Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Letter from an old site vet to whoever remains..
Wishful Jirachi
post Apr 15 2021, 08:59 AM
Post #1

Why must all things die...even this?
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 16 447

~HELLO~

Hey. I doubt anyone knows me here. I'm Wishful Jirachi or Wishie as those called me. I joined this site in 2009, nearly 12 years ago now. I was 15.... I'm 27 now. I admit it's been a long time since I've logged on, about 2 years, but in reality everything started dying 7 years ago. I still remember this place though. I still think fondly of it. I used to spend my whole days on here, making friends, writing roleplays... I was actually known in the roleplay scene. I made my best friends here, Darkrow and Arcyena. I made so many beloved OCS and had a 'fake fam'. I remember that thread, Last to Post Wins XD

I still remember. I wish we still had it. I wish this place never died. I smile to think of this place and I still tell people about this place.. but today, logging on, looking through the old things.. honestly I cried. This place meant the world to me and I miss it. I'm amazed it's still here.. As with all things though, they end. All the roleplays have closed, all the ocs remain unused and unfortunately all the old friends have drifted away. I still love you all, if you ever see it. I remember and I miss you. All of you. Everything.

Admins you have kept strong and I thank you for everything that you have done over the years. You made a wonderful place and a lot of people happy. You gave us homes when we didn't have them, friends when we needed them.. I truly loved it here. Thank you for the memories. crying.gif

--------------------
Hey. Dark, Arcy if you see this, you can find me (Wishie) here:
https://www.madisonrenae.com/
https://www.facebook.com/madison.pontenberg/
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

DrRobot
post Apr 21 2021, 01:01 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 147 987

Active Squad

Hey. It really has been some strange nostalgia trip. I wish we could go back to 2011ish when this place was so active along with that old vdex site. Ten years on I still think about the friends I made on both of those websites and I'm sure you do too. I haven't logged in for who knows how long either, since it's a bit lonely here without those friends.

Wishie put everything perfectly and I won't reiterate, but I'll echo your thanks to the admins. You could've taken this site down at any time but you kept this place open for us. And now, all these years later, we're able to get closure from posts like this. Thank you

As for you personally, Wishie, I do hope it helps knowing you're not the only one who feels this way. I know we're likely to never cross paths again with each other or with that "fake fam" we made but we can dream! Maybe one day we'll have something similar to that again. Until then, stay well and all the best <3

(Last to post still wins though)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Calypso25
post Aug 9 2021, 08:36 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 256 114

Active Squad

QUOTE(DrRobot @ Apr 21 2021, 01:01 AM) *
Hey. It really has been some strange nostalgia trip. I wish we could go back to 2011ish when this place was so active along with that old vdex site. Ten years on I still think about the friends I made on both of those websites and I'm sure you do too. I haven't logged in for who knows how long either, since it's a bit lonely here without those friends.

Wishie put everything perfectly and I won't reiterate, but I'll echo your thanks to the admins. You could've taken this site down at any time but you kept this place open for us. And now, all these years later, we're able to get closure from posts like this. Thank you

As for you personally, Wishie, I do hope it helps knowing you're not the only one who feels this way. I know we're likely to never cross paths again with each other or with that "fake fam" we made but we can dream! Maybe one day we'll have something similar to that again. Until then, stay well and all the best <3

(Last to post still wins though)

Aw, dang, i dont even know you nor have i been here that long, but it made me still cry sad.gif
Well, yeah i just found the motivation to come back (maybe even more regulary this time)
I kinda love this type of empty place though, not that i wouldnt like a full one better. But those ghost towns have their own charm, not because its pretty but exactly because it is so sad to see. I like dead and forgotten places for the same reason Horror fans like horror, because its creepy.
And i love ghosts cause they are sad.
I hope you two have moved on to wonderful and happy places full of friends.
I will probably continue to visit this old place happy.gif
I hope you two, and everyone else who is reads this have a wonderful time happy.gif
Wherever you are, and whoever you might be happy.gif
I wish you a long life and many happy memories happy.gif
Goodbye

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:09 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.