Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Hanukkah Event 2015, Happy Hanukkah! Updated Dec 14th.
KatTheBard
post Dec 7 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #41

I get a title?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 122 414

Active Squad

So I've noticed that the default is to show the number of coins you've earned that day, with coins earned on previous days going into a bank of sorts. Are we allowed to use those Coins to spin? Thanks!

--------------------

Daycare: Ditto x Audino

I auto-add anyone who is 20 or less adds away from SN. I try to update my Pal Pad every Sunday. I also accept PMs!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 7 2015, 03:38 PM
Post #42

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(Layn @ Dec 7 2015, 02:03 PM) *
So the four options for dreidel results are -4, -2, 0, and 4 (using the default 4 coin option)
This means that the average result from rolling the dreidel is a lossof, on average, half a coin per roll. Where is the incentive to roll the dreidel?

It's not a 25% chance for each side; the odds are skewed. I made a lot off the dreidel yesterday, with Gimel being the most frequent result (and me betting the max 30 each time). Though today I've been getting more Hei/Nun, but you stand a good chance to net from it, as long as the RNG gods aren't in a horrible mood.

QUOTE(KatTheBard @ Dec 7 2015, 02:27 PM) *
So I've noticed that the default is to show the number of coins you've earned that day, with coins earned on previous days going into a bank of sorts. Are we allowed to use those Coins to spin? Thanks!

From the OP: "You can only play with the coins you've earned during the current day, rather than your full total."

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

KatTheBard
post Dec 7 2015, 03:53 PM
Post #43

I get a title?
Group Icon

Member No.: 122 414

Active Squad

Heh, thanks...that'll learn me to read .3.

--------------------

Daycare: Ditto x Audino

I auto-add anyone who is 20 or less adds away from SN. I try to update my Pal Pad every Sunday. I also accept PMs!
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Dec 8 2015, 10:09 AM
Post #44

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

The chance to double the amount of coins you enter. And, as it seems, today is not the day for me to be playing this. I fell from like #7 yesterday afternoon down to #80 today. LOL See? I told ya's, didn't I? Vegas n I. Two things that don't go together. lol.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

The Brain
post Dec 8 2015, 09:22 PM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 173

My Dragon Family

QUOTE(Layn @ Dec 7 2015, 04:03 PM) *
So the four options for dreidel results are -4, -2, 0, and 4 (using the default 4 coin option)
This means that the average result from rolling the dreidel is a lossof, on average, half a coin per roll. Where is the incentive to roll the dreidel?

The results are better described as:
You Lose Everything You Bet (Coins x 0)
You Win Half Your Bet (Coins x .5)
You Win Your Bet AND Spin Again (Coins x 1)
You Win Double Your Bet (Coins x 2)

--------------------

+Quote Post

anybody
post Dec 8 2015, 10:53 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 443

Active Squad

I'm a childish fool with no self respect, so I'm going to tell you all how to win this coin hunt!! When you spin the dreidel, chant "gimel" "gimel" "gimel" over and over until you receive your spin result. Make sure to... how do I say it... "flash" your fingers to your computer screen, like... ummm... drat!... like you have all five fingers touching in a teepee formation, and then you extend your fingers out, like a "flash" signal or something- I don't know...! I've gotten gimel about 8 times in a row just after doing this method, and I'm one cheesy loser, so I'm willing to spread the victorious news on how to win! Note- I am a major derp and this is all based off of random utterly uncontrollable luck and this may or may not do anything to help your chances of winning coins when you spin the dreidel- I'm just... being a derp.

derp, derp, derp....

feel free to ignore me now, I do it to myself all the time!

...If this is considered a useless post, mods, feel free to ship me to an isolated location whee no one will find me... hehe dry.gif
no one would blame you!

--------------------
hey, you got a problem with me- TALK TO THE FIST!
+Quote Post

Lance Hunter
post Dec 9 2015, 11:57 AM
Post #47

Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 733

Hatch'em all!

Not sure if this is intended or not (I would guess not), but hatching Dracowymsy eggs isn't giving me any coins. In their normal form (the one that comes out of the egg), they are secondary fire-typed though. I'm not sure if this happens with all secondary fire-types, or just with Dracowymsy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Layn
post Dec 10 2015, 04:25 AM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 353

Active Squad

Any news on how many points we will need for prizes this event? I have 300 points now, and my very first plate was the fire plate, so I do not actually need any more fire shinies. It would be nice to know when I can go back to hatching bellsprouts...
+Quote Post

Jen
post Dec 10 2015, 12:56 PM
Post #49

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Prizes will be announced some time after the event ends next week. No other information will be given.

If anyone else is feeling the same way:
If you want to go back to hatching your regular hunts that's completely okay, you can still get points through the dreidel and the scavenger hunt if you want to! Remember that events are not mandatory, it's up to the individual person whether they want to participate or not, so I really hope you're not feeling forced to do something that you don't want to do, because that's not our intention at all. happy.gif

Of course, that means that you're not going to get as much as the people who continue to participate, but it is an individual decision. You can always try to think of some pros and cons, such as you may like the prizes and feel glad that you kept going, or you might not like them and get upset that you didn't stop and focus on other things. Either way, the decision on whether or not you should stop is completely up to you.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Glaceo
post Dec 12 2015, 06:25 AM
Post #50

Final Form
Group Icon

Member No.: 99 478

Dream Team

I think there's a bug of some sorts with the event. I should have 83 coins at this point, however when I try to spin, it says I don't have enough.
here is a screenshot: http://puu.sh/lSDFf/75845f864b.png
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Dec 12 2015, 06:31 AM
Post #51

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Octobris @ Dec 12 2015, 12:25 PM) *
I think there's a bug of some sorts with the event. I should have 83 coins at this point, however when I try to spin, it says I don't have enough.

You can only use coins earned today to spin the dreidel.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 12 2015, 01:52 PM
Post #52

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Dec 12 2015, 05:31 AM) *
QUOTE(Octobris @ Dec 12 2015, 12:25 PM) *

You can only use coins earned today to spin the dreidel.

Also, hover over the underlined net total (above the dreidel) to see your current grand total.

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Luxrayx
post Dec 13 2015, 06:47 AM
Post #53

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 154 018

Active Squad

Do we know what the odds are for the dreidel? I've given up on it, as I lose absolutely every time.
+Quote Post

Erty
post Dec 13 2015, 08:22 PM
Post #54

Shiny Shooter
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 612

The Mew the Merrier

Nun 7 times
Hei 6 times
shin 6 times
Gimel 6 times

that's what i got, that still means a net loss of 16.67% of what you put in assuming all chances are equal (what it looks like to me).

i put in 306 coins, i lost 141 of those and won 42 which nets me at -99 coins because of the dreidel... meh i might just stop spinning

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Dec 14 2015, 12:47 PM
Post #55

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Erty @ Dec 14 2015, 01:22 AM) *
assuming all chances are equal (what it looks like to me)

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Dec 7 2015, 08:38 PM) *
It's not a 25% chance for each side; the odds are skewed.

It actually looks like gimel is most likely to me, but I've only done 8 spins (and half of those were gimel).

On another note, I didn't realise the event ends tonight! Hopefully 500gp will be enough for the top prize. cat.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

BurakkuMajishan
post Dec 14 2015, 01:45 PM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 232 199

Loved ones

Can't wait for prizes to be announced konata.gif Hope being #40 atm (hope to rise just a little bit more ^^) will give me something nice nod.gif

--------------------

Nothing interesting here (click to show)
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 14 2015, 08:25 PM
Post #57

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

I hope everyone who celebrates it had a wonderful Hanukkah!

Tonight, at reset, our Hanukkah event ends. What this means is hatching Fire-types will no longer give you coins and the Dreidel will be deactivated. However, completing Scavenger Hunt tasks will continue to net you 20 coins.

The prize idea we have planned is not quite ready, which is why I'm going to allow you to keep earning coins throughout the Scavenger Hunt. I promise you that the prizes will be ready within a week or two, by Christmas at the latest, but hopefully earlier (possibly even this weekend).

I know it's completely unlike us to delay a prize (cough), but December is a busy month and I'm only able to work on this during my free time! The same goes for the contributors that helped me with the first part of my idea.

I will tell you this: the number of coins you've earned will determine how many prizes you receive, rather than trying to unlock one big top prize. So continue to earn your 20 coins a day by participating in the Scavenger Hunt, and enjoy the rest of your Holiday season! We may have one or two other things for you later in the month, unrelated to this Hanukkah/Coin event.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Dec 14 2015, 08:31 PM
Post #58

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

Oh, that's not too bad. I managed 501 coins, but the opportunity to get 200 more is always welcome cat.gif (Pity I didn't have 577, though.)

This post has been edited by Cycloneblaze: Dec 14 2015, 08:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Dec 14 2015, 08:39 PM
Post #59

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Dec 14 2015, 07:31 PM) *
Oh, that's not too bad. I managed 501 coins, but the opportunity to get 200 more is always welcome cat.gif (Pity I didn't have 577, though.)

Well, you've still got a few hours left to get 577. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Dec 14 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #60

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

This sounds interesting. Maybe I'll even hit the 1000 mark like I hoped but came up short.
Thanks for the motivation to keep doing the scavenger hunt. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:45 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.