Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GPX Challenge, Nonplayers: Please give opinion, see first post
Keyda
post Dec 30 2012, 07:30 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 121 702

Active Squad

Non Player Survey:
After seeing the challenges, would you be interested in competing yourself? Why or why not?
Was there a challenge that you would have liked to participate in? Were they what you expected?
Do you have any suggestions for a kind of challenge you would want to see?

If you could Pm this to me, I'd appreciate the feedback.

I've wanted to try this here for a while, so I thought I'd post it here and see what happens, if it's not okay in this section, please delete it.

This contest is a fun activity for anyone. Pending the number of participants, participants will be competing individually or as a team. Each week (Starting on Thursday) a task will be posted for the team/individual to complete. They will have until reset on Tuesday to complete it. Wednesday will be a break day where scores will be checked and tallied.

Points will be awarded to the team/individual based on the task, participation/cooperation of the group, whether the requirements have been met and are posted in the correct format.

The individual/team with the most points at the end of the challenge will be declared the winner.

This thread would be for posting tasks, scores and for sharing your tasks after they have been judged. I will give each team a google doc sheet for them to work.

To participate, simply sign up using the following form: It must be PMed to Keyda. Ideally upward of 6 people would be great, but less is alright too.

I’m applying for the GPX Challenge
Site Name:
Forum Name:
Email (for gdoc access):

The challenges will vary, some will be tasks similar to the scavenger hunt, others will be puzzles and riddles, and others may involve creativity. They won't be hard or time consuming tasks, and players get almost a week to do them. so anyone who is a casual player can participate too.

Players:
Manah
bakultimate
Raikiela

This post has been edited by Keyda: Feb 8 2013, 01:20 PM

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Keyda
post Jan 16 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

The Competition between:

Bakultimate
Manah
Raikielia

will begin at 5am site time Thursday, Jan 17, 2013. This post will be edited with the first task at that time.

There will still be sign ups open for the following week, should anyone else like to join. This time around there will be individuals competing, not teams, and this competition will last for 5 weeks/ 5 tasks. The person with the most points will be declared the winner!

Good luck to the players!!! Let the challenge begin!

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

bakultimate
post Jan 16 2013, 06:33 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 161 856

Active Squad

Nice :-D And the timing is perfect too ^^ (Since 5am server time is 11am for me)

I hope there will be more people in the next session x)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Keyda
post Jan 17 2013, 05:00 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Task 1

Part 1:

Design a banner to represent you. The image should be no larger than 200x100

The banner should contain a crest that represents you (similar to a coat of arms)

They have to stay for the duration of the competition, so don’t move/delete them after
you upload them.

Part 2: Dress Up!

In this part you will dress up the following pokemon according to different themes. You
must use the pokemon listed but you can pick which theme will go with which pokemon

The Pokemon:

Marill
Oddish
Vaporeon
Dewott
Houndour

The Themes:

Your Favorite Exploration (Bonus points if I can correctly guess which one you did, so
don’t post the name of it!)
That Shadowy thing in the Night
Bake Off!
High Atop a Snowy Mountain
Love is in the Air

When you post your dressups, they must be posted as follows:
Line 1: Your banner
Line 2-6: Image of pokemon, Theme you used

Post each pokemon on a separate line!

After the deadline, I will post with my guess and you tell me if I’m right or wrong, and if
I was wrong what the right answer should be.

Bonus Task: Points for the number of completed recorded shiny hunts for the Jan 2013
site wide shiny hunt. Post your banner first, then your shinies, with links to their page, together in one post. You
may edit the post as many times as you need, up until the deadline.

Everything should be posted in this thread before 5am site time on Jan 23, 2013.
If you have questions, please post or PM me.

Edit to add: If you can post everything in one post, that's fine too.

This post has been edited by Keyda: Jan 18 2013, 07:24 PM

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jan 20 2013, 03:16 PM
Post #5

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

QUOTE(Keyda @ Jan 17 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Bonus Task: Points for the number of completed recorded shiny hunts for the Jan 2013
site wide shiny hunt. Post your banner first, then your shinies, with links to their page, together in one post. You
may edit the post as many times as you need, up until the deadline.

This sounds like we are required to have a banner, but what do we do if we fail to create one? (Honestly, I couldn't design a crest to save my life x_x.gif )

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Keyda
post Jan 20 2013, 07:35 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

It doesn't have to be hand drawn, if you use images and put them together that's fine too.

For the crest, pick an item that you like or something you collect

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jan 22 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Diamond Party

Banner: (Just so I have something. Without crest because I suck at creating images.)
Your Favorite Exploration
That Shadowy thing in the Night
Bake Off! (I have a feeling this means something entirely different, but whatever xD")
High Atop a Snowy Mountain
Love is in the Air (A different take on "love".)

----------------------------

SWSH shinies:

--------------------

~
+Quote Post

bakultimate
post Jan 22 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Now I'm pretty mad... Because of the no-multiplier I can't get the needed Pokemon to do the contest... I'll try to get them in the safari, but if I can't I'll forfeit.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Keyda
post Jan 22 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

At the very least you should be able to find a houndour, oddish and vaporeon. I hope you can get the pokemon sad.gif

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

bakultimate
post Jan 22 2013, 05:15 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

The only one I have now is the Vaporeon I think ^^

For the others I'll need to get them from the Safari and/or evolve them if I can only find the child form. It won't be easy since I have to study ^-^"

I should have worked on that earlier x)

EDIT :

Sorry about that, looks like I didn't get in time x)
I'll try to do my best for the other ones though !

This post has been edited by bakultimate: Jan 23 2013, 05:18 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Keyda
post Jan 23 2013, 11:23 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Since Manah was the only one able to finish, the task, she is currently in first place.

I absolutely loved your dress ups, I either smiled or went "awww" with all of them, excellent job.

For the Exploration, my guess would be Deep Desires. Is that right?

new task will be posted sometime tomorrow morning, it might not be at 5am site time, but will be before 8am. Good luck!!

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jan 23 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Diamond Party

Yes, Deep Desires is right. Darkrai and all xD

I'm happy you like my dress ups. happy.gif

--------------------

~
+Quote Post

Keyda
post Jan 24 2013, 07:33 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Task 2: Story Time

Your task for this week is to write a short story about one of the pokemon you dressed up last week. You will use the pokemon and its outfit/accessories in your story.

There are two things that the story must contain:
1. A star
2. A rose

The story should be at least 300 words long.

However, since two people did not post dressups, they must use mine instead:

Post your banner, then your story

Your story should be posted in this thread before 7:30 am site time on Jan 30, 2013

Bonus: have as many total explorations completed as possible. Post a link to your GPX profile underneath your story.

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

bakultimate
post Jan 29 2013, 04:22 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'm really sorry I don't know how to put an image in my reply x)
And once again, I'm sorry if I made some grammar mistakes, since English isn't my primary language happy.gif

Hope you enjoy my story !

Once upon a time, on a snowy day, a little Oddish awoke. It was the very first time he saw snow, that's why he decided to explore a little in this land covered in white.

The little pokémon was cold, bumping into rocks and roots as he walked, but he was so excited he didn't really pay attention. When suddenly, he bumped into another little pokémon, a Cubone. The poor thing was crying, alone on a trunk looking at the sky.

The Oddish, who didn't know what to do, tried to console him, but in vain. After some time, the Cubone explained that he lost the legacy that his father gave him, a bone. The little plant then proposed to help him search for it, and then they went on their little adventure.

After some time, they came to a clearing, who was slightly glistening, maybe because of all the pink crystal roses on the side. In the middle of the clearing, lied the precious bone as well as a little heart made by crystal.

The Cubone immediately rushed to it, hugging it as if his life depended on it. He thanked the Oddish as much as he could and then looked at the sky one more, telling him that his father was dead a long time ago, remaining as a star to guide and help him when he needed it.

After a last "thank you", the Cubone started to shine, a pale white light, who slowly went upwards. The Oddish looked at him during his ascension, with a little tear in the corner of his eye. After the light disappeared a star suddenly twinkled, as if it was saying a last good bye.

The little Oddish came back to his home, wondering what just happened. Maybe it was a dream, or maybe it was what they call "the magic of winter".

And here is the link to my GPX+ profile !

http://gpxplus.net/user/bakultimate

--------------------
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jan 29 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Diamond Party

[Ok, probably no story from me.]

Explorations completed: 184
http://gpxplus.net/user/Manah

--------------------

~
+Quote Post

Raikielia
post Jan 29 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 412

Active Squad

The wind blew through the trees, rustling the leaves and knocking snow off the branches. A rather large clump of snow fell to the ground with a dull thud. The pile of snow twitched and an Oddish popped out with a squeal. It scrambled out and scampered away from the trees. It didn't like the snow. Snow was cold and wet and miserable. Oddish liked the sun and the warmth and the green grass. Right now, it would settle for a dry place to stay.

The little Oddish toddled through the snow, shivering as it looked for a warm place to hide. All it could find was snow and it passed a frozen lake. In a clearing not far from the lake, Oddish came upon a fantastic sight. In the middle of the clearing was a rosebush, a large bush with beautiful, full sunset orange blooms. Oddish was surprised it wasn't withered or dormant. But the closer Oddish got to the bush it realized it looked ... odd. Upon closer inspection, the ice on the bush became visible; the entire bush was covered in a thin layer of ice. At the base of the bush was a heart-shaped piece of ice. The Oddish had never seen anything like it, it was beautiful. It couldn't wait to grow up to be big and beautiful like the roses.

A low whimpering distracted Oddish from the rosebush. It wandered around until it found the source of the sound: a crying Cubone. A yellow Charmander was trying to comfort the Cubone. Turns out the Cubone had lost it's favorite bone club. Together the Oddish and Charmander scoured the nearby area. It wasn't long before they found the bone in a pile of snow at the base of a tree. Cubone hopped up and down in excitement as it saw Charmander with it's bone. Night was beginning to fall, so the three new friends cleared the area of snow and gathered a pile of sticks that Charmander set on fire. The three of them huddled around the fire and watching the stars.

Explorations Completed: 35
http://gpxplus.net/user/Raikielia

This post has been edited by Raikielia: Jan 29 2013, 09:04 PM
+Quote Post

Keyda
post Jan 31 2013, 07:07 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Your stories were absolutely adorable, great job!!!

Task 3: Pokearmy!

Your task for this week is to find as many vulpix as you possibly can. The vulpix can only be used if it has a total IV count of 90-100 and is level 10. The person that finds the most vulpix by the dead line wins.

You can put them in boxes and then post the boxes in one post. No other pokemon must be contained in the box you post. You cannot release them until I have checked and added up scores, if they are not owned by you when I add up scores, they will not count. I will post and let you know when I’m done. If you run out of room, PM me with the list of boxes after all of them are ready to be released, and I can add them up, I will give you instructions then.

Bonus points for all vulpix that have exactly 100 IV’s, please post these in a separate box and name it so that I will know.

Post your banner, then all of your boxes side by side in your post

Have all your boxes posted in the thread before 7 am site time on February 6, 2013

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

Raikielia
post Feb 1 2013, 01:55 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 412

Active Squad

Do they have to be exactly level 10 or can they be a little higher?
+Quote Post

Keyda
post Feb 1 2013, 02:22 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'll change it: must be level 10-12. A little higher is okay.

--------------------
Needed Trinkets
+Quote Post

Manah
post Feb 5 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Diamond Party

This post has been edited by Manah: Feb 5 2013, 07:56 PM

--------------------

~
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:23 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.