Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Black and White: Rise of Monsters (sign-ups), The race to save monsters from erasure from the planet has begun.
Zincspider
post Aug 4 2009, 09:25 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 53 774

Active Squad

Black and White

rise of monsters

For years, we humans have watched monster movies. We have been scared from a range of "Eh, not bloody enough", to "I need another pair of pants". Of coure the greatest era of these films, was the black and white monster flicks. Creatures of myth, and of the night, thrashing around, making there presence known, and trying to become normal again. Little do we know, these monsters are real... very real...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Whom it May Concern
I am in need of your serivce. I will not define you by name, seeing as this letter is to be duplicatied, and sent to all recipentents in need of it. Before I get to the bare bones of my reqeust, I need to make sure you know our current situation as monsters.
---------------------
*Excerpt from "Bariticus's Guide to Monsters, for Humans and Dumb Monsters*

"The Earth in not comprised solely of humans, they are just providers for other beings out there...

From the begining of recorded time, there has been tales of fanastical beasts, and monstrous demons. The manticore, the vampire, the merman. All examples of anceint lore. But what brought about the starts of these stories? Surely it must be the misinterpretation of man, but no, it is due to the monsters diets.

Monsters, against popular belief, do not feed on the flesh of the living, but instead, the fear and respect of other creatures(special exempt for vampires, seeing as they are undead that need blood to keep their body intact). They would terrorize villages, kidnap damsels, and even on rare occasions present themselves as gods. The attention gained by these acts gained nutrition from the ,weak minded, primitive humans for centuries. But soon, humans got smarter, and began ignoring these antics. The word of spectacal humans was worth more than an eye-witness account, and the monsters went into a depression. Many died, and reproductions were scarce. Some species died out completely. The Hundred-Handed ones from Greece died out after the fifteenth century, as did most huge monsters. But it was not to last too long. A book was written, bringing back the era of monsters. "Frankenstein" showed the creation of a monster by Dr.Frankenstein, the first man-made monster. The belief in Frankenstien's monster was so great, a whole new breed of monster was born on pure beleif, and imagination. The book rose the awareness of monsters once again, and brought nurishment to the monsters once again. But, this period, was also not to last.

Not long after the recovery, monsters receaded back into the minds of humans, not coming back out for years, and years. Until the 19 hundreds, when television was invented. Directors from all over the world were looking for good ideas for movies, and they stumbled across some of the remaining tales of monsters. The tales were roduced into movies, bringing the monster population back in a flash. It was the biggest jump in hundreds of years. These were the glory days, of black and white movies, dipicting there beings of myth. But soon, the glory days of monsters passed, as marketing took over. Myth, and fact were pushed aside for profit, and franchise. This led to a great uprising in man-made monsters. The beleif in these creatures by the public brought them into existance, and it wasn't a good thing. These franchise monsters had no soul, no means for their evil, and no regard for other monsters. They look for, and destroy the competion, meaning all monsters that weren't cold blooded killers."
-------------------------
The Goul Guild, the supreme ruling court of monsters, has decided to recruit a squad of the best monsters remaining from the glory days to seek out and destroy the imposters... and hopfully restore the belief in monsters to humans in the mean time.

You are one of the monsters chosen to come to the meeting. You will be divided into teams, and sent on your missions by me.

Signed-
Bariticus, the Dullahan.

P.S: If you Are a human reading this, expect to get ripped to shreads by our traking Cerebuses. You are interfering with our mail.
----------------------------

YOUR SIGN-UP REQUIRES!

Name: self explanitory

Species: What kind of monster are you? I do not want any space age things, or alien viruses ect. Do not pick a walking mountian, which means NOTHING HUGE! It's free reign after that. Make one of your own if you like.

Gender:... I don't want to have to say... self explanitory

Apearence:What does it look like? I want a good four lines at least.

Personality: All monsters are individuals, and have distinct personalities. I want a good four lines discirbing yours.

History: I want a small history of your monster species, and your monster's own history. At least four lines. More if you create your own species. I also want how your character joined the Ghoul Guild.

Special Abilities: What makes your species of monster special? What can they do?

RP sample: I need to know how good you are at this, before accepting you. I want a decent sized sample. Try to keep dialouge to a minnimum. Have it from this RP.
----

I will have my sign-up soon. Here are rules:

1: Follow standard Serebii RPG rules

2: I don't want three vampires running around, so the limit for a knd of monster is 2! I will only accept a second of a type if it is REALLY good.

3: I will divide groups my way. It will not be random, but I don't want you asking to be on someone's team.

4: If you have any questions, PM them to me.

5: Remember to use proper grammer, and do your best at spelling

If I give you a warning, and you go and do somthing again... you are out. That means no posting in the RPG anymore, and don't try to get in again.
-----------
Now for your lesson in money.
A monster's currency is a Gratah. After each mission you will return to the Goul Guild, and based on your preformance, be givin a certian amount of Gratah. You can use this to buy healing items (praise in a bottle), or weapons. So preform well! If the mission is TOO easy, you will get less if it was a harder mission also. When I post my first post in the RPG, I will also post what everything cost in the shop.

Now for a preperation speech.
I will try to get a disscusion thread going. No promises, but we could use it for planing. After all, these aren't normal, run of the mill enemies you are facing. You wil need a stratagy, and a plan to get through this alive... because there might be death.
Some of the monsters will even be controled by me, so watch out, and be prepared.

AT EASE SOLDIER!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:34 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.