Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
You are a god. Answer this question.
Commander Wymsy
post Jun 22 2008, 01:25 AM
Post #1

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

Somebody has been good all of their life but has honestly not believed that you (God) actually exist. Do you punish this person when they die? No matter what your answer, please explain it.

---

I, for one, would not punish such a person. They've been good and have contributed to the world, why should they be punished? I'd much rather punish a person who hurts/kills others in the name of me (God). Those type of people would be the first I would want to punish, actually. I would much rather judge somebody on how they lived their life than whether they think I'm some crazy made-up being or not. And everybody makes mistakes; I'd be more than willing to forgive somebody for something they did. Even for something like murder. If somebody truly regrets murdering somebody, I would consider forgiving them and rewarding them when they die. Obviously if somebody genuinely don't care about the fact that they cut the live of another person short, I likely wouldn't think twice about them.

Basically, I would be willing to forgive and would only judge somebody on how they lived their life. Not on whether they believed I existed or not. The only "saved" people would be the people who are good and have contributed something positive during their lives.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rhonut
post Jun 22 2008, 09:16 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1 928

Active Squad

Nah i wouldn't punish someone for not believing/believing in something, even if the person had been really mean like mass serial killer i wouldn't punish them that bad, no one deserves eternal suffering. Maybe a good punishment but once only and i wouldn't break bones or burn them or anything like that and then i would give them a big lecture and stick them in some kind of rehab. If i don't punish them that bad and make them happy then they have no more reason to be mean to anyone and everyones happy.

--------------------

Various sprites, credits are at bottom of sig (click to showhide)

Adoptables n' stuff (click to showhide)

Credits (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 22 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #3

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

I wouldn't punish him. Just because he didn't believe in something that sounds farfetched to many, does not mean that he should burn for it; just isn't right.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hisashi Shoutai
post Jun 22 2008, 01:00 PM
Post #4

Old and Retired Bug Gym Leader!
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 000

Old Bug gym

Of Course NOT!
Why would I(God) punish some1 simply because they dont believe in me?
Humans have the right to believe in whatever they want and therefore, not believing in me isnt a crime.

If I did, what kind of God would I be?
sheesh... pinch.gif

--------------------
[align=center]Current Quest: Waiting...
[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][spoiler=My Gym badges] [/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Swordsalmon
post Jun 22 2008, 02:05 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 299

Active Squad

Let's see...it really depends on what he means by not believing. Depending on the faith, this man's nonbelief could be both physical and spiritual. That would be tough to decide.

However, if this man was a good, upright person, helping those in need...it is those who deserve a glorious afterlife. Faith can make a person either a good person or bad, as the same with a lack thereof. Utilimately, what makes us human is our morales, not just faith, though both may intertwine.

--------------------
I have claimed Kanghaskhan.
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jun 22 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #6

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

if i were God, i dont think i would punish anyone. im too much of a wuss to do anything mean. i believe there is some good in everyone and no one deserves to be punished forever.

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Akane
post Jun 22 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #7

What planet you on?
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1 933

Active Squad

Somebody has been good all of their life but has honestly not believed that you (God) actually exist. Do you punish this person when they die? No matter what your answer, please explain it.

Why would I? Like Wymsy said, the person was good and did good deeds throughout their lives. God is supposed to be forgiving and kind, right? So why would it matter whether the person believed in God or not? There are other more violent people out there who do believe in God yet murder others out of greed, right? God is not supposed to be selfish anyways, I would only be punishing that person out of my own selfishness (not believing in me). And that is just plain wrong. They deserve good things in return for being good and helpful during their lifetime.

--------------------

LOL
+Quote Post

Shady
post Aug 18 2008, 08:51 PM
Post #8

#1 Creep
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 661

Active Squad

I wouldn't punish someone for not believing in me. If I where a god, I would want the improve the quality of the world (or, at least try to), and I would not punish those who help do that, even if not in my name.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Carmani
post Sep 29 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #9

The GTS+PL Electric Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 947

Active Squad

O would punish because i'm evil... !!!!! lol... Just kidding.

I would not punish someone who does not believe in me if it was a good one.

I think this will be there majority answer. The kindness and the good heart does not depend on religions or gods.

It's a choice that anyone and everyone makes. Some does not because they're unlucky in life, just that.

Others because they like to be evil!!! Like the joker lol!!

+Quote Post

TQQ
post Sep 30 2008, 08:42 AM
Post #10

Justin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 244

Active Squad

i'm not gonna lie...... i would do the most epc rickroll ever.... i would "god"roll humanity. all the believers and good doers would have to sit in front of a screen playing "never gonna give you up", with my head pasted on rick astley's, for eternity. all the "fun" people would come to paradise and smoke a bottomless joint with me. heybaby.gif

This post has been edited by Moist: Sep 30 2008, 08:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

PuhPuhPuhPi
post Oct 2 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #11

Three point one four one five nine two six...
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 388

Pi's Posse

I like this question a lot. Personally, I have grown up being quite doubtful of God. Being a logical person, I am most comfortable by the guidelines of "if it can be proven, it is real." God is extremely hard to prove. I don't want to diss any believers out there, but where is His proof? We have a book, written many many years ago by a group of people whose culture and beliefs differ vastly from our own today. We also have personal accounts of people witnessing God, but how much can you trust another's experiences?

If God exists, He, unfortunately, seems like a cruel being (please don't smite me!). Corrupt people can live the high life while innocent children are born into a life of disease and poverty in third world countries every day. What is the message of life through the example that God plays out on Earth? Being a good person gives you nothing? If the Earth is a place for God to show example through people, then why is everyone not born equally? Why are the innocent turned into martyrs, and the corrupt living the life that should be promised to the good? Were the medieval priests right? Is this life just a testing ground for the next life? Or does human nature happen to play out so unfavorably without any outer spiritual forces? If God exists, his message is not clear enough for Him to expect everyone to have full faith in him. If He created humankind, then he knows that the reason he instilled in us has a natural tendency to not believe that which cannot be proven.

So, if I was a God, and a person did not believe in me, but was good throughout his lifetime, would I save him? The answer: of course. Life should not be about praying five times a day in the same direction, or circumcising young males because an ancient document said that it is the right thing to do, or prohibiting two people that are truly in love with each other from joining in the most intimate of relationships solely because they are of the same sex. I think in the midst of believing and nonbelieving people have forgotten what life is truly about - being a good person, and following your own morals towards becoming a better individual. People feel good when they do something positive. Shouldn't that be what one's life be judged upon, and not upon their faith in a spiritual being?

--------------------
My friend code for Pearl is
1160-9066-4343
My Friend Code for Diamond, my hack version, is 1805 5204 6808

Thanks sushikitty!
CLICK FOR SOMETHING AMAZING... :3
ludicolo.gif lickilicky.gif I claim Ludicolo and Lickilicky, because no one else will protest about either of them. lickilicky.gif ludicolo.gif
GTS+ Chat. Much like drugs, it's really addicting.
Badges

+Quote Post

Charlemagne
post Oct 2 2008, 11:16 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 916

Pwnzorz

This will be interesting. I was raised in a Christian household, and although we didn't always make it to church, my parents have tried to raise my brothers and I as best they can while following the bible. However, due to a recent crisis of faith, and a lot of time to think, I decided that I can no longer really respect religion of any sort, let my parents think I believe.

What interests me is that humans have decided that one divine being should have control over our eternity. I mean, imagine if god was female and PMSing. But really, if I was god, I would have a jury or council of some sort, and take the majority advice.

--------------------
Come chill here!!

In case you were wondering, my wifi works now, at least until it's fucked up again. And for the most part, I am a technopeasant, internet related things above all.

FC: 0473 6684 5166
Name: ETHAN

I claim , because it's KA.

Read a book. It's good for you. Chris Crutcher, John Scalzi, Steven E. Ambrose, Isaac Asimov, Alastair Reynolds. Seriously people. Educate yourselves.

And by the way, should you need a trainer sprite, go to EmpoleonDynamite, who made my awesome sprite.
+Quote Post

Nivbird
post Apr 13 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #13

all we gotta do is be brave and be kind~
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 6 782

No, I wouldn't punish such a person, because I believe that our "goodness" is somewhat determined from our interactions with other living things, so, if the person hasn't harmed others much, then there's no need for punishment, no matter if that person would believe me (as God), or not.

--------------------

Shiny collection (click to show)
+Quote Post

Dys Tuvai
post Apr 13 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #14

The Sylvan Saber
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 358

Grass-Type Fanatic

Why, thank you! (Revels in newly acquired divine status. Then files it carefully in the list of 'Things To Think About When Being Full Of Yourself Is Required'.)

If I were a God... I honestly don't think I'd have the time, energy and will to watch every single bastard out there and determine who needs to be reprimanded and who needs to be 'saved'. From my point of view, anything from the point I created them on - they did it all themselves, and they can believe whatever they'd want to believe. No hard feelings. After all I am God. I know what I'm capable of and what I'm really worth. I don't need to prove I exist to people all the time just to satisfy my ego, eh?

This post has been edited by Dys Tuvai: Apr 13 2009, 11:00 AM

--------------------

No longer available on GPX+ for now. Don't bother clicking me. Thank you.

+Quote Post

nebz5
post Apr 13 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 265

my team

I wouldn't if a person goes around in life and helps others and contributes to others, does that person really deserve to suffer compared to someone who was alright in life but believed in god. so he gets in and the person who helped others in no expectations for something in return.

--------------------
Pokemans
+Quote Post

HUNK
post Apr 15 2009, 07:01 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 673

Active Squad

No, I wouldn't punish them. They lived a good life, were nice and maybe helpful. Who cares if they didn't believe in me? They will see that I exist, and that they were wrong their whole life.

(It would be something else if the person was a bad person in their life and maybe didn't [or did] believe in me. I'd punish them so bad...~)
+Quote Post

Atom
post Apr 15 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #17

I AM THE KING OF ITALY
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 925

My Slaves

If I were an all-powerful god, I don't think I'd be too concerned with humanity. Nonetheless, I wouldn't punish a person simply for not believing in me. If that person has lived a good life and has treated others with respect and compassion, and encouraged others to do the same, that's good enough for me. I refuse to be a thought police to others, and if someone looked at the facts and concluded there was no god, I'd respect them far more than someone who put no thought into it at all.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Apr 16 2009, 06:57 PM
Post #18

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

If they were a good person, why would I care about whether or not they believed in me? My smitings will be reserved for the scum of the earth, not unbelievers. Mostly because I believe in equal opportunity smitings, and nobody should be exempt. ...I'd love to have a golem try to argue with me, actually. It wouls be fun!

"I don't see any proof you exist." *zap* "I scarcely consider that a logical argument. :|"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sarge
post Apr 17 2009, 02:02 AM
Post #19

is one hoopy frood
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 406

Some of my Faves

Tricky question gets a tricky answer.

I'm assuming that by God you mean the Christan/Catholic/Jewish/Morman whatever God, Yahweh. If I was that god I suppose I would throw a hissy-fit and condem him to hell. That's just was Yahweh does. Then I might set all the nice people in that dead person's family on fire - JUST FOR THE HELLUVIT - and send them to hell too, because, you know, I'm Yahweh.

Now, if I were a godess I would probably be a godess in a polytheistic religion, with lots of God and Godess friends to pal around with. In this case, the afterlife probably wouldn't even be in my department (I'd much rather be the Godess of the Arts or the Godess of Literature or the Godess of Snark or something like that), but assuming death is my department (not that I'd want to be the smelly garbage lady) I probably wouldn't give a damn one way or another what this person did in life. I'd appoint a lesser god to keep track of mortal deeds. Or maybe I'd set up a thing with a scale to balance a person's heart against a feather or something (no cheating by drilling holes in your heart to make it lighter!!). That seems like the best way, less paper work and all.

As the Godess of Death and, apparently, Judgement After Death, I wouldn't give a damn one way or the other if people believed in me. Obviously they'd believe in DEATH (10/10 people die, in the end), but it's the other thing, Judgement After Death, that I wouldn't care if they believed in. Of course, if they DID NOT believe in Judgement After Death and decided to live a bad life (causing intentional harm by action or inaction), well, that's their problem. The way I see it, a person should want to do good while they're alive because goodness - like badness - creates a ripple affect. If you treat others the way you'd like to be treated they're more likely to do you the same service, it preserves order and ensures the survival of the human race. To do otherwise is either asinine or stupid. To hell with them! The great thing about this is that you don't need to believe in Judgement to be a good person. There are pleanty of reasons to be good IN THIS LIFE alone. Also pleanty of reasons to be bad, of course, but that's their decision.

That's assuming I'd actually want to sort people out in death. Everyone could be equal in death, that would make my job a lot easier. I could have just one big waste basket marked "HUMAN SOULS". Everybody in! This system might be better (no loop holes for naughty people like Hitler!) or it might be worse (you get to spend eternity with Hitler). Frankly, I don't care. I've got more important things to do than waste my time on you people.

Sure, humans are fun for the first ten thousand years, but after that all you do is Twitter and pwn n00bs on your X-Box. Yawn. If I wanted that, I'd go play Halo on MY X-Box. GOD'S X-BOX. Anyway, while you're busy rotting away all those nifty brain cells I made for you, I'll be over here on this side of the universe making super novas happen.

BIG EXPLOSIONS.

And I'll use the material left over from these massive explosions to create NEW planets, BETTER planets with BLACK JACK and HOT GUYS. eyes.gif

Why?

Because I'm a freaking GOD, that's why.

You tiny ants are only worth my time for as long as you manage to entertain my INFINITE INTELLECT with your petty wars and violence and occasional bursts of compassion followed inexorably by extended periods of monotonus stupidity that would be an insult to the very god that created you, had I not blessed you with ignorance with the intent that your lack of understanding of the universe would drive you, in anguish, to seek and probe and discet until you stripped away every last ounce of raw material from your planet, having digested and made waste of the forbidden fruit, casting your race back into the primitive, primordial hell hole from whence I created you, you ape, you amphibion, you bacteria, you single celled organism.

.... On the other hand, I guess I could just be a... a benevolent godess. blink.gif

Naw. I'd never sell any Bibles that way.

This post has been edited by Sarge: Apr 17 2009, 02:05 AM

--------------------
.:: You click; I click. ::.

I'm a college student. Be patient!
==| Sarge uses your Poke'mon's favorite berry |==

yay quizzes (click to show)

+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Apr 17 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #20

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sarge @ Apr 17 2009, 03:02 AM) *
.... On the other hand, I guess I could just be a... a benevolent godess. blink.gif

Naw. I'd never sell any Bibles that way.

...You win an internet. That made me laugh so hard.

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:22 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.