Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

33 Pages V  « < 31 32 33  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Eggs taking forever to hatch?, Adblocking but not really?
Eggs taking forever to hatch?
Should ad-blockers be penalized?
Yes [ 132 ]  [32.43%]
No [ 275 ]  [67.57%]
Total Votes: 407
Guests cannot vote 

Crystal Talian
post Jan 18 2011, 06:33 PM
Post #641

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 86 152

Active Squad

I keep getting this message:
We have detected that you are using some form of ad-blocking software! It is recommended that you disable it, as ad revenue makes up in most cases the majority of what keeps the site funded and running in the first place. Click here for more information. [Test]

On every single page, and I'm not sure why. I think the adds are loading incorrectly, or something. This really sucks during the hunt, because I'm not doing anything wrong.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting is because I'm getting this message on every single page I load. This usually doesn't happen, so I'm wondering if it's glitching like this for anyone else?

Edit:
Cleared my browser history, that fixed it right up. Well, now I just have to wait four days for my false accusation to go away.

This post has been edited by Crystal Talian: Jan 18 2011, 06:54 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lacrymosa
post Jan 19 2011, 04:15 AM
Post #642

can u not
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 88 119

nyoom

JKGSDFJGSDFJG

While waiting for my 4 days thing to time out, I see this thing YET AGAIN -_-2.gif

We have detected that you are using some form of ad-blocking software! It is recommended that you disable it, as ad revenue makes up in most cases the majority of what keeps the site funded and running in the first place. Click here for more information. [Test]

Does that mean I have to wait 4 more days from now? -_-.gif Just because my connection is a little unstable, it doesn't mean I'm adblocking. Like seriously, that's getting on my nerves. It was going to time out today (I guess), and I'm "adblocking" yet once again. So 4 more days for me. How awesome.

Why does it have to penalize the moment it shows me this warning? Can't they make it so it begins penalizing after A LOT of pages loaded without ads? The first time it flagged me, only one ad failed to load and boom. I'm ad blocking. .-.

I wish the admins were at least willing to help those who got flagged because of connection issues. irritated.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Rofl Copter
post Jan 19 2011, 04:32 AM
Post #643

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 628

Sought Shinies

It really doesn't look like you've been flagged, Lacry :S

If you had been, it would be taking 150+ clicks to hatch an egg, maybe 120+ with a reasonable amount of views and you're taking about 80+ with views.

--------------------

Doctor Octopus made this beasty thing. Go check her out!

+Quote Post

Lacrymosa
post Jan 19 2011, 04:36 AM
Post #644

can u not
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 119

nyoom

Don't forget that it's aurora atm. It took me 90-100ish clicks AND 80ish of each views to hatch a 5k egg on a normal day. I compared my Relicanth eggs with other people's eggs too, my eggs needed 60 clicks AND a lot of views on the bonus day and others were able to hatch them with only 50 clicks or so.

Also my tabs have been closing very slowly, which I heard is a sign of that adblock thing as well .-.

This post has been edited by Lacrymosa: Jan 19 2011, 04:37 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

TraverseTown
post Jan 19 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #645

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 441

Active Squad

I don't even know how to ad block or use a ad blocker, but when I'm clicking en mass, I almost always get the ad blocking warning several times per hour for no reason.

I'm on Chrome and loading 25 tabs per opening, but it occurs in other situations as well.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Norkia
post Jan 19 2011, 03:08 PM
Post #646

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 086

<3

I ended up calculating the maturity gains on my eggs for the past day or so, and it seems I've been getting an average of 40-45 maturity per click; the ones averaging at 44 per click have a handful of views however, while ones I picked up today and only have about 2-3 unique views average at 42 per click with no snow or anything- just the 1.25x bonus from Aurora. Two of my 5,120 eggs have gotten at least 100 interactions and they're still not ready to hatch.

Also, I actually saw the adblocking message yesterday, again in a browser with no adblock, no Turbo, nothing... -_-2.gif Feels awesome that I'm possibly being penalized for something I didn't do.

--------------------
GPX+:

VDex:
+Quote Post

TraverseTown
post Jan 19 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #647

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 441

Active Squad

Most of the time when the adblock message come up, I click the test button, but it says I fail "Test 2" for some reason. Its annoying, I think it is affecting my maturity.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Crystal Talian
post Jan 19 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #648

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 86 152

Active Squad

For those of you failing "Test 2" and using FireFox, trying clearing your history. That worked for me. I guess FF has difficulty loading ads when it's history gets packed up. So . . . maybe emptying it periodically will help?

--------------------
+Quote Post

DigitalEon
post Jan 20 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #649

Pokemon Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 387

Pokemans

QUOTE(Lacrymosa @ Jan 19 2011, 04:15 AM) *
Why does it have to penalize the moment it shows me this warning? Can't they make it so it begins penalizing after A LOT of pages loaded without ads? The first time it flagged me, only one ad failed to load and boom. I'm ad blocking. .-.

I don't think it does, though. I've had Adblock glitch on me a few times and turn on when I'm on GPX+ (I have it disabled on the site altogether) and while once I got the penalties, I caught it another time after a few tabs had opened and I don't think anything happened. I'm pretty sure it requires more than one failed-to-load ad... but probably not that many, either. (I don't know why it hasn't been changed to notice patterns that might indicate adblocking. Maybe the program can't work that way...)

Would adblockers even get Aurora maturity bonuses? They don't get other ones; it didn't happen when the Mystery Counter was around...
+Quote Post

Rofl Copter
post Jan 20 2011, 04:14 AM
Post #650

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 628

Sought Shinies

It's at least more than 150 tabs. I opened a whole set of 100 that had blocked ads and didn't notice until about 40 in, and then I opened about 10 more looking for help etc

Thankfully, I didn't get flagged

--------------------

Doctor Octopus made this beasty thing. Go check her out!

+Quote Post

Mikan Lover Nami
post Jan 20 2011, 04:58 AM
Post #651

"It's neverending with these idiots."
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 259

HeartGold Team

I got that warning a couple times when I used Google Chrome.
I haven't seen or had any problems with it since I switched over to Opera.
Though I'm not sure if that really has anything to do with it. Just tossing that out there.

--------------------
Today's forecast calls for...
+Quote Post

Teh Lady K
post Jan 20 2011, 08:40 AM
Post #652

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 322

Various Favourites

I think there is a problem with Chrome though. I've had problems with Flash not working in other sites for no apparent reason and flash games taking several refreshes before it recognises the right version to play. As I've been mass clicking I have been getting popups saying 'google chrome needs to close' and clicking okay only closes flash player with a huge warning label across to top of the screen saying that it's been closed because of flash ads.
I'm not sure if flash not working counts as an advert blocked, but it might be something for some people...

--------------------
+Quote Post

DigitalEon
post Jan 20 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #653

Pokemon Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 387

Pokemans

QUOTE(Crystal Talian @ Jan 19 2011, 10:30 PM) *
For those of you failing "Test 2" and using FireFox, trying clearing your history. That worked for me. I guess FF has difficulty loading ads when it's history gets packed up. So . . . maybe emptying it periodically will help?

This just happened to me. Thank you so much for your post; I wouldn't have known what else to do. happy.gif
+Quote Post

Boogie Ronnster
post Jan 21 2011, 03:19 PM
Post #654

I'm under yer bed instigating night terrors >8)
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 319

PENI- Uh.. SPACE ENVY

QUOTE(DigitalEon @ Jan 20 2011, 12:52 AM) *
Would adblockers even get Aurora maturity bonuses? They don't get other ones; it didn't happen when the Mystery Counter was around...

Actually, BB just said in the 'Looking to the future" thread that ad-blockers still get multipliers (and i assume aurora day is included)...it's just in proportion to the reduced maturity though...

Lucky egg also takes in effect...soo..yeah...

--------------------
Call me Ronnie (or Ronnster) Please :> NOTICE: I'm not that active at this moment so I will be uber slow with PMs and might not clickback or whatever. Maybe I'll be back in full force someday... like for the SWSH... I don't wanna miss out on the prize... <.<

KotRT (click to show)

Maybe I'm just a dreamer (click to show)

credits and personal notice (click to show)

+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 31 32 33
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 09:42 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.