Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Double Cross, A story of fading allegiance. (Closed)
BlackStarLine
post Oct 14 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #41

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

Daniel watched as the Water Pulse hit it's mark, he knew launching two attacks simultaneously meant that if one missed, the other wouldn't.

As Aerodactyl flew up, Daniel had a brain wave.

"Jet, use Sonicboom to push yourself further, then use swift when you're closer to Aerodactyl!" Daniel called.

With an extra boost from Sonicboom, Jet shot straight out of the cavern and into the sky until he was almost level with Aerodactyl, who was now hovering, waiting for it's next command. He then launched the strongest Swift attack he could muster before plummeting back into the relative safety of the water.

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Nov 3 2010, 04:41 AM
Post #42

Someone insane
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 77 407

Inferno

The woman in front of the quarry turned to them, attention caught by something. Well, perhaps "them" is not a proper word, and "him" would serve better. Jan followed her gaze to Oscar and his Meowth with the sparkly gem on her forehead. That would explain a lot.

"We've been spotted." hissed Jan under her breath, then paused, adding, "Hmm. No, you've been spotted. Why don't we continue with that plan, eh? I sneak in, you flirt. It's surprisingly practical, now that I think about it." That plan being practical only began with the fact that the woman had spotted them--no, him. If Jan lingered long enough for the woman to spot her as well, then they would be stuck for quite a while. She wouldn't let that happen, would she? At least Oscar would be getting what he wanted after all.

Without so much as a dismissive flick of the wrist or a pause for a reply from Oscar, Jan ducked into the bushes, aiming for the quarry, while the woman was distracted by sparkly feline gems and the man whose ego barely fit inside himself. Ember followed, except with a little tongue stuck out at her rival Diamond before heading to catch up with her trainer.

Apparently, the woman either didn't notice or was too preoccupied with Oscar, Diamond and her hair, because Jan was able to slip in without much as a glance from the her. It was dark in the tunnel, and dark just wasn't Jan's thing. "Curses. I hate dark places. Not only that, but it's starting to feel quite damp in here," Jan muttered to herself as she nearly stumbled over an unseen rock.

"Chic," agreed Ember irritably, nearly tripping over the same rock herself.

"Ember, perhaps you could spout a little fire to shed some li--Ah!" Jan stopped completely when she realized she had walked into...something. She couldn't recall any experience of vines in caves, and these were definitely not vines. Too thin and hard. She blinked several times, attempting to see a little better in the dark, staring blankly at whatever had caught her hand. Nylon...? What was nylon doing in a cave?

"Tor," said Ember, sensing something...or someone. Jan followed her Pokemon's gaze...well, look who it was.

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Nov 3 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #43

Taking over the world, starting with the pancakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 157

Uprising RP Team

Kishk blinked several times and rubbed his eyes. What the hell was she doing here? Why was it that Jan was stuck all roped-up instead of that Ponyta? Had the woman given up? Had Jan beaten her in such a small amount of time? No... That was impossible. She would've never come here alone... or would she? Kishk scratched his head and got up, still staring at her.

"Before I untie you," Kishk said, releasing Tesla from his Pokeball. "I'm gonna ask you a few questions. Ok? Ok. As a precaution, I'll keep Tesla out here to shock you if you try to resist or go all smartass on me." He gestured towards the floor and nylon. "You might have not noticed yet, but the floor is pretty wet and slippery, thanks to my little buddy Totodile over there. He's also more than capable of taking down your evil little Torchic if it tries anything funny. Oh, and NO, I haven't forgotten what that accursed Pokemon did to my old outfit." he finished, with a small pout.

Putting his overcoat back on, Kishk sat on top of the rock he was previously hiding behind.

"Let's begin, shall we?" He paused and started thinking ahead of the conversation, preparing different scenarios in his mind. "Why are you here? Who's here with you? What happened to that lady at the entrance cave?"

And why are you so damn beautiful?, he averted his eyes and tried to focus on the mission.

"Oh, and why are your teammates here as well?" he added, attempting to weed out any smart-talking possibilities.

This might take a while...

This post has been edited by Kishk: Nov 3 2010, 10:07 AM

--------------------

Hunting for: Shinies on Pokemon: Sapphire Version.

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Nov 3 2010, 11:02 AM
Post #44

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 742

PANE Party: Alex

Oscar glanced back at Jan as she hissed a whisper at him, distracted from his appreciative chick-watching. Diamond's tail flicked, and she turned her annoyed eyes onto the torchic for no particular reason other than that she could, and that Oscar's attention had been arrested and so her's had been as well.

The Magma's eyebrow raised, and his eyes flicked back to the red-head in the clearing before nodding to Jan. "Yeah, sounds like a plan. You sneak by, I get her number." He winked at her, and watched as Jan began to sneak around the bushes to get out of the woman's line of sight before he glanced back down at Diamond.

"Well, baby, looks like we've got ourselves a date." The cat-pokemon's mouth twisted up in amusement, and she stood up to her feet, stretching out her front legs before padding over to the edge of the bushes they'd been hiding in, the coin on her head twinkling as it hit the light.

"Remind me," Oscar said in an amused whisper, "to cover your head-coin for future 'stealth' missions, yeah babydoll?" The meowth made a chuckling noise in the back of her throat, and Oscar shook his head, straightening his suit (even though there hadn't been a thread out of place). A red-silk clad arm raised to offer Diamond the right of way. "After you."

Diamond's tail flicked a branch playfully as she stepped out of the bushes, glancing around the clearing before bounding ahead a step, looking back to wait for Oscar to join her. He did so not a moment later, fine leather shoes somehow clean after all that walking (it was believed by a select few among the Magma grunts that Oscar possessed the super-power of personal cleanliness).

"Good afternoon," he called pleasantly, his eyes scanning over the red-head's clothes - or, rather, uniform. Aqua, no doubt. Pity - he wasn't much a fan of Romeo and Juliet romances; they were far too much work. He came closer to her, but stopped at a 'safe' distance, which was to say, she'd probably need to pull a gun on him to be any sort of immediate threat - never let it be said that Oscar ever willingly put himself in harms way - his well being was far too precious for needless sacrifice. Diamond stopped at his heels, sitting on her haunches as her eyes followed the flitting pidgey in the air, her tongue licking at her lips hungrily.

"It seems you've spotted me and my darling meowth, so there really is no point in hiding any longer. I'd ask what such a beautiful young lady was doing out here all on her own, but then, I think I can see the reason - is that pidgey giving you trouble, perhaps?"

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:
I've been dead. I'm back. Let's get our RP on.

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Nov 3 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #45

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

Aerodactyl took the brunt of the Swift with no trouble. The ancient pokemon was rock type, to be sure, but it was one of the few with a naturally higher defense against special attacks, as well as having a type advantage against normal moves. Barely flinching, it shook the attack off like dust off of a ceiling fan. Vincent had to hand it to Buizel for its amazing feat; Aerodactyl was almost forty feet up, maybe higher, and it had bounded the distance up to get the attack in. However impressive it was, the final effort had been wasted, as the attack had amounted to nothing.

"Aerodactyl, Come down on it with Thunder Fang!"

The fossil swooped down from its aerial position and attempted to bite down on Buizel with lightning-infused teeth.

----------------

Lanette studied the young man trying so desperately to flirt his was out of whatever situation he presumed to be in. He wasn't doing anything wrong, though the suit was a little over the top, and maybe a quarry wasn't the greatest place to get a girl's number. Oh, and she was engaged.

Sliding her hands nonchalantly behind her back, Lanette wiggled at the engagement ring on her finger as she replied.

"Pidgey?" Looking in that direction, Ponyta had ceased chasing that which was not there. At that point all Lanette had cared about was that the blasted bird had ruined her hair. "I, uh....think it left. I had it under control anyway."

Realizing she could probably get away with crushing the boy's spirits, but too good natured to try, Lanette quickly snapped her hands back to her waist and shifted her weight from one leg to the other; dropping the ring from her one hand to her back pocket in the process. He was handsome, granted, and apparently rich. Probably used to getting his way. That gave her an idea. She leaned forward just a smidgen to give the kid a better 'perspective' of her body and changed her voice to a more musical tone.

"What was it you wanted, by the way? You look kinda lost out here, no offense, and I doubt you came all this way for me."

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Nov 3 2010, 07:24 PM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Nov 3 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #46

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel knew the swift wouldn't have done any real damage but it had served it's purpose. He watched as Aerodactyl hurtled after Jet, it's fangs sparking with electricity.

As it got closer, Daniel and Jet made their move.

"Jet, use Brick Break!"

Jet's paws glowed white and he shout out of the water and straight into a very startled looking Aerodactyl. Brick Break hit Aerodactyl in the middle of the chest but Jet didn't come off without a scratch. Jet's left arm had scraped along Aerodactyl's thunder fang causing some serious damage.

Jet dropped back into the water whilst Daniel tried to think of another way to surprise Vincent. Trouble was, he was fresh out of ideas.

--------------------

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Nov 5 2010, 05:17 AM
Post #47

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

"Straight to the point today, are you not?" Jan replied distastefully, attempting to release her right hand with her left, but only getting both caught. These infernal strings! If I were in broad daylight, I could untangle this messy workmanship quite easily... And another reason for Jan to hate the dark. Ember narrowed her eyes at Kishk's Totodile, disliking that threat quite thoroughly. "And yes, maybe I have noticed this disgusting mess on the floor as well." She wasn't exactly a fan of water either, especially when it meant the liquid seeping into her shoes. Simply put, the Magma was in a bad mood.

"As for your little interrogation scene, which you seem to be enjoying quite so, I would like to inform you beforehand that you aren't CSI, and I have the right to refuse any questions that get too personal." Jan hated mentioning her past, and if Kishk was planning to play detective longer than she anticipated, then she's like it for him not to pry in too much. He did seems curious in that field.

"So, your first question inquires as to my motives for coming here?" Jan frowned, disliking the quarry in the first place, ever since she entered it. "If you had any common sense, you would know the reson. You are, after all, part of the Rebellion, and I don't think you're quite the type to take leisurely strolls in dark mining facilities, weaving webs in which to catch women whom you plan to interrogate. Are you?"

Rolling her eyes, she continued to the next question. He asked who was with her, and she didn't enjoy the thought of Oscar being ambushed by a little boy and his Totodile. That would ruin his outfit, and Jan wasn't planning on coming across Oscar's ego with a ruined outfit. And so, her reply was simple. "As to if I have anybody with me, no, I in fact don't. Mark and Randy were...put under questionable duties due to their incredible cowardice on the last mission. Other than those two dolts, I work alone." Lying was easy.

"The woman outside?" Again, Oscar and his ego could get involved, so she went with the half-truth. "Her hair was messed up. She was so preoccupied with her hair that she failed to notice me entering the quarry she was guarding." Jan tossed her own blond curls out of her eyes as she strained to see the translucent strings in such dim conditions. "And your last question? As I said, no one is with me."

"Chic," approved Ember, never averting her gaze from the Totodile at its trainer's feet.

"Is that all? It's not gentlemanly to leave a young lady tangled up in a web of one's own selfish desires, you know. Both literally and figuratively."

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Nov 5 2010, 07:54 AM
Post #48

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk blinked. What the hell was CSI? Perhaps it was some sort of cop show? It probably was, but he wasn't much into watching TV. He spent most of his time drawing, training or gaming, so anything TV-related would leave him a bit out of place. Of course, this didn't mean he was misinformed about important matters. Every day a newspaper would be delivered at his dorm, courtesy of the Rebellion.

"Umm... I wasn't trying to be CSI?" he felt awkward attempting to talk about something he didn't know of. "I just wanted to know what was asked... sheesh." He rolled his eyes and got up, pulling a switchblade from his pocket.

"Back on topic... You avoided answering my first question directly, which probably means you're not exactly up-to-speed on the whole situation..." he stepped closer to her, trying to see the strings in the dark. "And for your information, taking leisurely strolls in dark mining caves is, in fact, very fun. That's how you find different kinds of Pokémon to catch or train with. As for the weaving webs, this wasn't supposed to catch a woman, or any human being, to be exact. It was supposed to tangle up her Ponyta..."

Kishk thought a little more. "Your stories seem to have lots of holes in them. If you weren't with anyone, that lady would've probably followed me here. Someone or something's keeping her busy outside, which means that either the Rebellion sent backup, which I highly doubt, or you have some friends along with you. So now basically all your answers mean nothing to me..."

Either way, she probably won't tell me the truth... I guess I can let her go. It's not very polite to leave people all tangled up and wet in some dark cave.

Kishk flipped the switchblade open and started cutting the strings, being careful not to accidentally cut Jan in the dark. Once he had finished he extended a hand out to her, offering to help her up.

"You're right. It's not polite to leave a young lady tangled up in a web. The only problem here is that it isn't selfishness, so that rules out your final statement."

This post has been edited by Kishk: Nov 5 2010, 11:44 AM

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Nov 7 2010, 04:58 AM
Post #49

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Interesting. Of course, amusing. Kishk seemed to see right through her, a master liar. Years of experience back from home. What could this mean? Were Jan's lying skills getting rusty, or was Kishk actually some sort of ace poker player? Two could play at that.

Shaking off the remaining strings around her wrists with disgust, Jan stated simply, "Well, believe what you want, but I told you what I knew. I just don't know whether you're completely clueless or some sort of wisdom guru anymore."

"Tor." Ember still seemed suspicious of Kishk's decision to release her trainer despite his doubts on her answers, thus the Torchic kept her beady eyes fixed on the Rebel threateningly. She wasn't afraid of some feisty little Totodile. If this was some sort of trap, Ember would definitely take action, against any type of Pokemon.

At the drop of the last strand, Jan muttered, "Thank you. Well, actually, that wasn't very fitting. After all, it was you who set this tangled mess in the first place. No matter."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Nov 7 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

"Wisdom guru sounds a bit weird... Let's just keep it at "kid who uses his head", ok? Also, as I had said before, the trap wasn't meant for you. Regardless of that, I could've just left you there to rot until someone decided to come along and release you." he said, returning Tesla, Totodile and his Pidgey (which had been hiding quietly behind the rock) to their respective Pokeballs. The part about leaving her to rot, though, was made of pure lies and he doubted that she'd actually believe him. "Now please excuse me. I have places to go."

Kishk turned and walked into another tunnel, heading in the direction of what seemed to be a battle. This could only mean Reeves had run into some trouble, and that trouble might quite possibly be another Aqua, judging by the woman who was standing guard outside the mine. Perhaps it was that Vincent guy again?

Looking farther into the tunnel, he noticed something he had not seen before: glowsticks. They seemed to make a path to... somewhere. Maybe Reeves had set these? It didn't really matter since Kishk would be walking around aimlessly without the glowstick path.

He didn't know if Jan was following him or not, but he decided that he'd better pick up the glowsticks, in case somebody tried to follow him. If they got lost on the way back... Well, that was another problem they'd have to deal with when the time came.

Somehow, I get the feeling Jan's gonna want some revenge for the whole interrogation thing...

Kishk sighed and walked on, picking up glowstick after glowstick.

This post has been edited by Kishk: Nov 7 2010, 03:59 PM

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Fei Fei
post Nov 10 2010, 11:12 AM
Post #51

Is totally a chick.
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 742

PANE Party: Alex

Oscar smiled back at the girl, smirk full of confident swagger. He might have forgotten about his "mission" if it hadn't been for Diamond at his feet - though she too was playing up her own charms, her presence reminded him that sometimes Jack needed to work as much as he needed to play.

Pity.

Jan would probably skin him alive if he let this one get away, to follow after her into the cave - and if he might have believed that she didn't want him dead before, he could safely bet that she'd changer her mind on that one if he let her get caught. Not that he had any personal care for her well-being - he'd only met her a scant hour ago, after all - but she was "part of the Team", and he'd feel bad if he let a little girl into danger. It was easy to forget, especially with his typically self-absorbed and entitled attitude, that he was a good few years older than her. It would damage his pride as a man if he let a girl get hurt - even if she was underage.

"Well then," he grinned, "if you've got it covered, I can stop pretending that I came over to help you." Diamond's eyes rolled languidly up to look at her master, a princess at ease even when on a mission. She was used to her master's flirting, and had been amused early by his unwillingness to tempt the child-human-girl. Now, though, this was what she was used to. Her master was her brother and her friend, and she enjoyed watching the women-humans fawn over him, knowing that no matter what, she'd always be more important than any of them. She was perfection, after all. She unconsciously straightened her tail in pride.

"You see," he continued, "I am a bit lost. My dear Diamond here ran after a pidgey in the woods - I doubt it was the same that I saw giving you trouble - and I followed after her. Needless to say, I'm hardly where I expected to be." He looked about the clearing, then back at the girl, the corner of his lip lifting from a smile to a smirk. "Though if I always found such beautiful women standing alone in the forest, I might let her run off more often. If I look out of place, then I can only wonder what a girl as lovely as yourself is doing out here. Alone."

--------------------
PANE (click to show)

PANE:
I've been dead. I'm back. Let's get our RP on.

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Nov 10 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Aerodactyl, more startled than hurt, curled into a protective ball and fell in response to the attack. It had landed cleanly on its chest but had only done mild damage. However, the rock-solid pokemon landed on top of the shrine to Kyogre, smashing it to pieces. Before his pokemon had collided into his location, Vincent had jumped clear of the mess, hands on his head as pieces of stone rained on his back from behind. One sharp piece managed to prick his fingers, drawing a few drops of bright red blood, but otherwise the trainer remained unharmed.

Standing up and dusting himself off, Vincent looked to see Aerodactyl start to take flight again and not get more than a few feet before it came back down. It seemed his pokemon was either restricted by the cavern or tired of flight; either way, it wasn't airborne at that moment. It stood, resolute, a few feet over Buizel.

"Supersonic again, Aerodactyl." A jet of sound emanated once more from the fossil's maw, shaking the ground ever so slightly around it.

-----------------

Lanette paused to think for a moment. The kid was suspicious that she was alone, and the fact that she was in uniform didn't help. He also didn't seem to notice she was trying to pass off as a whore. This was unfortunate; that had been her first approach in hopes that it would deter unnecessary questions.

"I'm actually not alone," she began. That stopped her, though, because she didn't want to say anything about Vincent. "I have my Ponyta. See?" Her pokemon trotted up next to her and whinnied cheerfully. Lanette stroked the fiery mane as she pressed on with her lie. "I'm out on a....secret mission. It's classified...Magma...information."

The boy was too well dressed and too conveniently placed to not be a faction member. He did, however, seem legitimately interested in her, so she played it up a bit more instead of trying to explain her presence. "My name's Lanette. Do you, uh, meet lots of girls in your adventures?"

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Nov 10 2010, 07:26 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Nov 16 2010, 04:24 AM
Post #53

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

Jan stared after the boy, long and hard. Was he going after him? She would seem too attatched, and such a spacey boy might think she was making an attempt at something if she was so quick to follow. That, and an angry cry called her to turn.

A Mawile. The young Pokemon carried herself with poise, but also looked defiant, her unusually blue eyes vicious. Simply, she could be comparable to some young teenage girl who was dumped by her first date, but wanted to look like it didn't bother her at all. Jan was amused at the comparison. "Why, what a pleasant little Mawile. Hello, there."

"Wile," frowned the Pokemon. As if to release her pent-up anger, the Mawile let out a deafening shout, causing Ember to flinch and Jan to cover her ears. Apparently, it was an Astonish attack.

"Impolite little Pokemon, are we?" Despite her rude act, Jan found the Mawile quite an interesting Pokemon. She smirked. "I like that."

Mawile lunged forward for a Bite in response, but Ember got out of the way, scratching her in response. And so, the battle began.

((Not feeling up for it right now, sorry. @_@))

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Nov 28 2010, 06:02 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Kishk was walking in silence, following the glowing trail and picking up the glowsticks as he passed, when something caught his attention: a purple- and gray-ish form was hurtling towards him at an amazing speed, dodging the wooden support beams with ease. Sometimes, it even seemed to go through the beams, although it might have been the sheer speed of it playing tricks on Kishk's eyes. Either ways, it probably wasn't something good.

Pulling Growlithe's Pokéball off its place on the belt, Kishk readied himself for a battle. It was hard to tell what the figure was, but judging by the fact that it had a purple hue, it must be one of Kishk's worst nightmares: A ZUBAT! Kishk shuddered at the thought of facing the Pokémon whose only duty (or so it seemed) was to confuse his Pokémon and cause them to run around wildly, banging their heads against the walls and hurting their trainer (or, in Growlithe's case, making barbecue out of Kishk). Zubat truly was a Pokémon Kishk detested.

Freeing Growlithe from his Pokéball (and attempting to push away the memories of what happened the last time Growlithe got confused), Kishk watched as the Zubat rushed towards him. When it finally came to halt, Kishk was both relieved and worried. It wasn't a Zubat, but it wasn't exactly the best Pokémon to encounter while trying to get somewhere: It was a Shuppet.

The moment the Shuppet saw Growlithe, it headed straight for him, eyes glowing ominously. Their surroundings darkened as all the glowsticks were extinguished by whatever attack the Shuppet was using. And as Kishk's Growlithe began contorting in pain, eyes swimming in tears, he realized it was a Night Shade attack.

"Growlithe! Snap out of it! Use Ember!" he yelled, attempting to distract Growlithe from the pain.

Hang in there a little longer, Reeves...

This post has been edited by Kishk: Nov 28 2010, 06:04 PM

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Nov 29 2010, 02:42 PM
Post #55

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel could see that Aerodactyl was getting tired and probably couldn't last much longer. Aerodactyl had launched another supersonic attack that was now hurting Daniels ears rather than Jets.

"Jet, we need to shut this thing up! Send it a Sonicboom sandwich!" Daniel called. The Supersonic attack was beginning to hurt Daniels head.

Jet jumped out of the water and launched 3 separate Sonicbooms at Aerodactyls mouth, as they traveled through the air they formed into a row, one after the other.

"That'll shut him up and hopefully cause some damage.." Daniel thought.

--------------------

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Dec 23 2010, 05:15 AM
Post #56

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

The Mawile was faster than Ember, so to speak, and was able to squeeze in a second Astonish before Ember was able to get back on her feet from the Scratch she pulled off. The sudden scream caused Ember to flinch, stumbling and landing on the ground.

"Don't let it get the better of you." despite the bad start to the battle, Jan was still considerably calm. After all, Ember had a type advantage in the situation, although the wild Pokemon was faster. "Attack it with Ember." Mawile moved in to attack further, but Ember was able to pick herself up and fire a stream of tiny flames towards the Pokemon, causing considerable damage. Mawile, however, was not ready to give up. No matter how many times Ember insisted on firing attacks at her, she would refuse to give in, still seeming frustrated over something neither Jan or Ember new about.

After a considerable amount of time, Jan grew frustrated herself. The Mawile kept picking herself up and running around when Jan finally got her down, leaving no opportunity for Jan to throw a Pokeball at it. The wild Pokemon was now panting hard from all the damage she had recieved, yet she pushed herself to run around and fight. Finally, she decided on one thing: "Kepp scratching, Ember. Don't stop."

Ember, also now damaged and frustrated, seemed a bit confused by the order, pausing for the briefest of moments before obliging. She trusted her trainer, after all, and endlessly pummeling the annoying Mawile seemed like a good stress reliever at the moment.

Mawile managed to thrust her paws to block the brunt of the blows in time, but with each Scratch, she was forced a step backwards by the intensity of the blow. And finally, she figured it out: She was now stuck between two boulders, Ember blocking one exit, a wall blocking the other.

"It's about time," smirked Jan, mirroring her Pokemon's triumphant expression and contrasting her target's dumbfounded one. She took an empty Pokeball from her pocket, clicking it to enlarge. "Next time you battle, Mawile, dear, take note of a strategy. Well, Mawile's not your name anymore. I think I prefer Serissa; don't you?"

Mawile, or Serissa, to Jan's decision, seemed utterly ticked off at the notion, but there was nothing she could do about it when the Pokeball flew her way, forcing her inside. She attempted to escape, but it was inevitable that she was already severely weakened, and the Pokeball's shaking eventually stopped.

Jan slowly trodded to the captured Mawile. She picked up the still Pokeball and whispered, "It's fine. I'll take good care of you," before stashing it with the others. She patted her faithful Torchic's head. "Good job back there, Ember."

The torchic chirped as her trainer stood up and started towards the direction Kishk ran off to. "Now, to chase down a certain pesky little boy..."

--------------------
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Dec 26 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Aerodactyl was unable to fight any longer, no doubt ready to faint. It caused what felt like a thunderous earthquake as it collapsed on the ground. The last assault on Buizel's part was causing it strain, and Vincent could tell it was done. Instinctively he reached for the Aerodactyl's pokeball, ready to return it and continue the fight with his next pokemon, but was halted by a quiet kzzz-BOOP! from his belt. Vincent's boss was talking, no doubt, though the radio's volume was muted almost completely.

The he remembered Lanette. His mission. The diamond compass in his left hand.

Instantly he knew it was time to leave. Vincent took the crystal and threw it straight down into the stone, shattering it into hundreds of shards. Looking up at Daniel, he smiled. "You broke that, if anyone asks. Oh, and I'm afraid I can't stay any longer. Goodbye, Daniel. Let's do this again sometime, shall we?" And, without another word, Aerodactyl sprang up and grabbed Vincent in its talons. The pair flew through the air all the way back to the quarry, where the giant fossil dropped its trainer and finally collapsed in exhaustion, unable to continue flying.

Vincent was worried he wouldn't be able to get back to base now, as Aerodactyl was out for the count. Normally a pokemon could fly even when ready to faint, but on top of being exhausted, his pokemon was badly beaten. Rocks were only so tough....

---------------

Lanette heard a loud noise that sounded like an avalanche, and wheeled around to see what had happened in time to see her fiancé dusting himself off. Hastily she turned back to a confused Oscar and smiled sweetly. "I, uh....I need to go. That's my ride, you see. Let's meet again sometime, for dinner or something." Then, making a 'yeah right' expression as she rotated, Lanette ran to where Vincent stood and embraced him quickly. "What happened?"

"I'm fine, I'll explain later. You got any potions?"

"Right here. Why?"

"I need a few."

"How many?"

"All of them."

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Dec 28 2010, 10:28 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Jan 3 2011, 03:33 PM
Post #58

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Well that was anti-climactic... I would've expected him to keep fighting until either Jet or Aerodactyl had fainted.." Daniel said as he watched Vincent fly away.

He turned to Jet who was looking just as confused as he was. "Nice work. You almost had it." Daniel returned Jet to his pokeball before going to examine the shards of the crystal.

"Hmm... Interesting... I could probably do something interesting with these shards." He pulled a small bag from his back pocket and placed as many shards as he could find in the bag before heading back the way he came.

This post has been edited by IceColdGlaceon: Jan 3 2011, 05:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Jan 4 2011, 06:23 PM
Post #59

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

"Sorry." Paul said to the Pokemon while quickly backing up. The Electrike shot a bolt of electricity at him, it wasn't far off, but it looked powerful. "Is that a warning or bad aim?" He asked himself right before getting hit by the second bolt. "Urg... Fine, go Mareep!" He said as he pulled the Pokeball from his pocket and pressed the button.

"Use Thundershock!" The Mareep started surging with electricity before firing off a large bolt that was easily dodged with a Quick Attack. "Tackle!" He yelled. The Electrike managed to zoom around the Mareep as it charged towards it and hit it from behind.

"It's to fast... I've got to find out a way to slow it down..." He thought to himself. "Thunderwave!" The Mareep fired off a wave of static that the Electrike jumped over to land another Quick attack. "This is impossible! Wait, doesn't Mareep learn another move that slows Pokemon down? It's like Cotton something..."

While Paul was talking to himself, a bolt hit his Mareep. "Oh, woops... Use Cotton Swabs!" Paul said unsure of the actual name of the attack. The Mareep just looked back at him with a questionable face. "Cotton... Spore?" Paul asked it. Then the Mareep looked back at the Electrike and fired of cotton balls in all directions which slowly floated around the battlefield and attached to the Electrike when they came in contact with it slowing it down quite a bit.

"Yeah! Now finish it off with--" Paul was cut off when something zoomed by hitting his Mareep knocking it over. Paul saw another Pokemon that looked a bit like Electrike. "Guess your it's parent huh?" The Manactric just looked over at Paul with an angry face before hitting the Mareep with a Thunderbolt.

Mareep slowly got back up looking quite weak. "Come on Mareep, you've got to win this somehow!" Just then, Mareep turned a bright white and Paul was forced to look away. When he looked back, Mareep wasn't there anymore, but a pink sheep Pokemon. Paul wondering what it what had happened looked at it. "Is that you Mareep?" Paul asked it which it responded with a nod.

"Alright, don't know what happened, but hopefully you still know your moves. Use Charge!" The Pokemon began storing electricity as the Manactric and Electrike charged towards it. "Now use Thundershock, and give it everything you have!" The Pokemon unleashed the stored energy with a large burst launching it in all directions doing major damage to both the Pokemon, and Paul. The two Pokemon quickly backed off and left while Paul fell to the ground, electricity still running through him.

"Well, that was powerful. What was that?" Paul wondered. "Guess I'll have to get used to your more powerful shocks now, huh? Thanks Mareep." Paul said still having no idea what happened or what the new Pokemon was called.

Paul laid back his head landing on something round and hard. He quickly got back up hoping it wasn't a Geodude, and spun around. It was a Pokeball. it was Eevee's Pokeball. Paul picked up the Pokeball and let the Pokemon out to make sure it was Eevee. "There you are!" Paul said after he saw the Eevee appear in a white flash. I was worried about you. Now, maybe we can find Cyndaquil."

Paul looked around to see the Ralts still watching him intently. "Wait, do you want to be my Pokemon?" He asked it. It nodded. "Well OK, dunno why after you know I just lost two of my Pokemon." Paul took out a Pokeball and pressed it against the Ralts. The ball shook a few times then beeped. "Well, guess you guys have a new friend. Now we just need to find Cyndaquil and everything will be fine." It was then that he noticed that he cared more about his Pokemon than about finding his parrents. Suddenly he wasn't sure what to do next.

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kishk
post Jan 6 2011, 03:26 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

Uprising RP Team

Growlithe was still dazed from the Night Shade, causing him to miss the Ember and hit one of the wooden beams holding up part of the tunnel. As the fire spread throughout the beam, several cracks and groans emitted from the entire structure. Kishk soon realized that if he didn't stop that fire soon, something really bad was going to happen.

He started to pull Totodile's Pokeball off its place in the belt, when the Shuppet turned its attention to him. While Growlithe was still recovering, pawing at its head, the Shuppet attacked Kishk with Night Shade. He barely had enough time to release Totodile before everything except him and the Shuppet went completely dark, and a sharp pain began building inside his head. It reached an almost intolerable level in just a matter of seconds when it suddenly stopped. Kishk fell to the floor, clutching his head and trying to see what had made the Shuppet stop attacking him.

Looking ahead, he saw that the Shuppet was pinned to one of the cave's walls by a continuous Water Gun attack from his Totodile. When the Totodile stopped for a breath of air, a continuous burst of Ember coming from the now-recovered Growlithe kept the Shuppet pinned. Seeing a chance to end this battle, Kishk fumbled with the zipper on his backpack until it opened. Taking one of the empty Pokeballs out, he clumsily threw it at the Shuppet, who was forced inside it. The button on it glowed red as the Pokeball rolled around feebly, until it finally came to a halt in front of Kishk.

"Ow... You're pretty powerful," he paused and thought for a while, rubbing his head. "Vitória." he finished, patting the Pokeball and placing it on his belt. Looking up, he noticed that the beams were now smoking slightly and giving off a bad smell, instead of being on fire. "I guess you took care of the fire, eh Totodile?"

"To-dile!" replied the Pokemon, hugging his trainer's leg.

"Growlithe, you should get some rest. You've had enough action for today." The Growlithe looked delighted as it was sent back into its Pokeball. "So... I guess we should get out of here before this section collapses." The smoking beams seemed to be barely holding up the tunnel.

Before he could get up, though, he heard hurrying footsteps. Soon enough, Reeves came into view, illuminated by the green glow emitting from the glowsticks that remained farther ahead into the tunnel system. Kishk hoped that his presence meant that whatever trouble he had run into ahead was now gone. But then again, not every threat behind them was gone...

This time I'll finish our battle, and I WILL win!

This post has been edited by Kishk: Jan 9 2011, 05:58 PM

--------------------

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:39 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.