Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Great, more issues..., Is anyone else having this problem?
hferg81
post Jun 28 2011, 05:56 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 129 504

Active Squad

I just updated Opera a few minutes ago. Now, it won't close the tabs when I click on the pokemon to feed them, it pretty much just freezes on "please wait" and never goes to the second page, where it says feeding them was successful.

Edit: Ok, I think I see what it's doing, but I have NO idea why it's doing it. I'm using my shortcut to choose the berry or pet the egg. When I do, it opens a NEW window, then closes THAT window, but leaves the other one still open! Is ANYONE else having this problem or know how to fix it?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Crestfallen
post Jun 28 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 139 207

Active Squad

QUOTE(hferg81 @ Jun 28 2011, 11:56 PM) *
I just updated Opera a few minutes ago. Now, it won't close the tabs when I click on the pokemon to feed them, it pretty much just freezes on "please wait" and never goes to the second page, where it says feeding them was successful.

Mine sometimes does that. (I use Chrome). Whenever it does I just go on my settings, change it to not closing the page, then change it back to closing it, save it and it usually stops.
The freezing could be because you have too many tabs open, maybe once youve opened the tabs leave it a short while before you continue what you're going.
I open lots of tabs when I'm clicking pokemon, and sometimes mine crashes like that and I get high usage messages popping up haha. Eager clicker :P Maybe open less tabs at a time?

This post has been edited by charl1301: Jun 28 2011, 06:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dalek Omega
post Jun 28 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 497

Active Squad

I'm having this same problem when using my mouse to click the warm/berry buttons. I think it's a setting that we will have to change somewhere in Opera as the new Opera doesn't seem to like the GPX Tab closer.

EDIT: I think I've found the problem. Somewhere there in Opera, it's saying that if you click & hold the control key, the program will open the page in a new tab instead of reusing the old on. Until someone finds a fix for this, I'm downgrading back to 11.11.

This post has been edited by Dalek Omega: Jun 28 2011, 09:27 PM

--------------------
Follow Mo & Zel to my party
+Quote Post

Satty
post Jun 28 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 425

Favorites

I had this issue too, and found a fix to it easily. Easiest way is just to go into your settings and change the hotkey for going to the next tab.

Settings > Preferences > Advanced > Shortcuts > Keyboard Setup (i did the standard) > Edit > Search for shortcut > Change > OK

And it shouldn't open another tab anymore.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jun 29 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Satty @ Jun 29 2011, 06:32 AM) *
I had this issue too, and found a fix to it easily. Easiest way is just to go into your settings and change the hotkey for going to the next tab.

Settings > Preferences > Advanced > Shortcuts > Keyboard Setup (i did the standard) > Edit > Search for shortcut > Change > OK

And it shouldn't open another tab anymore.

This pretty much what I have found out as well. And it would be far more convenient than making ctrl click not open new tabs.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jun 29 2011, 02:19 AM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

Set Z as your makeshift CTRL key (about as close as you're gonna get to the real thing's position, thus making it a little more comfortable in comparison to other keys) in the keyboard shortcuts setting of your browser if you don't mind changing the "Undo" shortcut (use the process shown in Satty's post). Both Shift and CTRL will open background tabs if you click on any link in the newer versions of Opera.
+Quote Post

hferg81
post Jun 29 2011, 09:05 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 129 504

Active Squad

QUOTE(Dalek Omega @ Jun 28 2011, 08:47 PM) *
I'm having this same problem when using my mouse to click the warm/berry buttons. I think it's a setting that we will have to change somewhere in Opera as the new Opera doesn't seem to like the GPX Tab closer.

EDIT: I think I've found the problem. Somewhere there in Opera, it's saying that if you click & hold the control key, the program will open the page in a new tab instead of reusing the old on. Until someone finds a fix for this, I'm downgrading back to 11.11.

you CAN downgrade!? How do you do THAT?
+Quote Post

GiZmo
post Jun 29 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 100 783

Active Squad

QUOTE(hferg81 @ Jun 29 2011, 06:05 PM) *

write "opera ftp" in google

--------------------

~ Shiny ~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dalek Omega
post Jun 29 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 497

Active Squad

QUOTE(hferg81 @ Jun 29 2011, 09:05 AM) *

I still have my 11.11 setup program (I save programs like this to my hard drive as I prefer running them from my computer instead of running them from an server somewhere in cyberspace). Just by re-running that setup program, it overwrote the new files in Opera. One quick re-boot of my computer later & I was back to where I started.

I might redo the upgrade, but it'll be after I finish the exploration that I'm on currently. I don't need to fix something that's not broken.

--------------------
Follow Mo & Zel to my party
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jun 29 2011, 02:28 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

If you really don't want to fix the problems, and rather downdrade. Here is a lik for you: http://www.opera.com/browser/download/?os=...ws&list=all

--------------------

+Quote Post

demonicvampiregi...
post Jun 29 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 994

Active Squad

Okay I'm having the same issue of tabs not closing. How can I change this? I tried to follow what was said on here and I can't find it. I use ctrl + ; to do it. Can someone tell me exactly how to fix it so it doesn't open up the tabs for me once again?

This post has been edited by demonicvampiregirl: Jun 29 2011, 04:29 PM

--------------------
Mine:

My Friends:

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jun 29 2011, 04:34 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

QUOTE(demonicvampiregirl @ Jun 29 2011, 11:25 PM) *
Okay I'm having the same issue of tabs not closing. How can I change this? I tried to follow what was said on here and I can't find it. I use ctrl + ; to do it. Can someone tell me exactly how to fix it so it doesn't open up the tabs for me once again?

The problem is that you use ctrl at all. Instead of a 2 key combination, try using only 1 button to change tabs.

--------------------

+Quote Post

demonicvampiregi...
post Jun 29 2011, 04:38 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

irritated.gif Well this makes using ctrl + ; out yippy >.> I don't know how to change it and guess I'm stuck doing it the hard way.

Great I can't even use ctrl + tab and use the mouse or it opens up new tabs irritated.gif Opera you fail now.

Or it does work if I don't hold ctrl down the whole freaking time >.>

This post has been edited by demonicvampiregirl: Jun 29 2011, 04:49 PM

--------------------
Mine:

My Friends:

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Jun 29 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Totally...useless

describing image about settings (click to show)

You double click a keyboard setup, good idea a duplicate it first as a backup. Then you find the setting I highlighted. Double click that, and replace "ctrl + tab" with a key, like I use z.

This post has been edited by Tyranisaur: Jun 29 2011, 05:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

demonicvampiregi...
post Jun 29 2011, 04:53 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Okay I made a duplicate named it Opera Standard (Edited Version) clicked okay then found the cycling option you have highlighted and changed it to Z as well gonna give it a shot now see if it works. If you delete the edited version will it just go back to how it was previously or do you have to select it yourself?

Waaaaaaaaah I still can't use ctrl + ; irritated.gif crap. It wont even work with shift :/ I guess you have to use the mouse now.

Oh well at least I can tap through them again. Thanks a lot ^_^.gif

This post has been edited by demonicvampiregirl: Jun 29 2011, 04:56 PM

--------------------
Mine:

My Friends:

+Quote Post

GiZmo
post Jun 29 2011, 04:56 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 100 783

Active Squad

2Tyranisaur
plz, use spoiler wink.gif

--------------------

~ Shiny ~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Special K
post Jun 29 2011, 09:36 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

QUOTE(demonicvampiregirl @ Jun 29 2011, 05:53 PM) *
Okay I made a duplicate named it Opera Standard (Edited Version) clicked okay then found the cycling option you have highlighted and changed it to Z as well gonna give it a shot now see if it works. If you delete the edited version will it just go back to how it was previously or do you have to select it yourself?

Waaaaaaaaah I still can't use ctrl + ; irritated.gif crap. It wont even work with shift :/ I guess you have to use the mouse now.

You're right, you can't use ctrl + ;, because I thought they said many times that you can't use ctrl, because clicking a link while holding ctrl opens the link up in a new tab now. Which is why you were going to set it to Z xD the point wasn't to change it to Z then still use ctrl + ; or ctrl + tab... it was so you could use Z instead xD i'm not sure how that affects whether or not you have to use the mouse, if you were using hotkeys, can't you still use them? but just use Z instead of ctrl ; ? try using that and still using your hotkeys, as long as you're not holding ctrl I don't see why you should HAVE to use the mouse....
+Quote Post

demonicvampiregi...
post Jun 29 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Kristastic @ Jun 29 2011, 10:36 PM) *
QUOTE(demonicvampiregirl @ Jun 29 2011, 05:53 PM) *

You're right, you can't use ctrl + ;, because I thought they said many times that you can't use ctrl, because clicking a link while holding ctrl opens the link up in a new tab now. Which is why you were going to set it to Z xD the point wasn't to change it to Z then still use ctrl + ; or ctrl + tab... it was so you could use Z instead xD i'm not sure how that affects whether or not you have to use the mouse, if you were using hotkeys, can't you still use them? but just use Z instead of ctrl ; ? try using that and still using your hotkeys, as long as you're not holding ctrl I don't see why you should HAVE to use the mouse....

Cuz when i press Z it still tabs THROUGH them. I can use Z + ; cuz it tabs THROUGH the pages doesn't click or anything. The hotkeys I had set up on here was ctrl + ; and now it don't work due to ctrl not being able to be used. I can't use hotkeys for clicking anymore cuz mine was using CTRL which is now out due to the new update thanks to Opera. Z is to TAB through them not use as a substitute for ctrl.

--------------------
Mine:

My Friends:

+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Jun 30 2011, 01:08 AM
Post #19

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

QUOTE(demonicvampiregirl @ Jun 29 2011, 08:54 PM) *
Cuz when i press Z it still tabs THROUGH them. I can use Z + ; cuz it tabs THROUGH the pages doesn't click or anything. The hotkeys I had set up on here was ctrl + ; and now it don't work due to ctrl not being able to be used. I can't use hotkeys for clicking anymore cuz mine was using CTRL which is now out due to the new update thanks to Opera. Z is to TAB through them not use as a substitute for ctrl.

Why not just use shift, then? If you really want to hold down an extra button...

--------------------
+Quote Post

demonicvampiregi...
post Jun 30 2011, 02:21 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I tried it don't work. I tried twice and it just don't work with the one I have set and even set it to another one.

--------------------
Mine:

My Friends:

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 01:07 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.