Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which came first?, Arceus or mew?
Chu Chu
post Jan 3 2010, 01:43 PM
Post #61

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 76 449

Active Squad

ok heres what i think. mew created every pokemon including arceus and excluding the dragon trio. arceus created the universe and the dragon trio. so basicaly mew created a pokemon that created some pokemon... if you get wat i mean
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Chu Chu
post Jan 3 2010, 01:43 PM
Post #62

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

ok heres what i think. mew created every pokemon including arceus and excluding the dragon trio. arceus created the universe and the dragon trio. so basicaly mew created a pokemon that created some pokemon... if you get wat i mean edit: snap. double post. ignore this completley

This post has been edited by Chu Chu: Jan 3 2010, 01:44 PM
+Quote Post

LiteSpeed
post Jan 8 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #63

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 39 978

hue

Mew.For gods sake Arceus cant even learn an attack having to do with hands yet he somehow made the universe with his 1000 hands?Mew handed down certain moves to certain pokemon and arceus was made by mew first.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Senri825
post Jan 9 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #64

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 092

My Team!

Well for me I think that it could be possible that Arceus and Mew were born at the same time. That feels like the fastest answer since we really have no idea who came first. And since they were the only two beings existing they both created the rest of the world together but Arceus using tons of his energy must have gone to a deep sleep while Mew continues to watch over the pokemon world.

--------------------
Please click on them!

----

What pokemon am I? (click to show)

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Synchronise
post Jan 9 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #65

[PAPER INTENSIFIES]
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 425

Fithos Team Delta

I tend to think that both Mew and Arceus exist in separate schools of thought. Mew exists in the evolutionary school of thought, where science is a bit more held as true, and Mew's cells were used to form every single Pokemon after that. Conversely, Arceus and his appendages (that would be Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina) are in the creationism school of thought, where Arceus formed space and time, as well as their antitheses, and created guardians to watch over them and give them further form. In Mew's school, Arceus couldn't have existed before Mew, as Mew is the origin of all species. In Arceus's school, Mew couldn't have existed before Arceus, because there was literally nothing before time-space began to exist, in its four dimensions.

I actually don't think that the legendaries from DPPt are in the same sort of Pokemon. Besides, Mew can't learn EVERY move, just every Technical Machine and Hidden Machine. She still has a set list of moves, and I think perhaps it's her cells that give Pokemon the ability to learn these extra moves. I just get this feeling that Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina just aren't "Pokemon" in the traditional sense.

--------------------
+Quote Post

alex554
post Jan 9 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #66

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 171

Active Squad

mew because it was made 1st

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rocky Raccoon
post Jan 12 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #67

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 284

My Team

Mew because its number 151, and Arceus is number 493, i think, I hate the fourth generation pokemon.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eniguma
post Jan 16 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #68

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 963

My Soulsilver Crew

Well, Mew is said to be the ancestor pokémon, whereas Arceus is said to be the creator. This seems like the god-evolution debate. I believe that Arceus came first, creating the universe. I think that Mew may have been the first species that Arceus made, seeing as how they nearly died out.
+Quote Post

MrFuckUp
post Jan 24 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #69

breathe
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 019

team rocket

Mew was the first manmade pokemon. Therefore, Arceus is the first pokemon to truly exist.

srsfacts.gif

--------------------
"something will go here"

+Quote Post

Zaloog
post Jan 24 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #70

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 81 267

Active Squad

Alright I believe Arceus came first and then we have a sort of Greek idea of creation come into play.

Arceus came first and created the world with in a void. When the world came to be so did Mew. Then through Mew and Arceus you get Dialga and Palkia. Dialga and Palkia then create time and space where Arceus places the world. Then on from himself Arceus creates the Lake Trio who give the planet life. Then naturally with the creation of Life Death is born in the form of Giratina. While Mew at this time makes Ditto. Now Giratina being the opposing forces to the Lake trio is constaly antagonizing them until Dialga and Palkia step creating the Reverse world and giving it to Giratina to rule which would explain why in the movie the Reverse world is empty it's ruled by the personification of death. After creating the lake trio from himself Arceus falls into his slumber deep with in the planet. When the Life created by the trio comes in contact with the sleeping Arceus the elements take form. This in turns creates Groudon, Kyogure, the Regias, etc. It doesn't take long for Groudon and Kyogure begin duking it out which shapes most of the world as it is now. Now before Rayquaza comes between the two. The Trio trying to keep hope alive fearing Groudon and Kyogure are becoming a to much of a problem and will eventually ruin everything get help from Palkia to make the Flower Paradise outside of the normal flow of time so that Groudon and Kyogure can't touch it. The creation of paradise and combination of the Trio and Palkia's powers creates Shaymin and Celibi, which explains Celibi's time powers. Now Mew and Ditto at this time have mated a couple times which because of Ditto's DNA and Mew being one of the first can never result in the creation of a second Mew or Ditto instead random sequences occur in the child's DNA creating the early non Legandary Pokemon, and because Mew made Ditto Mew is the Ancestor of most Pokemon.

That's my Theory.

--------------------
Have a Heart and Help us Hatch

+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Jan 25 2010, 02:11 AM
Post #71

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 571

Six Survivors

QUOTE(Marcus Felding @ Jan 24 2010, 08:48 AM) *
Mew was the first manmade pokemon. Therefore, Arceus is the first pokemon to truly exist.

srsfacts.gif

Actually that was Mewtwo. wink.gif

--------------------
Hella.

Click the dancing Maxwell to visit my art thread.

+Quote Post

Mr G
post Feb 9 2010, 07:53 PM
Post #72

guy standing in middle of traffic
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 473

Dream Party

mew.gif should of come first because all pokemon DNA came from mew.gif,but arceus.gif is the head pokemon as described in its pokedex information.So its still a mystery.

--------------------
Life tip:listen to Monster by Skillet.

Click please.

Made byAllegro
+Quote Post

Chu Chu
post Feb 21 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #73

Elite Four
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(dark thunder @ May 6 2009, 07:29 PM) *
and mew was made before arcesu(mew was made in the first gen. arceus was made in the 4th gen.)

i say mew since you dont necasarilly have to have a universe to exist(or atleast mew doesnt)

ps: why is this named "which came first, arcues or shaymin apparently it should be mew

the generation they came out in has nothing to do with who came first. the pokedex order is just who was discovered first which is y mewtwo is before mew. however i do agree mew was first. heres my theory: mew created arceus. arceus made dialga who made time, palkia who made space, and giritina who made and according to the pokedex was banished to the reverse world. arceus also created a universe where mew created all the other pokemon. then regigigas pulled the continents in place kyogre made oceans ect. but that leaves me with one question. who made mew? or (for those who disagree) the first pokemon. did it just appear? o.o
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Feb 21 2010, 11:37 PM
Post #74

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Six Survivors

QUOTE(Chu Chu @ Feb 21 2010, 08:26 PM) *
QUOTE(dark thunder @ May 6 2009, 07:29 PM) *
and mew was made before arcesu(mew was made in the first gen. arceus was made in the 4th gen.)

i say mew since you dont necasarilly have to have a universe to exist(or atleast mew doesnt)

ps: why is this named "which came first, arcues or shaymin apparently it should be mew

the generation they came out in has nothing to do with who came first. the pokedex order is just who was discovered first which is y mewtwo is before mew. however i do agree mew was first. heres my theory: mew created arceus. arceus made dialga who made time, palkia who made space, and giritina who made and according to the pokedex was banished to the reverse world. arceus also created a universe where mew created all the other pokemon. then regigigas pulled the continents in place kyogre made oceans ect. but that leaves me with one question. who made mew? or (for those who disagree) the first pokemon. did it just appear? o.o

...which makes no sense since they cloned Mewtwo from Mew. Technically, they'd have to know about Mew to make Mewtwo!

--------------------
Hella.

+Quote Post

Unskilled78
post Feb 24 2010, 01:35 AM
Post #75

Cynical Old Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 990

Active Squad

I think that the pokedex is the collation of legends, myths, heresay, and the rough analysis of tween-aged children. Arceus is not the deity responsible for creating the world, Diaglia and Palkia do not control time and space, and Mew [/i]does not[/i] contain the DNA of every single species of pokemon, any more than, say, Twilight is an ideal romance to emulate. Goodness, the Pokemon world itself makes no sense. They have working matter-to-data (& storage space for an entire organism) technology in a device that is about the size of a baseball. I'm pretty sure that violates the 1 bit/molecule that is the hypothetical limit of nanotechnology. The pokemon world has no visible infastructure. No supermarkets, no giant vats of "Soylent Green", no real agriculture. It's like a movie set. There is no real depth to the buildings.

--------------------
Please forgive spelling errors. It's always 3 AM somewhere.

Yes, I did just post to get Pokemon views. What of it?
Unskilled78: a proud breeder of the rare Dracowymsy.
+Quote Post

Xal
post Feb 24 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #76

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 113

PANE Party

QUOTE(Unskilled78 @ Feb 24 2010, 06:35 AM) *
I think that the pokedex is the collation of legends, myths, heresay, and the rough analysis of tween-aged children. Arceus is not the deity responsible for creating the world, Diaglia and Palkia do not control time and space, and Mew [/i]does not[/i] contain the DNA of every single species of pokemon, any more than, say, Twilight is an ideal romance to emulate. Goodness, the Pokemon world itself makes no sense. They have working matter-to-data (& storage space for an entire organism) technology in a device that is about the size of a baseball. I'm pretty sure that violates the 1 bit/molecule that is the hypothetical limit of nanotechnology. The pokemon world has no visible infastructure. No supermarkets, no giant vats of "Soylent Green", no real agriculture. It's like a movie set. There is no real depth to the buildings.

Cool story, bro.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Feb 24 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #77

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Six Survivors

QUOTE(Unskilled78 @ Feb 23 2010, 10:35 PM) *

I'm pretty sure Destiny Deoxys showed infrastructure.

--------------------
Hella.

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Feb 24 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #78

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

I'm probably more inclined to say Mew... And i'm leaning more towards Zaloog's train of thought because it seems the most logical.

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
+Quote Post

Souizen
post Feb 24 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #79

No suck ups, cash only.
Group Icon

Member No.: 78 147

Wish Upon a Star

I bet arceus exsited before mew because on my diamond the arceus summary says "ARCEUS shaped the universe with it's 100 arms" or something like that. I know that mew was made first on the TV shows before arceus was mew.gif vs. arceus.gif 8D

This post has been edited by AnimeEVIL: Feb 24 2010, 05:50 PM

--------------------

Special thanks to Redgritz for the signature.
+Quote Post

Movie Theater
post Feb 24 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #80

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 82 573

Active Squad

Mew, cause she created arceus and gave arceus the power to create pokemon. Then they created all the pokemon together.(Arceus is why new pokemon keep appearing, and mew doesn't like it)

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:43 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.