Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pokemon for Teens, Should they make darker versions, rated E10+ and/or T?
Your Choice
[see the choices]
Should they? [ 132 ]  [74.16%]
Shouldn't they? [ 46 ]  [25.84%]
Total Votes: 178
Guests cannot vote 

Gig Evans
post Jun 21 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #61

Master of Death
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4 627

Army of Destruction

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Jul 16 2008, 11:55 AM) *
lol I don't agree with the Pokémon ripping peoples' spleens out and stuff but it'd definitely be interesting if they just toned down on a lot of the very kiddish stuff.. maybe make one where the main characters are actually older than 12 for one.

I voted "Should they?" even though I was confused as to why the answers to a question where questions themselves. :P

I agree wholeheartedly! awesome.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

FearTheSpork
post Jul 13 2009, 10:28 AM
Post #62

Pokemon Ranger
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 40 993

Random Race Roster

QUOTE(Whatura @ Jun 22 2009, 02:14 AM) *
QUOTE(Zerxer @ Jul 16 2008, 11:55 AM) *
lol I don't agree with the Pokémon ripping peoples' spleens out and stuff but it'd definitely be interesting if they just toned down on a lot of the very kiddish stuff.. maybe make one where the main characters are actually older than 12 for one.

I voted "Should they?" even though I was confused as to why the answers to a question where questions themselves. :P

I agree wholeheartedly! awesome.gif

Same here. I'd like to see the main character's more mature. Have their own house or something, instead of living at home with their mom. Plus, there are times, in game, where you feel like you are treated as a child. Some things are over explained and such.

Eh, maybe raise the rating a little.

--------------------

Current Team in Training

Places To Find Me (click to show)
+Quote Post

anikru
post Aug 6 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #63

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 299

unf.

Pokemon does not need an older version. Pokemon can appeal to all ages, and if you dont like it and think it's for children, thats your opinion. Pokemon is fine as it is.

--------------------

コトネ <3
+Quote Post

Shadow Mastr
post Aug 12 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #64

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 511

Active Squad

Im 14, and I think that the pokemon games are just fine. Nothing else needs saying.

--------------------
...what? Bad sig? Yah, yah, I'm working on it.
+Quote Post

Nona the Teddiur...
post Aug 13 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #65

Pokefanatic of Teddiursa
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 937

Angry Mama-Bear Party

They need an older pokemon game. Without a doubt.

I'm really beginning to get sick of the "I'm 17 and control a 10 year old with more power than I could ever imagine." Really, how many ten year olds (except for Ash, but he's the protagonist, of COURSE he breaks the mold) can defeat 8 gyms and the elite four all before their 11th birthday? Hell no.

Us older fans do need something to continue to latch onto the series with.

Or, at least make the female character less girly. *sigh* I swear, I'm playing a male character in HeartGold because I don't want a fricking pink and white pokedex.

I want to see guns in pokemon. Not just that one banned-from-the-US episode, but guns in the game. Make Team Rocket a real threat, not just "Oh, we're using pokemon to take over the world but we can be stopped by a ten year old!" Make them a terrorist organization...*see VG Cats*

Or at least let the person getting the pokemon grow up a bit on the journey. OR! Get this...HAVE THEM START A FEW YEARS TOO LATE! Really, what ten year old do any of us know that is totally responsible and can care for him or herself on his or her own? IN THE WILDERNESS! And what about school? Shouldn't those kids be in school?

This is why pokemon needs to grow up in the series. Have late teen/early adult start out on their journey. Not some little snot-nose'd brat.

--------------------

My friend made this sprite for me. I do not claim to own it, she was the one who created it, as a commission for me.
+Quote Post

Azure Butterfly
post Aug 14 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #66

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 563

Team UberPwn

Come back, original creator! ;_;

Remember in the R/G/B/Y/G/S/C days, where Team Rocket killed a Pokemon and chopped the tails off of Slowpoke? Yeah, moar general evilness plz. Also, less of this sexist garbage. I want to play as a girl who doesn't wear all pink and a skirt and everything she owns is pink. Chris was not girly like that at all (and now they've replaced/redesigned her so she is).

Things That Would be Awesome But Will Never Happen With the Current Exec. Producer:

- A game on Wii/other console ("It goes against the tradition of Pocket Monsters! They must always be handhelds!!!" WUT. Pokemon itself went against tradition. It implemented a trading system that had never been seen to such a magnitude in the monster-raising genre before! >:C).

- A MMORPG (See above).

- A game that involves death. Ever again. ("Oh, Satoshi wouldn't want to put death in the games! He himself said it would upset the children!!!" Um, your own monsters dying. Your character killing someone. That's what he meant, genius. I think he wouldn't want to shield the children of Japan from death completely - people do die from old age or illness, and you can't escape that, yanno. It's a natural thing that they can't live in ignorance of. The sooner they come to terms with it, the better. The things I said were no-no's above are bad because they stop the children from coming to terms with them).

If they ever made an E10 game with painful/powerful-looking attacks (like the Stadium games), a plot that didn't make you a speshul sparkleflake who must save the world (which I found tremendously overused and stupid at age ten), and no rampant sexism, which didn't shy away from death completely, I would be in love, even if the monsters themselves sucked.

YES.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Profe
post Aug 14 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #67

Lavender Water
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 050

Eggs

I remember seeing a picture and it was Ash, Misty and I think Brock and everyone was looking so awesome. Pikachu had a scar like Kenshin's on his face <3

and the caption read "Pokemon, it could have been much better"

I can't find it though

--------------------
+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Aug 14 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #68

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

I think there should be a compromise made between the two. Make an entirely new series with entirely new characters, and make that one more teenage and a little older and be shown later.

But at the same time keep the anime series as it is.

Keep the games the same- they are fine

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Nona the Teddiur...
post Aug 14 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #69

Pokefanatic of Teddiursa
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 937

Angry Mama-Bear Party

QUOTE(Azure Butterfly @ Aug 14 2009, 10:32 AM) *
Also, less of this sexist garbage. I want to play as a girl who doesn't wear all pink and a skirt and everything she owns is pink. Chris was not girly like that at all (and now they've replaced/redesigned her so she is).

...YES! My point exactly about the "Girly Girl."

Look at the new HeartGold/SoulSilver remake-girl. I hate the hat, I hate the pigtails, I hate the overalls...AND SHE GETS A WHITE AND PINK POKEDEX!

Uh...No. Either give me the standard red one, or let me choose the colors, if there is more than one color scheme.

I want Chris back. I want those biker-shorts back so badly. And the blue hair. No more skirts, no more brightly-colored outfits...Just a basic traveling outfit like the boy!

*sigh* I want a tough girl. A girl that can kick ass.

But that'll never happen, because "Oh, the girls playing this will want to play a girly girl." ...GROW UP. We need STRONG female rolemodels in games, NOT PRETTY ONES.

--------------------

My friend made this sprite for me. I do not claim to own it, she was the one who created it, as a commission for me.
+Quote Post

Avyuir
post Aug 14 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #70

Fire Pokemon Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 850

Fire Masters

You have to admit that Pokemon Colisseum and Pokemon XD were rather a bit dark.

Anyway I don't think they need to change the games very much. Maybe they could make them a bit darker but in my opinion pokemon is a game made for everyone to play.

And just because you're older doesn't mean you don't have to not like it. Hell I'm going to be 17 soon and I still like the pokemon games

--------------------
oh.gif cute baby charmanders!
>><<
one clickers

Click my babies and I'll click back if I'm around ^_^.gif

On the hunt for a shiny Charmander!

+Quote Post

Lacesso
post Aug 25 2009, 07:47 PM
Post #71

burp
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 386

Platinum Party

Just run two games alongside each other. Perhaps the 3rd game in each generation could be a darker, more realistic game. Not so much that it scares kids to nightmares, but enough so that the general populance wouldn't be so afraid to embrace it.

Pokémon never get hurt, they just faint. And in the Animé, they are instantly not-fainted after being returned. Pokémon rarely die. I still don't know what makes a pokémon die, certainly not through battling or Ashs pikachu would have died long ago!

They have the Dark pokémon in the trading card game (I think) so it might translate pretty well into a dark game.

--------------------

Pokédex completion: 493/493
Services I can perform for free! (click to show)

People who have used my services on these forums! (click to show)

All my pokémons for trade are at Pokémon Elite 2000 forums click to visit! WARNING: EXTERNAL LINK
I play RuneScape

+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Aug 26 2009, 04:16 PM
Post #72

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

I like the way the games are.

They should make the characters in the anime a few years older considering how long Ash has been travelling. He hasn't changed much since the first season, he still usually rushes in to battle with not very much strategy and just goes full force ahead.

Then if he loses he comes up with a new strategy that he overuses until the opponent knows it. Then he still wins, then they continue their journey. Then it happens again and again. @_@

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

Alaya
post Sep 26 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #73

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 898

My favorites!

Oh god yes.

I dont think it needs to be gory or anything. But it would be nice if Team Rocket/Magma/whatever didnt always lose in the end.
It'd be nice if Ash + pals didnt (almost) always obtain pokemon by asking if they'd like to join.
I want pikachu to either evolve or disappear for a while.
I want the characters that have been around for FOREVER to grow up some.
etc

This post has been edited by Alaya: Sep 26 2009, 10:06 PM

--------------------

Please help me get Prinplup to level 50!

+Quote Post

Wizboy777
post Sep 27 2009, 12:50 AM
Post #74

Surviving Life
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 154

Ruby Team

What I really want is an Anime based on Colosseum and XD and have Wes and Rui be the main characters. And there would an actual storyline in this Anime. Not the predictable "beat 8 gyms and go to the Pokemon League" storyline you see with Ash, but the actual storyline of Colosseum and XD. And this Anime, since it's based on the games, should be darker and more mature than the one with Ash. It says in the games that the Shadow Pokemon are attacking people; well, show that in the Anime. And have some actual canon romance with Rui having a crush on Wes, and then by the end of the series they'll be together or something.

I'm not saying to cancel the current Anime. That one is fine for kids. But have a little spinoff based on the adventures of Wes and Rui that's geared towards the older audience. "Closing the hearts of Pokemon," Pokemon attacking people, plot twists, real OPEN romance (like a dramatic kiss at the end or something), and maybe some blood here and there. The concept of Shadow Pokemon is interesting enough. Brainwashed, "evil" Pokemon. That's certainly dark enough without stepping too much out of "the boundary."

If they do that, Nintendo will win my heart forever. (And plus, Wes and Rui look like an awesome couple. ^.^)

This post has been edited by Wizboy777: Sep 27 2009, 12:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

TheIgDemon
post Sep 27 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #75

What are you looking at? >.>
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 990

My Favorites

QUOTE(Wizboy777 @ Sep 27 2009, 01:50 AM) *
What I really want is an Anime based on Colosseum and XD and have Wes and Rui be the main characters. And there would an actual storyline in this Anime. Not the predictable "beat 8 gyms and go to the Pokemon League" storyline you see with Ash, but the actual storyline of Colosseum and XD. And this Anime, since it's based on the games, should be darker and more mature than the one with Ash. It says in the games that the Shadow Pokemon are attacking people; well, show that in the Anime. And have some actual canon romance with Rui having a crush on Wes, and then by the end of the series they'll be together or something.

I'm not saying to cancel the current Anime. That one is fine for kids. But have a little spinoff based on the adventures of Wes and Rui that's geared towards the older audience. "Closing the hearts of Pokemon," Pokemon attacking people, plot twists, real OPEN romance (like a dramatic kiss at the end or something), and maybe some blood here and there. The concept of Shadow Pokemon is interesting enough. Brainwashed, "evil" Pokemon. That's certainly dark enough without stepping too much out of "the boundary."

If they do that, Nintendo will win my heart forever. (And plus, Wes and Rui look like an awesome couple. ^.^)

I like that idea! They really should. Pokemon is about the only Anime without any real plot or ending. facepalm.gif

--------------------
My Clickables (click to show)

+Quote Post

ElectricRat
post Sep 29 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #76

Volt Tackle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 914

My Soul Silver Team

QUOTE(Squirtlecuno @ Jul 14 2008, 03:58 PM) *
I personally think that they should, what with all the older fans I know of. As in, a bit more violence, death mentions ok... Just not so little-kiddish. When I walk around the school, I am ashamed to see kindergartners wearing beat-up Pokemon tees and carrying Pokeball backpacks. You know, they have violent animes on at night, so they could even make an anime.

I, personally, would like to see the Legendary Birds rip stuff's eyes out, and Palkia could first remove Ash's spleen, then implode him.

[sarcasm]That's a good idea. Let's tell Satoshi Tajiri right now. While we're at it, let's email Shigeru Miyamoto about making a game where Mario is a mafioso. Give him an AK-47 and then blow the heads off of the citizens of the mushroom kingdom if there are questions of their loyalty. Ride on a Yoshi and have it eat Bowser's minions alive.[/sarcasm]

So what if little rugrats wear Pokemon shirts and all? They also wear wrestling T-shirts. As for the death mentions... you want them, just go to Lavender Town. You're acting like it's the SNES version of Final Fantasy IV and they dumb everything down.

While some things about Pokemon really are aimed more towards kids, part of this is the perception that the franchise is exclusively for kids due to that bombastic mass marketing that occured 10 years ago. It was marketed almost exclusively towards the 12 and under crowd.

As for the anime, I agree they should make it more like the manga and the games. Oh, and they should bring Misty back. Yeah I know they're not going to but still...

That isn't to say that they couldn't make a game in which you played as a slightly older character or even an adult. And I'm not talking about the pokemon ranger games, I'm talking about games in which you catch pokemon and keep them. Who says that adults can't become new trainers? In the anime (when it was still watchable), someone's father began along with her. So why couldn't it happen in a game?

This post has been edited by ElectricRat: Sep 29 2009, 09:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dar Ksereth
post Sep 29 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #77

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 614

My favorite party

pokemon should be a mix of the first movie, with the colisseum games, the mewtwo movie had serious business in it, and now that i watched it as i am older, i notice a lot of antiracism mssgs that i didn't notice as a kid, and the "aura" of colisseum is pretty dark.

and a subseries based exactly from colisseum would be awesome, and a nice refresh of the obvious routine.

--------------------
The One and Only

Viral

you are compelled to poke them.
+Quote Post

eyani
post Sep 29 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #78

Yashuria hunt. I'll get you soon love.
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 579

My Favorite Party

QUOTE(xGVx @ Aug 14 2009, 10:34 AM) *
I remember seeing a picture and it was Ash, Misty and I think Brock and everyone was looking so awesome. Pikachu had a scar like Kenshin's on his face <3

and the caption read "Pokemon, it could have been much better"

I can't find it though

You mean this one right? (click to show)

As for this, I think Pokemon should be geared a little differently. I'd like to see a little blood in my Pokemon, you know? The thought of them being living creatures makes me happy. Same for them dying. As much as I know that there is a cemetery in all the games, there isn't any death anywhere. When it came up in more recent movies, I was a little happy about that. And of course, who wants their Pokemon to die? I know I wouldn't, but it could be brought up every once in a while... Though, I'll always like my safe and subtle Pokemon, though Team Rocket could always get their guns and missles back. >___>U Stupid grabby hands everywhere...

--------------------

~~
An ever changing party. Darkrai will never leave it. I'm Abs-entric right now! =DDD Shiny Absol hunt!!!

Quiz (click to show)
+Quote Post

Ezequiel Lavezzi
post Sep 30 2009, 04:59 PM
Post #79

The lone wanderer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 170

The Alpha Squad

I've always wanted an older version of pokemon. were the trainers have evolved pokemon and actually win battle through training.
xD

--------------------
"Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?"

+Quote Post

The Creationist
post Oct 4 2009, 03:59 PM
Post #80

-- mortal god . ☆
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 148

i n d i g o

There's always Pokemon Special..
It's a very dark manga series of Pokemon, though the characters are still around 12-13.
I believe Pokemon and people actually die in the series.. that's what I hear anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:48 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.