Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Harrington Cup
Troy Bolton
post Aug 1 2008, 01:25 PM
Post #1

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

The Harrington Cup

The Players-

1) Matt Fletcher- Earl
2) Ciera Nekowa- Articquirtle
3) Etnie- Etnie
4) THE GREAT JOHN GATSBY- JGatsby
5) Charlie Cinder- Empoleon Dynamite

Please, please, if you wanna join, PM me. I really don't want some random guy joining up outta the blue. Anyway.
On second thought, 5 should be enough for a trial RP.

________________________________________________________________________________

TRAINERS!
Do you want to earn fame, fortune, and the chance to show off your skills? Then come to Ganersyn Coliseum, home of the Harrington Challenge- Single, Double, and Mix Battles! Trainers of any skill level can succeed! Test your skills in foreign environments with people you’ve never met!

Grand Prize- ?????
Second- $10000 Poke

Matt Fletcher grabbed the flier and grinned. Excellent, he thought. My pocket’s a bit light.

“Whaddaya think, Neil, Tiff?” he said aloud to his Phanpy and Combee, both of which were comfortably lying next to him.

Neil nudged him with his snout, pushing the trainer a good 6 feet in the air, and Tiff did a couple of back flips in the air.

The man who had gave him the flier looked anxious.

“So you’ll put it up in town, right? Only I’ve got a crapload more to pass along.”

“Yeah, yeah,” said Matt lazily. “Here, get yerself a Lemonade.” He threw the man some Poke, and settled back onto his tree. After the man had left, Matt took out a Pokeball.

“Come on out, Croagunk,” he said, throwing the seal-festooned ball upwards. A puff of purple smoke and triple green lightning bolts preceded the Toxic Mouth Pokemon’s appearance.

“Hey bud,” the trainer said, “What do you think? Ready for our first tourney? “ Croagunk grinned, showing off its Bullet Punch. Matt wasn’t sure when the frog had learned the move, but it was pretty cool looking.

“I’ll take that as a yes. Now, where is this place?” Tiff bit the edge of the paper, turning it around.

“Petropolis?” groaned Matt. “How do we get there?”

Neil pointed with his snout. “Oh, a map. Duuuh,” he said, smacking himself on the head.

But before the trainer could grab it, a brown something snatched the paper. Matt jumped to his feet, as did Neil and Croagunk (Tiff would have, but it’s hard to jump when one is always flying).

“Joy, a Mankey.” The pig-like Pokemon was jumping up and down. Matt was glad it wasn’t angry. You don’t wanna see an angry Mankey. He turned to Tiff.

“Sweet Scent, Combee!” The Tiny Bee responded with a “Bee!” and fluttered its wings. A soothing scent filled the air, and Neil and Croagunk perked up, smelling the fragrant air. The Mankey responded too, standing on its legs to better smell the air. Matt inched closer toward the now-dropped flier, but Croagunk decided to do it for him. Dashing toward the paper, Croagunk tripped, knocking over the hovering Tiff, who was focused in Sweet Scent. The Mankey immediately stopped, and looked around. Spotting Matt, the Mankey began hopping about, obviously angered. Crap.

“Neil! Uh…get him!” said Matt, who had forgotten what the Long Nose Pokemon could do. Phanpy ran in front of the trainer, poised for battle. Phanpy built up a chunk of ice and released it before the Mankey could react.

“Ice Shard?” said Matt. “Since when did you know that?” Neil just squeaked a quick, “Phee!” and returned its attention to the Mankey.

The Shard only seemed to anger Mankey, who responded with a Karate Chop. Phanpy couldn’t dodge quick enough, however, and went flying.

“Dang it, Neil!” cried Matt. Neil seemed ok, but Matt wasn’t gonna take any chances.

“Good job, Neil! Return!” he said, pointing the Premier Ball at the injured Pokemon. Crap, now what?

“Dang it!” he yelled again. There was only one thing for it. Phanpy was injured and Tiff and Croagunk were Arceus-knows-where. The trainer slung his backpack in front of him, digging in.

“Pokeball, go!” How cliché. I really have to figure out a better phrase. Matt threw the Pokeball, hitting the enraged Pokemon squarely on the head. Not caring nor expecting to catch the Mankey, Matt dived for the flier. As he reached for the paper, he heard a *click* behind him.

Dang. Turning around, Matt’s hypothesis was proved true- he had caught it. Man. The trainer swiped the ball off the ground.

“Your name is Cobalt,” he muttered to the ball. Might as well name it.

“Tiff! Croagunk! Where are you guys?” No response.

“Cobalt! Help me find Croagunk and Tiff!” he said, tossing the ball upward.

The Mankey clambered up the tree. After a moment, it hooted excitedly and flipped down. Motioning to Matt to follow him, Cobalt ran off toward the nearby river. Wait. Matt rifled through his pack, finding Croagunk and Tiff’s pokeballs. Clasping on in each hand, he shouted, “Tiff, Croagunk, return!” Nothing happened. Dang.

“Cobalt, wait up!” he shouted, running after the Mankey.

________________________________________________________________________________

A few days later…

Matt, Neil, and Cobalt were happily walking through Petropolis. Well, Neil and Cobalt were. Matt had been promising himself that he’d get rid of Cobalt the second he found a Pokemon Center. The Mankey was proving unruly, and besides, Croagunk could do the same things without as much…sass. I swear, the minute I find a trading partner with…I dunno, I’ll take a Bidoof about now.

However, even finding the Center was proving to be difficult. Petropolis was made with no rhyme or reason, it seemed. Matt’s hard-won flier only gave directions to Petropolis, not a map of the city itself. Who makes a map without even showing where the dang event is?

Ugh, this is hopeless. Matt needed to fight somebody. “Tiff,” he called out to the still-fluttering Combee, “take a break.” He pointed Tiff’s Premier Ball at the fluttering Tiny Bee, and a flash of red light returned it.
He approached what seemed to be a small town square, with various shops lining the sides. There’s gotta be someone here who can help me, and maybe bolster my wallet.

(OOC: Right, anybody can just walk up to Matt and be like, "Lolol ur a trainer, amirite?" I'd assume that all of ye are going to join the Cup. Uhh...yeah. And if anyone wants a Mankey, feel free to catch some random Pokemon to trade once you acquaint yourself with Matt. A Staryu or...I 'unno, a Cacnea would be cool.)

This post has been edited by Earl: Aug 2 2008, 07:39 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 1 2008, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 413

Active Squad

In the not so distant past...

John was finally ready to leave his home to go out and find if he was ready to win badges and gain entry into the Pokemon League. Though he is much older than most other beginning trainers, John has trained with Char, and his adopted Shinx, Shock, hoping to become a Pokemon master.

“Alright guys, I think I’m ready to go. I’ve got my backpack prepared, and my Pokemon look ready to go.” John said to his parents. “I’ve decided that the best place for me to go first has got to be Petropolis. It’s large, and I’m sure I can help my Pokemon become stronger by training there for a while. And when the time is finally right, I will defeat the gym leader.”

“Aw, I’m so proud of my baby boy.” John’s mother said to her son, “He grew up so fast, and I can’t believe he’s already leaving us.”

“Mom, settle down. There are a lot of other kids that leave way earlier than me. The only reason I stayed was to make sure our family was fine before I left. I’ll be fine, and I’ll make you guys proud.” John proclaimed.

John did his final checkup and finished saying his goodbyes before he was finally ready to go. He left his house, his parents waving in the background, and he was off into the underground city of Lenoillia. He began walking around town, with his Charmander Char, walking at his side. He had decided to leave at sunset, so he could experience his first night out on his own as quick as possible. Before long, the underground city became even darker than it normally was; and the polluted cities streets became as lifeless as a graveyard.

The irony of the matter was, John was going past an old pokemon-resting site, right when the night seemed to be its darkest. A tug was felt at his side, and his pokeball that was strapped to his belt came off, and rolled in front of him.

Well that’s strange…

The pokeball opened up, and John’s Shinx Shock, popped out and looked back at John looking puzzled.

“Shock? What are you doing outside of your Pokeball? I don’t remember letting you out, wha-?”

Before John could finish what he was saying, Shock started floating off the ground, and looking frightened. Finally, a Haunter could be seen holding the frightened Pokemon up, with a Gastly floating next to it. Before John could even blink, Haunter, Gastly, and Shock flew away into the Pokemon-resting tower. John looked down at Char, would was instinctively looking back at John, looking quite frightened.

“It’s okay Char… but we’re going to have to go inside and get Shock back. There’s no way that Shock is going to be able to escape without our help. Let’s go.”

John had to struggle with Char for a few minutes, before being able to convince Char to go in with him. The two of them entered into the dark, muggy, and cold tower of rest, with only Char’s tail lighting up enough space to see a few feet ahead. The two ventured in, keeping vigilante, but it was obvious that something was watching them. Laughs could be heard, and portraits with eyes seemed to follow them through corridors.

“Shock… Shockkkk… Come here boy. It’s John, and Char. We’re here for you… We want no harm, we just want to leave here unharmed and all together.”

Just then, the room lit up via two chandeliers, and a giant room with a grand staircase was visible. Shock was floating a little off the ground in the middle of the staircase, asleep. Just then, two Gastly’s came out of statues adjacent to the staircase and began flying around John and Char. Haunter became visible holding the sleeping Shinx in its ghostly hands. The three ghosts began laughing, as Char became hysterically scared, and John spun around, watching for any attacks.

“What do you want from us?”

Just then, the lights turned off, and immediately turned back on. The three ghosts, the two pokemon, and John were all inside of a huge room filled with toys, wall to wall. The two Gastly’s were rocking back and forth on rocking horses, the Haunter was building things with building blocks, Shock was building with the Haunter, and Char was walking around, on top of a ball, rolling around.

“Oh I see… you wanted to play. It is probably really lonely here all by yourself all the time.”

John walked up to the two rocking horses, and began pushing them. Char rolled his ball through the building blocks and fell off backwards, sitting up with a funny mask on. Everyone in the room looked over and began to laugh, including Char. Everyone in the room played for a little over an hour when the ghost Pokemon finally got their lasts laugh in and stopped playing, giving the other three big smiles.

“That was fun. I hope the rest of my journey is as much fun as I had on this first night. I’m sorry, but we should probably get going.”

The three-ghost pokemon began to cry and Johns pokemon looked up at him. The Gastly that had blue smoke surrounding it stopped crying and starting muttering at John, and then shot John a mean look.

“Oh, haha. It looks like you want to battle.”

The Gastly smiled again and nodded.

“Alright, but if I win, will you come with me?”

The Gastly looked at the other ghost Pokemon, and they nodded. The Gastly in turn, nodded back at John and accepted the challenge.

“Alright Gastly, your on. To start this battle off, I choose Char.”

Char looked up at John and nodded, walking forward a little bit. The lights turned off for a second, and turned back on, showing a Pokemon battleground.

Cool… alright, this is my first battle. Heres where all my training comes into play.

“Alright Char, Scratch!”

Char ran at the Gastly, running around, looking as if he was dodging even though there was no return fire. Char jumped up and scratched at the Gastly, but to no avail, the claws just went right through Gastly.

“Oh yeah… what was I thinking… Normal type moves don’t do any damage to ghost Pokemon.”

The Gastly laughed, disappeared, and reappeared behind Char. Char turned around, just to be surprised with a lick right to the face. Char stumbled and backed away, but regained his mentality.

“Alright Char, run under Gastly, spin around and use ember.”

As John spoke, Char delivered by running under the Gastly, rubbing its tail on the Gastly in the process. Gastly started making crying noises, and when it opened its eyes, it was hit with ember immediately. Its eyes spun and it hit the ground. John immediately grabbed a pokeball and threw it at the Gastly. The ball connected, and the Gastly was sucked inside. The ball rocked back and forth, and everyone watched as it rocked back and forth three times before it stopped. John’s mouth began to open, but before he could say anything, the ball rocked back and forth one last time, before resting still.

“Alright! Yeah! I caught a Gastly!”

John laughed and then let the Gastly come back out of the Pokeball. Everyone in the room laughed as the Gastly smiled at John in a guilty way.

“You did a good job Gastly… you do love to make people laugh. Is it ok if I start calling you Joker?”

Gastly’s mouth opened wide, and its eyes squinted, making everyone in the room laugh again. The Gastly then stopped, laughed, and nodded in approval.

“Radical. I can’t believe I caught a pokemon on my own on my first day away from home. Guys, I had such a good time here, but we have to go now. I will stop back here when I come back in town, so we can all play again. Does that sound good?”

All the Pokemon laughed and smiled, and then proceeded to nod. John patted Char on the head, and all the Pokemon waved at each other as they walked back outside into the dark. Everyone was happy, and ready to journey onto Petropolis. The team was prepared, and they walked off into the night, one party member extra.

(Gastly caught at Level 8)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now for something completely different.

Petropolis... the grand daddy of all the cities on the mainland. The creator of pollution that had ruined John's town, but also the first place John decided to go to on his journey to become a Pokemon master. There were skyscrapers that went as high as you could crane your neck, and there was a bustling of people that could make a person claustrophobic. None of this bothered John though, for he walked proudly into the city, with his head held high. His Charmander Char walked boldly next to him, taking in all the sights and sounds, while John's Gastly, Joker flew around, disappeared and went about playing pranks. Yes, it seemed like this town was going to be alright for a guy like John.

John gazed over and saw a small crowd looking at the wall of a building. As he approached he noticed that it was a poster which looked like a competition. Unfortunately, the crowd was too unruly, and John couldn't get a good view, but before John could do anything, John saw Joker smile at him, and fly through the crowd. As Joker approached the bulletin, he reappeared, scaring the living bajeebus out of everyone near the poster. John chuckled and approached the poster, taking it off the wall.

TRAINERS!
Do you want to earn fame, fortune, and the chance to show off your skills? Then come to Ganersyn Coliseum, home of the Harrington Challenge- Single, Double, and Mix Battles! Trainers of any skill level can succeed! Test your skills in foreign environments with people you’ve never met!

Grand Prize- ?????
Second- $10000 Poke

John's mouth opened wide as he finished reading the flier.

Thats a lot of money that I could really go for... and who knows what that grand prize could be. I might not be the best, but I can sure try to be, and try to win that grand prize.... I should really find a Poke Center though to heal my Pokemon.

John pocketed the flier and walked through the congested city, looking for a Pokemon Center. To no avail, John became completely lost, and quickly found himself in the town square. He was walking when he knocked into a young man like himself, making his Pokeball with Shock fall off his belt and opened up revealing the Shinx inside.

"Oh... my apologies ol' chap. I suppose I've been very clumsy as of lately, and I can't seem to find the Pokemon Center in this large place."

John looked down at Shock who was gazing at the man.

"Haha, appears Shock's taken a liking to you. Hes a good Pokemon, but I'm not great at training him... he also sometimes catches me in a few of his bolts to be honest. But hes dependable at least... Look at me, I'm rambling on and I don't even know you. Allow me to introduce myself... my name is John Madigan, some call me Gatsby, some call me John. Call me either and I'm good. How about yourself?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 1 2008, 05:30 PM
Post #3

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Matt was just about ready to give up and call Javier, the family butler (he had even returned Phanpy to his Pokeball) when he bumped into a dark haired man. Literally, bumped. The trainer had taken out his cell phone, dialing the Fletcher family number when WHAM. He fell over. Luckily, Cobalt was able to catch him. And by catch, I mean as something furry to fall on. The Mankey Low-Kicked the trainer up, then went to hide behind the other. As Matt dusted himself off, he looked at the other trainer. He was clad in a trenchcoat and jeans, and was about Matt's size.

"Oh... my apologies ol' chap. I suppose I've been very clumsy as of lately, and I can't seem to find the Pokemon Center in this large place." What an odd manner of speaking. But he's in the same boat as me, I guess. Whoever built this place needs a sharp kick in the- Matt's gaze fell upon a Shinx's, who he assumed was the trainers. It appeared to be appraising him.

"Haha, appears Shock's taken a liking to you. Hes a good Pokemon, but I'm not great at training him... he also sometimes catches me in a few of his bolts to be honest. But hes dependable at least... Look at me, I'm rambling on and I don't even know you. Allow me to introduce myself... my name is John Madigan, some call me Gatsby, some call me John. Call me either and I'm good. How about yourself?"

Wow. Guy likes to talk.

"Name's Matt Fletcher. Call me Matt, I'm not too fond of my surname. Nice t' meet ya, Gatsby. Yeah, your Shinx seems to like me. Cobalt seems to like you, as well," It was true. The Mankey seemed much calmer next to Gaatsby. How perfect. I've wanted a Shinx. "Say, would you like to make a trade? My Mankey for your Shinx? Afterwards, we can look for the Pokemon Center, as I'm quite lost myself."

"Say," he added, "do you know where the..." Matt pulled out the flier, "Ganersyn Coliseum is? I'm thinking of entering the Harrington Cup."

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 1 2008, 06:50 PM
Post #4

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John stared at the Mankey deep in the eyes and he saw the fire that fueled it. He had never seen a Mankey before, but right after he was done with his stare, he remembered hearing something about never looking them in the eyes or they'll chase you forever. But something seemed different about this Mankey. It's eyes almost looked sincere and with no hate. John looked down at Shock who was still staring at the man who referred to himself as Matthew. John thought long and hard on the idea, when he finally came to a decision.

"Alright Mr. Fl-... I mean Matt. I suppose you have a deal there. I haven't heard too much about Mankey's, so this would be the perfect chance for me to learn about them... but you have to promise me you'll take extra care of Shock. He was my second Pokemon I ever got, and I've looked after him for a long time. He was once abandoned and treated bad by his owner, so make sure you treat him with love..."

John looked down at the Shinx one last time before returning it to its Pokeball. He then extended his hand out and handed Matthew the Shinx.

"Cobalt right? My Shinx's name is Shock as you can already tell."

John then noticed the flier the man had in his hand.

"I had also heard about that competition... but I'm sorry, I don't know where it is to be sure."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 1 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #5

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Alright Mr. Fl-... I mean Matt. I suppose you have a deal there. I haven't heard too much about Mankey's, so this would be the perfect chance for me to learn about them... but you have to promise me you'll take extra care of Shock. He was my second Pokemon I ever got, and I've looked after him for a long time. He was once abandoned and treated bad by his owner, so make sure you treat him with love..." Gatsby returned the Shinx to its Pokeball, handing it out to Matt.

"You can be sure I will," said Matt, pointing his own Pokeball at Cobalt. A thought occured to him.

"One sec," he said, rummaging through his pack. Finally, he pulled out a handful of Seals. Attaching several to Cobalt's ball, he shined the dirtied Pokeball and handed it over.

"Cobalt right? My Shinx's name is Shock as you can already tell." said Gatsby.

"Right, Cobalt. I'm just warning ye, he's a handful." He handed Gatsby Cobalt, and Gatsby Shock. For a second, Matt felt a sense of loss as the ball left his hand. He didn't know why- Mankey had brought him nothing but grief. No, Matt thought, this Shinx is a good thing. I only hope Gatsby can control him.

"I had also heard about that competition... but I'm sorry, I don't know where it is to be sure."

"Ah, well. I guess our paths are the same, at least for a while. The Pokemon Center, then the Coliseum. Say," added Matt, "care for a quick battle? I'm eager to test this guy out."

For emphasis, he brought out Shock's Pokeball. Tossing it upward, he shouted, "Come on, Shock!" The Shinx appeared, not appearing surprised at all that he had become Matt's. The trainer only now noticed the Flash Pokemon's odd coloring. Weren't Shinx usually blue? But this one was golden. Shame, I like blue. But Matt knew that golden Shinx were rare. Might as well make it like me.

He knelt down in front of Shock, digging out from his pack some food, as well as Neil's, Tiff's, and Croagunk's Pokeballs.

"Here you go, Shock," he said, feeding the Shinx. "Come out, guys!" he added, tossing the triple Pokeballs up.

Only after the Pokeball's effects dissipated and the Pokemon had ate up did he notice Gatsby once more.

"Oops. Sorry. Err, like I said...wanna battle?"

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 1 2008, 07:52 PM
Post #6

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John had received the Mankey, and the newly designed Pokeball as well. John felt a little bad that he didn't do anything fancy with his Pokeball, but his guilt went away fast. John took the Pokeball, and immediately let Cobalt out. He wanted to get to know the Pokemon too. He tossed the Pokeball out, and out came Cobalt, looking around a bit confused. John crouched down onto one knee next to the Mankey and put his hand on its back.

"Hey chap, I'm your new owner. We're going to be good-"

Just then, the Mankey socked John in the face and started dancing back and forth on his feet. John fell back, and then sat up, and started looking at the Mankey he had just acquired. John then took out the Pokeball, and called Cobalt back.

"My oh my is he the tempered one... I guess its true what they say about staring at a Mankey's eyes. Oh well... hopefully he'll start warming up to me..."

John fed a quick treat to Char, and Char smiled and closed its eyes while eating.

"I'm all for a battle I suppose... shall we do it here? Might get the attention of someone that is also going to attend the Pokeman Challenge. Shall we use three Pokemon, or how many?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 1 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #7

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

As Matt fed Shock, Gatsby was attempting to become friends with Cobalt. Good luck... He laughed quietly as the Mankey punched him in the nose.

"My oh my is he the tempered one... I guess its true what they say about staring at a Mankey's eyes. Oh well... hopefully he'll start warming up to me..." Gatsby fed his Charmander, then acknowledged Matt's question of a battle.

"I'm all for a battle I suppose... shall we do it here? Might get the attention of someone that is also going to attend the Pokeman Challenge. Shall we use three Pokemon, or how many?"

"All of them," said Matt. "Four on three. I'll go easy on you." The two trainers cleared a little space in the calm park, drawing the attention of bystanders.

"You ready to do this?" asked Matt.

"I sure am, I just hope you are." John said. "I choose Char as my first Pokemon. Who will you choose." John's Charmander ran out, and the people around them started to take notice and form a crowd.
Tiff?" said Matt, turning to his Combee. "You ready to do this?" The Tiny Bee flipped in the air, buzzing in front of the trainer.

"Alright Matthew, good luck ol' chap... your going to need it." John said with a smirk on his face. "Char, use smokescreen!" John's Charmander nodded and shot smoke out of its mouth, blinding the opponent, and everyone around watching, too.

"Tch, how amateur." said Matt. "Tiff, Gust this away!" Tiff "bee!"'d and a strong wind blew in, blowing out the smokescreen. "What no-"

John's smirk was as big as ever as he pointed at Tiff. "Ember now!" said John. Char acknowledged John and spat small flames at the tiny bee Pokemon.

"I was expecting you to do that Matthew." John said with a chuckle and a wink.

"Tch, you got lucky," he said, "Alright Tiff, use- Tiff?" The Bee was down.

"Oh, you'll pay for that," he said. "Return, Tiff!" There was no more amusement in the man's eyes.

"Croagunk, let's go!"

"Ah, a Croagunk... I think I know what I should do." John whispered to himself. The Toxic Mouth Pokemon appeared, cackling at the Charmander.

"Char, hold your ground! Trust me, you can take this guy!" John yelled.

"Alright, Croagunk, Bullet Punch!" Croagunk seemed to metallize, swiftly moving in. It landed a powerful uppercut on the Charmander.

"Heh," allowed Matt. Charmander absorbed the punch, but felt the pain, giving ground to the attacking Croagunk.

"Heh, Croagunk! Use Mud Sl-"

"Hang in there Char! Quickly. EMBER!" John yelled. Charmander responded by quickly spinning around and catching the Croagunk with its tail, igniting its dry skin.

"Dang it!" There was nothing else for it. "Return, Croagunk."

"Your luck's gone for two, but it's about to end now." By now, a large crowd had surrounded the two trainers.

"We'll see about that. Your running low on Pokemon yourself." said John.

"Yeah, but you're about to fight the big guy, now."

"Alright Matthew, lets see what you've got then."

"Hmmph. You ready, Neil?" said Matt to his Phanpy.

"Phee!"

"Alright then, let's rock." Matt took out his fedora- he felt it made him look more heroic.

A Phanpy huh? John thought to himself.Alright, I know what to do...

"Come back Char, you've done good." John said as he returned Char to his Pokeball.

"Alright Joker, appear. We have a battle to win!" The Gastly became visible behind John and flew forward laughing.

"Tch, a Gastly." It reminded Matt slightly of his mother's Gastly, but he shook it off. Gotta battle to win.

Hmm, he thought. What will help? Can't use normal moves...or ground...it's levitating.

"Neil! Use!...No...never mind..."

"Joker, you know what to do. Give the Phanpy a nice big kiss." John said laughing. The Gastly laughed and became invisible again. It reappeared behind the Phanpy and tapped it on the back. Phanpy spun around, just to be licked across the face. Matt: The hell is he doing...?

"Neil!." shouted Matt. Gastly let out a loud laugh and closed its eyes while it shook.

"Sniff that Gastly! Odor Sleuth!" Neil took a good sniff of the mostly gaseous Pokemon, and it appeared to gain form, somewhat.

"Now! Neil! Use Take Down!" The Long Nose Pokemon's snout began to glow, and Neil rammed himself into the Gastly's face. Matt was regaining composure.

"Heh," he chuckled, flipping his fedora around. Joker then hit the ground rolling, causing Joker's eyes to turn into spirals.

"Dang... alright, Joker, get back here." John said as he returned Joker to his Pokeball.

"Why, what's the matter? You look like you've seen a ghost!" shouted Matt, over the crowd's roar.

"Don't get too cocky, Joker just lost sight at hand." John said reaching for his next Pokeball. "Let's finish this. Come on Char!" John threw his Pokeball out and Char reemerged, looking back and forth, and then noticing its opponent.

"Little shaky there? Oh well. Neil! Ice Shard, go!" A chunk of ice materialized on Neil's snout, shooting toward the Charmander. Char stood still and let the ice chunk hit him. As it connected, it began to melt, and it did barely anything to Char.

"Doh...Ice move...Ice Move!" Char's eyes began to show fire in them, and he put his head down, and his claws to his side.

Matt: Uh...oh...

Gatsby: Is... is he going to use Outrage?

"Go Char! Got get him back for that one!"

"Neil, intercept that! Take Down!" Dust began to kick up as Char ran at Phanpy with it's claws out. Neil reared up again, charging at the Charmander. A huge dust cloud formed as the two collided.

Matt: "What's going on?"
Gatsby: "Huh?"

"Tiff, I know you're really tired, but blow that away!" Matt threw the Pokeball up, and the battered Combee appeared. With a dull, "bee", it flapped its wings. It definitely wasn't as strong as before, but it blew the dust away.

Char was laying on his back, eyes rolling around. It looked as if he was hit hard, and also had somehow confused itself when it connected as well. Neil hadn't fared much better. He was wobbling on his feet, for a second eager to fight...but collapsed, falling next to the Charmander.

"Double K.O.," muttered Matt.

"Rats... that was very unexpected." exclaimed John.

"Well then...down to this. Return, Neil. Good job, buddy." Matt reverently put the ball back in his pack.

"Alright Char, you did good, return." John returned his Charmander back to its Pokeball, and back on his belt.

"Shall we finish this then?" asked John.

"Let's," said Matt, grabbing the last Pokeball. A little bland, he thought. Rummaging in his pocket, the trainer found a green-thunder Seal. He attached it, shining it up. Much better.

"You ready, Shock? Time for your debut!"The Shinx appeared, howling quietly.

John picked up his last Pokeball, all decorated thanks to Matt, and began thinking about the last time Cobalt was out.

"Alright Cobalt... I need you to come through for me." John said while looking at the Pokeball containing Cobalt. John threw the pokeball out, and Cobalt appeared, hopping back and forth from foot to foot.

Matt: Wait...what can he even do...?

Gatsby: I really don't want to do this... Cobalt has a listening problem.

Matt noticed Gatsby's hesitation before Gatsby noticed his. Figuring anything was better than nothing, he said, "Shock, use...Tackle!" The Shinx looked at Matt questioningly.

"Come on, just one little Tackle?"

"...Please?"

"Haha, my Shock still knows how well I treated it before you Matthew." John said while laughing.

"Well..." fumbled Matt.

"Alright Cobalt, use Low Kick." John said pointing at the Shinx. Matt grinned, a little. If Cobalt wouldn't listen to his original trainer...

The Mankey nodded and then spun around and kicked out one of John's legs, bringing him down to one knee.

"Not me Cobalt!" John said regaining his composure.

"A little unsteady there?" choked out Matt between laughs. Cobalt just went back to hopping back and forth like a tribal dance.

Gatsby: "Well this is really strange... neither of them seem to want to fight each other..."

Matt: "Hmm...Oh...they don't want to fight their trainers." At least, Shock doesn't. Cobalt, I dunno. "Well, what a stalemate."

"Indeed, that is a problem... shall we just call it a draw and maybe finish this some other time?"

"Yeah, let's. Good match, lemme buy you a snack once we find a Pokemon Center." Matt turned to the large crowd, who seemed slightly disappointed by the anti-climax.

"Sounds like a deal to me, I'm starving. I haven't eaten in days." John said while rubbing his stomach and following Matthew through the crowd.

"Scuse me, where's the Pokemon Center?"

The two were given the right directions, and set off.

(Notes- I did *not* god-mod, Gatsby and I did this by AIM. Yes, it's beauty.)

This post has been edited by Earl: Aug 1 2008, 10:01 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Etnie
post Aug 1 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #8

GTS+PL Duskfall Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 030

Gym Team

Etnie was lazily sitting in the park when a crowd got his attention. It seemed that two trainers were having a battle, a quite impressive one from the looks of it. Etnie decides to get up and check it out. When Etnie first caught view of the trainers they were locked in a fierce battle, He watched steadily as the battle went on. Soon they were both down to one pokemon apiece. One trainer sent out a mankey, while the other sent out a yellow shinx!?! Etnie immediately stood up to see the rare sight. Shinx being normally blue is a common thing but this yellow shinx was very rare indeed. The trainer that used mankey hit the ground with a thud. It seemed that they mankey had low-kicked his owner rather than the opposing shinx. the trainers called the battle a draw.

After the battle the crowd began to thin. Etnie eagerly ran up to the shinx's owner. "Excuse me, hey!" He seemed to grab the trainer's attention. "May I ask where you got that Shinx? I've never seen one of that color....Ah, I'm getting ahead of myself, my name is Etnie. I like to study and battle pokemon and that Shinx is quite intriguing." The trainers seemed to be looking to find a pokemon center, "Oh, I have a map here, seems it's just a few blocks down on our right. I can show it to you." Etnie then lead the trainers to the center

--------------------
[spoiler=My Badges]
[/spoiler]
[align=center]FC: 5284 7712 8844
[/align]
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 2 2008, 12:57 AM
Post #9

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

A white haired man ran up to Matt and Gatsby. He seemed to be positively bobbing up and down to see Matt's newly acquired Shinx. Something...grated with this ubiquitous man, though. Perhaps it was the red and black jacket, perhaps the scar running down his face, Matt didn't know.

"May I ask where you got that Shinx? I've never seen one of that color....Ah, I'm getting ahead of myself, my name is Etnie. I like to study and battle pokemon and that Shinx is quite intriguing."

"Err...I dunno, I got it from Gatsby here and..." The man seemed to ignore his response.

"Oh, I have a map here, seems it's just a few blocks down on our right. I can show it to you."

"A-alright, then. Lead on, Etnie." A glance to Gatsby revealed that he was as confused by the man as Matt was. But, if he knows where the Center is...

Etnie led the two trainers to the Center, true to his word.

"Hello, Nurse," said Matt. "Our Pokemon are hurt. Surprise, surprise," he added, laughing vaguely. "Here, Gatsby, hand me Char and Joker." Gatsby dutifully handed the nurse the two Pokeballs, and Matt handed Tiff, Neil, and Croagunk.

"These aren't that serious," said the nurse, "I'll have them healed in a couple of hours. There's a restaurant next door, and I hear the food is quite good. I hear," she added, leaning in conspiratorially toward Matt, "the stuffed chicken is particularly good." Matt winked.

"I'll get that, thanks for the tip." Matt turned to leave.

"Come on, Gatsby. My treat."

Later, at the restaurant...

"So! Gatsby! I know nothing about you! Tell me about yourself!" The restaurant was an Italian affair, with plenty of lit candles. Many couples sat together, absorbed in each other. It was not a place Matt would go to without a date, and definitely not one he'd go to with two guys, one of whom he barely knew. Matt had a vague idea that the Nurse had wanted to go with him. Matt couldn't blame her. He was rather attractive.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 2 2008, 01:19 AM
Post #10

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

While they walked towards the Pokemon Center, John got to thinking about the Shinx he used to own. He then finally decided to acknowledge the man that had joined their group. He looked really strange and he had a bad aura about him... almost sinister, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Yeah... that Shinx used to be mine. I found it once, and it was beaten up and abandoned, so I did what I could and I took care of it. I knew it was different, but it's all good. I wasn't right for Shock anyway, I'm just hoping Matthew here takes good care of it." John said while giving Matt a lowered eye look.

The three of them made it to the Pokemon Center and dropped off their Pokemon and went next door to a restaurant.

"Well, I grew up in Lenoilia, which is a pretty polluted town known for our Ghost and Dark type Pokemon... uh, theres really not much to know about me. To be honest, neither of you chaps have really said much about you guys... all I really know is your guys names."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jojo McDodd
post Aug 2 2008, 07:01 AM
Post #11

SMALL FUZZY INVENTOR KID~
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 272

Active Squad

Ciera Nekowa stroked her Squirtle's shelll gently. "Alright, Buckie... This is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done... But we're-"

"Gonna enter," finished Buckskin. "I know. It's not stupid, it'll be good practice."

"But I've never even been in a real battle!" whined Ara. "Who knows what will happen to you and Socrates?!" She reached instinctively for the Pokeball at her hip. She sighed. "I'm not sure 'bout this. I wanna calm my nerves."

Buckskin hopped from her owner's arms with a waggle of her furry tail. She pointed a single claw at a nearby cafe. "There's always the Blue Myu."

Ara stared at the robins-egg blue paint of the building. "You're surely kidding. That place is like, way... not us."

Buckie sighed. Master Ara was a nice girl, but could be a bit dull. "Anyplace that serves coffee is us. Come get your first breakfast in Furoh, you big freakin' chicken." She hopped onto Ara's shoulder. "Move it."

Ara pushed open the door to the restauraunt, expecting to see dim lights, staggering men, and strapping guys who looked like they could bench-press a Wailord. Instead, the Blue Myu was quiet, sunlight filtering through large windows. Ara pulled out a seat hesitantly. Buckie sat cross-legged on the table. "Go, Sock." In a burst of cold silver light, the little Cyndaquil appeared on the floor, looked around, then promptly hid behind the table leg. "Quiiii!"

--------------------
squirtle.gif Squirtle ish pwn, and I claim it. You shall not steal. squirtle.gif

Previously known as Squirtlecuno.
I really like Horton Hears a Who and Percy Jackson. Like, more than Pokemon right now. So I changed my name. Because Jojo is my favorite character. And I loves him.~ <3
... also, someone already stole Nico di Angelo. >:U
SO YEAH
JOJO IS SMALL AND FUZZY AND ADORABLE

AND AND

YESH <3

My normal location:
http://shiningbarboach.deviantart.com/
Please visit me here! I would love you forever if you did!~

My Diamond Friend Code: 0344- 5879- 3079
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 2 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #12

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Well, I grew up in Lenoilia, which is a pretty polluted town known for our Ghost and Dark type Pokemon... uh, theres really not much to know about me. To be honest, neither of you chaps have really said much about you guys... all I really know is your guys names."

Matt mentally facepalmed. He had talked himself into a corner. He was pretty sure he could tell Gatsby about his past, but this Etnie fellow...a bit dodgy, ya know? Ah, well, might as well twist the truth a little.

"I was born in Johto's Goldenrod City to a mom and a dad, like many others." He stopped to let them laugh. They didn't. "My mother worked at the Day-Care Center there, and that's where I got Neil. My dad- " He stopped. They don't need to know.

"I-I left Goldenrod at age 17, and I've been traveling ever since. I got Croagunk and Tiff from Sinnoh, and in Hoenn, I participated in the Contests. Then I came to Furoh. I like it here. Not many people, no cameras, no paparaz- no panzarottis. You know, those little fried pizza balls? I hate those!" The two trainers were looking at Matt oddly.

"Oh, here's our waitress. I'd like the stuffed chicken. In fact, we all would- my treat! Y-you guys want anything?" he added shakily.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Etnie
post Aug 2 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Gym Team

"Well, If you would like to know I once lived in Kanto. I was once an avid battler and pokemon collector, but now I have come to Furoh looking for a new place to live." and a new life.....I can't help but feel that these two trainers are obviously suspicious of me. I knew I was taking a risk leaving team rocket, the risk that someone might recognize me. I can only hope that this isn't the case.

"I was born in Johto's Goldenrod City to a mom and a dad, like many others." He stopped to let them laugh. They didn't. "My mother worked at the Day-Care Center there, and that's where I got Neil. My dad- " He stopped.

"I-I left Goldenrod at age 17, and I've been traveling ever since. I got Croagunk and Tiff from Sinnoh, and in Hoenn, I participated in the Contests. Then I came to Furoh. I like it here. Not many people, no cameras, no paparaz- no panzarottis. You know, those little fried pizza balls? I hate those!" The two trainers were looking at Matt oddly.

looks like I'm not the only one who his a little suspicious. best not to question it though.

"Oh, here's our waitress. I'd like the stuffed chicken. In fact, we all would- my treat! Y-you guys want anything?" he added shakily.

"No, thanks for the offer though. I was eating in the park before you guys had started that battle. Although I would like a glass of water please."

--------------------
[spoiler=My Badges]
[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 2 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #14

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John chuckled a little bit as Matthew frantically tried to change the subject while he was talking about his past. The other man briefly stated that he was from Kanto, so it appeared that John was the only native to Furoh, which was quite odd to him. Neither of the men seemed to want to talk about their pasts, but that didn't bother John, because he himself didn't want to talk about his either.

"The stuffed chicken sounds excellent, and I'd also like some soup and salad with it if that is at all possible."

The waitress nodded as she wrote down the order.

"No need to talk about your past, ol' chaps. Mines not the greatest either, so I won't judge. All that matters is that we're all here now, so let us just enjoy it." John said as he leaned back in his chair.

"This Mankey you gave me sure has spunk, thats for sure. Hopefully I can win over Cobalt's trust someday."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Emp
post Aug 2 2008, 12:13 PM
Post #15

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 348

Active Squad

Charlie exited the airport, she was quickly welcomed by the bright lights and booming traffic – it was night-time in Petropolis. She started walking aimlessly into the city, in hopes of finding a Pokémon Center.

“Excuse me-“, she shouted towards a stranger passing by. However, it felt like everyone was doing there own thing, bumping past her in a hustle.

She carried on walking, trying her best not to react to people, ‘Seriously, have these people got no coordination?!’ Charlie was now biting her lip, resisting the temptation of hitting someone.

She upped her pace in a rush to get out of the busy streets. ‘C’mon I need to find a Pokémon Center, I’m so tire-‘, all of a sudden, a bus pulled up beside her. ‘guess I should get on, it must go past a Pokémon Center...’

Charlie didn’t know how long she’d been on the bus for, but the smell of sewage started to get stronger.
“This is the last stop”, the bus driver said in a monotone voice.

“What?! We’re in the middle of nowhere!” She responded angrily.
As she was forced out of the bus the smell of sewage knocked her sick.

“Where am I? I cant see a thing”, she said to herself. All of a sudden, a light bulb lit up on the Charlie’s head:
“Cyndaquil! Come on out!” Charlie shouted, tossing her ball into the air as Cyndaquil emerged from its white light. The fire mouse Pokémon then ignited itself, illuminating a large building.

“Ganersyn Coliseum eh?” She said to herself. The word ‘Colliseum’ put a smile on Chalie’s face; she’d been itching for a battle all day.

As she entered she saw numerous Pokémon trainers, all here for the same thing, The Harrington Cup.
Reading through the tournaments’ rules, the runner up prize looked most appealing to her.

“Think of what we could do with all that money Cyndaquil, it’d defonitly help us with our food problem”, she said as her belly grumbled.

This post has been edited by empoleon dynamite: Aug 2 2008, 12:15 PM

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 2 2008, 06:08 PM
Post #16

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

As Etnie declined dinner and Matt stammered, Gatsby jumped in.

"No need to talk about your past, ol' chaps. Mines not the greatest either, so I won't judge. All that matters is that we're all here now, so let us just enjoy it."

Matt felt an upsurge of affection for the trainer, as he continued.

"This Mankey you gave me sure has spunk, thats for sure. Hopefully I can win over Cobalt's trust someday."

"The day that happens is the day Grumpig fly," grinned Matt. "But that'll be the day Shock listens to me. He is a bit...shy." A thought occurred to him.

"Hey, Etnie," he said to the quiet man, "do YOU know where the Ganersyn Coliseum is? We're hoping of entering. At least, I am. And I aim to win." He smiled.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Etnie
post Aug 2 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Gym Team

"The day that happens is the day Grumpig fly," grinned Matt. "But that'll be the day Shock listens to me. He is a bit...shy." A thought occurred to him.

"Hey, Etnie," he said to the quiet man, "do YOU know where the Ganersyn Coliseum is? We're hoping of entering. At least, I am. And I aim to win." He smiled.

"sorry, but no, I'm still fairly new to the area, but this tourney you're entering sounds pretty exciting. Haven't battled in a while, wonder if I've still got the skill. Also I'm interested in this Harrington guy. Must be pretty famous to have his own tournament and all. Would you guys mind if I helped you find the Coliseum and enter the tourney with you?"

--------------------
[spoiler=My Badges]
[/spoiler]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 2 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #18

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Sorry, but no," responded the white-haired man. "I'm still fairly new to the area, but this tourney you're entering sounds pretty exciting. Haven't battled in a while, wonder if I've still got the skill. Also I'm interested in this Harrington guy. Must be pretty famous to have his own tournament and all. Would you guys mind if I helped you find the Coliseum and enter the tourney with you?"

Matt laughed. "I meant you should check your map. As long as we find it, though, you're welcome to follow us. Remember, though. Just cause I know you doesn't mean I'll go easy on you." He grinned, but there was no joy in his eyes- Matt was sending a message- "Don't mess with me."

After a slightly tense moment, their food arrived.

"Cheers," said Matt, lifting his glass to Gatsby and Etnie in turn.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 2 2008, 11:15 PM
Post #19

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Haha, you two can fight with each other, but when it comes down to it, I have the homefield advantage, and the best Pokemon a man could ask for. I'm not saying you guys won't do good... but when it comes down to it, I'm going to win that grand mystery prize." John said while chuckling.

John raised his glass of water up and clashed it with the other two. John then cleared his throat real quick.

"To us... to bright futures for the three of us, and the best of luck for all of us in the competition."

John brought his glass back down and took a sip of his water. The food had arrived, and John dug into the salad, and began to butter a roll. After he took a few bites, he too out a Pokeball and let out Cobalt. Cobalt looked back and forth at everyone, then up at John. John had broken off a piece of his chicken, and handed it to the Mankey. Cobalt ate it happily, and John patted it on the head. By doing so, he made the Mankey angry, and Cobalt punched John in the calf. John let out a little yelp before he returned Cobalt to his Pokeball.

"He'll learn to love me one day." John said while rubbing his leg.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 3 2008, 12:00 AM
Post #20

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Haha, you two can fight with each other, but when it comes down to it, I have the homefield advantage, and the best Pokemon a man could ask for. I'm not saying you guys won't do good... but when it comes down to it, I'm going to win that grand mystery prize." responded Gatsby, chuckling slightly. Big words, but he's about as good as me. After, Gatsby proposed a toast.

"To us... to bright futures for the three of us, and the best of luck for all of us in the competition."

Matt took a deep swig of water. He was confident that, if it came down to Shock vs Cobalt again, he would have the advantage. If the trainer started now, he could win the Shinx's trust.

But, first things first.
Matt dug into the stuffed chicken, and was gratified at once. The stuffing was a rich cheese and- Are those mushrooms?- affair, and the mashed potatoes had just the right amount of butter. The obligatory vegetables were crisp and fresh, bursting with flavour. Noticing Gatsby bringing out Cobalt to feed him- and getting punched in the leg for it- Matt did the same, demurely releasing Shock. With a green lightning bolt, the Shinx appeared. It seemed slightly uneased by the formal environment, and Matt ducked out of his seat to calm him.

"Hey there, lil' buddy. You could probably tell, but I'll be your new owner now. My name is Matthew Fletcher, and I was born in Goldenrod City. That's a town in Johto. I know many things have been confusing for you, but for now, how about something to eat?"

He grabbed a carrot slice off the plate, offering it gently to Shock. The Shinx looked into his eyes soulfully, and hesitantly plodded up. It leaned over, still staring at Matt, and took the carrot. It hopped back, chewing the carrot slowly. Matt gave Shock some space. At the Johto Day-Care, several trainers had abandoned their Pokemon there, and Shock was showing the same system of hesitance. After swallowing, Shock looked at him, howling slightly. Matt grinned.

"Want some more?" Matt sliced off a small piece of chicken. It burned his hand slightly, but it was the price he'd pay. The Shinx bounded up, slightly less afraid. It took the chicken out of Matt's hand.

Confident that he had made progress, Matt sat up. And promptly banged his head on the table. Looking up quickly, he said, "I meant to do that."

"He'll learn to love me one day," said Gatsby.

"Of course he will."

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:38 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.