Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Skitty and Wailord Issues - EDIT: Still Unresolved
Ashuri 2003
post Apr 25 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 154 187

My Eeveelutions

Okay so I keep seeing that people say to keep Skitty and the Wailord in the Daycare for a long time to get them to breed... but here are my five concerns.

1.) Skitty is Female and level 36. Wailord is Male and level 40.
-> People are saying you can't breed a lvl 100 Wailord and lvl 1 Skitty, which makes sense, but mine are insanely close in level and yet hate each other.

2.) I have a Destiny Knot.
-> People say that you need this to make them compatible, and yet mine still are not compatible and continually say;
The two Pokémon are not interested in each other in the slightest. They are not compatible! They won't lay eggs. Ensure they are close enough in level, not related, and share an egg group!

3.) Heritage.
-> Every time I go to try and check the heritage the page just loads white and stops. It never actually loads so I can't even check to make sure these two Pokemon are not related to one another.

4.) Using other Pokemon.
-> I've tried this same thing with another Skitty and another Wailord and they still came up as not being compatible.

5.) Natures, Egg Groups, Type, Etc.
-> Their Egg Groups are similar (Wailord is Ground & Water 2 while Skitty is Ground & Fairy). Wailord is a Water type while Skitty is a Normal type. Wailord's nature is Rash while Skitty is Jolly. Is there anything here which is affecting their ability to breed?

So what's up with this?
Do I just leave them in the daycare for a few days and HOPE that with the Destiny Knot they'll like each other eventually? Or is this a lost cause since I can't check their heritages?

This post has been edited by Ashuri 2003: Apr 25 2014, 03:29 PM

--------------------
I love making The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit Sprites!

My Shiny GPX+ Team

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Doom Hunter
post Apr 25 2014, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 207 612

Active Squad

Can't check their heritage? I have the feeling they're probably Alex and Thomas bred then, because you can't check heritages of A&T or Cypress eggs, if my memory serves me. Of course, if not, then ignore what I said. But if they're A&T bred, they're probably not related.

Try getting both to 100 and try then....that's what I did.

--------------------
|

He's watching you....so protect the environment!

+Quote Post

Ashuri 2003
post Apr 25 2014, 11:59 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Eeveelutions

QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Apr 25 2014, 11:53 AM) *
Can't check their heritage? I have the feeling they're probably Alex and Thomas bred then, because you can't check heritages of A&T or Cypress eggs, if my memory serves me. Of course, if not, then ignore what I said. But if they're A&T bred, they're probably not related.

Yes they are both A&T bred. I had no idea that the heritages of those didn't work properly since I rarely, if ever, look at their heritages.

Really though? Both to 100? Ugh... that takes so long...

--------------------

My Shiny GPX+ Team

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 25 2014, 12:11 PM
Post #4

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Ashuri 2003 @ Apr 25 2014, 05:59 PM) *
QUOTE(Doom Hunter @ Apr 25 2014, 11:53 AM) *

Yes they are both A&T bred. I had no idea that the heritages of those didn't work properly since I rarely, if ever, look at their heritages.

Really though? Both to 100? Ugh... that takes so long...

Alternatively you could try adopting a correct gendered skitty until it isn't an Alex and Thomas bred Pokémon, then level it up to whatever level your Wailord is. Just to be on the safe side in-case they are related (which I doubt, but yeah)

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Apr 25 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

I don't think level 100 is really necessary, just get them to be on the exact same level. The fact that they are both bred by A&T doesn't necessarily mean that they are related, but it's going to be hard to figure out if they are unless you can find both of them on their daycare offspring page and positively show that they are related or not. I'd personally just try to find a new skitty that is not bred by them.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Rhapsody
post Apr 25 2014, 12:18 PM
Post #6

you got some nice boulders
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 795

porgeymins

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Apr 25 2014, 01:14 PM) *
I don't think level 100 is really necessary, just get them to be on the exact same level.

Pretty much this. The Daycare aggregates statistics to determine if the Pokemon will breed (e.g. same species = higher chance, level disparity = lower chance). Since they're about as different as you can get, even a level difference of 4 levels might be enough to bump it below the threshold.

The fact that they are both bred by A&T doesn't necessarily mean that they are related, but it's going to be hard to figure out if they are unless you can find both of them on their daycare offspring page and positively show that they are related or not. I'd personally just try to find a new skitty that is not bred by them.

They were bred almost two years apart, so I highly doubt they're related, but A&T might be screwing with you. Find another Skitty if you want to be absolutely sure, but try raising your Skitty to level 40 first.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ashuri 2003
post Apr 25 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Eeveelutions

QUOTE(Samoo @ Apr 25 2014, 12:11 PM) *
Alternatively you could try adopting a correct gendered skitty until it isn't an Alex and Thomas bred Pokémon, then level it up to whatever level your Wailord is. Just to be on the safe side in-case they are related (which I doubt, but yeah)

Mk. I think I can stalk the safari for Skittys. I thought about just breeding my own Skitty too.

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Apr 25 2014, 12:14 PM) *
I don't think level 100 is really necessary, just get them to be on the exact same level. The fact that they are both bred by A&T doesn't necessarily mean that they are related, but it's going to be hard to figure out if they are unless you can find both of them on their daycare offspring page and positively show that they are related or not. I'd personally just try to find a new skitty that is not bred by them.

So like adopt a Skitty egg from the Lab instead I take it?

QUOTE(Rhapsody @ Apr 25 2014, 12:18 PM) *
Pretty much this. The Daycare aggregates statistics to determine if the Pokemon will breed (e.g. same species = higher chance, level disparity = lower chance). Since they're about as different as you can get, even a level difference of 4 levels might be enough to bump it below the threshold.

They were bred almost two years apart, so I highly doubt they're related, but A&T might be screwing with you. Find another Skitty if you want to be absolutely sure, but try raising your Skitty to level 40 first.

I'll try and get my Skitty to level 40 first just to be on the safe side.
All the other breeding achievements were so easy but this one's just driving me nuts hahaha.

--------------------

My Shiny GPX+ Team

+Quote Post

Ashuri 2003
post Apr 25 2014, 03:01 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Eeveelutions

Okay... so I leveled the Skitty up to level 40... and I still get this.

The two Pokémon are not interested in each other in the slightest. They are not compatible! They won't lay eggs. Ensure they are close enough in level, not related, and share an egg group!

I mean really?
Both Skitty and Wailord are now Level 40 and they STILL WILL NOT BREED!
-head desk-

--------------------

My Shiny GPX+ Team

+Quote Post

DrSnap
post Apr 25 2014, 05:05 PM
Post #9

Ghost with 108 souls
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 880

Nightmarez

Well, I don't know why it doesn't work for you, but I did the achievement with a female Wailord and a male Skitty, both at level 100. Hope this helps...

--------------------

~~ ~~
+Quote Post

Kaname Date
post Apr 25 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 186 218

Active Squad

They're both bred by Alex and Thomas. Maybe that's the problem?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ashuri 2003
post Apr 25 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Eeveelutions

QUOTE(The Blood Moon @ Apr 25 2014, 06:09 PM) *
They're both bred by Alex and Thomas. Maybe that's the problem?

Well everyone was saying that shouldn't matter.

What I'm going to do now is try and get an egg of each from the lab, level them both to 40, then see if that works (provided the genders work).

--------------------

My Shiny GPX+ Team

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:13 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.