Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
NPC Bug, NPC doesn't make moves
PkmHunter
post Aug 1 2011, 08:51 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 35 639

The Soul Reaper

I got it both in Opera, Firefox and Chrome where I was on with super high speed connection (around 2 MB/sec for downloading stuff)

--------------------

Please fix the NPC Bug reported since March 2011

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Aug 2 2011, 09:34 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

25th and 26th came along with each other in less than a minute

26th: I tried to refresh the screen as much as I could when Vaniluxe got killed but didn't switch out.

--------------------

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Aug 4 2011, 09:02 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

the 27th

--------------------

Bug Photo Collection lol

+Quote Post

Eternal Nocturne
post Aug 4 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 74 007

<3

Aww Hunty, I wish you could just stop battling the NPCs instead of leaving GPX+ as a whole...

Oh well, it's your decision. x_x.gif *sigh*

I'll miss you. noes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Aug 10 2011, 09:21 AM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

I'm not much of a clicker anyways. If this little bug isn't going to be heard (for 5 months already), what should you expect any greatness this game would (perhaps) bring?

And lol the 28th

--------------------

Bug Photo Collection lol

+Quote Post

Big Papi
post Aug 10 2011, 03:23 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 134 427

Active Squad

I never got this bug... i battle npc's in chrome opera and safari.

Hunter, the mods dfont have a lot of time. One little bug isn't thier first priority

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jen
post Aug 10 2011, 03:42 PM
Post #47

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

Quited because of the ignorance from Admins about the little NPC bug reported 5 months ago, NO REPLY, NO CLUE, NOTHING?!"

Err... well this is Jeff's area to mess with and he's been busy. Not exactly for all five of those months though, I just mean currently and I don't know when he's going to be back home again.

I see him answering threads every now and then, so I guess message him? Can't guarantee he'll reply though.

Yeah, I saw DK post about not messaging staff, but... 5 months...

Edit: Wait, you've only had that problem happen 28 times the whole 5 months? That doesn't seem like such a big deal... I mean, sure, it's a glitch, but not something to..... well... yeah..

This post has been edited by Jen: Aug 10 2011, 03:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nic
post Aug 10 2011, 03:49 PM
Post #48

Immaturity archive
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 93 927

Nerve damage

I have experienced this bug a few times when battling, but that's about it. I think it happens (at least on my end) due to me going too fast with my clicks for selecting moves. Recently though when I found this to happen again, I switched to a different page on the site (as posted before in this topic). I returned to the battle I had with the NPC to see that it was back to before the 'bug' kicked in. Like said in a prior post, this has a minimal success rate however...

I have to be frank though, in regards to PKMHunter - the way you've handled yourself over this has been rather poor. Calling the staff on a whole ignorant on your GPX journal because you have this bug happen 28 times out of... 8,000+ battles is really messed up. There have been a couple of minor bugs or so that I've noticed awhile ago that hasn't been quite fixed but that doesn't mean that I'm going to throw a hissy fit over it. The staff does have other, mainly bigger, fish to fry - try to give them a break! =/

edit - lmao kinda ninja'd, whoops

This post has been edited by Nikki64: Aug 10 2011, 03:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Masked Man
post Aug 10 2011, 07:59 PM
Post #49

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 131 627

Densetsu no

Oh this happened to me a couple times, except once I was fighting Youngster Joey, then it just stopped without the battle even starting!

--------------------

+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Aug 15 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #50

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

It happened periodically as I didn't battle often like I was used to when BT first came around because of the bug. The last 3 days I battled, I got it in each with different comps, browsers, good connections and obviously with "care" (without care, the number would have rocketed). It even kicked in after I refreshed the screen, changed browsers (for the last 2 times) and everything I could. When it happened, you got no way to get away from it and that's it, you either get stuck or forfeit.

Well, after 5 month patiently waiting for a single reply from someone from the staff that the issue is being handled or at the very least looked at, I'm being blamed for handling the issue poorly. I contacted the staff, not spamming though as I only did send an email explaining things, and got none response and that's why this thread has gone up to 3 pages. I honestly didn't mean to call out the whole staff ignorant and I should have reworded myself in the first place, which I have now. For that, I'm sorry, it was emotional after a long while. Btw do you really think I got 8k battles all from NPCs alone?

--------------------

Bug Photo Collection lol

+Quote Post

Special K
post Aug 15 2011, 10:02 PM
Post #51

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

QUOTE(PkmHunter @ Aug 15 2011, 09:45 PM) *
When it happened, you got no way to get away from it and that's it, you either get stuck or forfeit.

Well, after 5 month patiently waiting for a single reply from someone from the staff that the issue is being handled or at the very least looked at, I'm being blamed for handling the issue poorly. I contacted the staff, not spamming though as I only did send an email explaining things, and got none response and that's why this thread has gone up to 3 pages. I honestly didn't mean to call out the whole staff ignorant and I should have reworded myself in the first place, which I have now. For that, I'm sorry, it was emotional after a long while. Btw do you really think I got 8k battles all from NPCs alone?

I still don't really think forfeiting a whopping total of less than 30 battles over a 5 month period seems so terrible that it's worth spamming this topic over? Maybe that's just me. If we were talking like... numerous battles a day... on a daily basis... then I could see... but the fact that you ~have~ to forfeit when it happens doesn't really seem all that terrible to me, especially not for so few battles over 5 months - maybe I'm just not understanding something o.O

Anywho, I can't remember when/where I saw this so maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I feel like I remember either an admin or mod or someone saying before that if they don't reply, it's because there's nothing new to update on. So if you've already messaged them, they may be quite aware of the problem but just haven't been able to figure out HOW to fix it yet? & sure it'd be nice to get some acknowledgement that you've been heard, but like I said, I think someone once said before that with ALL they have to deal with, rather than waste their time replying to every single problem someone brings up when they have nothing new to say about it, it's easier to just announce when they've been able to get started on a solution. So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply just to tell you they're looking at it, and it's prooooobably just redundant to double post all the time with the exact same thing xD
+Quote Post

Jen
post Aug 15 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #52

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Granger Danger @ Aug 15 2011, 10:02 PM) *
So if you've already messaged them, they may be quite aware of the problem but just haven't been able to figure out HOW to fix it yet?
Pretty much this. Sorry I never came back and replied, but I did ask about it, and I was told that Jeff has actually looked into it, but could never figure out what was causing the problem.

I agree that it would be cool if something was said about certain things, like I've suggested that mods respond to sibling reports and such, but yeah. Maybe they just forget to reply to things sometimes. Or, like Granger Danger said, just don't want to unless they actually have a solution.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nic
post Aug 16 2011, 08:43 AM
Post #53

Immaturity archive
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 927

Nerve damage

@PkmHunter - The Battle Tower is a big deal for you, yes, but this bug issue shouldn't have gotten that emotional for you in the first place. =/ As with the above posts, I gotta agree. Would you have preferred a post from the staff acknowledging this topic but give you no information at all? That seems like it would be more annoying for you in the long run...

(You obviously didn't get 8,000+ wins from the NPCs alone, by the by >_> I was more or less making a point regarding the ratio of the bug with the overall battle percentage. )

--------------------
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Sep 21 2011, 05:28 PM
Post #54

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

First of, I'd like to thank you for your comments. I thought I could help to fix the bug since I know the details how it happened and I had been a GM in other Pokemon game and we worked together to test/fix exploited bugs. So that's it, if it can't be fixed, then fine. I guess my offer to help is rejected.

Well it's really getting emotional since I'm working towards 99% winning rate and with the increase in losses, it takes more wins to achieve my goal. I would now need 746 battles won now to achieve that with 92 losses and if I ever got 3 more forfeits, it would then take 1043 more battles. Quite a lots of work for just a few single losses right?

I could well battle players for more wins, which is much faster and a better way to earn points, but it would hinder their incentives for BT. Some battlers, who used to battle me, now don't want to battle again. That's the reason why I keep taking on NPCs and also why I wrote that in journal.

Well I've been back for about a week and it's been so nice, until today when I got another 2 bugs as my 29th and 30th forfeit, haizzz....

--------------------

Bug Photo Collection lol

+Quote Post

Raiko Uchiha
post Sep 27 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #55

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 611

Fire gym

This would be huge problem when farming for nuggest, but sadly I never had that problem, I used to have a problem where it would jump back 1-2 turns but now its over. still wish you the best Pkmn...

--------------------
<-おねがい Check out Diva Meloetta! 

Mega Shiny Team <3:
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Oct 2 2011, 10:50 AM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

Thanks Raiko. But I got another 3 losses since then, hope it won't haunt me again.

Oh yeah that's a good way to farm items but that wasn't on my book until today. I'll take note of that happy.gif

--------------------

Bug Photo Collection lol

+Quote Post

Apple Bloom
post Oct 11 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #57

Hi am a Apple Bloom fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 110 919

Ponies <3333333333

Really wish they fixed it so you can get online and battle

--------------------

Art made for me(credit for the creators) (click to show)

Awards (click to show)

Previously Sweetie Bloomaloo,Apple Bloom,Mizuhisa,Mizuki Himeji,Lucky Star 9,Kenitchi Shirihama n Mari, Birdy Seafann Artita,pallkia
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Oct 12 2011, 08:02 AM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

Let's hope and in the meantime, let us suffer...

Now as the number has gone up to 40, 10 more since my last report and notably the recent double bugs within 5 minutes, it's frustrated that it's not even being looked at.

Other images have been uploaded here, not all, as I was too bored to save every bug, but most of them.

--------------------

Bug Photo Collection lol

+Quote Post

Something is Odd...
post Oct 14 2011, 02:59 PM
Post #59

Hey! Where's the clicker?
Group Icon

From: Not sure, no visible landmarks. Perhaps one of the moons of Venus?
Member No.: 13 801

You're in trouble now

Got it for the first time today

--------------------
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Oct 30 2011, 01:47 PM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

The Soul Reaper

I got 4 more in 2 weeks. Is it possible for our Admins to take a little time to look into this? I'm willing to cooperate :-s

--------------------

Bug Photo Collection lol

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:40 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.