Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Clicking Strategies, When you try to bring others to your page, what strats do you use?
SilverLynx
post May 6 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19 131

My PKMN Yellow Team

Obviously a signature is one of them, but I'm not an active poster on the forums.

Generally, I've found that giving people single clicks (out in the 'dex) is best. That way I contact the maximum amount of users in the minimum amount of time.

If any users respond (by clicking any of my eggs) I finish clicking all of theirs.

Now this has gotten me one of two responses - either the other person taps just one of my eggs, and they don't return to finish my eggs, or they tap all (eventually).

But I've found (so far) that it's better than tapping full sets of eggs then getting no response at all for the effort.

Spoons:

What are your dex-tapping strats?
Do you only tap your friends, or do you tap anyone you think might be active?
Do you respond (with taps) to single-clickers?
Do usernames have an effect on who you tap?
Do you ever single-click or do you always tap all?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

painless
post May 6 2009, 08:04 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 246

Active Squad

In response to the first part: I post on the forums, I click sigs of the people that seem to be online, I click people on the online users list (just highlight a dozen from the top, click their eggs, refresh the list, do the same), and I return clicks to those that clicked mine.

To the 2nd part: If I click first, I always click full party. When responding to clicks, I click full party of those who clicked 4-6 of mine, and click for click to the one-two clickers. Usernames have no effect unless I remember that a person with a certain name never returns my clicks by the end of my day.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Rairai
post May 6 2009, 08:06 AM
Post #3

Dog-Watching, Bird-Catching Puppy
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 387

Sapphire Team

If I'm clicking first, I click entire parties, often between 15 - 20 parties at a time from Users Online list or from active/'hot' topics. I always click back full party, no matter how many clicks I got, because I have nothing better to do and it gives me more money to buy stuff >w<

--------------------

Click all mine, I'll click all yours~
Everyone gets click-backs. It earns me moneys to buy thunderstones >D

/is aiming for all bird- and dog-type pokemon.

In Daycare
(And breeding)
x
fxm

Level 100's (click to show)
+Quote Post

Brillosaurus
post May 6 2009, 08:09 AM
Post #4

The Flying Dutchman
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 17 815

My Dreamteam

I click in the users online list, but I like the forums more. It's fun to read posts and then click. pinch.gif
I always click full party's, but if someone clicks me first and just once - yea, the famous "oneclickers" - then they won't get anything back. Annoying, greedy people. Yuck.

--------------------
Eevee Army (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post May 6 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #5

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I click the entire party of people who have eggs in their signatures. Even if someone single-clicks me, I click their whole party because that means that I get more shop credits and a higher chance of finding MissingNo. There's also just no shame in raising my interactions count. Sometimes, I like to think that one-clicks are simply coming from people clicking the "random" button, but I like your strategy, SilverLynx.

So many people click my eggs first that I generally spend the majority of my time repaying clicks, haha. I figure that either my name appears high in the "users online" list because it begins with a "B", or that people are just clicking my signature.

If I feel that my generosity towards one-clickers is being taken advantage of, however, I'll join the rest of the userbase who returns a single click or none at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Earth
post May 6 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #6

Derp.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 929

Active Squad

Sigs. Duh.

And another of my strategy is using a click-exchange site (Yarolds), it still helps a bit =]

--------------------
||

2.06M interactions and counting...

+Quote Post

Volmise
post May 6 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #7

.:Light Up The Night:.
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 388

.:Fireflies:.

Sigs and click exchanges are working nice for me.

Being active on the forums tends to help as well. <3

--------------------
+Quote Post

Axel
post May 6 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #8

RIDIN' ON CARS
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 108

SoulSilver Knytes

I post in forums mostly, both here and elsewhere, with my party in my signature or post format. That's how I get the majority of my clicks.

When I want to draw people in, I either make a new topic on this forum, or I go to the Users Online list and click the names that appeal to me (generally elemental names, but ALWAYS capitalised, if your name is in all lowercase and I see it on the Users Online list, I most likely will ignore it).
When I click first, I click every egg and Poké I can on the party, always.
People who interact with all of my party are more than likely going to get clicked back, unless I'm really busy.
People who interact with one of my party will only get clicked back if I'm really bored, and I only click ONE of theirs.
People who interact with some of my party (eg if I have 5 Pokés and they click 2 or 3) don't get clicked back at all.

--------------------
+Quote Post

MijuMiju
post May 6 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #9

Wilczyca
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 801

The Pack of Mine

I post on forums, with my party in sig, always up to date, but it's mainly for views. My main source of clicks is the dex itself.

First I return all the clicks I get. If a person clicked my entire party, I click all of theirs. If just 1, then I click just 1 too (usualy the one that won't hatch anytime soon anyway, or choosing a wrong berry for purpouse :P). If I have time, I may come back to the un-bolded list to check it again and settle the bills, but it's not often.

I get people to click from the 'online' page, and I click their whole parties. It's the fastest way for me, and works well. Also, if I need to get afk for a while, I'm leaving the dex page on 15s autorefresh, so I'm still on the top of 'online' page, geting clicks from people that click similar to me, to return them when I'm back.

that would be about all grin.gif

--------------------

Releasing MegaAbsol: 37/50
Next release: 15/16.03.2014: +12
[font="Impact"][/font]
+Quote Post

RedspiderLily
post May 6 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #10

Pokemon Otaku
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 120

Team Darkness

I use the signature, and the Users Online. I click on the name and click their whole party.
I remember the names of some of the good clickers, so I know I will get clicks back.

--------------------
Friend

Gotta Catch 'em All

"Clicking Back" is a common courtesy!
+Quote Post

Wolven
post May 6 2009, 09:22 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 19 240

Active Squad

I was just using the online list and returning clicks given to mine, though I'm now using the forums a lot more and clicking sigs. I've taken to adding and updating my own too. I particularly try to click on those who respond to a question or may help me with something, or someone who is helping a lot of people etc.

I tend to end up clicking someones entire party regardless of how many of mine they've looked at, though sometimes I'll match them 1 for 1.

--------------------
I only want to click one egg says you? Then click this one then, says I:

Will click & feed for clicks!.....also.... when I have extra free time XD
+Quote Post

xDaNx
post May 6 2009, 10:49 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 12 185

Active Squad

Well I use everything xD I have signatures in at least 5 forums, so lots of times I recieve just 1 interaction for the whole party xD but I reply the people with the same so if someone interacts with 1 of my pokemon I do it with one of his/her pokemon and if it interacts with all my party, I do the same, even if my party is 4 pokemon and he/she has 6 xD

And if someone clicks, for example, only 4 of my six pokemon/eggs because he/she only has 4, then I do the same thing, click just a part of his/her team. I always repay what people gives to me, exactly the same way they do xD "an eye for an eye"

In any case, I never click just one pokemon, if I interact other people's party, I do the full thing, and after a day, I do it again only for the people that did the same thing and the other ones I never click them again xD in any case, I use to see how much interactons has a user before I decide to interact with his/her party, so if I see someone with like 40 pokemon in the dex and onle 1.000 interactons, I know that people doesn't repay so I avoid it, but if I see someone with 40 pokemon and 4/5k interactions then I give it a try xD

So I just click people which unique pokemon obtained is at least 1% of their interactions, like:

100 pokemon - 10.000 interactions
50 - 5.000
20 - 2.000

But I only do that for people I click first, I repay every time if someone interacts with my party before I do =3

P.S. Sorry if it's hard to understand xD it is hard to explain and my native language isn't english so I still need to practice a lot

This post has been edited by xDaNx: May 6 2009, 10:50 AM

--------------------
I ALWAYS repay de favour =) ('cause I'm bored xD)

Click here to visit my party and check it!

Eye for an eye policy, so I only repay full party for the ones that click my full party =)
and 50% for the ones who click only 50%
+Quote Post

Windmill Key
post May 6 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 443

Active Squad

Wow, xDaNx, for English not being your native language, you're pretty decent with it =3

In any case, I generally tend to rely on return clicks. I go through threads in this forum and click on signatures who state they click back [or all if I've the time]. Occasionally I'll look through the Users Online list as well, though... I tend to go through signatures more. -shrug-

EDIT: Whoops, I can't read, apparently ... As for how I return single-clicks, that depends on how much spare time I have. Enough time and I'll click all, but no time and I'll just return to them what they did for me.
Usually I like to play the 'One-up' game, where I try to click one more egg than the other person has clicked... [though when it comes to people having 5-6 eggs, that's hard to do, I guess, unless I return later cat.gif~

--------------------
+Quote Post

Freyaaa
post May 6 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 128

Active Squad

As it says in my signature, I pretty much always give full party clicks, all the time. It doesn't take much more time than doing a single click and I'm usually just feeling generous on most days. Plus, if I get a single clicker and I shower them in clicks, usually they feel bad and go click the rest of my party :p

When it comes to finding people to click, I usually just go by who's online at the time. I like instant gratification. lol

--------------------

Mmm, click my eggs...you know you wanna~
I always do full-party clicks. I'm just good like that.

WISHLIST

Murkrow, Delibird, Pichu, Magby, Elekid, Dratini, Smoochum, Cyndaquil, Seel, Happiny, Scyther, Heracross, Farfetch'd, Chingling, Munchlax, Natu, Smeargle, Porygon, Slakoth, Nosepass, Trapinch, Tropius, Grimer, Exeggcute, Nincada, Mareep, Beldum, Squirtle, Charmander, Turtwig, Piplup, Mantyke, Lickitung
The list is gigantic and ever-growing. XD
+Quote Post

RedbudTree
post May 6 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 913

Active Squad

I'm not really sure I have what you could call a true clicking strategy. I click-back, go through the user list, have just started posting here in the forums. . . just basic stuff really.

--------------------
~* *~

~ ~
Deoxys and Clone Bulbasaur!

-- --
Dragons!
+Quote Post

Beacon
post May 6 2009, 11:47 AM
Post #16

Aura Dragon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 702

Breeding Group

I lurk on the forums, as well as posting on the other forums im on.

And i always click back click for click, unless you catch me going to bed xD
i check every so often.

--------------------

I return all clicks unless you catch me when im sleeping xD

|| Deviantart | Art thread | Fanfiction; Bringing Back Aura | Also known as toomoko ||
Other Site clickables (click to show)

+Quote Post

Magnus
post May 6 2009, 11:55 AM
Post #17

The Infinity Pokemon
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 336

Go Puppy Team!

Yup, basically go around the forums looking for people whose signatures say that they click back. And I always click back, click for click, myself. ^_^.gif

--------------------

New eggs, please warm 'em up!

Wishlist: Eevee, Absol, Vulpix, Riolu, Shinx, Snubbull, Misdreavus, Squirtle, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Totodile, Magicarp, Dratini, Treeko, Mudkip, Torchic, Male Ralts, Carvanha, Feebas, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Rotom
+Quote Post

Mivichi
post May 6 2009, 12:02 PM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 837

Green Team

I get enough clicks without doing anything to find people to click. I guess it might be because I'm in the top 10 of some things on the stats page, or maybe just because people remember that I click back.

All I have to do these days is make sure I click back, though that's a bit of a job in itself. I can't stop using snaplinks, even to search for MissingNo eggs while clicking, because otherwise it would just take way too long. Counting single-clickers, yesterday over 350 people clicked me.

Though, there is a GPX thread in a forum that I frequent with lists of active clickers and click-backers. I always click on everyone in both of those lists, and I probably get quite a few clicks from there, too.

This post has been edited by Mivichi: May 6 2009, 12:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lotheneil
post May 6 2009, 01:03 PM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 478

Active Squad

If I'm clicking first I usually use members online list mostly (yup, some don't click back, but at least a half of people do and now I'm getting points as well), rarely signatures here.
Since the shop was implemented I'm getting quite a lot of clicks without having to "advertise" my party in any way. And I click back. Always happy.gif

*Click-backer of the above mentioned forum list* happy.gif

--------------------

All favours returned (unless you catch me asleep happy.gif)
+Quote Post

White Wolf in th...
post May 6 2009, 01:17 PM
Post #20

The dishes are washed good in the washing machine!
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 977

Usual active party

I usaully tend to click all the eggs.

If get a 1 clicker, I'll click 1 or 2 eggs. Depends on the mood I'm in.

--------------------
I DRANK SOME MILK AND REALIZED I WAS SUCKING A GIRLS TIT!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:22 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.