Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
banned religion
Rugal
post Jun 12 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #21

What?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 76 953

Active Squad

Like it or not, religion is going to be around. It's been around since the dawn of time.

QUOTE(OP)
Why banned it; If you have heard the recent controversy of the South Park episode 200 and 201, where they ones again put Muhammad in a censored box and a bunch of crap, then you know about the death threads.

Quite frankly South Park is a terrible show that's far from funny, well at least in my opinion. Back on the subject at hand, if you'd actually read the Qu'ran you'd learn that idol worship is pretty much a deadly sin, as it is usually interpreted as someone not revering Allah (God) as the absolute authority in the universe. Depicting the prophet Muhammad (whose teachings are the sole basis of the Qu'ran is basically in the same boat.

QUOTE(OP)
Not only that, but people have been killed simply because of different believes for thousands of years, and I am fucking tired and disgusted that at least two times a week innocent people are killed by bombings usually in the Middle East.
People have died for their beliefs, killed other people because of their beliefs, and I'm not gonna argue that because there's no reason to do so. However individuals have been corrupting the "meaning" of a said religion since the dawn of time and using it for their own gain. The European Dark Ages, Crusades, Pope Innocent III, The Spanish Inquisition, FLDS, Branch Davidians, The Armenian Genocide, Scientology, and today's Al-Qaeda and Taliban. Hell I'd give even more examples but that requires time and effort. noes.gif

QUOTE(OP)
Yes, it would create riots and many people would be pissed, but I think mythology is basically constantly
creating more tension and more violence.

People are always gonna find something about another person that they don't like and persecute them. The only real way to make a perfectly accepting society is to make everyone the exact same with the exact same thought process,
since there'd be literally nothing different to hate.

--------------------
Metaphysics explained in simple terms (click to show)
Important info about myself (click to show)
Things I may or may not be directly responsible for (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.