Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pre-Poll of Themes for May's SWSH, Which theme would you like us to promote?, Which theme would you like us to promote?
Suggested themes for May
Which one would you like us to promote?
Endangered Species: Rhyhorn, Oranguru, Wooper. [ 17 ]  [41.46%]
Time to Mine: Drilbur, Onix, Rolycoly. [ 7 ]  [17.07%]
Turtleitarian Trio: Turtwig, Torkoal, Tirtouga. [ 17 ]  [41.46%]
Total Votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 

Rookie Roo
post Apr 18 2022, 06:39 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 196 476

Active Squad

A quick TL;DR for the ones who don't want to read everything: Just pick one theme you'd like us to try and promote for the next Site Wide Shiny Hunt (SWSH), and we'll try our best to make it a reality!
And, when the time comes, consider voting for the theme that won so we can, collectively, make it a reality! Scroll a little down to the "About next month's options" to read more about the reasoning behind the options for this pre-voting stage! And, also, don't forget to check out the "Rules" part just to be in the safe side and not make an oopsie!

Anyway, without further ado:

So... Oof- Hi! Uhhh- Well this is a LITTLE bit awkward for me :'D Roo over here, again. Being late. So, SOOO late.
Sorry for that.
Now, why was I late? Well... Work is just being AWFUL at the moment. In fact, it's been like that for me since the start of February or so and it will continue to be like that until, at the very least, the end of May. It'll probably extend more months tho' so I'm just DREADING all that.
Part of the reason why my activity has tanked and that involves posting this poll in time.
Thankfully Isla de Monte Cristo was kind enough to offer help and post it instead of me, which gave me enough resolution to just grab some time for ME and do this. I have this really ansty habit of putting my work before me so, seriously, thank you Isla.

ANYWAY, you didn't click on this for some small sob story so let's get on with the actual topic, shall we? grin.gif

Right now I have 55 suggested themes! YEAH they are STILL growing up! Hooray! But hey, a small introduction for those who are new here:

Are you tired of the SWSH being, most of the times, the last three Pokemon that have been added to the site? Are you tired of feeling as if your favorite generation doesn't get enough love, or is swept by the most recent ones? Do you wish you could have a hand in influencing the Pokemon we are going to hunt?
Look no further, you are in the RIGHT place.

For those who don't know me: I'm usually one of the organizers for past SWSH themes we've had! Particularly, I helped with a lot of 'em, from Moth Month (March 2021), Lovecraft Lovers (July 2021), Fungus Frenzy (September 2021), Changing Seasons (November 2021), Sparkling Gems (January 2021), and the last one We Could be Royals (Frilish, Nidoran F, Nidoran M) and now, once again, I want YOU to decide which theme you'd like to see in the next SWSH!

PS: I should really just delete the themes' names because at this point this small tradition is going for it's first year of succesfull attempts to make them come true huh? Thank YOU for making them a reality, btw! Without your help, we wouldn't have those themes at all!

"Ok, sounds nice, but what do I have to do again?"

The plan is quite simple: every non-SWSH month I'm gonna post a thread just like this with 3 themes, and you just have to choose the one you like the most! Then, the next month (the SWSH one) you'll see posters or info graphics inviting people to vote for the theme that had the most votes. PLEASE, consider voting for it and help out the other people who are already excited for a certain theme!

You can also look at it this way: if they get their theme quickly, it means we can get to the one you'd like faster than if you didn't help them! Mutual help! \o/

But wait that's not all! You can also help in other ways!

Personally, I encourage people to express themselves and ask for what they'd like. So, if you have a theme you'd like to see come true, please, go ahead and comment in this thread with it!
If you can, please tell me the reasoning behind them if there's any (for example "Pidgey, Fearow, Farfetch'd, because I like Kanto AND, more importantly, BIRBS") so I can try to think of ways to make them more appealing! Be that with a brand new story like I did with Lovecraft Lovers, OR by bothering Gajeel Redfox into using thematic images related to what you wanted!

So, think of one theme and post it if you want! Be sure to check this link, and make sure that the Pokemon you want haven't been hunted before!

Currently we have 55 different themes, but you can always propose more! grin.gif

About this month's options

So, next month could be a little chill. We don't have any Pokemon games coming up (thanks for that! My wallet needs some rest!) and we are having Earth Day event right now so MAYBE we'll see some drop in activity due to burn out.
REGARDLESS, it's still SWSH month SO I just used a real random number generator to choose from a shuffled list of all the themes suggested so far, with the exception of ONE theme that was previously chosen but it wasn't the correct month for it. More about it later. Anyway, tried to make it as randomized as I could make it, so rest assured that I did my best!

Anyway, the reason behind this month's options are:

- Endangered Species: Rhyhorn, Oranguru, Wooper. Proposed by Twili Terror, and named by them. In the month of May, we have the Endangered species day (this time is the 20th of that month!) and the Pokemon represent some of the endangered species that we currently have: Rhyhorn representing rhinos, Oranguru for orangutans and Wooper for Axolotls (particularly the mexican one, Ambystoma mexicanum). If you want to be more specific, you can think of Rhyhorn representing the Javan Rhino (Rhinoceros sondaicus) while Oranguru could be the stand-in for the Tapanuli orangutan (Pongo tapanuliensis), these two being one in the top ten list of endangered species, unfortunately.
But wait, there's MORE. In this month we are celebrating Earth Day, right? So wouldn't it make sense to celebrate the Endangered Species Day as a follow up to that? Guess it's you who'll decide!

- Time to Mine: Drilbur, Onix and Rolycoly. Proposed by Gajeel Redfox, and named by Nove Nuvonde. This one is pretty easy to explain! Drilbur is a digger, like Onix! And Rolycoly is our favorite coal Pokemon. Come on, just think about it! How many times does pokemon like Drilbur and Onix, in their quest to keep with their favorite activity, stumbled upon a rolycoly just chillin' in a mine?

- Turtleitarian Trio: Turtwig, Torkoal, Tirtouga. Not sure who proposed it, pretty sure someone just messaged me explaining they like turtles, BUT if you want to complain about the name, then my inbox is always open for some deserved roasts :'D. ANYWAY, the name? A play on "totalitarian". And yes, I tried to get another T in there but can't find any other word to add. Why another T? Come on, all three pokemon are turtles AND start with a T!

So, which one will you choose and would like for us to promote? Be sure to vote in the poll!

I also can't stress this enough, but: Your participation is important, both in this pre-voting stage and in the actual voting stage! So, please, consider participating!

Now as a small blooper, I need to come clean and say that there were two other themes that were chosen previously to any of the ones here: A Thanksgiving Month, proposed by Shadow Darkrai, and Mischief Makers, proposed by Miracle just last month. However, they were not in the poll since the first is recommended for November because that's the actual thanksgiving month, and for the second one we still don't have the proposed pokemon in the site. HOWEVER, once November rolls out and once we have the trio that Miracle suggested, they will be automatically selected for the poll, no questions asked, because they were technically selected already. So hooray!

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER

This project is, by NO MEANS, replacing the official SWSH nor officially associated with it. This is just a COMMUNITY project that focuses on trying to organize future SWSHs to give them an extra flavor.
As such, I CANNOT and WILL NOT promise that the winning theme of this stage will be the official SWSH next month, but you can BET we'll do our best to make that come true! That's why your cooperation in voting for the winning theme is also encouraged.

And that's all. Now I'll just leave the official rules just to be in the same page. Catch you soon! grin.gif

RULES

- Do NOT harass people into voting for what you want. Encouraging people is okay tho', so choose your words wisely.
Helpful examples! (Maybe) (click to show)

- Regular forum rules apply! So don't double post, or don't ask for clicks every time your party's full again!

- Don't post your shinies here. Rather post them over here, since more people would be able to see them! ;D

- You wanna rage about something? We actually have a place where to vent any negative feeling you might have, so click on that link so you can go there and release some tension!

- Try not to use swear words! This is a feels-good space, y'all!

- Memes are PERFECT in here, BUT do remember that they can stretch the page, so if they are big or a lot of them, remember to spoiler them so it doesn't get too bad!

- Try not to make BIG quote pyramids! Why? Because of page stretching, of course!

- We love to talk around here, so if you wanna comment something, feel free to do so and evade SUPER short posts if possible.

--------------------
Look at friend please cat.gif

If you need Social Network, or if you have it, you might be interested in reading this.

Shinies of 2020: 112 (click to show)

Shinies of 2021: 130 (click to show)

Shinies of 2022 (click to show)

Special Achievements (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Eryth Violet
post Apr 18 2022, 06:50 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 16 400

Shiny

I gotta vote for the turtle pun, and poor Torkoal almost never gets bred.

--------------------

hi kingis
+Quote Post

Gajeel Redfox
post Apr 18 2022, 09:42 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 61 873

Sushi Squad

Also if you guys have any graphics/poster suggestions also nudge me on that too!

--------------------
Signature Not Created By Me

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:51 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.