Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
We're all just standing here, Just for Cedric
queenTUT
post Jun 6 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7 662

Soul Sliver

'I wish that this world was a bit simpler, but that is something that I can hope and get hi on.' That was Bradon's thoughts today as he was out on the open streets, and his Mareep was out in front of him due to the fact that she wanted to today. It had been quite the odd day to begin with, from what his parents had said that day, to the fact that Mareep out of all four of them wanted to be the one out in the open.

Indeed, this day was starting off on a very odd note. Braden didn't let it bother him too badly though, he was supposed to see a friend later, and then have the usual dinner plans with his parents. It didn't seem like there was anything out of the ordinary about that.

"So Mareep, you ready for some training a bit later today?" The Mareep responded in its usual fashion, and Braden smiled at that, that meant that she was in a good mood today. Sometimes her timidness would get the best of her. like it did to him when he was a child, and she would refuse to come out of her pokeball. Those were the days that he could only depend on his other three Pokemon, and two of them were always dependable. Starly, however, sometimes decided to be rebellious, and force Braden to use one of the other two.

His phone after that started to ring, and it was a somewhat unexpected interruption in his day. All the same he answered it. "Hello?" It was his friend on the other end, explaining that she had to cancel his plans with her due to a sudden family emergency. Braden asked if he could come along to help her, or do anything for her, and she said no.

Now that was just great, his friend wouldn't let him help, and now he felt pretty much useless. He tried to block out that emotion of uselessness on this street, because this was not the place to show it. These streets would not have mercy on anyone, and it would always remain that way until people were free to do what they desired once again. That was why he was interested in being a part of the rebellion, so people could be free again.

This post has been edited by Tut: Jun 6 2009, 11:19 AM

--------------------
Shiny Plusle and Minun are Awesome!

Groups I am in.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

eforney
post Jun 6 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 142

Cedric's Team

Perched on a rooftop above an empty passage way was a small Murkrow. She sat very complacently, occasionally ruffling or preening her stiff feathers, but mostly looking bored. She was nipping at the down feathers beneath her wing when out of the corner of her bright yellow eyes she saw a yellow creature turn the corner. Seeing it was a Mareep, an electric type Pokémon, she started from her spot, fluttering back onto the roof a few feet. She watched warily for a moment as a male trainer trailed after the Mareep. She determined that they were no threat since she had gone unnoticed above them and took a few hops back to the building's ledge.

She observed the two for a moment; on second glance the Mareep didn't look very frightening at all, but rather gentle and timid. The boy looked like he could do her more harm than his woolly friend. But seeing as neither of them were casting their glances upward, the Murkrow quickly became disinterested. She looked around the sky, thinking of where to go next.

Before she took flight, her interest was just as soon caught as it was lost when the boy's pocket began ringing and he pulled out some sort of communication device. It was hard to tell what it was from the bird's point of view, a cell phone or Pokégear, since the sun was glinting off of it. However, that was the only fact about the device that concerned her.

She sat very still, her yellow eyes glinting like the lightning that would probably come from the Mareep in a few moments. But the Murkrow didn't worry about whether the sheep-like Pokémon would attack--she was planning on being very quick. She adjusted herself on the ledge and waited for just a few more moments.

As soon as the boy hung up the phone, still holding it before it was replaced in his pocket, the magpie-like Pokémon behaved more like a hawk, swooping down from her ledge near-silently and snatching the phone in her talons. She then turned quickly in the air, trying not to focus on the dangerous electric creature near her, and flying quickly down the alleyway.

--------------------
+Quote Post

queenTUT
post Jun 6 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Soul Sliver

"What the..." The boy was shocked that a bird would just go and suddenly snatch something so valuable to him out of his hands. Mareep started to go after the bird and tries to slam it down to the ground. It seems very angry at the bird for trying to take the item away from her trainer. Her fear seemed to have vanished as soon as the petty thief had taken something from them. Which was all the reason she needed.

Braden rushes after his Mareep but trips and fall on a rock, hitting his face. He gets up, part of his face bleeding from hitting the cement. He was not going to give up that easily. He raced down the alley to where Mareep and the Murkow was. He took a deep breath as if to relax himself as the felt the throbbing of the wound on his face.

'This is definitely not my day...' The teenager thought as he got a towel from his bag, and tries to get the dirt off the wound so it wouldn't hurt so badly. The throbbing still continued though, and it seemed like it would to hard to speak, because he would feel pain every time he opened his mouth. All the same, he spoke, feeling the sting of it as a rebellion of sorts. "What'd you that for you filthy bird!" He knew that the bird would not like those word, but he was not afraid of it. After all, he had a bird of his own, and he had an idea of what birds were like anyways. He was sure that this was was a lot similar to the one he was taking care of. That's what he hoped at least.

He wondered if this thing had a trainer or not, if so he would have to bet that the trainer for this Murkrow was not that far off, and he could yell at the trainer instead. The teenager really didn't like when trainers just like their Pokemon go around and take things from other people. Plus, the trainer should have known better than to just let this one out and about because of its natural urge to go after shiny objects. The professor had told him that Murkrow tended to go after shiny objects, more often than not, just because they were in fact shiny objects.

--------------------

Groups I am in.
+Quote Post

eforney
post Jun 6 2009, 11:12 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Cedric's Team

The thieving bird gripped the phone tightly in her claws, now a little bit worried about the Mareep. Krow didn't realize she would be bold enough to come after her, even if she did steal from her trainer. She tried to focus on flying low past objects in the alleyway, hoping her pursuer would bash into something. However, the electric-type was nimble enough to avoid anything she flew past.

Suddenly, the bird let out an awful squawk, nearly dropping the communication device as the Mareep almost pulled her down with a Slam attack. She felt a good amount of feathers get plucked from her tail and immediately flew higher, a little awkwardly now that her tail was not helping her balance much. She decided she would have to find her trainer, who was in a nearby alleyway, instead of flying all the way back to her nest on the rooftop of his apartment in the Port District.

Krow banked around a building and quickly spotted Cedric, her long-time trainer. He was standing next to a wall, carefully watching his young Caterpie climb a wall, training her to be more skillful with her String Shot move. Krow aimed for his waist, hoping to put him between her and the approaching sheep Pokémon. However, just at that moment Cedric decided it was a bit hot, and took his green coat off, letting it fall down his arms behind him.

Cedric spun as his coat was ripped off his arms and stared blankly at whatever had hit him. It registered with him fairly quickly: that Krow had crash-landed into his coat. Before there was time to do much else, he realized that Krow had been followed by a determined looking Mareep.

Cedric quickly put himself between the heap of coat and feathers that was his older friend, not sure of what she had done, but not about to let her get shocked out of her mind. His hand hovered over his belt where two Pokéballs were clipped--each containing a ground Pokémon, but his voice and face were fairly calm as he tried to speak with the angered follower.

"Hey there, little Mareep. Did my mean Murkrow do something to you? She's a pretty naughty bird, but I'll make it up to you okay? You just leave her alone and tell me how I can help you calm down alright?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

queenTUT
post Jun 6 2009, 11:38 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Soul Sliver

Of course, Mareep was not too happy that this Murkrow had stolen from the very person that had raised her from the moment she was a little tiny thing, to now. But, she didn't want to start a big huge fight over her trainer's communication device. She just waited there, knowing that it would not take too long until Braden came from behind her, and told this trainer that he was not happy about his device being stolen by his bird. That was usually what her trainer did anyways in situations like that.

Braden indeed came racing there, and let himself regain his breath before taking a look around, one side of his face still looked horrible from the fact that he had landed on the cement, and his in-fashion shirt was now stained with the blood from his face. Which, of course, the wound just had stopped bleeding. He other than the lovely wound that he had gained, looked very much like Cedric, and it was stunning how much they looked alike. "Why did your bird steal my Poketech from me... I was just using it's new system to talk to somebody by having it by my ear..."

The boy seemed to be annoyed by the fact that someone could not just keep a Pokemon like that by them so they wouldn't get causing scenes like that all the time. If they knew that they were going to cause problems, they just shouldn't let them out. There was also the fact that he had studied a bit with the professor. "I am sorry about my Mareep... she is actually really timid... she just knows that I need that..." He knew that honesty was the best way to go here.

"I guess you might as well know my name. My name is Braden, but people sometimes call me Bray, and I don't mind that at all." There was no other way that he could think of to make this nay less awkward. It felt like the worst situation to be in for the both of them. Brand himself wanted his Poketech back, and the other trainer had to deal with the fact that their Pokemon had indeed stolen his Poketech, and had to fidn it and give it back. That was never a situation that Braden would call desirable at all.

--------------------

Groups I am in.
+Quote Post

eforney
post Jun 7 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Cedric's Team

Cedric saw that the Mareep had no intention of attacking and moved his hand away from his belt. He was still a bit tense though, aware that the sheep seemed to be waiting for something... probably its trainer, he thought.

No sooner did this thought cross his mind then a boy about his age came running around the corner. Cedric stared at him for a good amount of time, at first rather startled by the wound on his face. After seeing that it was no longer actively bleeding, Cedric began to wonder at how similar this boy's appearance was to his own. Brown hair, perhaps a bit shorter and slightly less curly, but the same hue nonetheless. Green eyes as well, and overall a similar stature. He wondered who was taller briefly before finally focusing on what the boy was actually saying.

"Oh! Not at all! Your Mareep is completely fine!" He said this, breaking into a wide grin at the trainer and his companion. He turned toward his own companion, removing the jacket from the bird, who had managed to dizzily get to her feet but was still beneath his coat. He snatched the Pokétch from beside her, and she gave a caw of protestation. He gave her a stern look, noticing how her tail had become shorter and very ragged. He turned back to the pair saying, "I guess she might have nipped Krow's tail feathers, but believe me, she deserved it! She's always nabbing stuff from people, usually shiny objects."

He handed the device to Braden with a sheepish grin. "Sorry again about that. I'm Cedric and this little monster..." as he spoke he held out a fist, equipped with a black fingerless glove so he wouldn't get scratched by the bird's talons. The Murkrow fluttered up to his outstretched arm, surprisingly obedient. "...is Krow. Not a very creative name, but I named her when I was little. I've had her so long, sometimes its tough for me to put her in her Pokéball."

"Ca-Cater!" At his Caterpie's call, Cedric turned back to the wall where she was climbing down. "Oh, nearly forgot. This is my Caterpie, Tulia. She's not nearly as destructive." He allowed Tulia to slowly make her way across the ground and up his leg while he continued to speak. "You've got quite the gash there, Bray. Would you like a bandage and something to wipe it off? I have some first aid stuff in my bag," he said, gesturing to the backpack that was sitting near the wall.

--------------------
+Quote Post

queenTUT
post Jun 7 2009, 12:13 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Soul Sliver

"It's alright..." Braden said as he got the return of his phone. It seemed like this guy didn't mean to have his Pokemon just go around taking other people's stuff. Mareep seemed to have a look of pride on her face that she had done the right thing for her trainer. She was always the kind to take any encouragement that she could get. Which made sense, because otherwise she would be unwilling to do anything at all. Which would have not reflected very well on Braden.

Mareep looked at him, as if she knew who he was thinking about, the one that always caused them problems. Braden's female Starly was a lot like Krow. She loved being rebellious and causing problems for her trainer. "I have a Pokemon that is a trouble maker too... it's a Starly. A female one at that." He seemed to be amused at the thought that the gender ratios had somehow turned out even among his Pokemon that he had gotten so far.

After he said all this, his Starly came out and sat down on his shoulder, The Starly seemed amused by what it had heard, and what had happened, and therefore just stayed where she was. Braden had yet to name them, but he probably would when they got a bit stronger, and got used to him a little bit more. "Starly!" It said in almost a mocking fashion. It never gave in, in showing off its over-blown ego. She starts to clean her feathers a bit to be in tip top shape for that people that were around her.

"The other two are pretty calm." He told the other guy there, and he started to now notice how much they truly looked alike. His hair was just a bit neater than the others, but the hue was the same. There was also the fact that they were right around the same height, and they both looked like they needed just a little bit more time in the sun. He then remembered the numbness that he felt on one side of his face, and heard what Cedric had to say about the wound. "Sure. That would help quite a bit." Braden tried to smile, but it hurt too much for it to last that long. "Tell your bird that I fell because I was going after it..." He just decided it was best for that bird to have a little guilt trip about what it had done.

Braden sat down on the ground, and tried to just relax his face so it wouldn't start throbbing and hurting again. He was sure there was a nice blood stain on that sidewalk that even his children would probably see in the future. After all, side walks were meant to last for a long time, and that side walk would be no exception. It'd be quite the interesting story to tell his own kids. It would also be quite embarrassing for him as well. Since, he didn't have the greatest amount of pride in the first place.

--------------------

Groups I am in.
+Quote Post

eforney
post Jun 7 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Cedric's Team

Krow listened passively, perched on Cedric's fist. Her half-lit eyes seemed to express contempt for the Mareep beaming up at her master, proud of her good deed, and the Starly, ostentatiously preening her feathers. She ruffled her own feathers angrily, thinking that they would've looked better than the other bird's had it not been for that blasted sheep.

Krow probably would've started preening herself but Cedric suddenly jostled his arm. He was holding her feet now so she couldn't fly away from a bit of punishment. "Krow, you hear that? You've caused this guy a lot of trouble! Now, you go over to my bag and get my first aid kit out." He stopped jostling her around, releasing her feet and sort of tossing her towards his bag. She fluttered to the ground indignant, and walked over to the bag. Using her beak, she pulled the zipper on the front pocket and rustled around a moment, before removing a small kit. She then begrudgingly walked over to Bray and laid the kit next to him before flying quickly back to Cedric's fist.

"That's better," he said to Krow before addressing Bray again. "Yeah? I have two others too," he said, plucking the two occupied balls from his belt. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Haha. Yeah, I found these two living together with a bunch of other ground Pokémon."

With a flick of his wrist he opened the first Pokéball. A small Cubone popped out and upon seeing the strangers, backed up slightly so that he was very near Cedric's leg. "This is Shiloh. He's a bit timid. Don't worry little guy, these folks seem pretty nice." As he reassured the Cubone, he flipped open the second Pokéball. A Sandshrew came from the second, who immediately sniffed as he emerged. His blue eyes seemed to be happy and his tailed twitched a little. "This is Broden. Heh, I guess his name isn't too far from yours is it, Braden?" He gave the Sandshrew a scritch on the head as he made this remark.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:03 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.