Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Seeking: (Semi) Advanced 1x1 RP in Kalos (CLOSED)
Huntress Wizard
post Jan 17 2014, 04:23 PM
Post #41

C'mon, grab your friends!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 102 033

PANE: Roxxy Mauden

You're good Kurutto. Maybe, since Jacques was closest, only he heard the poor Mantyke's squeaking and once he's finished with the group he'll go investigate? Unless you already had an idea; I don't want to be stepping on your lines.

--------------------

~~~~~

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jan 17 2014, 08:47 PM
Post #42

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

Considering how expensive incenses are in the Pokemon world, they're practically rich stealing a boatload of them.

Even better on them if they decide to keep a lotta Luck Incenses for themselves. If I remember correctly, one of Team Flare's philosophies is surviving via money and power.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 18 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 429

Red Team

QUOTE(Huntress Wizard @ Jan 17 2014, 03:23 PM) *
You're good Kurutto. Maybe, since Jacques was closest, only he heard the poor Mantyke's squeaking and once he's finished with the group he'll go investigate? Unless you already had an idea; I don't want to be stepping on your lines.

When I first saw your post, I did not read about the Mantyke yet, so I was confused. I did not have anything in particular prior to your post, so, I could think about it. The only problem is, Jacques could not easily wander from the group in search of the downed Mantyke, and by the time he was done with his group business, the Mantyke might have already disappeared.

What do you think? Jacques bonding with a wounded Mantyke sounds adorable, though.
Maybe he captures it in a Poké Ball, catches up with his crew, and takes it to the Pokémon Center later...

Edit: Urk, just realized that it was a way for him to walk over to where everyone else is, not to catch and heal the Mantyke. Clever! The problem still remains, however, regarding him heading back over there when he obviously should not be doing that, being recruited for a mission, and all.

QUOTE(Infestissumam @ Jan 17 2014, 07:47 PM) *
Considering how expensive incenses are in the Pokemon world, they're practically rich stealing a boatload of them.

Even better on them if they decide to keep a lotta Luck Incenses for themselves. If I remember correctly, one of Team Flare's philosophies is surviving via money and power.

Phew! I did something right for once, Mam, by placing incense in the ships in question. I may counsel you for further Team-Flare-nefarious-plans in the future if I get stuck.

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 18 2014, 01:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jan 18 2014, 06:43 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Aw, Jacques bonding with an injured Mantyke would've been cute. Atlantis threw it back into the sea, though. Sorry about that...

Perhaps once the plan (getting onto the ship somehow and carting off the incense, I assume) he could be like "Okay, sounds like a good plan but since I am Soaking Wet I probably shouldn't do the thing so I'll leave it in your capable hands." Sort of bow out gracefully and then go investigate.

Or he could even say "I think I heard a Mantyke squeaking, Imma go see if it needs help while you guys carry on." The other grunts would probably be glad to be rid of him, if I'm reading the subtext right.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Jan 18 2014, 11:17 AM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

QUOTE(Huntress Wizard @ Jan 18 2014, 05:43 AM) *
Aw, Jacques bonding with an injured Mantyke would've been cute. Atlantis threw it back into the sea, though. Sorry about that...

Perhaps once the plan (getting onto the ship somehow and carting off the incense, I assume) he could be like "Okay, sounds like a good plan but since I am Soaking Wet I probably shouldn't do the thing so I'll leave it in your capable hands." Sort of bow out gracefully and then go investigate.

Or he could even say "I think I heard a Mantyke squeaking, Imma go see if it needs help while you guys carry on." The other grunts would probably be glad to be rid of him, if I'm reading the subtext right.

The Mantyke can always crawl back to shore and then collapse on the beach... it'll find it's way of coming back, right?
I think having a Mantyke would be interesting to Jacque's development and interactions with other. The rumor goes that he is deathly and spazzily afraid of flying-types, which is not true. Someone would probably come up to him (probably Noibat guy) and bother him about it before producing a pokemon of his actual fear. I don't know.

All those ideas sound great, but... He would have to contradict himself by saying "I'm too wet to do stuff" in various ways, but perhaps Noibat guy was making him so uncomfortable that he would be willing to check out "a noise from perhaps a spy. We don't want anyone listening in."
Hmm...

Edit: Got it! The grunts' planning involve using big birds like Fearow, and upon hearing this, Jacques makes an excuse about the squeaking of the Mantyke among other things and skedaddles.

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Jan 18 2014, 11:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Jan 24 2014, 03:20 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Anyone out there?

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jan 24 2014, 11:07 PM
Post #47

Janitor
Group Icon

wat

Reporting.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Feb 1 2014, 01:00 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

I'm sorry, guys. I'll make sure to post by today.

Edit: I got a post in! Check the RP thread.

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Feb 1 2014, 04:05 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Feb 2 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #49

Group Icon

Awesome! Unfortunately, it is now I who is the busy one. So hopefully I can get a post in today, but it might have to wait until Monday.

EDIT: Okay, I managed something at least.

This post has been edited by Huntress Wizard: Feb 4 2014, 06:55 AM

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Feb 6 2014, 12:00 PM
Post #50

Janitor
Group Icon

wat

If it gets to my turn in the next two days, note that I will be on a bus until Saturday.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Feb 6 2014, 01:00 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

I currently don't have power at my house, so Kurutto, it might take me a say or two to reply if you do before the weekend.

Mum - I'll see if I can get Roxxy to interact with your character so you're not just standing there. She could use the distraction, at any rate.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Feb 15 2014, 02:12 AM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

I should be back and in business. If not, then I am doing schoolwork happy.gif

I am sorry for making that last post (last few posts, actually) ultra-awkward for your characters. It's just that I was really inspired and could not help but write such a sappy post.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Feb 15 2014, 07:39 AM
Post #53

Group Icon

It's all right, I understand. The only reason I've been checking so frequently is because we've had like ten snowdays since February started, so I have a lot of free time. Not sure if you've heard about this crazy storm on the East Coast of North American...? Anyway, since I am such a huge procrastinator, I still have homework to do, so I'll whip something up after that.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Feb 18 2014, 07:21 PM
Post #54

Janitor
Group Icon

wat

Sorry for the slowness of my reply. I'll be working on it in a bit tonight, I've just been really busy these past couple of days.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Feb 19 2014, 05:17 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

Oh yeah, if you need to, feel free to "drag" Roxxy to the Pokemon Center with you. And then Kurutto, you can "drag" her to the cafe if you so desire.

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Feb 22 2014, 09:24 PM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

I plan on drawing out scenes of this role-play, but before I can do that, I need some confirmation with Hunter, who has no drawing reference of her character that I know of.

Mam, life is easier with a drawn-out reference, right? It's convenient that you have a ref of Jay right on dA.

Hunter, tell me if this resembles your character in the slightest or reflects your image of her.
I relied on your description, which was very nice! I just did not know how short her hair was, so I just made up a hairstyle for her. There is a scar right below the left eye, but it does not look very good. Sorry! I did not focus on it so much.

Please don't be disappointed in the quality; for the more serious drawings, I will use a different program and they will look nicer. I promise.

So, Hunter, if there is an error in this design I made up for Roxxy, edit it on some paint program or something or just tell me what I should do to fix it.

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Feb 22 2014, 09:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Feb 23 2014, 12:50 AM
Post #57

Janitor
Group Icon

wat

Yeah. Speaking of which I should start working on an animated gif of dear Jay charging forward or something.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Feb 23 2014, 08:45 AM
Post #58

Group Icon

Holy hell, no one's ever drawn Roxxy for me before! That's amazing!

I am, at heart, a writer, so I've been working with a bit of a vague image of her in my head for a while. But you totally nailed her, oh my gosh!

That is literally one of the nicest things someone has ever done. Just...wow!

This post has been edited by Huntress Wizard: Feb 23 2014, 05:12 PM

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

Kurutto
post Mar 12 2014, 09:54 AM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Red Team

I promise a response soon, and hopefully the ball will get rolling again.

I have an inquiry for you all. Can you suggest to me nicknames for the Mantyke?
You can try squeaky names to be funny, but Jacques would most likely not want to name it as such, because... you know... He made that clear.

The Mantyke, despite being addressed as a male by default, is, in fact, female.
Jacques does go about a naming trend, and that is by the theme of literature and plays. For example, Hermia the Gogoat's name is from "A Midsummer Night's Dream." The name could be from an imaginary literary work, though, as is the Golurk's name.

Thanks, guys, for bearing with me.

This post has been edited by Kurutto: Mar 12 2014, 09:55 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Huntress Wizard
post Mar 12 2014, 09:59 AM
Post #60

Group Icon

No problem! Roxxy's not a very good reader, so she never got past middle - school - level chapter books and won't be much help. But perhaps Hermione, Ginny, or Luna?

--------------------

~~~~~

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.