Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Y2K Syndrome~OOC & SU Thread, The side effects
Mercutio3
post Jun 11 2014, 12:50 PM
Post #21

The third and only!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 56 656

Kiwis

Okay, accepted. I'm hoping that we could get ooone more person (at least) before we start. Quo said she was coming back, but then ended up only being back for a day... irritated.gif I wonder what happened?

Well, I hope somebody joins soon.

--------------------

Credits!! (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 12 2014, 12:00 PM
Post #22

Flamefriends
Group Icon

Member No.: 200 466

My Dream Team~

How about, if someone new hasn't signed up in a week, I'll make another Y2K character and then we start? This way, there's less room for this RP to die

--------------------
Wait, who's "Flame?" I see no "Flame" here, and I doubt there ever will be a "Flame," in plain sight or otherwise. Besides, you wouldn't call, sweet, precious Flare by any other name, would you?

You want to read my webcomic? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 12 2014, 02:53 PM
Post #23

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

Sounds good. I've been considering a second character myself. We'll start no later than the 15th (one week since the first post), and if somebody else signs up before then, awesome- we'll start as soon as I accept them. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 13 2014, 09:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bonnie Clyde
post Jun 13 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #24

You're filled with DETERMINATION
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 120 895

Faves <3

Character's Name: Xaia Jumich (Zay-uh Jew-mitch is how it is pronounced)

Nickname(s): Xaia

Personality: She used to be nice, but she turned somewhat dark after years of being ignored, bullied, and neglected. She keeps to herself and is very possessive. She stays away from public places. Sometimes, if someone makes her mad enough, she gets violent (fist-fighting mainly, she resorts to other stuff is she feels like someone will try to really hurt her or kill her). She sometimes becomes quite curious about stuff and likes to investigate anything unusual. However, she always keeps the information she finds to herself. She also likes nature and being outside. She enjoys doing things that have to do with electronic devices, such as playing games and listening to music. She's nice to people that help her and is nice to her. She's also sarcastic sometimes.

History: Her parents died (in a way unknown to her) when she was still quite young and was passed around in foster home by foster home. She was neglected in each foster home she was in and her foster brothers and sisters she had were always mean to her. Since she moved a lot, she never became good at getting friends (but this is also because nobody was ever nice to her). She eventually ran away when she was 10 and survived by thieving. She also forged several things (like a driver's license and stuff) to make her appear to be an adult, this has helped her get a small place to live and a motorcycle (also some jobs to pay for this stuff).

Appearance: She has black hair and green eyes. She usually wears a black hoodie with dark blue in certain spots on it. Her pants are the same colors and design. Her shoes have the same colors, but a different design. She's 96 pounds and is 5 feet and 7 inches tall.
Kind of like this. (click to show)

Type 2 Abilities: People instinctively dislike her a lot, slightly decreased strength and slightly increased speed, increased sight, empathy towards plants, and high tolerance to cold.

Type 3 Ability: Telekinesis & mind reader. She doesn't use this power that often, however, at least in extreme ways (she gets very worn out if she uses her powers in extreme ways). She mainly uses it to carry things if she has too much to carry or to use her telekinesis to bring things to her while she's doing something (like bringing soda to her while she's playing video games). Her mind reading ability is less often used, and she usually only uses it if she thinks someone is up to something.

Whose inbox are we going to spam if s/he joins?: The Shadow.

Other: She's not as smart as others her age in things that are normally taught in school, but she has very good computer skills and is great at hacking into stuff.

Edited because I forgot to add height and stuff.

This post has been edited by Bonnie Clyde: Jun 14 2014, 09:30 PM

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=][/spoiler]

CHAOS CONTROL[/align]
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 13 2014, 09:25 PM
Post #25

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

Wooh yay! grin.gif I'll start the thread soon. Accepted!

EDIT: smugnod.gif (<-The thread)

@Bonnie Clyde: Uh, it's not like it's a big deal or anything like that, but 96 pounds for 5'7 is extreeeemely skinny. Like... WAY underweight. It's not like it matters much to the RP or anything, just... yeah. I'm only a few inches taller than that, but uh I am nowhere close to 96 pounds XP If that's what you were going for, I eat my words.

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 15 2014, 12:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Bonnie Clyde
post Jun 15 2014, 11:14 PM
Post #26

You're filled with DETERMINATION
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 120 895

Faves <3

Well, I looked up regular heights and weights for 14-year-old girls, and I just made her weight a little less and her height a little taller. She just doesn't have much muscle and has a high metabolism, making her weigh less (I guess).

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=][/spoiler]

CHAOS CONTROL[/align]
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 15 2014, 11:56 PM
Post #27

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

Makes sense, I see how you got those numbers. Her BMI does fall under "Very Severely Underweight," though. Like I said, not a big deal for the purpose of the RP.

--------------------

+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 16 2014, 11:01 AM
Post #28

Flamefriends
Group Icon

My Dream Team~

SHE'S A STICK! Clyde, I'm thin at 4 feet 11 and 108 pounds. This girl is WAY too skinny. If you want thin, 130 pounds should be fine.

--------------------
Wait, who's "Flame?" I see no "Flame" here, and I doubt there ever will be a "Flame," in plain sight or otherwise. Besides, you wouldn't call, sweet, precious Flare by any other name, would you?

+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 18 2014, 01:13 PM
Post #29

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

^Um, yeah. She's at the point where her ribs would be showing and it would physically affect her in a largely negative way. Like, she'd have a huge disadvantage in fights. Her muscles would be unbelievably weak. She wouldn't be able to move as fast, and she wouldn't be strong at all. So...

@Shadow: You put the location as Texas, but then in the history said she's now in Arizona? So, um, I'm going to stick with Arizona (at least I've been there once before??) as Presea's location.

--------------------

+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 18 2014, 01:43 PM
Post #30

Flamefriends
Group Icon

My Dream Team~

And actually, 130 is probably a stretch. She'd probably be better off with being at least 145 pounds.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Jun 18 2014, 02:55 PM
Post #31

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

nononononononnononononono

She was BORN in Texas. But she now resides in Arizona.

This post has been edited by The Shadow: Jun 18 2014, 02:57 PM

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 18 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #32

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

Yeah, that's what I guessed. You just put Texas as her location.

EDIT: Okay so, I'm going to be at a no-tech camp for a week (this Sunday until Saturday). I feel really bad about having to leave for a week so soon after start, and I'm trying to think of things to do that would excuse my absence but still let you guys RP without me. I'm thinking Braxio could be captured, and I could type up posts in advance about Braxio's solo journey, then send them to one of you and ask you to post each one on a specific day so Braxio doesn't die. Of course, one of you would have to be willing, and it's a bit of a responsibility, and I don't want to force something like that onto anyone. That would explain my absence, but the problem still stands that you all would need to have something for your characters to actively work towards/do during the next week. If any of you have brilliant ideas, now is a great time.

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 20 2014, 03:05 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

DomanDragon
post Jun 20 2014, 11:00 AM
Post #33

burning red egypt doggo
Group Icon

Member No.: 216 589

Favorites

Character's Name: Taren Garedner
Nickname(s): TG
Personality: Taren's always been a gamer, his favorite being Sonic the Hedgehog. He also loves adventure, and is incredibly social and imaginative, his imagination helping with his building habit. He is incredibly helpful when it comes to cheering people up.
History: He lived a fairly normal life, aside from going into the woods each weekend. He'd written tales of heroes with the powers he didn't have yet, and wondered what it would be like to have those powers. That all became real when he was redirected...
Appearance: Almost looks like a spitting image of John Egbert. Brown hair, brown eyes, and a wristlet with a red stone inside. Is 5'9" and tends to wear gray gloves with one spike on the back of each.
Type 2 Abilities: 1, 2, 1, 2, and 1
Type 3 Ability: Pyrokinesis (Can control flames, basically just the ability to create flames out of thin air. After he uses it for 5 minutes, he must recharge for 7 minutes. If that's not allowed I can change it. )
Whose inbox are we going to spam if s/he joins?: Idk who I want it to happen to... Just someone random.
Other: Taren's quite the amateur inventor. He's also a bit of an otaku, so watch out for his inspired inventions!

This post has been edited by iamgamer215: Jun 20 2014, 12:47 PM

--------------------

Yeah so it'd be cool if you checked out my tumblr
(Avatars courtesy of Threefolder, Cynthx, and KamekSans.)
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 20 2014, 11:28 AM
Post #34

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

I would love to accept you, but I have to ask you to read those rules one more time.

His Type 3 ability is fine, but can you go a little more in-detail? Like, he can physically control flames, but how far does that go? Can he just shoot fireballs, or can he control temperature, size, etc of fire? Also, what would the restrictions and limitations be? (It would undoubtedly drain his energy, but anything else?)

Kayrinda's character Viivi's sign up is a good example of somebody who chose their own power:

QUOTE(Kayrinda @ Jun 8 2014, 03:27 PM) *
Type 2 Abilities: ~People instinctively like you a lot ~Slightly decreased strength and slightly increased speed ~Increased hearing ~Empathy towards plants ~High tolerance to cold
Type 3 Ability: Light Manipulation
Limitations: Viivi needs a source of light - even electric goes, but she prefers sunlight. Using her powers makes her tired and hungry over time, but she can restore herself by sleeping and eating. She might also get hurt by her own attacks and she needs to stay focused all the time while using her powers, or she might release too much power. If she uses too much, her body may eventually burst to flames (but that is only when she has totally used all of her energy to the last drop).

No, you don't have to provide a link (in fact, for your character's power, I'd sort of prefer you didn't), the example is more for just her good description of the restrictions.

Thanks for signing up and reading this! happy.gif

EDIT: I glanced at your profile and you are exactly 4 days older than me o_O.gif

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 20 2014, 11:30 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

DomanDragon
post Jun 20 2014, 12:47 PM
Post #35

burning red egypt doggo
Group Icon

Member No.: 216 589

Favorites

Fixed.

--------------------

Yeah so it'd be cool if you checked out my tumblr
(Avatars courtesy of Threefolder, Cynthx, and KamekSans.)
+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 20 2014, 01:20 PM
Post #36

Flamefriends
Group Icon

My Dream Team~

*cough*yourestillmissingsomething*cough*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 20 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #37

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

QUOTE(iamgamer215 @ Jun 20 2014, 12:00 PM) *
Can control flames, basically just the ability to create flames out of thin air. After he uses it for 5 minutes, he must recharge for 7 minutes. If that's not allowed I can change it.

Erm, you're not quite there. If you want a better idea of some fair limitations, I again redirect you to Viivi's limitations, as well as Braxio's limitations, Melody's limitations, and an unclaimed power with limitations. The only power without proper limitations is Insomnia, and that's only because it's not... arealpower... and it has really no use in fighting and such except that this character doesn't get tired and can keep guard well and such. Also, it has the built-in drawbacks of no dreams and excessive boredom. Here are said limitations:

Spoiler (click to showhide)

QUOTE(flamefiends @ Jun 20 2014, 02:20 PM) *
*cough*yourestillmissingsomething*cough*

/catches cold from Flare/ *coughcoughcoughshe'srightcoughhack*

--------------------

+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 20 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #38

Flamefriends
Group Icon

My Dream Team~

Oh, did I give you a cold? I'm sorry... We should get this cough we have checked out.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 20 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #39

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

Yes, we should... let's see if iag215 can do something about it once he is back online.

Also, speaking of limitations, I should have stressed how tired/sore/hungry Braxio would have been after those flies. facepalm.gif He probably would be feeling better at this point (or like by the morning of the plane trip?) but up until then he would've felt pretty bleh. Sorry guys.

--------------------

+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 20 2014, 03:57 PM
Post #40

Flamefriends
Group Icon

My Dream Team~

I forgive you. Was Melody's weakened state good enough? I need to know these things.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.