Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Evolutions, Different discussions about evolution.
Vibrancy
post Apr 13 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #1

Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 6 512

Active Squad

So, just a couple points and questions I had for you guys about your feelings on evolution.
  • What are your favorite Pokemon evolutions?
  • Are there any Pokemon that you never evolve?
  • What are your feelings about pre and post evolutions that were added more recently to new gens of Pokemon?

I personally hate not letting my Pokemon evolve because I almost feel bad doing that, but I refuse to evolve my Dragonairs into Dragonites. I hate Dragonites. I like some of the pre-evolutions (like Pichu and such) but dislike some of the other ones. As for all the new post-evolutions, I really, REALLY dislike ones that they added onto Pokemon that never evolved. Like Magmar have Magmortar or whatever the thing is, and Rhydon having that new one. (I know Rhydon evolves from Rhyhorn, but I don't think Magmar had a pre-evolution, at least not originally.)

So, any thoughts from you guys?

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Daphkipz
post Apr 13 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #2

The KIP to your MUD
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 10 671

MY CLAIMED POKEMON :

My favorite evolution is Gardevoir.

I will never evolve my mudkip.

I think most of the new evolutions for old pokemon are pretty cool. Like Magnemites final evolution is pretty cool.

--------------------

Help me hatch my eggies please. I will quickly return the favor! (:

As you can see, I'm quite fond of mudkips. <3

+Quote Post

Kaname Madoka
post Apr 13 2009, 05:56 PM
Post #3

housewife extraordinaire!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 542

Team HG

It depends on the Pokemon, really. I think Piplup is adorable, but I don't like it's evolved forms that much, so I usually keep one in it's baby form. I like most of the pre-evolutions, but a lot of the ..Er..After evolutions (Magmortar, ect) look stupid to me.
+Quote Post

Prof Nexus
post Apr 14 2009, 02:02 AM
Post #4

They call me... The PHANTOM RENEGADE.
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 365

Active Squad

My favorite evolution is Quagsire.
I'll never evolve Mime Jr, just because I like it so much more than Mr Mime.
As for pre-evos, I don't mind some of them. I like Cleffa, Azurill, Mime Jr, and Munchlax. Most of th eothers I could do without. Post-evos, I didn't really like any of them, but I did like some of the alternate evos, like Gallade and Froslass.

--------------------
+Quote Post

SonicThrust
post Apr 14 2009, 03:32 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 047

Active Squad

I don't really have a favourite evolution. I generally evolve my pokémon whenever possible since it powers them up. There are obviously pokémon I hold off on evolving (like Growlithe or Pikachu), but that's because they stop learning attacks if they evolve.

I sort of have a split opinion on most pre-evolution/baby pokemon. I think a lot of them are really cute and the concept is interesting, but when trying to train a pokémon or team starting with baby pokémon can be really annoying. I really don't like having to evolve by friendship since it takes quite a bit of time and effort and that is how most of them evolve.

Post-evolutions are once again spit for me. A lot of them seem rather forced to me, like some of the pokemon really shouldn't evolve, but now do anyway. On the other hand I think some of them are really cool (like Probopass happy.gif) but that's just a personal opinion. My main annoyance with many of the new post-evolutions is the way they evolve.

There have been way too many items and different ways to evolve these pokémon. New stones and items keep being invented to evolve one or two pokémon and I thinks it is a bit annoying. I feel like a process that should be simple is being overly complicated, but, once again, this is just my opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post

charizard100
post Apr 14 2009, 06:23 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 326

My Pokemon Party

I think pichu's a cool pokemon because it evolves into pikachu. Well i really think that Pikachu is soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute:chinchou:
+Quote Post

charizard100
post Apr 14 2009, 06:26 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Pokemon Party

Warm my eggs so they can grow.....
+Quote Post

charizard100
post Apr 14 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Pokemon Party

It would be really cool if qwilfish had a evelution like it might evolve into qwilking or qwalfish.
+Quote Post

Tsum
post Apr 14 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 215

Favorite Pokemon

Seeing as how Pokemon is more or less a battling monster collecting RPG with extra gameplay things on the side, it more than makes sense for the Pokemon to constantly be evolving to raise stats and such. Pre-evolutions more often than not are less necessary than an evolution may be. For example, the only thing Mr. Mime obtains from gaining a pre-evolution is the ability to use Charm, Tickle and Healing Wish. Other than that, if you intend on actually battling and winning most of the time, there is really no use for Mime Jr. other than to appeal to those that enjoy 'cute' things. Magmar on the other hand, sacrifices a small bit of its base speed to gain a decent boost to its other stats. It also gains the ability to use Thunderbolt and Solarbeam (on its Water, Ground, Rock weaknesses), the physical moves Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Earthquake (perhaps for less physically defensive monsters) as well as the moves Taunt and Torment, to discourage enemies from being too passive or too repetitive.

- My personal favorite evolutions would have to be the Magmortar, Tangrowth, and Electivire among others as they greatly help boost their respective pre-evolutions quite a bit, with Tangrowth actually allowing a Tangela to be raised without worrying of it being left on the wayside, unlike my favorites such as Farfetch'd, Qwilfish, or Chatot (who all need decent evolutions, dang it!).

- I've never kept a Pokemon in its unevolved form unless I don't use them, or intend to use it in something like the Little Cup (which requires younger, just hatched Pokemon).

- As I mentioned before, I love new evolutions that help boost a Pokemon's abilities. I dislike Pokemon that are only added for 'cuteness' however, especially those that add NOTHING new to its evolution. (Mantyke, I'm looking at you)
+Quote Post

Ushay
post Apr 29 2009, 04:43 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 251

Active Squad

Let's see. I'm actually a fan of the 4th gen evo's, such as Porygon-Z, Lickilicky, and Tangrowth. I do feel like most pokemon should evolve because it's like maturing. I'm not, however, a fan of Split-Evolutions, and I'm not sure why...it just doesn't seem that natural.

--------------------

I Poke Back! =D
+Quote Post

Captain Darth Ja...
post May 4 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #11

Not aware of what's going on.
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 321

My Future Team

I tihnk most of the new evos are for the best. Magmar and Electabuzz, imo, look incredibly stupid. But their evo s are quite good. Frosslass is beautiful. Mamoswine is oddly adorable. Probopass...well, he's actually weird looking, but better than Nosepass.

As for not evolving, I usually train a pokemon to evolve, then breed it to keep the prevo. it's what i plan on doing for Chingling, Cyndaquil, and Riolu

--------------------
Please sir, might you click them?

DON'T CLICK THEM AFTER 11:00 SERVER TIME!
I'm usually not on and probably won't be able to click back.

♫~99.8% of anime fans are obsessing over Naruto. If you are the last few of the clan who can think up three better animes than this, copy and paste this into your signature.
BTW: Soul Eater, Death Note, and Digimon.
+Quote Post

Ezequiel Lavezzi
post Jun 30 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #12

The lone wanderer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 170

The Alpha Squad

My Favorites has to be Feraligator. To be honest i think that some of the new evos look pointless and a bit rubish like magmortar i was never a big fan of magmar but to me magmortar looks even more stupid.

But there are some really good one too and some really stupid ones.

--------------------
"Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?"

+Quote Post

Isfet
post Jul 1 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #13

Total Avatard
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 811

My dream team!

I usually evolve my Pokemon because I want them for my Pokedex (which I am trying to complete without any cheating whatsoever). I think I'll save one of my Dragonair and not evolve it, because Dragonite is kind of stupid and fat compared to Dragonair. Also, some of the middle evolutions are just ugly. Piplup is cute, Empoleon is awesome, but Prinplup just looks weird. Also, Snorunt is cute, Froslass is beautiful, but Glalie...*shudders* kind of creepy.

This post has been edited by Pokemonmaster345: Jul 1 2009, 06:04 PM

--------------------

Part of the Berry Smart group!

+Quote Post

musical
post Jul 7 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #14

moo
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 964

Diamond Roster

i only hold off evolution if it's a pokemon that evolves with the use of a stone. but there are a few exceptions. i never evolve my skitty, nuzleaf, and slowpokes. the only reason woud be for the dex, but then i'd just breed to get the ones i like. Delcatty is pointless and shiftry and slowbro/slowking are ugly.

for new evolutions, i like Tangrowth. it made training my tangela more worthwhile, cause i was expecting something from it. and they're so much better than tangela, it's insane.

electivire is really ugly but it's a good pokemon. i'm using one in my diamond game so i can beat the elite four. A lot of new evolutions are ugly and stupid, like probopass and rhyperior. ugh, what were they thinking?

--------------------

Future White Team

~*~Cochon~*~Scimmia~*~Moelleux~*~Pepo~*~Karta~*~Buibui~*~

SEARCHING FOR SHINY BARBOACH AND SHINY DROWZEE
ONE-CLICKERS: RAICHU IS YOUR TARGET
+Quote Post

IceBlaziken
post Jul 21 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 087

my ultimate squad

QUOTE(FoxKaiya @ Apr 13 2009, 02:48 PM) *
So, just a couple points and questions I had for you guys about your feelings on evolution.
  • What are your favorite Pokemon evolutions?
  • Are there any Pokemon that you never evolve?
  • What are your feelings about pre and post evolutions that were added more recently to new gens of Pokemon?
I personally hate not letting my Pokemon evolve because I almost feel bad doing that, but I refuse to evolve my Dragonairs into Dragonites. I hate Dragonites. I like some of the pre-evolutions (like Pichu and such) but dislike some of the other ones. As for all the new post-evolutions, I really, REALLY dislike ones that they added onto Pokemon that never evolved. Like Magmar have Magmortar or whatever the thing is, and Rhydon having that new one. (I know Rhydon evolves from Rhyhorn, but I don't think Magmar had a pre-evolution, at least not originally.)

So, any thoughts from you guys?

magmar is had a pre evolution the call magby
my favorite pokemon evolution is blaziken
no, i always evolve my pokemon

This post has been edited by IceBlaziken: Jul 21 2009, 10:21 AM

--------------------
Please click on them(I ALWAYS CLICK BACK)

Personality Tests (click to show)

Groups that i'm part of (click to show)

GPX+ Groups (click to show)

Signature (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Stingray
post Oct 5 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 668

???

I'm kinda weird about evolution. I only do it to complete my pokedex but I do like frosslass but glalie makes me cry on the inside.

--------------------
+Quote Post

draconitas
post Oct 6 2009, 05:53 AM
Post #17

Devourer of Oranges
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 753

SKYARAJASK ARMY

I like Gyarados.

In-game, I usually hold off evolution until my Pokemon has learnt whatever moves I want it to - I'd keep my Cyndaquil unevolved until it learnt Eruption at level 49, for example.

--------------------
You can call me niel. <3

Ninja Army: 63 units (click to show)
Groups (click to show)

GOLDEN UNFAIL
IS ME

+Quote Post

intu
post Oct 6 2009, 06:05 AM
Post #18

boom shakalakalaka
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 708

Active Squad

Well.. i love dragonair very much but i'll never evolve it cause dragonite looks like a joke.. *no offesne* but it looks as if it wasn't dragonair's evo.. looks like a huge baby-dragon
also I have a shiny snorunt and I'm not planning to evolve it because.. glalile looks like.. a character escaped of star wars lol.gif

--------------------
** (click to show)

{ }

*~*~intu needs avatars~*~*
+Quote Post

Lord of the Fly ...
post Oct 7 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #19

Time to rip off some faces
Group Icon

Member No.: 42 375

Dont Underestimate...

The new pokemon evolutiosn are so crappy.
They ruined original pokemon
(COUGH RHYDON COUGH YANMA COUGH MAGMAR)
baby pokemon are only needed for a few though
(COUGH KANGASKAUN COUGH)
seriosuly if you hatch a kangaskaun it already has a baby kangaskaun in its pouch.... when was it a baby? Logically it makes no sence
Oh ya dragonite is dumb evolution. OH WE HAVE 2 DRAGON SNAKES...SO LETS MAKE TEH THIRD ONE A FAT LARD.
OH YA IT ALSO IS UBER FAIL AGAINST ICE NOW GG

--------------------
Just kidding is just hurting<----Put this in your sig if u want to stop bullying

CLICKY CLICKY

CLICKY CLICKY

HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THIS BLUE SLIME

Gligar Images (click to show)

MY CLAIMS?! (click to show)

My Fakemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

swiftshadow
post Oct 8 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #20

Disciple of Mormu
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 281

MADNESS I SAY!

I love Gallade and Ampharos... as well as Raichu...
But my favorite is definantley Gallade.

My favorite pokemon without an evolution is Kangaskhan.

My favorite pokemon that has an evolution but I refuse to evolve is Quilava. cat.gif

--------------------

(Click it to visit my GPX profile)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:45 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.