Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
224 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Everything you read today is a lie, but the cake is real. Seriously., April Community Thread
Jen
post Mar 27 2015, 02:27 AM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

April Community Thread!

Hey guys! Welcome to my little experiment that I’ll be trying out for the next couple of months — or longer hopefully! What I want this to become is basically a way for everyone to chat to each other with no restrictions on keeping to a certain topic. If you want to talk about your morning, your school life, your work life, your gaming life, your interests, hobbies, etc. then this is the place to do it.

If you remember back far enough there was a thread called the “last person to post wins” thread, and you might remember how spammy — yet talkative — it was. That is what I’m aiming for except not as spammy and hopefully getting our members closer together. (:

How to Participate
For user participation I’m proposing that you nominate other users based on their kindness, helpfulness, and participation in the thread. If you've found that someone has made a post that relates to any of these descriptions then send me a PM with the subject of the category and the user's username. For the body of the message leave a link to the comment that you are referring to.

Example:
Subject: Helpfulness - Rhapsody

An extra way to receive nominations from outside of the community thread is to be seen being awesome.

"How can I be awesome?" you may ask.

Have good behavior around other areas of the forum as well, not just the community thread. If you're noticed helping a lot in the questions and help section, or giving input in the suggestions forum then you are more than likely being awesome.

So be awesome.

Note: Only staff can nominate people being awesome. I want you guys to only focus on the community thread, so that things aren't all over the place.

Rewards
Three to two days before the end of the month, I'll write down all the nominations on individual pieces of paper. Those papers are going to be placed in a box and drawn out little by little until there's only three left. The three winners will be able to choose a legendary or novelty of their choice for a special event. I won't say what that event will be until May. ~ It is a mystery ~

Since I'm expecting members to have their names in the drawing multiple times, I'll hold some extras for the side* and maybe give that person who was a winner twice (or three times!) a consolation prize.

*By on the side I mean that while I'll have the top three already picked, I'll also have the top six (so the three draws that were about to be discarded) in waiting just in case.

Rules
Now for the not-so-fun part. If any staff member catches word of anyone bullying other members there will be punishments; such as, not being able to be eligible for the drawing, and a warning of a percentage that staff seems suitable for the committed infraction. If I find out anything I will send you a message saying what I heard/saw while leaving everyone else anonymous — so have no fear if you need to report someone — and tell you what you did wrong and why you’re being punished in such a way. Fair enough? Please keep it civil!

- Regular forum rules still apply here. Basically don't double post. Don't ask for clicks every time you fill your party. Unless it gets out of hand, I'm okay with you linking to an exploration Pokemon who needs a specific berry.

- Don't litter your post with swear words.

- DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF. If you send me a PM nominating yourself you'll receive a verbal warning. Do it again and you'll be disqualified from winning for a given period of time.

- Do not make this thread's nominations a popularity/clique group. Even if you don't like someone, send them a nomination if they're following the rules and being active in the thread. Please be fair!

- Do not suck up to staff who are participating in discussion. We will notice this. Not cool, man! (Talking and sucking up are two different things and we'll notice the difference, I promise. So don't be scared to talk to us!)

- No memes. Examples: Scumbag Steve, Good Guy Greg, Bad Luck Brian, Socially Awkward Penguin, Awkward Moment Seal, etc. If you want to post an image to give imagery to your post, such as the kind of breed your dog or cat is, a screenshot of the villagers in your animal crossing game, your new haircut, etc. then that's fine. Put them in a spoiler though.

- Gifs are allowed, but don't overuse them. If the thread turns into nothing but gif replies, I'll give everyone a 10% warn that was involved because it's just plain out spam! If you feel that you know of a gif that is relevant to the conversation, such as dis gon be gud, then go ahead and put it in a spoiler tag. That's fine!

- No quote pyramids! Be sure to cut out everything that was before what you're replying to. They can get long and make a page annoying to scroll through, so be considerate to your fellow members!

- A post must be AT LEAST one sentence long. If you’re saying hi or bye to someone be sure to add something more to your post.

End Note
In the end, this is all for FUN, so remember that! Don’t get competitive with other users, make friends instead! Besides, being angry and stressed will make you break out, and you don't want to break out, so think of your skin! Jokes aside, please be respectful of everyone around you. If something rubs you the wrong way then send a private message to the person and talk it out. Leave the drama in private, or I, or other mods that are on, will chase you with our warn sticks!!!

Members of staff are also eligible for nominations from Global Mod and down, so don’t leave them out just because they’re staff! I’m wanting ALL members of the community to communicate with each other, not just users. So expect to see us around, and don’t be shy!

Alright this is all I can think to say right now. If you have ANY questions then please ask! Enjoy, have fun, make friends, and win prizes! <333

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 27 2015, 02:55 AM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

Gaming Info

Friday: Nintendo - Super Smash Brothers U/3DS, Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Saturday: Steam - Left 4 Dead, Garrys Mod

Sunday: Minecraft - Party games, Survival Games, Pixelmon server

Nintendo

Smash and Mario Kart
Anyone can host a game. Just set things up and send out invites!

Animal Crossing
Open your gates and let others in or go visit other user's towns! Have fun! Please respect the rules of everyone's towns though!

List of Nintendo IDs and Friend Codes (click to show)

Steam

Left 4 Dead

Want to play a custom campaign? Link to it. We'll discuss which ones we'll be playing that day in the thread. (:

Garry's Mod

I've never played this. Teach me the ropes please.
Games that I've seen on Youtube have been Prop Hunt, TTT, Murder... basically anything that Pewdiepie and Minx played... maybe. hah!

I know Garry's Mod has some horror custom maps. If you're not too scared then some of you should play those with me. They might totally end up on Youtube. :P

Borderlands

List of Steam IDs (click to show)

Minecraft

Minecraft
Suggest good servers for games and Pixelmon. The one I can think of off the top of my head is Hypixel. I'm pretty sure there are tons of others though!

Pixelmon Server IP run by sportsfan666 - pixelmon.acherongaming.com
Extra info on the server (click to show)

Vanilla Server IP run by MaliceIncorporated - 76.164.208.106:33837 Do not spread this IP around.
Extra server info (click to show)

pidgey.gifpidgey.gifpidgey.gif

Mon - Thurs
I'm cool with you guys hosting your own games whether it be on Steam, CAH, Nintendo, LoL, Wow, whatever, you're free to link to your room or ask for people to play with within the thread. I want to keep the themed nights themed though.

Streaming
If you're a streamer and want to link to your stream when you go live then go ahead.
If you're watching someone stream and you think others would like to watch with you then go ahead and link it.

Youtubers
Don't link to your channel to advertise. Keep it in your signature.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cajun
post Mar 31 2015, 11:14 PM
Post #3

Doing alright. Hope you are too~
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 27 775

Still miss y'all

If you remember back far enough there was a thread called the “last person to post wins” thread, and you might remember how spammy — yet talkative — it was. That is what I’m aiming for except not as spammy and hopefully getting our members closer together. (:
This shall be the best or worst April Fools Day ever.

In GPX related things, I am nearing 1000 Pokechests. Soon I will make it hail Sky Gifts upon the masses. How many do y'all think I'll be throwing?

--------------------
Inactive but still drop by sometimes.
Best contact is @Cajun#5683 on Discord.

Even when all hope is lost, we will never surrender
And when the music finally ends, you'll always remember
Never. Stop. Dancing.

+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 31 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #4

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Cajun @ Mar 31 2015, 11:14 PM) *
This shall be the best or worst April Fools Day ever.

In GPX related things, I am nearing 1000 Pokechests. Soon I will make it hail Sky Gifts upon the masses. How many do y'all think I'll be throwing?

You will never know. Bahahahah

And idk what is math

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Mar 31 2015, 11:44 PM
Post #5

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

*waves at everyone* Just poppin' in to say hi. happy.gif I don't bite, so don't be afraid to talk to me.

Also, I'm wondering how long until someone's cursing my name. lol. *clears throat*

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

My Way
post Mar 31 2015, 11:45 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 97 301

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jen @ Apr 1 2015, 12:17 AM) *
You will never know. Bahahahah

And idk what is math

So this is... interesting? :P
Also have you always had a rotating avatar and I just never noticed?

--------------------

2DS FC: 3840-7678-9350
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Mar 31 2015, 11:46 PM
Post #7

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

Looks like a fun thread. Sorta like the IRC (Do we still have that?) but more people will know it exists. wink.gif

I actually run my own Pixelmon/SMP servers for MC. Pixelmon has gyms, cities, routes, and a bunch of fun stuff. I'd love to invite the GPX community to join, but I'm not sure if suggesting my own server would be frowned upon or not, hah.

I got a bit of approval, so here's the Pixelmon IP - pixelmon.acherongaming.com I hope anyone who joins has an awesome time~ If you have any questions/issues/concerns, you can message me on here.

This post has been edited by Sportsfan666: Apr 1 2015, 12:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Mar 31 2015, 11:48 PM
Post #8

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

Hooray! If you don't mind, I'll add your Friend Code sometime soon.
As for things, gah this new exploration is impossible lol. I blame my horrible battling skills combined with the CPU's ability to get critical hits multiple times in a row.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just beat them, but man it was tough.

This post has been edited by The Majestic Mr L: Mar 31 2015, 11:56 PM

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Jen
post Mar 31 2015, 11:51 PM
Post #9

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Plantronic @ Mar 31 2015, 11:45 PM) *
So this is... interesting? :P
Also have you always had a rotating avatar and I just never noticed?

I hope it will be!
Yup! :P

Looks like a fun thread. Sorta like the IRC (Do we still have that?) but more people will know it exists.

Exactly!! Like a chat room except it isn't real time. I figured it might be easier to people to jump in and things and less intimidating. ^_^.gif

I actually run my own Pixelmon/SMP servers for MC. Pixelmon has gyms, cities, routes, and a bunch of fun stuff. I'd love to invite the GPX community to join, but I'm not sure if suggesting my own server would be frowned upon or not, hah.

If you don't mind, please do! I definitely prefer a server run by someone from here. It sounds a lot safer. Thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post

RicFule
post Mar 31 2015, 11:52 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Darth Krytie @ Mar 31 2015, 11:44 PM) *
*waves at everyone* Just poppin' in to say hi. happy.gif I don't bite, so don't be afraid to talk to me.

Also, I'm wondering how long until someone's cursing my name. lol. *clears throat*

Well, that might happen more frequently, IF there was a Jedi around, dontchaknow.

QUOTE(The Majestic Mr L)
As for things, gah this new exploration is impossible lol. I blame my horrible battling skills combined with the CPU's ability to get critical hits multiple times in a row.

Yeah. It took me 5 or 6 attempts to get through that Battle.

This post has been edited by RicFule: Mar 31 2015, 11:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Mar 31 2015, 11:53 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

I think that I can grow to like this thread idea! happy.gif I haven't been out on the forums very much because GPX has always, to me, been about the clicks. But I'm very much liking the new staff members and ideas that I've read about. Given that my internet life revolves mainly around Nintendo games (I think AC is a Nintendo game, right?), Pokemon and a couple fun FB games I like the lure to come here daily, read, post, and share a story, giggle and cheer or two.

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

My Way
post Mar 31 2015, 11:55 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Apr 1 2015, 12:46 AM) *
Looks like a fun thread. Sorta like the IRC (Do we still have that?) but more people will know it exists. wink.gif

Hey go for it IMO. I'll join and play :P

QUOTE(Jen @ Apr 1 2015, 12:51 AM) *
Exactly!! Like a chat room except it isn't real time. I figured it might be easier to people to jump in and things and less intimidating. ^_^.gif

Can confirm have hopped into IRC before and quickly ran out haha

--------------------

+Quote Post

Keith
post Mar 31 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #13

Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 198

Team Gracidea

I actually really like this idea. I'm not very active otherwise on the forums (pretty much never post lol), but this is rather interesting and unique. It seems like a fun way to hang out and talk about whatever and potentially make new friends and win stuff. Nothing but can good can come from this I feel. happy.gif Thank you for this to all of the GPX staff.

Also, to get the ball rolling on discussing stuff that is stuff ... who all is excited for tomorrow's Nintendo Direct? What do you expect from it?

--------------------
My Pokemon:

Friend's Pokemon:
+Quote Post

m190049
post Apr 1 2015, 12:00 AM
Post #14

Your local psychopath
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 497

Fav 3 & Fav 3 Legends

QUOTE(Keith @ Apr 1 2015, 12:57 AM) *
Also, to get the ball rolling on discussing stuff that is stuff ... who all is excited for tomorrow's Nintendo Direct? What do you expect from it?

Mewtwo.
PLS SAKURAI

--------------------

My Eggs & Pokémon:

Head Administrator of the
:. GPX+ Wiki .:
I hope you find it useful!
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Apr 1 2015, 12:02 AM
Post #15

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

HYPERVENTALATING

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Apr 1 2015, 12:04 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(m190049 @ Mar 31 2015, 10:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Keith @ Apr 1 2015, 12:57 AM) *

Mewtwo.
PLS SAKURAI

Where do we go for such things like that though? I keep getting notices about "hey! Be sure not to miss this exclusive!", but it tells me to go to a Nintendo Zone. Uh... where is that? I obviously can't get to it through the work or my homes wireless... so where do we go? I think I missed two exclusives (not Pokemon related though) and the thought of getting a Mewtwo... really? Wow! Where do I go to find out about these things?

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Jen
post Apr 1 2015, 12:12 AM
Post #17

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(The Majestic Mr L @ Apr 1 2015, 12:02 AM) *

HYPERVENTALATING

April fools. Taking it away from you. devil.gif

@Mamanator - Yep, Animal Crossing is Nintendo!
I just restarted my town on this game, so I'm on it at least once a day and can open my gates for anyone, if you guys wanna come see how newb it is. hehe

@Keith - I guess just something about Zelda! Even just another little glimpse would be neat! cat.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Unnoticeable Koh...
post Apr 1 2015, 12:14 AM
Post #18

Still around
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 909

Epics

I still need to reduce the number of trinkets I hoarded from that one I had to get 50 of the same trinket. Due to other IRL duties, I really don't have time to stick around and do the task of making it rain sky gifts.

Also, in regards to shines, I seem to notice that I get one a month, with nightly clicks, checkins on mobile, and hoarding fails. Anyone else have the same rate me?

--------------------
[align=centerOccasionally pops in to post in various threads, best way to get back to me is via pm[/align]
+Quote Post

My Way
post Apr 1 2015, 12:17 AM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Apr 1 2015, 01:04 AM) *
Where do we go for such things like that though? I keep getting notices about "hey! Be sure not to miss this exclusive!", but it tells me to go to a Nintendo Zone. Uh... where is that? I obviously can't get to it through the work or my homes wireless... so where do we go? I think I missed two exclusives (not Pokemon related though) and the thought of getting a Mewtwo... really? Wow! Where do I go to find out about these things?

I believe it's actually Mewtwo in Super Smash Bros. Speaking of, is it exclusive to people who have both versions or just free to them and not free to those who only have one version.

As much as I wanted smash for the WiiU I couldn't make it happen.

QUOTE(Terezi Pyrope @ Apr 1 2015, 01:14 AM) *
Also, in regards to shines, I seem to notice that I get one a month, with nightly clicks, checkins on mobile, and hoarding fails. Anyone else have the same rate me?

My ratio right now is 1 per 197 and I don't know every other month is like 5 shinies and then maybe 2 or 1 on the off months.

This post has been edited by Plantronic: Apr 1 2015, 12:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Apr 1 2015, 12:18 AM
Post #20

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(Plantronic @ Mar 31 2015, 09:55 PM) *
QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Apr 1 2015, 12:46 AM) *

Hey go for it IMO. I'll join and play :P

QUOTE(Jen @ Apr 1 2015, 12:51 AM) *

Can confirm have hopped into IRC before and quickly ran out haha

I don't find the Chat scary.

I hope there will still be people who go on the Chat, now that it will compete with this thread.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

224 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.