbled on the paper as he was doing math. "I mean, you could easily be down here, taking down Magmas left and right with what I heard."

"That's the problem. I am too well known," the observer admitted. "I am pretty much a big enough name for them to recognize me even in a disguise. You, however, are just a simple college student. Why would they keep a hit on a kid like you?" He could hear Jake give off a low, "hmph," on the other end from that remark. "Hold on, I think I am seeing something." Zooming in with the binoculars, he was able to see one of the targets: Turbo.

~~~~~~

Tightening the hood over his head, Devon "Turbo" LeBaron kept quiet as he walked forward, taking a moment to look at a piece of paper. It was instructions given by Aqua to him and his brother on where to meet for the pick up and get them into base safely. If things went smoothly, there would be no issue. However, that was never the case, so the brothers chose to split up and arrive at different times, not to arouse suspicion. Still, he could not help but twist a Pokemon containing his Pikachu in his hand. "Hey brother, where are you at?" he whispered, a Poketch in his hand as he talked to his brother.

"Approaching 9th and Bridge. After that, I am going to head left and for the given port," Paul "Ogre" LeBaron replied. "If you think I am worried, don't be. I got protection nearby." And by protection, he meant the Lairon walking to the right of him. "You are a block away as we planned, right?"

"That's right. Just be careful. Don't expect Magma to let us get away without a fight. I know how reckless you can be..."

"Relax, brother. Everything is going to be just fine."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 15 2012, 12:57 AM
Post #7

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Abraham just nodded and gave a modest smile while slightly rolling his eyes and Kanoa congratulated him for his success on the previous mission. Then, he offered Abraham a leadership position on this particular mission, which was initially appealing, but after a moment, he was less enthused. He'd only really been offered because his higher up didn't want to do it himself, and gaining rank in Team Magma wasn't exactly his goal in life anyway.

"Rascal?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "You, uh. You actually want me to call you that?" Then, he remembered. "As the unofficial leader of our group: No. No, I will not call you Rascal." He said this, of course, with a playful smile which indicated his facetiousness. "I don't need a codename either. Just call me, uh," he paused. "Adam. You can be- I don't care, just make it a normal sounding name. The point of codenames isn't just for anonymity, we need to fit in on the streets, right?"

And then: "You know what? Fuck it. Call me Abraham. I just realized I don't care if people here know my name."

Abraham wasn't too shocked to see that the third member of their party was, in fact, the third member of their previous party: Ares. The boy was young, but he did have a smart sense about him, which was respectable. He certainly seemed more mature than Kanoa, but Abraham could tell there was more to the skater than he let on. He had some rank and loyal pokemon, which likely meant he had some level of maturity, though perhaps not the same kind Abraham commanded.

"Good to see you again, Ares,"

"So, we're looking for-" he saw a man in a black hoodie and jeans walking with conspicuous Lairon next to him and talking to someone through his PokeTech. "Would that, uh," It seemed too easy. "That guy?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Feb 19 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #8

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Ares nodded as Kanoa explained the appearance of the two turncoats. Hope nodded as well, staring intently at Kanoa as he spoke. Ares looked at the Gligar with a slight frown. He knew she was just trying to protect him, but sometimes the ground type was overly serious. He was sure Hope could learn a lesson or two in relaxing from Cadou, strange as it seemed for anyone to be learning anything from the laid-back Sandshrew.

As if on queue, someone who fit Kanoa's description of walked by. A Lairon at his side only added to the man's suspicion. Ares looked over at Kanoa, raising an eyebrow. It seemed like a joke; After all, things were never that simple.

With wide eyes Volgen watched the Lairon from behind Ares's legs. It was so much bigger than him, and bigger meant stronger. He hated how larger pokemon loomed over him, seemingly able to crush him with one blow. They reminded him of the pokemon back when he was used in the dogfights, always pushing around the others because they were bigger. He whined softly, pawing the ground. Ares picked the houndour up and began to scratch him between the ears, calming him down.

"So, um, should we follow him?" Ares said, dropping his voice so that only Kanoa and Abraham could hear. The younger trainer figured that, since the guy was alone, it would be better to let him lead them to the other guy rather than capture him now and let the other escape.

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Feb 20 2012, 01:03 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Abraham opted out of a callsign, which was 'nihilistically cool'. He'd heard someone say that phrase here in Hoenn, and honestly had no grasp of the concept of nihilism. It was a big word and sounded cool, and he was particularly proud of himself for remembering it.

"You don't need to call me Rascal" Kanoa conceded with a bit of a sad look. Admittedly, Abraham had a point, despite the inherent coolness of a codename. "I thought it sounded cool."

He did, however, make a mental note to refer to Abraham as Agent Cupcake at a later date.

Then, before they could even hatch a wickedly cool scheme, a guy in a black hoodie and a Lairon appeared. Understandably, they weren't in the best part of town, hence the want for protection or, at least, intimidation.

"Sweet Ballsacks, it is!" Kanoa exclaimed in an excited whisper. Ares' idea to follow him seem good. He looked to Abraham, then looked to Ares, then finally at his feet. "It's a good plan, Carey, but we can't all follow him." He frowned, his excitement waning. "He'd catch on. It could also be a trap. So...I'll follow him. Agent Hangman, follow me at a safe distance, in case I need back up. Agent Gorgeous George, scoot on up ahead down 8th, quickly then double back in to 9th. You know, scout ahead and junks. Also, that way, if he loses me, you might be able to catch him, right?"

Kanoa's speech was half professional-half slacker, and he spoke with his usual casual air, which, if "Ogre" was watching, would make it seem like a bunch of people chatting in front of a pokemart.

Ogre walked by them, though once he was in earshot, Kanoa whispered: "Just play along" then launched into a story about the time he climbed a building. Once the man was past them, Kanoa reached into his backpack, pulling out some earpiece looking devices. "Got them from HQ, they're walkie talkie earpieces." As the other two put them in, he popped open a pokeball, summoning his Zubat, Helipop. The bat pokemon flapped about excitedly, happy to be out in the air again.

"Helipop, play...uh...overwatch. You stay overhead and give me a warning if people are coming, like we practiced."

Neither confirming nor denying, the Zubat took off into the air, flapping almost erratically to gain some height.

"Ballright! Send in the clowns, bitches!" Kanoa's excitement returned tenfold as he practically bolted the three steps to the corner. Assuming an easy pace, he began to stroll a good several yards behind the man they figured to be Ogre and his Lairon. Hopefully the other two followed the plan, as it seemed like a pretty good, safe one despite being so slapdash.

"No way! A test!?" He said cheerfully into his earpiece, to see if Abraham and Ares responded. He was careful to choose something that would be easy for the other two to understand while still seeming conversational. He'd always been good at mischief, especially throughout his school days. Luckily for him, there actually was a real-life usage for shennanigans and things like not getting caught. Perhaps the life of a secret/not-so-secret agent would be a good choice after all.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Feb 23 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

PANE

"You realize how much you stand out, right brother?" Turbo asked over the Poketch, seeing him in the distance. He was also able to see a Zubat get into the air after he passed by some kids. "Either Magma has been hiring more kids, or the rumors of some Rebellion group are true. Either way, I am sure they don't want us lounging with Aquas."

"Brother, how many times do I have to tell you to relax," Ogre replied. "Everything is fine. Leiron needs the excercize anyways. He's fat." This put the steel type in shoock, surprised on what his trainer said. "It's true. You really need to get on a diet. Hopefully our friend would be able to help out after we help him with some tutoring." They weren't stupid enough to have a cover story themselves if they stood out. If they were to be questioned, they were going to a study group. The clothes were jsut stylish to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With more scribbles of the pen, Jake looked up and about each way. Out of no where, Trickster popped up besides him and pointed down the street. "They are that way," he asked, getting a nod from the Psychic tyupe. "Alright. Keep your guard up, and give them detours of they run into trouble." With a small nod, the Abra vaniashed once again. Closing his book, Jake had to get up and stretch. "I wonder if I could catch another foreign Pokemon as I wait..."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Feb 29 2012, 12:44 AM
Post #11

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Abraham remained relatively calm as the trio began to silently follow the suspect. There were some basic rules to following someone, and almost all of them revolved around subtlety. Keeping distance was important, and keeping people between one's self and the target as well. Don't follow exactly, because that's too obvious, especially to those who might know they're being followed. Don't be afraid to lose sight for a moment, just as long as you know how to find them again.

Things were different when traveling with a group, though. One might even say harder, because a group of three traveling together, not talking and walking at the same pace as a lone walker looks like they have a mission in mind. They'd need to keep up this charade of small chat consistently and, while small talk was a specialty of Abraham's, and he didn't doubt Kanoa's ability to fill the void with speech, it was still risky. After all, Kanoa, Abraham and Ares were not three pees in even the most mutant of pods.

Abraham, himself, was much more of a solo kind of guy, and preferred working against others than working with them. Still, "Don't lose sight of him or me,"

With that, he picked up the pace to walk ahead of Kanoa and Ares. His rate was faster than the man they were following so he eventually caught up, but he made sure to maintain a look of seriousness about his own situation, while disregarding his surroundings. Though he wasn't wearing a tie, he did look like he was on his way to something with at least some importance, and so he figured Ogre wouldn't think much of it if he passed him up and walked ahead of him. "Excuse me," he said, politely and without making eye contact.

He saw this tactic on TV once, where half of the team follows and half leads the target. This allows for a more fluid approach to the trail...Or something. He wanted to try it, at least.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Mar 1 2012, 05:10 PM
Post #12

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Ares looked at Kanoa in confusion when the older agent called him “Carey”. He thought for a moment that Kanoa had mistaken him for someone else. Then he realized it was most likely a fake name. Regardless of whether he'd been called by the name intentionally or not, he decided he was going to use it, anyways. He'd lived in Noverus all his life, after all, and it wouldn't be that odd if Ogre knew his name. Not to mention Ares wasn't exactly a common name in Noverus.

"Psh, you call that a climb?" Ares said as Kanoa began his story. He was trying to act like the social person he most certainly wasn't. "Y'know that big apartment over on Sunny Haven Avenue, next to the pokemart? I climbed that once, no gear, no helmet, nothing." He wasn't lying. He'd done the climb three years ago on a dare. It was stupid and dangerous, but the boy who'd made the dare had taken Volgen's pokeball- with the Houndour inside- and had refused to return it until he'd climbed to the top and back down.

Ares accepted the earpiece from Kanoa, holding it gingerly in his hands. He figured the tiny piece of technology was by far the single most expensive thing he'd ever held. For a moment he just stared, amazed that he been entrusted with something worth so much money. Then he fit the device in his ear as carefully as possible. It felt awkward, something in his ear. It was unsettling, but he resisted the urge to take the earpiece out.

"Hope, you keep an eye on the air, too." Ares told his Gligar, under the assumption that two overhead watchers would be better than one. "Try to stay close to me, since I might need you to battle at any moment. If you do get lost, find Kanoa, Abraham or Helipop. You do remember Helipop, right? He's Kanoa's Zubat." Hope nodded and glided up after the other pokemon.

“What did you say?” Ares said jokingly as he heard Kanoa’s voice from the earpiece. For the first time since he’d been drafted into magma he chuckled. “Just kidding. I heard you.” The ease in Ares’s tone surprised himself. There was something about the older trainer that just made the younger more comfortable talking. As he spoke into the microphone he started walking swiftly toward the direction his two colleagues had already gone. Once he caught site of Kanoa he slowed down to a liesurley pace, making sure to keep both Kanoa and Ogre in sight.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 2 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Abraham didn't quite follow Kanoa's idea. Well, truly the idea was Ares', but still. In any case, the desired outcome had been achieved, so Kanoa merely shrugged it off. He had, after all, introduced the idea of Abraham taking charge of the mission.

He'd also failed to respond to "Agent Gorgeous George", which was a pretty cool nickname. "

Ares piped up over their little earpieces, and Kanoa was surprised at the tone. Normally the youngest member of their mutant pod held a solemn tone in his voice. This levity greatly surprised Kanoa to the point where he just laughed into his earpiece.

"Okie dokie artichokie! We're all in position." He glanced overhead to watch as a Gligar moved effortlessly from building to building, keeping a steady watch on the situation. It was a bit of a comfort to know that there were two pokemon surveying from overheard. However, he knew that Helipop would let out a Screech if anything was amiss, he didn't know the signals from Hope.

Continuing his casual stroll, Kanoa made sure to keep his gaze moving about, lest Ogre figure out that he was being tailed. Honestly though, when a large, city-controlling faction had a dossier on him, wouldn't it have been better to be less conspicuous? The brazen choice to have one of his known pokemon in the open was a silly move. Well, not that Kanoa knew what pokemon he possessed, but still.

But then it struck Kanoa. If it was a brazen move meant to draw them in...it meant that his brother was probably positioned to mark them in return. They'd been trapped into revealing themselves too soon.

Nevertheless, there was the chance that it wasn't a trap, too, and that Ogre, despite his standing in Magma, was actually just a brazen, blunt meathead. He probably had some powerful pokemon on him too.

He'd let Abraham handle him if it came to battle. That seemed pretty wise.

"Soooooo slow." Kanoa casually buzzed into his earpiece "Kinda boring, m'right?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 7 2012, 07:55 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

PANE

"Odd place to do homework," Turbo said to Jake, hands in pockets. With him looking up to see the hooded man, he had to try and remember what the key phrases were to know it was them. If not, he had to play fake and get rid of him. "Need any help?"

"Yeah, sure," he replied, asking him about the same question about the Pikachu. There was five answers he was to expect, each one indicating if how was whoever. For Turbo, it was speed. Ogre was about Power. The right answer meant he was bugged. Questioning numbers meant the info was leaked. Anything else and he could be double-crossing.

"I know it is out of the box, but wouldn't their Quick Attack on conveyer belts work a lot easier?" The speed answer. This was Turbo.

"Doubt my teacher would accept that kind of answer. Think anyone else can help?"

"My brother, but he likes to take his time. Besides, he likes to take his time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stupid kid," Ogre muttered as someone passed him by, saying excuse me. It wasn't like he hit the guy or Lairon, but still, part of him searched his back poket. His wallet was there, so it wasn't like anything was stolen. "Alright, now where were we?" Looking around, he was able to see the sails of a boat to the left of him, which was a good sign of the pier nearby. What stood out to the Lairon was the meat bun stand over there. With a happy cry, he ran his way over there. "Hey, get back here you fat ass!"

Running down, he took a moment to catch his breath, muttering, "Fine. Two meatbuns." With the man behind the counter busy, an Abra handed over the food, watching the money get placed on the table in return. As the two walked off champing away, Trickster Teleported off as the worker turned qabout, seeing the missing meatbuns and money. He wasn't sure if he made a sale or got paid to get robbed.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 16 2012, 09:42 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"I'm really bored."

After finding himself met with silence (which he assumed were nods of assent from his two cohorts), he figured he'd restate his most obvious state of mind.

"You know what? I say screw this secretive nonsense, and let's just attack him. That'll draw out his brother for realsies, then we can just nab them both, right?"

Without waiting for a reply, the ever impulsive Kanoa threw out a pokeball. The ball cracked open behind Ogre, summoning a little Roselia on to the street. Lennox had said "by any means necessary", and alleviating his ennui at trailing someone was undoubtedly a necessity. Lennox had also neglected to mention anything about keeping a low profile. Perhaps it was for the best that Lennox hadn't recommended "Agent Rascal" for Stealth training.

"C-Dub!" the lanky teen hollered as he broke into a run forward "Toxic Spikes!"

With a sweep of his flowery arm, the Rose-looking pokemon threw out a cluster of purple caltrops. The little spikes landed scattered around Ogre and his Lairon. Lairon, possessing a Steel Type, was immune to them, but Kanoa was pretty sure that Ogre posssessed more pokemon than just Lairon.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 17 2012, 06:23 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

PANE

The poison spikes was an odd surprise. First off, who the hell would use poison around a steel type?! Secondly, who in their right mind would challenge Ogre, a man who got his name by taking hits and dealing them back even harder? "You chose the wrong opponent, kid," he said, turning around to face Kanoa. "If you think that will stop us, think again! Lairon, show them why. Use Iron Head!"

With the stomping from the four legged Pokemon, the steel around his head began to glow platinum before charging in at the flowery Pokemon. This was going to be no problem. Like a flower can stand being ran over!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

with some nearby commotion, Jake and Turbo looked over their shoulders to see a nearby battle between a kid with someone else and Ogre. "Should we help?" Jake asked, watching what was going on.

"No, not really. He would just yell at us for interrupting his fun. However, if their numbers change, then i am sure we will have to interfere," Turbo insured, clutching Pikachu's Pokeball tightly.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Mar 19 2012, 01:27 AM
Post #17

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Abraham heard Kanoa's voice and understood it as a battle command. While he was initially annoyed that he'd go against the plan, there was some sense to it. The guy, Ogre, was obviously meeting his partner, and if they were allowed to reunite, it would be a much harder battle. Taking them out one at a time was a much better strategy, though it would make it difficult to find Turbo (Ogre wasn't the name of a guy who'd sell out his brother).

Still, it didn't seem necessary for Abraham to join the fight, not yet anyway. Kanoa and Ares were already engaged in combat, and there was no need for it to be a 3v1. Having Abraham on the other side of Ogre in case he decided to run would be better, and it would be even better if the guy didn't know Abraham was with the attackers.

With the attention of anyone in the area on the battle, it was hard to notice Abraham slow to a stop, turn around and watch the fight. He wanted to make sure he was casual about it, and so he popped out a cigarette, while keeping his eyes on his surroundings. There was, of course, the possibility that Ogre and Turbo were traveling together, just not side by side. He'd need to be prepared if Turbo were to join his brother.

This post has been edited by Yzarc Drowsnam: Mar 19 2012, 01:27 AM

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Mar 20 2012, 09:44 PM
Post #18

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Ares sighed as he heard Kanoa launch an attack. He had really hoped they wouldn't have to fight around a bunch of people, but he supposed it was for the best. When they finally took down Ogre, it would be a lot harder for him to escape by boat, which, knowing of Aqua, was most likely what they had sent. Afterward, though, they would still have to find and catch Turbo.

Hope glided down to Ares's shoulder, nodding in the direction of the battle. Ares took it that the Gligar was alerting him to the fight.

"I already know about the fight," Ares said. "But thanks," he added quickly as Hope drooped. "Stay up in the air and keep an eye on things. Let me know if you see Turbo coming." The Gligar nodded and soared into the air. It went ahead to the scene of the battle and circled around Ogre and Kanoa, watching the fight.

Ares quickened is pace, but he continued to walk. He wanted to remain inconspicuous for as long as he could before he started fighting. If it was his choice, he would have remained unknown as a Magma for the entire mission, but he couldn't. He would have to reveal himself at some point, so then seemed as a good a time as any. As he got closer he returned Volgen to its pokeball. At the moment, he didn't have need of the Houndour, and the Lairon would just scare it. That just left he and Orbis. The teenage trainer took a deep breath and stepped out of the crowd to stand next to Kanoa.

"Orbis, hypnosis," Ares said calmly. For a moment the bronzor glowed with psychic power. Then it launched several ring of psychic energy in the direction of Ogre and his Lairon. Ares didn't care whether it hit the Lairon or its trainer, so long as he wasn't getting pummeled by Ogre or trampled by his pokemon.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 20 2012, 09:59 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Kanoa grinned cheekily as Lairon charged with a powerful move. Snapping his fingers, he yelled "Helipop!"

Out of seemingly nowhere, Kanoa's Zubat swooped down, snatching up the small rose pokemon before impact. The Lairon skidded past missing his mark, and effectively putting him in range of Orbis' Hypnosis attack. Kanoa hadn't anticipated Ares' aid so early, but the ever serious kid had chosen to step in quickly. Good thing he did, from the looks of the Lairon, Kanoa's foolhardy assault might've been a poor choice, considering Ogre's nickname was...well...Ogre. Luckily, Abraham had not yet acted, meaning that at least one of the three was still actively keeping an eye out for the other brother.

"Coco, use Leech Seed. Helipop, back in the air!" With cries of acknowledgment, Kanoa's Zubat dropped his Roselia from the air, as the latter aimed one of his roses like a gun. Like firing a pistol, a tiny burst of seeds shot forward. Upon contact, they were sprout and wrap the traget in an ivy like substance, draining energy from them and returning it directly to the Leech Seed user. Kanoa wasn't going to win this one with brute force.

With any luck, the Hypnosis and Leech Seed would take effect, causing Ogre to recall the Lairon and send out another pokemon...directly onto Coco Wheelie's toxic spikes.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 22 2012, 07:33 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

PANE

"Hey man, that's cheap," Turbo called out as his steel type got wrapped up and began to snooze about. "Damn it. Cheap ass kids. Did your parents ever teach you how to have a proper match?" Returning the steel type away, he gave a bit of a sigh. "Now you kids are going to get it Nidorino, get them!" Bad for them, for as the Pokeball was sent out into the battlefield, the purple Pokemon appeared, looking around on the opppoents, seeing who he had a better Rivalry with. AS for the Toxic Spikes, he was seeping them away out of the battlefield. Advantage of a Poison type. "Show that steel plate your feet. Double Kick!"

As they began to engage in combat, an electric zebra seemed to of joined in the fray. "Good grief, brother. Getting hot headed again. Guess I will lend you my hand again. Blitze, Flame Charge the Roselia." With the zebra stomping her fet, a flame surrounded her body before taking charge at the plant type.

Jake stood a small distance away, watching the brothers enter combat together. One whose focus on pure power, the other on speed. Two basic traits on how to take an advantage, but not everything. Still, they did make a good team. Would the rookie have to step in himself to help out as well? With Trickster teleporting on his head, he let off a small sigh.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:05 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.