Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Getting the Metalliclaws Out!
Living Arrow
post Aug 16 2009, 03:29 PM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

The cold winds of Arasam curled through the streets on their aloof courses around the mountain, drawing puffs of steam from the mouths of the pedestrians in the city. Four trainers walked those streets with a destination clearly in mind but none of them really knew what they would do once they got there. The lack of expectation was unnerving to all of them but one in particular was down right petrified.

Holy crap! I’m not ready for this! Two hours prep and hardly a combination worth mentioning between my two battlers? I might as well take the runner-up token now!

Darryn chewed angrily at the insides of his cheeks, silently berating himself for falling for Troy’s persistent charms. Despite having the support of his friends and the accessories needed to make a fine entrance in a Contest Appeal, he really didn’t feel all that appealing. The past two hours had flown by and now he was being herded into the second embarrassment of the day. How Darryn managed to get himself into these things was a mystery but he always was a sucker for pretty boys.

“The one thing you must remember is to use your Pokemon’s power completely. I don’t mean its strength or speed. What I mean is its inner ability to refine its attacks into their most efficient and impressive forms. Let’s take your Butterfree for example.” Troy coached Darryn from a bench on the side of the sparring field at the Pokemon Center. Jaima was busy with Meiko on the other field but for some reason, Tuesday had chosen to watch Darryn train for a while.
The topic of focus for the moment was the Appeal Round. Apparently, only one Pokemon could be selected and it was an opportunity to show of the Pokemon’s quality of care and raising by effectively showing off its attacks and abilities in a chosen category. Since he would have to save his strongest Pokemon for the Battling Round, Darryn had decided to go with India for the appeal. lady, November and Bravo would be with Joy for hours yet, still recovering from their Gym battle previously. Lady had protested that Darryn should take part in any form of battling without her there, but the Nurse had sedated her before she had oppotunity to burn his face off. Even so, Lady had fought the drowziness and managed to convince Darryn to allow her to come and watch, despite being wrapped in several bandages.

“She’s called India, by the way.” Darryn corrected Troy, smiling up at the round purple face looking down at him from her perch on the human’s head.

You’re called India! Stop interrupting and listen up!” Troy whined, pouting like a child. Darryn didn’t really see the pout as such. Instead, the perfect formation of those full lips caught his attention, making him feel so…
“OK, so what you need to do is select an attack and perfect its execution while making sure you are able to move into the next move as smoothly as possible so it doesn’t look too rehersed.”

“O…K… doesn’t seem too hard…” Darryn held a finger to his chin in thought for a moment. “Now… what moves does India have again?... Right, I remember!” His Butterfree swept off his head and out onto the field, her wings wide and firm as she prepared to show off her moves. “Let’s go with Stun Spore, India.”

The Butterfree climbed higher in the air and squealed with delight, spinning slowly while beating her wings and released gold-yellow spores into the air. The shimmering motes of paralysing dust fell in a spiral cascade even as India soared higher, creating a golden-fountain.

“OK, India. Stop it now and use Gust to keep the spores in the air around you. Remember what Troy said though, and keep it smooth as possible!”

“So, Darryn. How did the combinations for your appeal come together? They’re probably not as good as Jaima’s, mind.” Meiko teased as they made their way up the street towards the Contest Hall. Darryn looked at her out of the corner of his eye and held his breath. Saying ‘I doubt it’ would be rude but saying ‘Yeah, you’re right’ would be defeatist.

“They looked really really good by the end of the training.” Tuesday piped up for once. Darryn hope she was right. He really wanted Troy, an experienced Co-ordinator, to be able to see that his beautification techniques were just as efficient even if he had been focusing on the strength and power of his battlers for Gym battles.

The Contest Hall came into view. A grand building that looked more like a sports arena from the outside by with so many bright lights and star-shaped ornaments, rippling banners and uniformed employees made it so much more garish than the bland counterpart Gym on the other side of town. Spectators, yes – SPECTATORS, were buying tickets at the entrance and making their way inside with big smiles on their faces and autographs books in their hands. One particular group of people had clearly come as fans of a particular Co-ordinator, all dressed in the same bright pink with a banner reading “The Grace of Stacie” shared between them. Darryn gulped.

“I had no idea it was such a popular event… There’s going to be an audience, like a proper one from shows on tv. Why wasn’t I told this before?!” Darryn demanded of no-one in particular, crying inside as they drew closer to the contestant registration booth at the side entrance, away from the growing crowd at the main doors. “We should probably just go to Petropolis instead.”

“Oh, man up, Darryn!” Meiko poked him in the ribs. “It’s just a few people – they can’t hurt you.”

“A FEW!?” Darryn gestured at the seething mass of people. “Does that look like a few to you?! They’ll all be watching and expecting so much and I’ve never even done this before! God, my routine is so stupid and I’m going to make a complete fool of myself… Let’s just go back to the Pokemon Center and saddle up for the south west? Next badge. Right, Jaima? How’s that sound instead?”

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Living Arrow   Getting the Metalliclaws Out!   Aug 16 2009, 03:29 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday looked up (This whole being shorter than e...   Aug 17 2009, 01:13 AM
Master Houndoom   This... Was going to suck. Jaima had never once b...   Aug 17 2009, 04:04 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Meiko... would probably have been marked on the We...   Aug 18 2009, 12:02 AM
Living Arrow   “No no nooo…” Darryn moaned quie...   Aug 18 2009, 02:56 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday and Meiko were back in the stands. After...   Aug 19 2009, 02:08 AM
Master Houndoom   Jaima looked at the woman in the kiosk next to Dar...   Aug 20 2009, 03:04 PM
Living Arrow   OOC - Disclaimer (click to showhide)I do not own B...   Aug 21 2009, 02:36 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday was extremely lucky, as the first contest ...   Aug 22 2009, 01:02 AM
Living Arrow   “Wow! Those were some impressive displays of P...   Aug 23 2009, 02:53 PM
Master Houndoom   Meiko had waited with baited breath, much like the...   Aug 23 2009, 04:01 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Oh, poor Darryn. That was Tuesday's first tho...   Aug 24 2009, 02:51 AM
Living Arrow   "Attention! The final round of today...   Aug 24 2009, 01:09 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima backtracked, mentally wincing as the announc...   Aug 25 2009, 12:05 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday was so excited to see Darryn's match a...   Aug 25 2009, 12:52 AM
Living Arrow   When all four Pokemon came onto the battlefield, D...   Aug 26 2009, 12:34 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Sí! Go Zulu! Is your birthday! F...   Aug 27 2009, 02:58 PM
Living Arrow   “Don, use Earth Power! Help Mawwie Out...   Aug 27 2009, 03:42 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "YAY!" Tuesday was pretty sure that...   Aug 27 2009, 08:43 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima began reflecting on his time in Arasam. It w...   Aug 28 2009, 01:43 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Start planning that apology, Reilly," T...   Aug 28 2009, 03:05 PM
Living Arrow   The Ribbon Award Ceremony was a whirlwind of light...   Aug 29 2009, 05:29 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima's eyes actually rolled, but he had to gr...   Aug 29 2009, 06:12 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   The water gun attack was aimed at Dante, but the a...   Aug 30 2009, 11:20 AM
Master Houndoom   Jaima's brow raised. Tuesday's double reca...   Aug 30 2009, 09:21 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Reilly growled as he recalled his fainted Buttercu...   Aug 31 2009, 08:17 PM
Master Houndoom   Joy nibbled her thumbnail. It was a nasty habit th...   Aug 31 2009, 09:48 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday, as a general rule, did not get angry very...   Sep 1 2009, 12:55 PM
Living Arrow   Tuesday's battle roared on in Darryn's eye...   Sep 1 2009, 05:42 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima shook his head when it was over. For Tuesday...   Sep 1 2009, 11:28 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday felt somewhat nervous... okay, really nerv...   Sep 18 2009, 02:21 AM
Living Arrow   Darryn shrank back a little as the group of drunke...   Sep 21 2009, 05:00 PM
Master Houndoom   Meiko's lip curled in disgust as Jaima turned ...   Sep 22 2009, 12:56 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   Between a mix of Metal Claw, Ember, and Mach Punch...   Sep 23 2009, 02:44 AM
Master Houndoom   The emotions riding throughout this battle were al...   Sep 24 2009, 12:50 AM
Living Arrow   “Fry that sissy bug with a Thunderbolt, Electabuzz...   Sep 24 2009, 04:43 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday sighed in relief when Shadow's attack ...   Sep 27 2009, 11:55 PM
Master Houndoom   Meiko backed up, bumping against someone. A look o...   Sep 29 2009, 04:09 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   The calm had begun to return to the area where the...   Oct 7 2009, 01:10 AM
Living Arrow   "Beedrill and Electabuzz, return." The g...   Oct 12 2009, 04:41 PM
Master Houndoom   As Darryn finished his battle, a young man with sp...   Oct 10 2009, 02:45 AM
Master Houndoom   Meiko shook her head, smiling at Darryn's back...   Oct 13 2009, 09:35 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday was antsy. She had tried sitting down ca...   Oct 14 2009, 12:45 AM
Master Houndoom   Jaima sighed. It was a contented sigh. Darryn had ...   Oct 17 2009, 02:04 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   The tin tray sitting on the bedside table rattled ...   Oct 18 2009, 01:41 AM
Living Arrow   “Are you sure you’re doing the right thing?” Troy ...   Oct 18 2009, 04:17 PM
Master Houndoom   Meiko's eyes fluttered open. It took a moment ...   Oct 19 2009, 03:08 PM
Living Arrow   Darryn crouched low to switch on the prepared trac...   Oct 19 2009, 03:57 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Tempest, you smell worse than me!" ...   Oct 19 2009, 08:27 PM
Master Houndoom   "SURPRISE!" Grondir fired leaves st...   Oct 20 2009, 12:44 AM
Living Arrow   *Aw, CRAP! Did I go too far with my gifts?...   Oct 25 2009, 06:27 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   The cake was the icing on the... cake. All right,...   Oct 25 2009, 11:14 PM
Master Houndoom   Jaima was very thoughtful by the time the party br...   Oct 26 2009, 02:16 PM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:51 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.