Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
142 Pages V  « < 104 105 106 107 108 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
GPX+ Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
SunnyB007
post Jan 12 2019, 12:42 PM
Post #2101

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 256 185

Active Squad

QUOTE(Pkmn Trainer Jae @ Jan 11 2019, 05:39 AM) *
QUOTE(Lemonado Girl @ Jan 10 2019, 06:34 PM) *
And here i am with 14 PP and no way to readily gain the six i need for a sun flute. I'm gonna have a cosmoem for a long time.

Start hatching for a good Poke Hunt entry, if you haven't already? The Prize+ items say they're available until 01-12 and the Poke Hunt ends tonight.

i thought i had a good chance with a 141 IV meganium. still came 2nd. how do you get 1st place in pokehunt?

PS: Show this cutie some love pls?

--------------------
Show your love to my little ones here:

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jan 12 2019, 03:50 PM
Post #2102

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

QUOTE(SunnyB007 @ Jan 12 2019, 09:42 AM) *
QUOTE(Pkmn Trainer Jae @ Jan 11 2019, 05:39 AM) *
QUOTE(Lemonado Girl @ Jan 10 2019, 06:34 PM) *
And here i am with 14 PP and no way to readily gain the six i need for a sun flute. I'm gonna have a cosmoem for a long time.

Start hatching for a good Poke Hunt entry, if you haven't already? The Prize+ items say they're available until 01-12 and the Poke Hunt ends tonight.

i thought i had a good chance with a 141 IV meganium. still came 2nd. how do you get 1st place in pokehunt?

PS: Show this cutie some love pls?

Only time I remember getting 1st was a miracle shiny Goomy that evolved to Goodra and submitted

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

Pkmn Trainer Jae
post Jan 12 2019, 04:59 PM
Post #2103

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 256 166

Active Squad

I've gotten 1st once so far. Heck if I remember which it was, though. I know IVs, rarity, and shininess matter. Starting to suspect other factors may play into it as well. Oh well, they seem to be weekly regardless of other site events so there's plenty of time to experiment and see what works.
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Jan 12 2019, 06:29 PM
Post #2104

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 56 857

QUOTE(Pkmn Trainer Jae @ Jan 12 2019, 01:59 PM) *
I've gotten 1st once so far. Heck if I remember which it was, though. I know IVs, rarity, and shininess matter. Starting to suspect other factors may play into it as well. Oh well, they seem to be weekly regardless of other site events so there's plenty of time to experiment and see what works.

I think relative rarity also matters. As in, not what the Pokedex says, but how many people are breeding and donating them the week of the hunt. Base forms of novelties seem to often score lower than other Pokemon of the same dex rarity.

Evolution status also counts. A fully evolved Pokemon will score higher than its base form. However, form changes and Mega Evolutions don't count for this.

Based on my own experience, IVs are the most important factor by far. IVs over 140 are almost a guaranteed first place for a fully evolved Pokemon.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Raboot
post Jan 12 2019, 06:35 PM
Post #2105

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Jan 12 2019, 03:29 PM) *
QUOTE(Pkmn Trainer Jae @ Jan 12 2019, 01:59 PM) *

I think relative rarity also matters. As in, not what the Pokedex says, but how many people are breeding and donating them the week of the hunt. Base forms of novelties seem to often score lower than other Pokemon of the same dex rarity.

Evolution status also counts. A fully evolved Pokemon will score higher than its base form. However, form changes and Mega Evolutions don't count for this.

Based on my own experience, IVs are the most important factor by far. IVs over 140 are almost a guaranteed first place for a fully evolved Pokemon.

I wanted to add a few more factors:
  • Gender: if it's not 50% either way, then the rarer gender can score higher
  • Egg steps: an Eeveelution might do better than an evolved starter due to more egg steps required
  • Order of typing: if a Pokemon has the Poke Hunt type as its secondary type, it tends to perform worse (i.e. Deino in dragon hunts)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pkmn Trainer Jae
post Jan 12 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #2106

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks for the tips! Gender and egg steps were actually two of the factors I was suspecting would tie into it. I would have never thought of the primary/secondary typing thing, but it does make sense.
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jan 12 2019, 11:58 PM
Post #2107

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(SunnyB007 @ Jan 12 2019, 12:42 PM) *

Meganium would need around 150 IVs or so to balance out the low egg steps.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pkmn Trainer Jae
post Jan 13 2019, 11:27 AM
Post #2108

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

So basically, if it's a hunt for an Eeveelution type, you're better off just going with the Eeveelution?
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Jan 14 2019, 01:35 AM
Post #2109

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Pkmn Trainer Jae @ Jan 13 2019, 11:27 AM) *
So basically, if it's a hunt for an Eeveelution type, you're better off just going with the Eeveelution?

Not always. But a lot of the time? Yes.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Plain Jane
post Jan 14 2019, 03:04 PM
Post #2110

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 255 848

Active Squad

Very excited about SWSH sign-ups starting tonight! I didn't vote last time around, but my three votes for this one are for Phione, Skarmory, and Rotom [Normal]. Initially I thought it'd be difficult to choose, but Phione and Rotom are two of my favorite Pokemon from my first region (Sinnoh) and I love Skarmory because I love Hoenn Route 113.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Cytosine
post Jan 15 2019, 12:04 AM
Post #2111

shloop
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 37 706

swabbies

Hm, a set of fluffy pokemon to shiny hunt from this month. Lol. Maybe I'll go for Emolga. Not my favorite shiny, but it's a little more visually appealing than Whimsicott, imo. Already have shiny Swablu. None of them will give me a shard, but they are cute.

--------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jan 15 2019, 12:06 AM
Post #2112

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Looks like the start date is broken, but I'm partially surprised to see who the winners are.
One was to be expected. The others I wouldn't have guessed.
I know which I'll be going with.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Raboot
post Jan 15 2019, 03:04 AM
Post #2113

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

I already have Shiny Swablu and Shiny Emolga dex entries, so I just need Shiny Cottonee. But I might just go for Swablu first, cos I want the extra shiny for the new novelty.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gigadyne
post Jan 15 2019, 03:55 AM
Post #2114

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 629

Heartgold Team

Swablu being in SWSH picks is about what i expected. Emolga and Cottonee, less so.
I already have a shiny Whimsicott, so it's only 2 pokemon to hunt this time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jan 15 2019, 06:15 AM
Post #2115

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

QUOTE(YoRHa No9 Type S @ Jan 12 2019, 03:29 PM) *
I think relative rarity also matters. As in, not what the Pokedex says, but how many people are breeding and donating them the week of the hunt.

I'm surprised that counts. TIL. I always thought it was just Pokedex rarity that mattered.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nivbird
post Jan 15 2019, 06:19 AM
Post #2116

all we gotta do is be brave and be kind~
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 782

I already have a shiny Altaria but I'm glad to see Swablu in the SWSH, because shiny Swablu and Altaria are great. Now if only I could finish task 11 of DotW faster to fully participate with Cotonee hunt >__> But that's what I get for starting this task before I go traveling, I'll hopefully be done with it by the weekend.

--------------------

Shiny collection (click to show)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jan 15 2019, 06:26 AM
Post #2117

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

Swablu was a no-brainer; I figured it would end up in the next SWSH after I saw that Novelty making the rounds. What I don't quite get is why so many people voted for Emolga. I'm astonished that many people even like Emolga's shiny form. Cottonee isn't bad, though.

And wow, 17 other people besides me voted for Chingling...maybe one day. Snorunt got startlingly less votes than I expected this time around, though.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jan 15 2019, 06:56 AM
Post #2118

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

Poor Snorunt wasn't picked again, but 19 votes isn't bad lol. I already have all the shiny forms of the chosen pokemon so I guess I'll start with Swablu for the novelty, how cliché grin.gif

On another note, I'm stuck at home for the next 3 weeks due to an accident. When I was coming back home from playing Pokemon Go on Totodile's Community Day, my left foot slipped on a little rock and bent. At first I felt a slight pain but it then kinda faded away. At home, when I took my shoe off, my god, my ankle was SO SWOLLEN, and the pain, Oh the pain. I went to the doctor and discovered one of my bones was damaged...now I have to stay at home and keep from walking too much.

However, I not only found a shiny Totodile but a shiny Swablu as well in PoGo. It's good, knowing that I live in a rural zone with not too many spawns. happy.gif

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Jan 15 2019, 06:58 AM
Post #2119

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mikaku Onchi @ Jan 15 2019, 03:56 AM) *
Poor Snorunt wasn't picked again, but 19 votes isn't bad lol. I already have all the shiny forms of the chosen pokemon so I guess I'll start with Swablu for the novelty, how cliché grin.gif

On another note, I'm stuck at home for the next 3 weeks due to an accident. When I was coming back home from playing Pokemon Go on Totodile's Community Day, my left foot slipped on a little rock and bent. At first I felt a slight pain but it then kinda faded away. At home, when I took my shoe off, my god, my ankle was SO SWOLLEN, and the pain, Oh the pain. I went to the doctor and discovered one of my bones was damaged...now I have to stay at home and keep from walking too much.

However, I not only found a shiny Totodile but a shiny Swablu as well in PoGo. It's good, knowing that I live in a rural zone with not too many spawns. happy.gif

Oh man! I'm glad to hear it wasn't worse, but being stuck at home for the next couple of weeks must suck. Congrats on the shinies, though...I worked through Community Day hours lol, so I sadly didn't obtain a shiny Totodile.

But at least if the Water Festival comes around again, I might get a shot then.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jan 15 2019, 12:01 PM
Post #2120

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

I have shiny emolga and shiny swablu. Guess I'm after cottonee

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

142 Pages V  « < 104 105 106 107 108 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:34 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.