Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dating outside of your race, Do you agree with it or disagree
Zero Gravity
post Jul 16 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #21

Chosen one of Lightning
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 85 007

Thunder Team

It's nothing moral or anything, I just honestly find non-white girls more appealing.
-is white-

I also think white girls are incredibly self centered and stingy and down right unreliable.

-thinks about it- does that make me sexist?

--------------------

[color="#FFFF00"][/color]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jul 16 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #22

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(Excel Saga @ Jul 16 2010, 03:43 AM) *
It's actually bad for humanity for different races to mix. It narrows the gene pool because all the dominant genes from each "race" just crush the recessive ones. Less gene variation means we're less adaptable.

People won't listen though. Most of the time if I say something like that I just get called a racist.

QUOTE(Reyo @ Jul 14 2010, 04:50 PM) *
This sounds like such a silly topic to argue over. It's not that you did anything wrong SheJ, but because anyone against the notion will be using the same arguments that are against gay marriage, either religious, or spawned from uneducated hatred.

It's a proven, biological fact that children from interracial "relations" tend to have a better chance at surviving than children of "pure relations". It's a matter of the immunities. African Americans tend to suffer from cycle cell anemia while Caucasian tend to suffer from cystic fibrosis, yet both of those conditions hold a resistance to both malaria and typhoid fever respectively for the individual who holds the gene. Since the gene for both conditions are incompletely dominant, a child of an African American with cycle cell and a Caucasian with cystic fibrosis will have both conditions, but will only be at half the severity as someone with full blown cycle cell or cystic fibrosis. What's more is that the immunity to typhoid fever and malaria are both just as real.

Besides, the last sentance of your first paragraph conflicts with the rest of your comment. You say that gene variation is a good thing, yet the very first thing you say that that it's dangerous to mix races...wouldn't mixing the races create MORE variations with each individual?

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Top Typhlosion
post Jul 16 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #23

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 051

Active Squad

I agree with Reyo, you sort of contradict yourself.
Nobody will call you racist, this is a forum where we can debate productively and be respectful to one another's different views and arguments.

--------------------
Top Typhlosion
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Jul 16 2010, 03:00 PM
Post #24

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

Honestly, we're not in the time where it was taboo to date a black man or woman anymore. I see absolutely no problem with dating outside your race or finding a member of another race attractive. And what Reyo said only further justifies it.

I know plenty people who are in interracial relationships but are plenty happy and get lots of love and support, and I can guarantee that a portion of that love and support is definitely coming from me.

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

ravenbird
post Jul 17 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #25

RavenBird
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 836

Some of my faves

My next door neighbors are a mixed-race couple: She's as white as a sheet with blondey-blonde hair and he's one of the darkest people I've ever seen, and they both are some of the nicest people I've ever met and so are their kids. also, the couple who won 'cutest couple' in my school this year were mixed race, and so were MY personal favorite couple (first one white/latino, second asian/african american) So personally i dont see how people can argue against it.

--------------------

These R my babies.... Gotta luv em.

Ash: "Wow, imagine Brock, married!"
Misty: "You and I will be married someday, too."
Ash: "Mmm-hmm...... WHAAAA?!!?
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Jul 17 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #26

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

QUOTE(ravenbird @ Jul 17 2010, 10:23 PM) *
My next door neighbors are a mixed-race couple: She's as white as a sheet with blondey-blonde hair and he's one of the darkest people I've ever seen, and they both are some of the nicest people I've ever met and so are their kids. also, the couple who won 'cutest couple' in my school this year were mixed race, and so were MY personal favorite couple (first one white/latino, second asian/african american) So personally i dont see how people can argue against it.

I have interracial-coupled neighbors too. One grew up in Peru and the other one's lived here in Ohio his whole life.
Very polite people, and I've been friends with their two sons pretty much since the day I moved into my current house.

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

SheJ
post Jul 18 2010, 12:04 AM
Post #27

Star Wars Fan Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 079

Mah babies

Sadly, there are people out there against it. They believe each race should stick to being with one another. My grandmother is one of those people. She won't even acknowledge that I am with my boyfriend. She says we're not a couple at all. It upsets me to no end she won't treat him like she did my other boyfriends who were white. He's the same as they are on the inside. He's also a wonderful human being who cares deeply for me and my mother. He loves me and wants to take care of me for the rest of my life. I just wish my grandmother would see how great he is.

--------------------

Base made by an artist on DA.

Hey guess what, your mom is a shellder.
~ my quote

End of an Empire - A Star Wars RP forum
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Jul 20 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #28

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

Personally I don't see an issue and I'm Asian. By mixing genes to to speak you're adding more variety into the gene pool. In a lot of cases mixed relations tends to have children that have better genetic odds than their parents/ancestors. Sure my mother doesn't like the idea but she can go kick the can for all I care. Her family's somewhat inbred anyhow. Huzzah for ex-nobility.

This is a time and age where people of all races and ideas can communicate with each other. One race isn't superior to the other or whatnot. Each has their own genetic strengths and weaknesses. From a biological standpoint humanity can prosper from mixed relations. The children get all the strengths and nullify the weaknesses. It's a win win situation for the most part.

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kookie Monster
post Jul 21 2010, 11:16 AM
Post #29

Stalking like a Weeping Angel
Group Icon

Member No.: 889

COOKIE Team

There's nothing wrong with this. It's usually only the older generation which doesn't like it when you date or marry out of your race. There's someone out there for everyone, that doesn't mean they have to be the same color and race. As long as people find real love, it doesnt matter what color is the person they marry or date, what matters is the bond between them.

--------------------

IRC NICKS: Fudge, Kookie, Adam West, RedIce

+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Jul 21 2010, 08:22 PM
Post #30

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

What's there to disagree with?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sarean
post Jul 22 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #31

BLUH.
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 607

Dream Team

No you should only be with people who look like you because it's completely bad and wrong to be next to different people because it looks weird and makes people uncomfortable.

[/sarcasm]

I love how the Communication Era is all ass-hurt that people of different races are...*gasp* COMMUNICATING.

--------------------

Current obsession- Spiral Knights
+Quote Post

Xal
post Jul 23 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #32

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 113

PANE Party

QUOTE(Excel Saga @ Jul 16 2010, 08:43 AM) *
It's actually bad for humanity for different races to mix. It narrows the gene pool because all the dominant genes from each "race" just crush the recessive ones. Less gene variation means we're less adaptable.

People won't listen though. Most of the time if I say something like that I just get called a racist.

Dominant alleles don't 'crush' recessive ones, they don't even prevent recessive alleles from being passed on. Dominance only affects whether the characteristic an allele codes for is expressed or not. It doesn't reduce gene variation at all, and even if it did I don't see much reason why that would be a problem. Characteristics from dominant alleles are generally more advantageous than characteristics from recessive ones. As well as that dominant and recessive alleles are both different versions of the same gene, so adaptability wouldn't be affected even if they did 'crush' each other. It's not as if chunks of DNA would be lost leaving nothing to code for that characteristic.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bora
post Jul 24 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #33

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 010

Active Squad

I find people that are my race more attractive then out-of-race people. oh.gif
But yeah, I really admire people who date people who don't have the same skin color.
It might be hard for both said to adjust to their different cultures...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Bug Catcher Jax
post Jul 25 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #34

Alolan Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 107

Active Squad

Um... race is just a made-up set of "ideals" by those who had power a few hundred years ago.

Scientifically speaking, we all came from brown-skinned Africans. If Jesus Christ was real he would have had brown skin (hello Middle East?).

One of my uncles, who is Icelandic, has a Japanese wife and they have the cutest babies!

So yeah, if you can't tell, I support same-sex marriage and relationships. (Even though, unfortunately, most places I've lived are 98% white.)

--------------------

+Quote Post

JOSEPH1103
post Jul 25 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #35

ICE BREATHER
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 806

JXM TEAM

to me it okay if a person is hispanic that goes out with a white like me

--------------------

this is my signature so you cant take it and please people take care of my pokemon
+Quote Post

PATD
post Jul 27 2010, 06:58 PM
Post #36

I'm the new cancer, never looked better, you can't stand
Group Icon

Member No.: 106 848

My Amazing H.G. Team

I'm fine with any races dating any races they want to. In fact, it makes me very happy seeing people of different races happy and being in love together, it makes me feel like there is less racism in the world. cat.gif I despise racism.

--------------------

Have some composure, where is your posture?
+Quote Post

S3iKun
post Jul 28 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #37

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 063

Active Squad

There is no such thing as human "races".
We're all the same race, just with different qualities.
And we do all come from (not from Adam and Eve but) the native humans of Africa, and from there we have emigrated and changed depending on were we live.
We're made from the same shape, but colored and dented differently because of ours ancestors' surroundings.

Therefore, you can't possibly be dating a human of a different race. In case there not a Homo Sapiens Sapiens. And that seems very unlikely in my eyes.
And because of that is the argument against dating over the Human races invalid.

This post has been edited by S3iKun: Jul 28 2010, 02:18 PM

--------------------

Click please? eyes.gif You know you want to! Come on, what are you waiting for? It's sooo simple, just click them and warm them clap.gif
I'll always click you back if I'm home^^

GENERATION 22: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. This is a Social experiment.
+Quote Post

Blastoise
post Jul 29 2010, 04:02 PM
Post #38

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 041

Best animations

I really dont find anything wrong with it, and thats something, coming from someone who has deep opinions about stuff.

--------------------

(Nope, I'm not getting rid of that broken image. RIP, vDex. -_-2.gif )
+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Aug 28 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #39

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

I really see no problem with it. I mean we're all people right?
+Quote Post

Pokii
post Sep 28 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #40

Adorable Demonic Pinecone
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 2 319

ORAS Team

My parents flat out told me they're against it, but I (presumably like most people now) don't have a problem with it. I think it's what someone said earlier about older generations being more against it, because something like it was less common and acceptable back then.

--------------------
| | | | |

Make me an avatar!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:10 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.