Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Advice for a first-time summoner?, i scream
Tezzeret
post Oct 14 2015, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Steel-Type Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 235 097

Gym Leader Team

so i got an enigma stone a while ago (i forget exactly where from, but it's in my inventory) and i kinda want to summon it. the thing is, it would be the first time i'd be summoning any kind of egg, and i'm really nervous about it! (mfw anxiety shakefist.gif )do you all have any advice on how to successfully summon an egg? thank you all!

--------------------

Tezzeret, Seeker of Truth

3DS Friend Code: 1177-8224-2961
Find me on: Tumblr | Flight Rising | Dragon Cave | Goatlings | Steam | Deviantart
I may seem rather cold and aloof at times, but I am a very friendly person, so please don't be afraid to message me or add me to your palpad! i'm also fluent in HTML and BBCode, so feel free to ask me for help with that!
I use this site for all my X/Y sprites. They also have shiny sprites, so I highly suggest it.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Oct 14 2015, 10:10 PM
Post #2

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

First of all, summon when there are as few eggs in the Lab as possible. As of the time of typing this sentence, there are 419 eggs in the Lab, and that's actually a good number within which to summon. 300-something used to be the earlier ideal number, but due to the influx of more Pokémon species, that number's been upped to around 400-something as being ideal. If you really want that summon, don't do it when there's a multiplier (there isn't now) and there's 1000 eggs in the Lab.

Also, purchase the Summon Power with your Pass Orbs if you have any to spare. It extends the time you have to pick up your egg to 10 minutes as opposed to 5.

One note of advice with the Enigma Stone is to know which egg descriptions belong to legendary Pokémon. We can't divulge the descriptions, but certain words do stick out a lot of the time.

Finally, if you don't have something in your Pokédex, use a Repel. It'll show you your summon if you didn't obtain that egg yet. happy.gif

Edit: Oh, one more thing: purchase the Wide Lens accessory. You can see five eggs instead of four with it.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Tezzeret
post Oct 14 2015, 10:36 PM
Post #3

Steel-Type Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 235 097

Gym Leader Team

that really helps a lot, actually! i didn't know about the repels, so i'll definitely check those out. i'll probably go on an egg grabbing spree beforehand too, now that i know.

i've definitely got some pass orbs to spare, so i'll grab the summon power. and i've researched my egg descriptions before, so i think i'm pretty good with those. did totally skip over a mew egg the other day though. -_-2.gif

one last question about the repel: i did pick up a shaymin in the safari zone the other day, (my fav legendary too) but it was pre-hatched. would that still count as being blocked by the repel? oh.gif

--------------------

Tezzeret, Seeker of Truth

3DS Friend Code: 1177-8224-2961
Find me on: Tumblr | Flight Rising | Dragon Cave | Goatlings | Steam | Deviantart
I may seem rather cold and aloof at times, but I am a very friendly person, so please don't be afraid to message me or add me to your palpad! i'm also fluent in HTML and BBCode, so feel free to ask me for help with that!
I use this site for all my X/Y sprites. They also have shiny sprites, so I highly suggest it.
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Oct 15 2015, 03:49 AM
Post #4

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

You have to get the egg data for the repel to not work (if I remember correctly, anyway; it's been a while since I used one), so you could still use it and see the egg even if you obtained a hatched Pokémon.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:25 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.