Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
15 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
February Community Thread, It's GPX's birth month!
Jen
post Jan 31 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

February Community Thread!

The January Community thread has been moved here.

If you're new here then don't be shy! The community thread is the place to come and chat with fellow members of the site who share a common interest with you. Talk about whatever you want, whether it's GPX related or something going on in your personal life, just be sure to read the rules first before posting. There's always someone on the forums to read and respond to your posts, so chat away and maybe you'll meet some great people!

Rules
  • Regular forum rules still apply here. Basically don't double post. Don't ask for clicks every time you fill your party. Unless it gets out of hand*, I'm okay with you linking to an exploration Pokemon who needs a specific berry.

*out of hand meaning I don't want to see Pokémon being linked just for leveling or if they need drinks for happiness. These kinds of interactions can be handled just fine by being in your parties and signatures.

• Do not post your shinies here, there's a shiny thread for that. Discussing them is OK though! Just make sure you add content to your post.

• Make sure your post contains worthwhile content. If you're posting an exploration Pokémon to be fed berries then be sure to add other content to your post. Same with discussing shinies. Find people to reply to or start a discussion yourself! Your post must, with the shiny portion and berry feeding hypothetically removed*, not read as if you're talking to yourself. To clarify, your post should not be an out-loud thought to yourself, and should contain more general discussion than just information on your current shiny luck.

*if you were to read your post, skipping over any mention of shinies, the post should still sound like a good post.

If any posts are found breaking this rule then they will be instantly deleted and handed a 10% warn.

• Do not post your GPX+ gear grinders in this thread either. There's also a thread for that. This is mostly for raging at staff or site events that you don't like.

Hopefully helpful examples! (click to show)

• Do not litter your post with swear words.

• Memes and Gifs are allowed, but don't overuse them. If the thread turns into nothing but meme and gif replies, I'll give everyone a 10% warn that was involved because it's just plain out spam! Make sure you put these in a spoiler tag.

• No quote pyramids! Be sure to cut out everything that was before what you're replying to. They can get long and make a page annoying to scroll through, so be considerate to your fellow members!

• A post must be AT LEAST one sentence long. If you’re saying hi or bye to someone be sure to add something more to your post.

• If you'd like to advertise something, then be sure you put it in your signature. Youtube, Deviantart (No smut), Fanfication (No smut), Twitch, adoptable sites, your own minecraft servers are all fine. If you Live stream give a heads up that you're live, but be sure to add content. Don't just link dump. Send a PM if you have any questions about anything else!
Monthly Raffle

Nominations are now gone, and I'm using post count to determine how many entries you have into the raffle. The first 19 posts you have will count as one entry, and every ten after that will count as an extra. Think of it as the first number of your post count is how many entries you have. To see what your post count is, click on the number of replies any certain thread has. Nothing else on the site will influence the amount of entries you receive, so if you'd like a chance to win, then post here frequently!

The raffle is what chooses who gets to choose what's in next month's egg distribution. There are no other site advantages other than that, and even then the whole site gets a chance at that Pokémon that you chose!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Jan 31 2017, 07:41 PM
Post #2

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

February Egg Distribution!

How to get an egg from this event
  • You must keep at least one slot open in your party.
  • You MUST have logged in sometime on GPX+ in the last two weeks.
  • You can not be in the restricted group.
IMPORTANT EVENT NOTES
  1. No, you do NOT have to be online at the time I am sending out eggs.
  2. These eggs do NOT show up in the Lab for the event. They are sent out randomly.
  3. There is ONE set shiny for each Pokémon, but every other egg has a regular chance of being shiny.
  4. If you obtain ONE of the eggs from this event, you will NOT be able to obtain another one from this same event. This means if you get an egg on day 1 of this event, you can't get an event egg from any other day during this event. By the way, abandoning an event egg does nothing. So if you get one you might as well keep it and be happy.
  5. If we find any accounts being made just to get eggs from the event then they will be immediately banned along with your main.
  6. If you were a winner of the raffle, your chosen Pokémon will be spawned into your party on the day of the event. It won't be forced shiny, but there's always a small chance just like any other egg! This will not count as an event egg and you can still receive one from the event.
  7. There is no guarantee that you'll receive an egg. There have been about 3k users online daily and there are only 1,750 eggs going out, so that at least gives you a little more than a 50% chance at getting something.
  8. Eggs chosen will not be available to pick from again for 3 months. If x egg was in the January egg distribution, then it can not be chosen again until April.
  9. The event runs at 4 p.m. server time.
Event dates and what's being handed out
  • Feb 2nd: Tapu Koko - Winner: x Sam - 350 eggs
  • Feb 3rd: Suicune - Winner: Tulaash - 350 eggs
  • Feb 4th: Dialga - Winner: Jalakins - 350 eggs
  • Feb 5th: Remorage - 350 eggs
  • Feb 6th: Hoopa - 350 eggs

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 31 2017, 11:56 PM
Post #3

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Oh god February already where is this year going!?

I hope everyone enjoys my choice. Good luck to those who'll try for Tapu wink.gif

Akso yay I got swishy

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

InsaneMoments
post Jan 31 2017, 11:58 PM
Post #4

Hidden in the shadows of death
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 213

Active Squad

Ooo Sam yay for picking Tapu!!

Feb, this month is such a good month but such a bad

Good = Chocolate that i dont always see because they want it for valentines only
Bad = SO MUCH CHOCOLATE

--------------------

+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Jan 31 2017, 11:59 PM
Post #5

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Didn't hatch my 3rd shiny for the SWSH but at least I finished my shiny hunts. I wasn't expecting to get another shiny so I'm happy with my progress. The Prize Points for finishing definitely helped.

I'm going to definitely try for a Tapu Koko. I'm not overly picky with what I get, all the choices are nice. If I could get a shiny one I'd be all over it.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Kazuko Himura
post Jan 31 2017, 11:59 PM
Post #6

Art by Yoova
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 243 702

Active Squad

Didn't make SWSH, but got a good chunk of prize points. Also don't need anything in the event thing this time, shockingly enough!

--------------------
Foobs.

Current Pokemon game goal:
All-ribbon Smeargle
Sites and things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Feb 1 2017, 12:01 AM
Post #7

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Oh, February. It's another candy month. I'm not big into Valentine's Day, but hey, it's an excuse to eat good chocolate. (Or bad chocolate, if you prefer that.)

I'll try for Suicune, but knowing me, I'll forget to leave a spot open or will leave one open on a different day. Having a shiny Dialga again would be nice, too. >_>

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Feb 1 2017, 12:02 AM
Post #8

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

Didn't get my SWSH shiny =( Sad because it was my first time participating in SWSH.
I think I got around 25 prize points though, I guess that's cool (I really wanted that little blue owl after I picked the wrong Pokemon...I actually wanted to hunt Litten...)
Wonder what the big prize is...

Think I'm gonna try and go for the Egg Distribution on the 3rd =) I'd love a Suicune (sad I missed Raiku last month)

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Feb 1 2017, 12:03 AM
Post #9

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I see a new item in my inventory, guess the Rotom Dex is our prize for the SWSH grin.gif. From the looks of it, it can't be used yet. I only noticed it because I wanted to see how many Sweet Hearts I had.

This post has been edited by Asbel Lhant: Feb 1 2017, 12:04 AM

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Feb 1 2017, 12:05 AM
Post #10

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Remorage and Hoopa? Neat! Especially Remorage because I've always been a big fan of Remorage
I'll be trying to get that one I guess

I got my swsh so I guess I'll be getting myself a Rotom Dex soon, huh? :P
I do like the idea of it. Wonder what the sprite looks like.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Munchlax
post Feb 1 2017, 12:11 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 953

Active Squad

Pinch punch! First of the month! No returns grin.gif

Guess I'll be going for Tapu, or one of the other legendaries if I forget.

I ended up with 5 hatched shinies for SWSH even though Azurite never led at all during the SWSH oh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Feb 1 2017, 12:15 AM
Post #12

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

Rotom Dex'd Rotom right away. Loved the guy. Might shiny hunt a Rotom now that he's here. xD

No mystery egg this month?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Feb 1 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Happy Early Birthday, GPX+!

I surprised myself with being able to not only participate in the SWSHy, but I actually managed to nab a shiny owl. love.gif So I guess I'll be getting a Rotom Dex as well. Not sure what to make of that as I don't understand how it'll interact with GPX... but then again... I'm also not a fan of it in the actual game. My Rotom is too dumb to show me precisely where I am (more times than not) and just likes to keep telling me where it thinks I need to go. LOL Hm. Maybe the GPX RD will offer hints or clues about shinies? Legendaries? Hmm. It might be more useful here then in the game. *snicker*

Tapu Koko!?! Woah! Definitely going to play hard to be considered and hope to get that first Pokemon. Felt bad that I missed it on its release day and never dreamed it would be up for grabs this first month. I'll have to take another look if I don't secure it this month to see what other days to vie for. So, thanks, x Sam, for requesting it. Nice one!!

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Feb 1 2017, 12:21 AM
Post #14

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

Happy February everyone!

I might go for Suicune this time. I'm hoping to get some better luck this time around!

I hatched five shinies for the SWSH, getting the last two I needed on Sunday. I already used my Rotom Dex as well. Cute little fellow.

This past day has been rather bothersome. My paternal grandfather suffered a mild stroke on Monday night. He's doing fine though and there hasn't been that much damage, but it'll take time to recover. I was worried about that the whole day until my dad filled me in on everything. So I'm hoping he'll get better quick.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Feb 1 2017, 12:27 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(Running On Ice @ Jan 31 2017, 10:21 PM) *
Happy February everyone!

I might go for Suicune this time. I'm hoping to get some better luck this time around!

I hatched five shinies for the SWSH, getting the last two I needed on Sunday. I already used my Rotom Dex as well. Cute little fellow.

This past day has been rather bothersome. My paternal grandfather suffered a mild stroke on Monday night. He's doing fine though and there hasn't been that much damage, but it'll take time to recover. I was worried about that the whole day until my dad filled me in on everything. So I'm hoping he'll get better quick.

Glad to hear that your grandfather is doing ok and on the mend, Running On Ice. I'm sure that must've been scary. Hopefully he can make a full recovery though and not need any intervention (by surgery means).

Hatched five shinies? Wow! Kudos! And we can use the Rotom Dex now? I noticed it was an evolution item so I'm thinking I know (based on its name) which Pokemon it works for. I'll have to look into that.

*EDIT*
Yup. Totally adorable! I couldn't wait to see it so I tried it out as well.

This post has been edited by Mamanator: Feb 1 2017, 12:32 AM

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Esc
post Feb 1 2017, 12:38 AM
Post #16

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

There has to be more to the Rotom Dex right? Maybe it'll give us clues for the anniversary?!?

Anyways, happy February everyone!

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

D E A N
post Feb 1 2017, 02:05 AM
Post #17

Shiny Pokémon Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 972

sand everywhere

I really hope that I'll remember the egg distribution tomorrow. I've missed it for so many months in a row already pinch.gif
My order for which egg I wish the most is: Tapu Koko, Hoopa, Remorage and Dialga. Not interested in Suicune since it's the only shiny legendary I have happy.gif So I might keep a spot open on 2nd, 5th and 6th (if I only remember !!).

Also thinking about starting a shiny Rotom hunt, but I kinda hope that we would choose Rotom for March's SWSH.

--------------------

Newest shinies~
Formerly know as tiika and Marshal Tilka.
Feel free to call me just Dean (:

shiny hunt relevant (click to show)
groups and credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lumena
post Feb 1 2017, 03:28 AM
Post #18

Certified lunatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 123 176

Epicness

Februaryyyyyyy one of the best months of the year. 15th of February and later = discount chocolate cat.gif Why spend Valentine's day with a loved one if you can celebrate with chocolate instead?!

Idk what egg distribution thingy I'm going for. have pretty much all of those already, though I am still missing an egg entry for some. We'll see!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Feb 1 2017, 06:13 AM
Post #19

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

why hello there! haven't posted in a while.

finally completed Sun, transferring everything over to it now so I can get my ass kicked in the Battle Tree. Also gonna fuck around in Emerald for ages to get a Shiny Rayquaza.

--------------------
+Quote Post

CrazyUmbreonLady
post Feb 1 2017, 08:04 AM
Post #20

But that's none of my business.
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 129

The Dream Team!

Oh, I didn't think they'll hand out Tapu Koko so quickly after its release. Definitely keeping my party open tomorrow.

I got two Rotom Dexes from the Prize Shop, one for a normal one and one for a Shiny one. This might even give me the motivation to Shiny Hunt Rotom after I finish my Litten hunt!

I've gone for the Hidden Ruins first, mostly because I haven't obtained all the Pokemon from the exploration. I've only gotten Regice from it so far. Might pick up Registeel this time. I'll also do Terminus Cave again, just in case you can get Zygarde in different forms (hoping for my green doggo here).

--------------------

Just a random girl doing stuff and things.

Task stuff (click to show)

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:22 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.