Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
LGBTQ Thread, Issues and other Topics, Where people can find others like them
Gryphaena
post Jul 1 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #1

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Um, I think there has probably been a thread for this in all the years in the Forums but I looked through 5 pages of General Discussion and didn't see any.

Please forgive me, Mods, if there was a very popular thread in the past that I could've resurrected.

Uh, I'm thinking this can be a place to share our stories (like some of us did in the June Chat Thread).

Maybe talk about how supportive or restrictive our countries are with us, if we're closeted or not, anything really.

If you don't like us, please stay out of the thread or be civil with us or you'll be reported for harassment.

If you have questions about us, you might find people willing to speak to you.

If drama occurs, try to work it out privately but resort to moderators if needed.

There's still lots of things for me to learn, I started going to my campus' Gay Straight Alliance meetings but I haven't been going regularly. -_-.gif

I have been a member of the San Diego Women's Chorus which is a lesbian identified chorus but any woman can join.

About myself:

I am a woman who doesn't care what gender I am,

I am living with a mental illness,

I take medication,

I am also a little autistic.

I am raised Catholic but trying to figure if that is my real religion,

I think I'm bi-curious at the moment,

I am of Filipino descent, and

I live in the United States.

Finally, I hope this becomes a big happy thread. :]

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Jul 2 2015, 05:25 AM
Post #2

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

Well, I'm all straight and boring so I don't think I'll contribute much to this thread. But I do want to say I also hope this becomes a big happy thread for the LGBT members of our community! I've chatted to plenty of you, and y'all are awesome. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jul 2 2015, 05:29 AM
Post #3

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Jul 2 2015, 03:25 AM) *
Well, I'm all straight and boring so I don't think I'll contribute much to this thread. But I do want to say I also hope this becomes a big happy thread for the LGBT members of our community! I've chatted to plenty of you, and y'all are awesome. happy.gif

Ah, shoot, did I forget that friendly people of all types are welcome here? Maybe I should edit my first post.

But thank you, Cyclone for being the first person to reply.

I was laughing at myself at how unpopular this thread was. xD

Is it because the way I set it up, posting in here is essentially outing yourself?

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jul 2 2015, 09:57 AM
Post #4

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

Maybe you just need to give people time to find this thread/be online at all? x) It's not that old yet.

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jul 2 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #5

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(Manah @ Jul 2 2015, 07:57 AM) *
Maybe you just need to give people time to find this thread/be online at all? x) It's not that old yet.

I guess I am being impatient.

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jul 2 2015, 12:54 PM
Post #6

Janitor
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 133 427

wat

Haven't seen a lot of discussion on the General board in a long while, so replies to this topic'll probably be slow. No worries, though.

Personally, I consider myself pansexual (or the lack of gender or sex preference). Some people don't consider that real, and that's okay I guess. Never really bothered me either way. I'm not really closeted about it, other than to my family, because they're all very religious and would probably never treat me the same if I was open about it with them, unfortunately.

As far as genders go, I never bothered with it, so I guess I identify with my current sex. It's easier that way.

I'm not in a homosexual relationship currently, but I was happy to hear the Supreme Court ruling earlier this week. That was nice. Good to see the United States getting with the times.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jul 2 2015, 01:00 PM
Post #7

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(SpectreGuy @ Jul 2 2015, 10:54 AM) *
Haven't seen a lot of discussion on the General board in a long while, so replies to this topic'll probably be slow. No worries, though.

Personally, I consider myself pansexual (or the lack of gender or sex preference). Some people don't consider that real, and that's okay I guess. Never really bothered me either way. I'm not really closeted about it, other than to my family, because they're all very religious and would probably never treat me the same if I was open about it with them, unfortunately.

As far as genders go, I never bothered with it, so I guess I identify with my current sex. It's easier that way.

I'm not in a homosexual relationship currently, but I was happy to hear the Supreme Court ruling earlier this week. That was nice. Good to see the United States getting with the times.

I think I can tell my Aunt and my older sister about how I am but probably not the rest of my nuclear family.

I was pleased about the Supreme Court ruling as well.

Then there are those people that are saying "It shouldn't have been national news."

Imo, it was a more deserving national news piece than Caitlyn Jenner's debut.

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jul 2 2015, 02:35 PM
Post #8

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Jul 2 2015, 03:25 AM) *

Straight is not boring, women are the best species of human being alive

--------------------
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jul 2 2015, 03:21 PM
Post #9

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jul 2 2015, 12:00 PM) *
Then there are those people that are saying "It shouldn't have been national news."

Imo, it was a more deserving national news piece than Caitlyn Jenner's debut.

I agree. The idea that a Supreme Court decision shouldn't be national news is so outrageously silly.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jul 2 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Diamond Party

So they're an entirely different species now? ... ... On second thought though...
Joking aside, people think I'm a woman just because I'm biologically female and happen to be ok with it, but nope. I have no idea what those weird creatures are, I'm not one of them. '__' Might be the whole "women are emotional", which I'm not. Asexual and aromantic too.

I really can't be bothered to put more effort in a gender identity I don't even care about. (Just need to figure out how to get the "but there's this one thing I'm absolutely not ok with" feeling across to people who think I'm just a regular woman. =/ )

--------------------

~
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jul 2 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #11

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(Manah @ Jul 2 2015, 01:27 PM) *
So they're an entirely different species now? ... ... On second thought though...
Joking aside, people think I'm a woman just because I'm biologically female and happen to be ok with it, but nope. I have no idea what those weird creatures are, I'm not one of them. '__' Might be the whole "women are emotional", which I'm not. Asexual and aromantic too.

I really can't be bothered to put more effort in a gender identity I don't even care about. (Just need to figure out how to get the "but there's this one thing I'm absolutely not ok with" feeling across to people who think I'm just a regular woman. =/ )

As someone said in the July thread, you cchoose how to define yourself, then live it out to the best you can.

at least, i think someone said something to that effect.

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jul 2 2015, 04:37 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Diamond Party

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jul 2 2015, 11:25 PM) *
As someone said in the July thread, you cchoose how to define yourself, then live it out to the best you can.

Which doesn't really help when I need to convince someone to get surgical help removing something that I'm supposed to think is the greatest thing ever for women. dry.gif Well, I guess recurring self mutilation dreams may help get the point across.

I really don't care what I am, it's just that the expectations of others can get tiring when they're not easily avoidable.

--------------------

~
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jul 2 2015, 04:40 PM
Post #13

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(Manah @ Jul 2 2015, 02:37 PM) *
QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jul 2 2015, 11:25 PM) *

Which doesn't really help when I need to convince someone to get surgical help removing something that I'm supposed to think is the greatest thing ever for women. dry.gif Well, I guess recurring self mutilation dreams may help get the point across.

I really don't care what I am, it's just that the expectations of others can get tiring when they're not easily avoidable.

Oh man. Can you find another doctor surgeon who will listen to you?

I'm sorry I can't truly empathize with your situation, i don't like the idea of anything entering me other than food.

i do not think of surgeries.

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jul 2 2015, 04:52 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Diamond Party

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jul 2 2015, 11:40 PM) *
Oh man. Can you find another doctor surgeon who will listen to you?

I'm sorry I can't truly empathize with your situation, i don't like the idea of anything entering me other than food.

i do not think of surgeries.

I haven't really told anyone yet, I'm just planning ahead. I need plans and strategies to do pretty much anything important. happy.gif

I'm not a fan of surgery either, but if something has to be removed... *shrugs* I'd just prefer it if I could ask someone to do it without any discussion and whys and buts.

--------------------

~
+Quote Post

Azor Ahai
post Jul 3 2015, 02:10 AM
Post #15

K N E E L
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 146

Diamond Defence

Why are straight guys in here. rolleyes.gif

I thought I was straight until I was asked out by a guy and didn't refuse, hell I even thought it would be cool. I have developed feelings for him and even if we were to breakup I think that I'd continue to date both sexes, so I'm bisexual. Reading your stories have opened up my eyes even more to the overall community and the struggle each faction faces, its cheesy of me to say but even though its a tough road ahead, we'll make it through together. smug.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jul 3 2015, 03:11 PM
Post #16

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(Azor Ahai @ Jul 3 2015, 12:10 AM) *

I thought I was straight until I was asked out by a guy and didn't refuse, hell I even thought it would be cool. I have developed feelings for him and even if we were to breakup I think that I'd continue to date both sexes, so I'm bisexual. Reading your stories have opened up my eyes even more to the overall community and the struggle each faction faces, its cheesy of me to say but even though its a tough road ahead, we'll make it through together. smug.gif

I see no problem with straight people being in the thread, they're being friendly and not antagonistic.

Thank you for being comfortable enough to talk about yourself here. :]

If we stand together and unite we will be strong.

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Azor Ahai
post Jul 9 2015, 02:45 AM
Post #17

K N E E L
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 146

Diamond Defence

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jul 3 2015, 04:11 PM) *
QUOTE(Azor Ahai @ Jul 3 2015, 12:10 AM) *

I see no problem with straight people being in the thread, they're being friendly and not antagonistic.

Thank you for being comfortable enough to talk about yourself here. :]

If we stand together and unite we will be strong.

It was a cheeky glib from me, of course they're welcome.

You're right.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Judool
post Jul 13 2015, 06:46 PM
Post #18

yooooooooooooo
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 429

im in a hetero relationship right now, but im bisexual. the only downside to my sexuality is all the stereotypes and hearing that my sexuality isn't "valid". im just glad that my boyfriend understands me and accepts me for who i am despite all the negative stereotypes surrounding bisexuality. u vu

regarding gender, i actually had a bit of a crisis with this a month or so ago. i didn't feel like either gender, though i had feminine tendencies at times. lovely people on tumblr helped me and i now identify as agenderflux. :) ive only told my boyfriend about this yet again and he 100% supports me and has even been trying to use correct pronouns (even tho im fine with she/her still). im glad i managed to find someone so supportive of me.

--------------------

3DS FC: 4682-9068-5409 (be sure to send me a PM with your code too!!)
Nintendo ID: Stinko
tumblr
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jul 13 2015, 06:57 PM
Post #19

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(Stinko @ Jul 13 2015, 04:46 PM) *
im in a hetero relationship right now, but im bisexual. the only downside to my sexuality is all the stereotypes and hearing that my sexuality isn't "valid". im just glad that my boyfriend understands me and accepts me for who i am despite all the negative stereotypes surrounding bisexuality. u vu

regarding gender, i actually had a bit of a crisis with this a month or so ago. i didn't feel like either gender, though i had feminine tendencies at times. lovely people on tumblr helped me and i now identify as agenderflux. happy.gif ive only told my boyfriend about this yet again and he 100% supports me and has even been trying to use correct pronouns (even tho im fine with she/her still). im glad i managed to find someone so supportive of me.

Everyone who wants a relationship should be able to find that wonderful, understanding person. It's awesome that you found him. :]

As I said, I'm still learning about this community.

Would you be comfortable sharing a few common stereotypes about bisexual people?

--------------------

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Judool
post Jul 13 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #20

yooooooooooooo
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 429

QUOTE(Gryphaena @ Jul 13 2015, 04:57 PM) *
Everyone who wants a relationship should be able to find that wonderful, understanding person. It's awesome that you found him. :]

As I said, I'm still learning about this community.

Would you be comfortable sharing a few common stereotypes about bisexual people?

sure! ill list the ones i know off the top of my head. a lot of people assume that bisexual people are just "confused" on which sex they are interested, and others just find them flat out greedy for being interested in both. some people also think that bisexual people are the quickest to cheat in a relationship because of their two sex preference. or that bisexuals sleep around a lot.

most of the stereotypes ive seen have been that sort of thing. i know that there are some people in the lgbt community that dont want to include bisexuals, especially if they are in a hetero relationship. it's just stupid stuff in my opinion, but i cant do much except prove people wrong through my actions.

--------------------

3DS FC: 4682-9068-5409 (be sure to send me a PM with your code too!!)
Nintendo ID: Stinko
tumblr
+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:48 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.