Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Satoru Iwata, The loss of a great man..
IcePrincess
post Jul 13 2015, 08:17 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 58 724

Firered Team

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum, or if there's already a topic about this somewhere, but I just felt the need to share this news in case no one else had.

On the 11th of july, Satoru Iwata, who served as the fourth President and CEO of Nintendo, past away at the age of 55. I recieved the news only as of today, but I was deeply touched by it. We know this man (or are connected to him unknowingly) through his work for Nintendo, his lightheartedness and the things he believed and said. "Games should be fun," was one such comment that I just adored. He worked on things like Balloon Fight, EarthBound, and the lovely Kirby games.

But this being a site that mainly focusses on Pokémon, we have to acknowledge and admire his work on Pokémon Gold and Silver most of all. He also helped to lead the transistion from the Gameboy Color to the Nintendo DS, worked on The Legend of Zelda, Mario and Animal Crossing series of games. All in all, a wonderful man that has touched the hearts of many gamers. I might speak for more people than just myself when I say it is partly thanks to this man that I fell in love with video games.

Feel free to talk about him as much as you like, because I'm sure I won't be the only one to miss him.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Azor Ahai
post Jul 16 2015, 04:55 AM
Post #2

K N E E L
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 188 146

Diamond Defence

I have him to thank for a LOT of my favorite childhood games, a brilliant innovator, human and gamer.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Jul 16 2015, 07:21 AM
Post #3

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

Absolutely, Azor.
What a shock this was to me. I don't think I've ever had my jaw drop as heavily as it did when I heard the news.
I was even listening to this when I found out about it, making the moment that much more emotional.
As a huge Nintendo fan and gamer overall, the gaming community will never be the same. sad.gif
Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Jul 27 2015, 10:45 AM
Post #4

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

I heard about this when my friend was over for the summer. She was browsing her Tumblr and came across the news. She thought it was some kind of sick joke. So she did some research and found out that it was true. I could hear her drop several OMGs from upstairs, as I had gone to get a snack. Needless to say, that put a bit of a damper on our night. sad.gif Requesciast ist pacem, Iwata-sama. You'll be greatly missed by all Nintendo fans the world over. crying.gif

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:19 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.