Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Vs. Seeker "training"
Uwtkhgs
post Nov 14 2010, 08:47 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 114 755

Dream Team

i think there should be a level limit on the "training" division. like 25 or something. twice now my level 1 and 12 tangrowth was beaten by pokemon level 71 and 100. if your pokemon's level is that high, you should have enough faith in it to at least enter it in the "bronze" division.

--------------------
Click my Poke's! (or is it Pokes? I'm not sure)

Quotes! (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tazii
post Nov 14 2010, 08:51 AM
Post #2

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

Personally, I don't like this.

The higher your opponent's pokemon is, the more maturity your pokemon will gain (even if you lose). I actually like it more when my weak pokemon face high levelled pokemon because they usually gain a large boost in maturity from it.

Some people want to complete achievements. It's harder to obtain these achievements in higher ranks.

Some people don't want to risk money or can't afford it.

Why should some people's pokemon be excluded just because their opponent's may be weaker? A Lv 75 pokemon needs training too.

This post has been edited by Doc Worth: Nov 14 2010, 08:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

YunikoYokai
post Nov 14 2010, 08:58 AM
Post #3

Cute, Cuddly and filled with Cookies
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 212

My Favourites

QUOTE(Doc Worth @ Nov 14 2010, 01:51 PM) *
Personally, I don't like this.

The higher your opponent's pokemon is, the more maturity your pokemon will gain (even if you lose). I actually like it more when my weak pokemon face high levelled pokemon because they usually gain a large boost in maturity from it.

Some people want to complete achievements. It's harder to obtain these achievements in higher ranks.

Some people don't want to risk money or can't afford it.

Why should some people's pokemon be excluded just because their opponent's may be weaker? A Lv 75 pokemon needs training too.

^ This. I HATE it when my low leveled pokemon fight another low leveled pokemon, they don't even go up a level half the time. I am also going to start doing the battling achievements, but I don't want to waste my points (for a lucky egg) on it when they get to level 100.

As said above, even when you lose, you still get maturity for it.

This post has been edited by YunikoYokai: Nov 14 2010, 08:58 AM

--------------------

Bug Bonanza (click to show)

Fire Frenzy (click to show)

Other Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Zakariah
post Nov 14 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 377

Active Squad

I use high levelled Pokemon in training mode for the achievements and I don't want to waste points before I get Corporate.

I also want to increase my VS Seeker stats without losing any points whatsoever.

--------------------

+Quote Post

koolchick
post Nov 14 2010, 09:53 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 839

Active Squad

I am with the others on this. Why should any one be forced to use points to battle when there is a free one. I dont see why losing is so bad when you dont pay to enter you dont lose anything. Also lower level pokemon can sometimes win higher level pokemon. It really sounds like you just want to win every battle.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Nov 14 2010, 09:58 AM
Post #6

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

I personally think the only level limit for the Training one should be Lower than level 100. Because there's no reason for a level 100 to be in Training, they aren't going to level up anymore.

I've mentioned this before but whether anything about that actually gets done is a different story.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Nov 14 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #7

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

QUOTE(Commander Wymsy @ Nov 14 2010, 09:58 AM) *
I personally think the only level limit for the Training one should be Lower than level 100. Because there's no reason for a level 100 to be in Training, they aren't going to level up anymore.

I've mentioned this before but whether anything about that actually gets done is a different story.

I'd still find use for level 100s to enter the Training division so I can at least get the achievements. I'm not exactly confident gambling my points on my Farfetch'd.

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Uwtkhgs
post Nov 14 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 755

Dream Team

ok, thanks for the imput. though I think we should at least go with what Commander Wymsy said. and like I said, Dragonlord Haar, you should have enough faith in your Farfetch'd to gamble the points needed for bronze.

--------------------
Click my Poke's! (or is it Pokes? I'm not sure)

Quotes! (click to show)
+Quote Post

YunikoYokai
post Nov 14 2010, 01:24 PM
Post #9

Cute, Cuddly and filled with Cookies
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 212

My Favourites

QUOTE(Uwtkhgs @ Nov 14 2010, 04:58 PM) *
ok, thanks for the imput. though I think we should at least go with what Commander Wymsy said. and like I said, Dragonlord Haar, you should have enough faith in your Farfetch'd to gamble the points needed for bronze.

and for those who don't want to waste their points because they are so busy with other money-needing achievements/items? Corporate GPXPlus takes a long time to do, especially if you don't trust the VS Seeker with a barge pole (like me XD ). I'll be entering my level 100 pokemon in the VS Seeker for 2 reasons: to get the achievements easier (since I'm saving up for a lucky egg) and to help people raise their pokemon faster. A pokemon can easily jump 20 levels after fighting a level 100

--------------------

Bug Bonanza (click to show)

Fire Frenzy (click to show)

Other Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

monster415
post Nov 14 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 401

Pokemon Walls

I have to agree with almost everyone else on this. I see no reason to put a level cap on training option for all the reasons mentioned in the previous posts. I've seen plenty of lv 1's beat lv 100's in the VS Seeker so yeah I say keep it as it is.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Special K
post Nov 14 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

QUOTE(Uwtkhgs @ Nov 14 2010, 11:58 AM) *

You seem to have missed the whole point about people wanting to save their points? The VS. seeker is half luck, with the directions. It's like a game of rock paper scissors. What if the farfetch'd goes against another level 100 pokemon but loses because it gave the wrong battle instructions? That's like saying that because I'm strong, I should start betting money on rock, paper, scissors games against other people. Being strong wouldn't help me at all, I'd rather save my money and just play for free o_O
+Quote Post

Pizza Guy111
post Nov 15 2010, 06:12 AM
Post #12

Humble Soldier
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 986

The Brigade

QUOTE(Uwtkhgs @ Nov 14 2010, 11:58 AM) *

You're telling this to the guy who got the achievement for five consecutive losses with a level 100. I have no faith in my Pokemon winning at all. xD

--------------------
Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2024 - 11:36 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.