Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Fidona Firsts!, The adventures of Travis, Ryan and Millenia in Fidona
The Dark Knight
post Mar 14 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3 279

Active Squad

The sun came over the horizon as three distinct figures floated in on the tide. One capped boy hanging onto a shell while a boy and a girl both holding separate yet identical white creatures. They had been floating unconsciously in the ocean for hours because their pokemon had swum themselves so much that they were knocked out; their trainer's were out cold much longer before the pokemon were. The group was suddenly thrust onto the shore of a sandy beach by a large wave of saltwater. As they seemingly glided along the sandy shore, the tiny turtle pokemon woke up to find his trainer unconscious. Alarmed, the pokemon jumped on his trainer's belly causing spurts of water to explode from the boy's mouth.

"Ugh!" Travis choked as he was brought back to consciousness. His Squirtle jumped up and down and hugged his trainer dearly. "Oh geeze," Travis stated, stunned by his surroundings and dumbfounded at the events that had occurred only a few hours ago. Travis immediately noticed Millenia and Ryan both hanging onto their pokemon, all of whom were not awake. Travis and Squirtle immediately tried pumping the water out of the two companions and watched as the couple choked out their swallowed saltwater. "Guys, are you alright?" Travis asked dearly. After they responded and had recovered enough, Travis posed a funny, yet serious question: "Now where the heck are we?"

--------------------

Roleplaying Characters (click to showhide)

Clicky
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Milo
post Mar 15 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #2

Future GTS+ PL Rock Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 898

The Team of Rock

Ryan checked his bag, still attached to his waist, and took a black and red Pokétech out of it. It made a small beep as it came on, Ryan engaged the map feature.

“I think we’re near Fidona.”

Ryan looked around, the sand was white as snow and the sunlight glistened on ocean, Seel was completely exhausted.

“It’s okay Seel, time to sleep.”

Ryan clicked Seel’s pokeball; a flash of red light swallowed Seel and returned to the pokeball.

“We should get to the pokemon centre.” Ryan announced, but made it sound like a question.

--------------------

Avatar and Signature by Mark 331
+Quote Post

TSS
post Mar 15 2009, 03:46 AM
Post #3

Taste the rainbow!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 391

TSS FTW

"Guys, are you alright?" Travis questioned, calling to Ryan and Millennia.

A blaze of light shone in Millennia's eyes as they flickered open. In her thoughts before she had opened her eyes, she had had two possibilities of where she could be: Heaven or still surrounded by the great aquamarine sea. Now she could see that it was, unmistakably, neither. Millennia was now sure that indeed, she was alright. Well, apart from her soaking clothes and a huge sheet of saturated hair weighing down her head, not to mention the water in her lungs, she was OK. With a cough, she replied,

"I would say I am. Apart from being wet and tired, but we all are so no difference. I'm fine."

"Now," spoke Travis after all were awake, Pokémon and trainer, "Where the heck are we?"

This question stumped Millennia. It wasn't like she had a map in her head and a brain that knew everything. Nor did she have a Pokétch any longer. The salty sea water had completely destroyed it. Ryan, however, obviously still had his and was proving it. A number of shrill, ear-splitting beeps filled the air as the watch turned on. As quickly as the beeps started, they were gone though, so the group's ears didn't have to suffer for long. Ryan tapped the screen rapidly so as to find the Map feature.

"I think we're near Fidona," he commented. Millennia bit her lip, pondering on whether to ask the most stupid question she would ever ask or not, for that data had made no sense. She settled for saying it, but she didn't look her companions in the eye. She looked at the pure white sand with its golden streaks mixed in.

"Um... Hate to ask, but what or where is Fidona?"

By the looks on the others' faces, Millennia knew that they thought the question just as stupid as she did. She quickly switched the subject by turning around and picking up Seel, who was more dead than alive after the long journey through the sea. She murmured kind words to it for about half a minute before returning it to its Pokéball. Then she faced the others, praying that they wouldn't respond to the question she was wishing she hadn't asked.

--------------------
[align=center]~I am GTS+'s Violent and Dangerous Rioter~
~I am TSS~

[/align]
+Quote Post

The Dark Knight
post Mar 15 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Travis was a little perplexed at how Ryan's Pokégear was working, as Travis' was all water logged and would probably never work again. Travis soon found out that Ryan had a rubber case for the Pokégear just in case it was dropped in the water or such. It was a darn good case and had held up very well despite the ordeal of the trainers.
When Millennia posed her question, Travis smiled. He knew the answer to this one.

"Fidona is an island tucked into the northwestern corner of Furoh," he began, "I believe that I have been on this island before. One time my mom and I went on a vacation cruise, and this place was the first stop. I don't think we are that far from the Orange Archipelago, actually..." Travis spoke. "Anyway, from what I remember this island isn't much, but pretty dangerous. The tour guide on the boat had warned us that locals have lots of traps set in the forest to catch wild pokemon." Judging by his companion's faces, it looks like they weren't too pleased with the news. "Yeah. Like I said, Fidona isn't much, it's just a few tribes really that are all connected by the gym-" Travis was interrupted by an excited Ryan, eager for his first gym badge.

"Fidona is also home to many rare and exotic pokemon not found anywhere else in Furoh," Travis added when Ryan had finished. "Back when I visited Fidona, I got a glimpse of a Tropius!" Travis exclaimed. The two partners were amused and looked eager to get going. Travis returned Squirtle and congratulated it as the crew migrated to a sign that read, "Lightning Tribe - 5 miles". After unanimously agreeing that was the place to go the group wandered off into the dense tropical forest on a almost nonexistent dirt path where mysterious adventure awaits!

--------------------

Clicky
+Quote Post

TSS
post Mar 21 2009, 03:38 AM
Post #5

Taste the rainbow!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 391

TSS FTW

This was going to be cool, Millennia thought excitedly, as if she were a 3 year-old about to get a four-scoop ice-cream cone with toffee on top. Not that she would have minded one. Sure, even Millennia would admit freely that she couldn't battle to save her life, so maybe not trying the gym, but she would look forward to seeing interesting Pokémon and maybe, just maybe, catching one. However, she knew that if traps were being set for the creatures, it was unlikely that they were very susceptible to being seen and held. They would have learned to be careful.

The group came to a sign that was lurking in the shade underneath drooping tree branches; it was difficult to read until they got closer. Upon nearer inspection, it appeared to read "Lightning Tribe - 5 miles". It didn’t seem as if there was much place else to go, so after having a congruent agreement to continue down an almost invisible mud path towards this "Lightning Tribe" they trudged on through the overgrown jungle. With each step they took, the lap of foamy waves crashing on the shore became more and more hushed.

A drop of water splashed on Millennia's cheek. Gently, she lifted her hand to her face to see if she had imagined it, but no, she hadn't; it really was there. Looking up at the sky, (which wasn’t to be seen above all the thick vines, wildflowers and plants) she saw that the majority of the plants were covered in dew drops.

"It’s going to rain," Millennia moaned. "Now what? If we can’t see where we’re going, are already soaked and cold, this isn’t going to be the trip of our lives!"

OOC (click to show)

--------------------
[align=center]~I am GTS+'s Violent and Dangerous Rioter~
~I am TSS~

[/align]
+Quote Post

The Dark Knight
post Mar 26 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

The group made their way through the unclear forest path of what seemed like hours. Already exhausted from the chaos of their experience the night before, the trainer's did their best to continue on through the pouring rain. Travis still had a taste of saltwater in his mouth as the rain pellets fell upon his face. Travis second guessed his journey; was this all really worth it? They didn't even know if they were going in the right direction! As soon as Travis began to doubt his journey, a light appeared at the end of the forest trail. The trainers were jubilant at their ray of hope and rushed towards it, immediately forgetting the warnings that Travis had proclaimed earlier. Suddenly they screamed as they were hoisted up into the air, dazed and unaware of what was happening. The group had been caught in a trap! As they struggled aimlessly at their cloth cell, they came to realize that they were in a pokemon trap; a simple net used to catch incoming enemy pokemon, There had even been a sign a few yards back warning passerby's of such a danger, but the group missed it in their haste. Millennia and Ryan argued about their unfortunate predicament and Travis cursed his bad luck.

It was only when he noticed a pokemon moving near the group that Travis was woken by his daydream. A primate pokemon with a shaggy brown coat of fur with four darker brown stripes on the back. Travis hadn't noticed it immediately probably because it wasn't moving. But it was sure moving now, about a foot a minute. It looked like a primate, but moved like a sloth! But this pokemon didn't just pique Travis' interests for any old reason; it was wearing his precious Kumquat Island hat! Outraged, Travis flung his hands to his head to find that his hat was missing and the blue cap the pokemon was wearing was indeed his. He called out to the pokemon, trying in vain to get its attention. The pokemon didn't respond at first, but eventually acknowledged Travis' existence. The pokemon sighed as it lurched forward to help the poor trainers. It was obvious that he had seen situations like this before. The trainer's were jubilant to see their savior making its way, slowly, towards the dangling net. Their joy subsided, however, when they saw how long it was taking the sloth-like pokemon to reach them. After a couple of minutes, however, it finally did. The pokemon raised its claw to the sky and delivered a swift scratch attack to the net, sending its occupants tumbling down to the earth.

After a moment or two of reeling in the pain from the fall, Travis recovered to see the pokemon slothing away into the heart of the forest with Travis' hat still in hand. Travis called out to the pokemon, but it gave no response. Frustrated, Travis told his companions he'd be right back as he marched back after the pokemon. It was still pouring and Travis had a hard time seeing. The truth was he had needed glasses or contacts, but he never got around to telling his mom that he needed them. Travis called out to it a few more times, but again, it did not respond. The only way Travis kept track of the wandering pokemon was because the blue hat it was wearing stuck out in the greenery of the forest. Travis had reached his breaking point and screamed at the pokemon. Both figures had stopped as the pokemon turned around to face Travis.

"Give me my hat back!" Travis cried out. The pokemon just stared at Travis. "I said give it back!” An identical expression was given; blank, nothingness. No emotion at all, the thought that this was one weird pokemon was all Travis could think of. That, and getting his hat back. Without warning, Travis sprinted up to the pokemon, his wet hair covering his face and lunged for the hat. The pokemon swiftly moved aside, surprising Travis with its fast reaction time, and sending him crashing into the mud and grass mess on the ground. Now Travis was thinking something else. Maybe there was more to this pokemon than sealing hats and slow movement. "Just give me my hat back damnit!" Nothing. Emotionless. "Nidoran help me out!" Travis cried out, throwing his pokeball from his belt. A purple rabbit emerged from Travis' pokeball and sang its battle cry. "Get me my hat back!"

The Nidoran reared its hind legs and charged for the mystery pokemon. Once again the sloth surprised Travis by dodging the attack, sending Nidoran flying into the bushes. Of course, the muddy ground had acted like a Slip N' Slide, and that didn't help either. But regardless, this pokemon was pretty good and Travis wanted it. Travis ended up returning Nidoran to his pokeball and calling out his other pokemon Squirtle, to try his luck against the mystery pokemon. "Go Squirtle!" Travis commanded as the tiny turtle pokemon appeared. "Water Gun!" The Squirtle took in a deep breath and suddenly expelled a jet of water from its mouth, heading straight towards the Slakoth. The monkey pokemon merely pivoted to miss the blast. "Redirect it!" Squirtle moved around its water gun attack while aiming carefully, but the sloth continued dodging it with a combination of ducking and jumping that allowed it to successfully evade the attack. "Alright Squirtle, use Withdraw and then tackle!" Squirtle immediately withdrew into his shell and sped himself on the water towards the pokemon. The rain was still pouring as Squirtle surged through the ground, moving seamlessly in its shell using the element of water. The substance from the water gun had been beneficial, and the Slakoth had begun to tire. Squirtle jumped towards the sloth pokemon while still in its shell, but once again the pokemon pivoted out of the way just barely missing the attack. Suddenly, Squirtle hit the water right next to the pokemon, while still in the shell, and used it to propel a spinning Squirtle straight onto an unexpecting enemy.

"SLAAAAAAKOOOOTHH!" the pokemon yelped as it took the full blast of an accelerated rapid spin attack. The pokemon fell to the ground as Travis returned Squirtle to its pokeball. Travis then threw out one of his own pokeballs towards the Slakoth, seizing the pokemon in the capsule. The pokeball shook three times before backing a large "DING" sound. Travis walked slowly towards the pokeball and picked it up. The downpour had finally subsided. Travis made his way through the puddles of water to his hat. He drained out the water it had drawn and put it on his head to remove the hair from his eyes. Travis took his newly acquired pokemon and placed it on his belt right next to Squirtle and Nidoran. With the rain dwindling and the clouds breaking, Travis made his way the best he could back to his fellow pokemon trainers, intending on following them to the nearest location as he had lost all of his sense of direction.

While he may have temporary lost his senses, Travis gained an invaluable friend that day that would prove to be crucial on his journey to become a pokemon master.

Spoiler (click to showhide)

--------------------

Clicky
+Quote Post

Milo
post Mar 29 2009, 09:46 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

The Team of Rock

Ryan walked up to Travis and gave him a light pat on the back, “Well done.” Ryan spoke in an emotionless, almost cold voice. He secretly thought that the Pokémon wouldn’t be of much help to Travis.

“Well, you guys wanna get going?” Ryan questioned.

The other two agreed and they headed towards the light, now with a new companion they didn’t have only moments ago. This time they walked slowly, watching for any traps that might be a problem. When they got out of the forest they came to a large clearing, a natural clearing. The area was bustling with life. Ryan saw everything from Pichu to Steelix, but mostly electric Pokémon.

The men in the area wore loincloths and necklaces with a small lightning bolt charms. In this setting it looked like an undeveloped tribe, but upon closer inspection there was a gift shop and people in suits and so on.

A small boy ran up to the three of them and tugged on Ryan’s shirt, they followed him to a hut, the hut had a sign above the door. It flashed in yellow. “Information”. They walked in and joined a long line, after an hour of waiting, they finally reached the front. A small lady sat behind a counter with a, rather fake, smile.

“Hello, my name is Sarah.”

“Hi” the three trainers replied simultaneously.

“Now, are you three travellers, trainers or tourists?”

“Trainers”

“Okay, well, do I have a special deal for you, just follow Themba.”
The small boy tugged again. He directed them to a large stadium and showed them each into a different hut beside the stadium. The hut Ryan walked into had “Master Cho” carved into the door.
Ryan walked in and a tall, fat man stood inside. Ryan stood dwarfed by the giant. He thought now of what the others were doing.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Dark Knight
post Apr 7 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Travis followed Themba to a little tipi, which had the insignia of a fist on the top of it. The small man turned to Travis and pointed to the entrance of the structure. “Elder Orca will help you,” was all he said before leaving Travis at the gate. Travis had been so exhausted from his many, many ordeals that he had no idea what was going on. The past couple of hours had slipped by in minutes and now he was standing in front of a tipi.

”What am I doing here?” Travis thought as he rubbed his head. The sky had cleared and the sun was shining brightly. There had been big weather change in the past hour or so, so much that an overly exhausted Travis noticed it. ”Wait... where are Millennia and that Ryan kid?” Travis wondered. “Whatever,” he announced, stepping into the tipi.

The tipi was rather large and there was a man standing in the middle. “Welcome Trainer!” he announced loudly. “My name is Master Orca, welcome to my humble abode!” Travis merely nodded as a response. The man had the fire going and the tipi was very hot. So much, in fact, that Travis had begun tearing. “Dear boy, you look exhausted!” the man exclaimed. “Why don’t you rest for a bit, hm? We can’t begin our training when you’re dead tired now, can we?”

“Mhmmhmhmm,” Travis nodded. He wasn’t even registering who was speaking to him at this point. His mind was completely focused on one thing: The bed on the side of the room. “Cai go shleep?” Travis slurred, pointing to the bed.

“Of course you can son!” The man announced, leading Travis over. Travis removed his soaking wet shirt and cap and fell onto the bed. The snoring began immediately. “Oh well, we’ll begin soon enough,” the man sighed, a little dejected. He took Travis’ removed garments and placed them near the fire to dry. As his hat and shirt warmed, Master Orca picked up his spear and began practicing his fighting techniques again, waiting for sleeping beauty to arise from his heavenly slumber.

--------------------

Clicky
+Quote Post

Milo
post Apr 27 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

The Team of Rock

“Uuh... Uum... what am I suppose to be doing?” Ryan had been standing around for five minutes, waiting for a reaction. Master Cho stood as if in a trance.

“Hello?”

“Silence, I must communicate with the spirits.”

“But...” Ryan was cut off and was starting to become a bit pissed.

“No ‘but’s!”

“Look, I came here to learn something and if you aren’t gonna teach me anything I’m gonna leave.” Ryan was a bad liar and it was obvious to anyone watching that he was bluffing.

“That is fine. Go.”

“But...”

“I will not train you...” the Master broke into laughter, "I’m just kidding. My name is Cho, but you will call me Master.”

“So, what am I suppose to be doing?” Ryan spoke in a tone showing little respect.

“I am a teacher, I will teach you.”

“Teach me what.”

“It is not what I teach you, it is what I can teach your Pokemon.”

“What?”

“We have one week, which leaves us time for one maybe two moves. What is your Pokemon?”

“I have a Nidoran, a male and a Seel.”

Master Cho turned around and walked into what looked to be a store room. Ryan heard some shuffling of papers and about two minutes later Cho emerged with two sheets of paper.

“These are the moves available to me, choose one from each and remember, choose wisely... Oh, how I do love saying that!”

The Master handed the lists to Ryan; he snatched them as soon as they were in range. He looked through both lists, a few of the names, he had heard before. He pondered the names, a few minutes of deep concentration later, he spoke.

“I think I’ll go with Mud-Slap for Nidoran and Icy Wind for Seel. So, when do we start.”

“Soon, but I’m hungry let’s eat!”

“What?”

“An empty belly makes for an empty mind young one.” He chuckled in a rather Santa Clausey kind of way...

This post has been edited by Milo: Apr 27 2009, 07:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:09 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.