Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Feminism
oumaghirga
post Mar 23 2014, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Psychologist in Training
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 27 467

The Bros

Depending on where you grew up and what values you were raised to have, feminism can seem like an outrageous idea, or something worth supporting. Discuss your opinions here.

My personal opinion (click to show)
(click to show)

--------------------
Currently a student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst studying in the field of psychology.
[ Pinterest || Steam || Instagram || StumbleUpon ]

"The world is a diagonal... I am the balancing point."

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Indigo League
post Oct 14 2014, 06:09 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 202 094

Active Squad

Feminism has taken a strange turn as far as I can see. Are men and women equal now? No. There are still areas where I know that women are being paid a little less then men (even by just a couple dimes an hour), however that is a small feat... what is bothering me is the fact that no man should EVER touch a woman, but when a woman hits a man, its considered funny and the man should be shamed further because he cannot fight back. That is unfair to me.

I am a woman, and darn proud of it. I would not let anyone walk all over me ever. However I will never hit a man and expect not to be hit back. Yeah a man can do more damage for the most part, but think about it, when it comes to serial killers and bullies, women are far more vicious as history tells.

So yeah maybe women are seen more as objects than men are still to this day, but they are generally objects to care for, while men are shamed when they are being abused. Feminism - the fact that men and women are equal - still has a long way to go before it will ever be a thing in our modern day society. Giving one gender a privilege over another for any reason whatsoever should never be okay
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:33 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.