Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
These new Pokemon are retarded, And I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Guest_Hokkai no Oni_*
post May 21 2008, 12:26 AM
Post #1

Guests

Finally. I've been saying this for ages, but the first generation on the Gameboy are still the best Pokemon games ever made.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

MayAlltheWay
post May 21 2008, 01:00 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1 894

Active Squad

That Was funny.

"Mew-who?"

--------------------

Its Summer time
+Quote Post

Justbman
post May 21 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #3

The Dark Hero
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1 108

HeartGold In-game

Well, I have to disagree. Pokemon would not be pokemon if they kept just the original 151. Booorrring.. I cant see how the newer pokes are any "less-creative" than the originals. Personally, I think its just the fact that it was probably ur first play, like for me and 2nd gen.

--------------------
Weezy (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post May 21 2008, 01:55 PM
Post #4

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

In your defense, I thought they were incredibly obscure at first (you really can't be serious with Tangrowth or Lickilicky >_>). They took a few months to grow on me, but they were fine afterwards.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post May 21 2008, 01:58 PM
Post #5

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

it was funny but i wouldnt exactly agree w/it. yes, the first generation is "classic" but its time to move on. u can still catch the original 151. its not like they're gone forever. just like sonic the hedgehog. a bunch of people are like "i dont like the new sonic games. they're not like the original." well duh! that was like 16 years ago! i think its time to move on. yes, i know that pokemon wasnt started 16 years ago but it has the same basic principle.

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post May 21 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #6

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

I came into this thread expecting some moron to go on and on about how the new Pokémon suck. And instead I find Ramsden. I've already read the comic before I saw this thread, though.

The thing is though, I honestly think that most of the people who say the new Pokémon aren't creative at all aren't able to do a better job (they'll probably do a worse job). Thing is, Ramsden could do a better job.

Yeah, whatever. I don't think they suck, I just give myself time to warm up to them.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Guest_Hokkai no Oni_*
post May 21 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #7

Guests

I agree that things require new additions and ideas and features in order to remain fresh and appealing. However, my problem with the new pokemon is simply that they are not that creative, and this is down to either a lack of imagination or sheer laziness on the part of the designers. Most of them are just existing animals with stupid names. Others are freaking robot versions of existing animals. The last I looked, wild creatures aren't made of freaking metal, but flesh or some other organically occurring matter.

Just look at Bidoof for crying out loud.

I am aware that the original generation had some lazy pokemon as well. Rattata, Pidgey and Pikachu are the first to spring to mind. And those I suspect were mostly to appeal to kids by being cute. But the proportion of genuinely strange and unique pokemon was much higher back then. Koffing, Geodude, Grimer, Bulbasaur, Tangela, I could continue. At least those aren't glorified rodents with daft names slapped on the front, they're actually weird and fantastic.

I could come up with 150 worthwhile new monsters without resorting to kitsch or plagiarism in a relatively short space of time, and considering the amount of time and money that is put to the development of the new pokemon games I expect more.
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post May 21 2008, 06:06 PM
Post #8

Look closer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

Active Squad

And here I was expecting to go all nazi on the topic starter saying that the new generation isn't out yet and the closest thing we have is the alternate forms.

And you go straight from 1 to 4. The second generation had a lot of original and good Pokemon, like Sneasel or the starters. The Johto saga expanded the first generation and also is still, like, the most popular generation. After the 2nd things got a bit bad. However, don't say that it's all unoriginal. For example, Vespiquen. The closest thing is Beedrill but there's still a great originality there.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Guest_Hokkai no Oni_*
post May 23 2008, 02:21 AM
Post #9

Guests

Well I did say proportionally. There are one or two alright Pokemon in the newer generations, but it doesn't really make up for all the generic rip-offs.
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post May 23 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #10

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Alakazam, Nidoking, Machamp.. these dudes rock. I finally started playing Pearl again and I made sure I grabbed an Abra and Machop as soon as possible and they're already at their final stage. cool.gif

You can actually tell that this generation isn't really being all that creative. I mean, look at the starters. What's up with Turtwig? It's basically Bulbasaur meets Chikorita. Torterra itself is basically Venusaur, just more of an island. And Inferno is pretty much Blaziken only a monkey instead of a bird. Why on earth did they have to make the fire-starter in this game fighting-type just like last generation? I don't like it being weak against flying and psychic types. I don't even teach it any Fighting-type moves really so it's just an added disappointment to an otherwise awesome starter (fire always rocks).

I hate most of the other new ones too though. Pachirisu? Bah. There are some pretty interesting new ones however as someone else mentioned like Combee and Vespiquen as well as things like Carnivine and let's not forget Zangoose from last gen. <3 Okay, so Zangoose is probably a childish one too since it's just a Mongoose and has no types of evolution so is boring in that respect but he's still cool! sad.gif

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

MayAlltheWay
post May 23 2008, 08:56 PM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

the onyl reason i think the new ones are sorta of crappy its because they look too babyish.

--------------------

Its Summer time
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post May 23 2008, 09:05 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(MayAlltheWay @ May 23 2008, 06:56 PM) *
the onyl reason i think the new ones are sorta of crappy its because they look too babyish.

That's another thing.... Pokémon are slowly becoming more cute. There needs to be more fearsome masterpieces.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post May 24 2008, 09:51 AM
Post #13

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Fearsome masterpieces such as...?
(Though, the Uber legendaries and Pokemon like Rhyperior/Garchomp/Salamence/whatever could be what you're on about, but I'm still curious to hear some others).

--------------------
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post May 24 2008, 11:26 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Greatest Team Ever

When I said fearsome, I meant by looks. Things like Gyarados, Rhydon, Aerodactyl, and Tyranitar that look fearsome without actually looking silly in the process. Salamence looks too content, Garchomp looks stoned, and Rhyperior is another monster that could have been fearsome but ended up looking more silly than fearsome.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tails001
post May 27 2008, 01:10 PM
Post #15

Tails001
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 985

Active Squad

It Is Funny but More Pokemon = More Variety and More Fun!

--------------------
[color="#0000FF"]
Pokémon Are Friends Not Things!

Sandshrew Is Mine

My Eggs!!!

+Quote Post

MayAlltheWay
post May 27 2008, 04:41 PM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

You forgot useless^

--------------------

Its Summer time
+Quote Post

GinFillyWolf
post Sep 7 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #17

PokémonTrainer / Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 710

Active Squad

*laugh* I thats cool! I think the old generatoin is the best wink.gif But I love the new ones too happy.gif

--------------------

<by Milo <by Miracle Eye
Other Items (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

masrelga
post Sep 7 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #18

The Ultimate Trainer and Arena Warrior
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 423

Torture Team

2 things:
that was funny and
if they kept the original 150/151 without any new additions then i would've given up on pokemon years ago and im sure i wouldnt be the only one but either way the 1st gen will always be the best

--------------------
WARM THESE EGGYS

DIAMOND FC:2192 3752 4195
badges (click to show)
Frontier Symbols (click to show)
Battle Pass (click to show)

JOIN

I CLAIM PIKACHU pikachu.gif DRAGONITE dragonite.gif AND TORTERRA torterra.gif
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 8 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #19

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

I have to agree with Wymsy (out of both respect AND fear) but I have to say: The cries are 75% better in the new pokémon than in any of the older games. I actually wish they'd remastered the cries in the older generations when they're ported to D/P/P... Staraptor's is my favorite.

That being said, I think Giratina is sufficiently fearsome for it's purposes. Spiritomb is SUPPOSED to be (I think it whispers "thank you" menacingly in it's cry, which is nicely creepy) but is far too two dimensional. However, for common yet menaacing, may I point out Luxray?

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

cookie lord puls...
post Sep 8 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #20

^da notched eared lucario^
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 208

me freinds =)

QUOTE(Wymsy @ May 24 2008, 03:05 AM) *
QUOTE(MayAlltheWay @ May 23 2008, 06:56 PM) *

That's another thing.... Pokémon are slowly becoming more cute. There needs to be more fearsome masterpieces.
like dialga palkia are cool but with shaymin manaphy and phione they ruined legendary pokemon there getting cuter i think the 151 was cool i can only memorise 231 now they should go for more evil looking pokemon
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:11 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.