Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
November Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Alex Mercer
post Nov 4 2017, 11:38 AM
Post #61

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

QUOTE(Constantine @ Nov 2 2017, 02:44 PM) *
Oh sweet, I didn't know that! Thank you!

It'll be challenging trying to do three shiny hunts at once, but at least I won't have much trouble getting the eggs I need. I have Type: Null in the Daycare, and I'll get eggs for Rockruff and the site-wide hunt from the Shelter and Lab (Groudon will have to wait for now).

Yes I chose Groudon for a shiny race. I must be insane. happy.gif

Oh, hey, I ended up being your opponent! I did a double-take when I saw that, aha! But it's something I'll cherish on my shine recorder. I wish you luck, and as it's a fewest eggs hatched race, you may well win!

My race for Primal Dialga will be six years old in two days. I always hope... I just pray it doesn't end up being one of those 1000-egg hunts. Eesh.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Necrozma
post Nov 4 2017, 11:43 AM
Post #62

Hello world
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 250 262

Active Squad

Thank you very much for your well wishes, and I wish you luck as well! Eevee has always been one of my favorite shinies, along with Sylveon happy.gif I certainly hope my hunt doesn't end up taking six years, I think I would lose patience long before then happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Nov 4 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #63

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

QUOTE(Constantine @ Nov 4 2017, 12:43 PM) *
Thank you very much for your well wishes, and I wish you luck as well! Eevee has always been one of my favorite shinies, along with Sylveon happy.gif I certainly hope my hunt doesn't end up taking six years, I think I would lose patience long before then happy.gif

Groudon's a little less effort to obtain, though, so you should have an easier time. And hey, you never know! You seem to have a lot of difficult hunts right now - Type: Null takes a long time to hatch. I salute your tenacity.

And speaking of, I wished I'd waited for the TBD! I love Shadow Lugia. I also have a hunt for that, though it's lower-key, as I prioritize adamant orbs with my prize points.

I wish I hadn't - my shine recorder is about 2/3 full with novelty hunts, which makes sweet honey not so useful for variety - but no point backing out now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Nov 4 2017, 08:17 PM
Post #64

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

I got the Shadow Lugia egg grin.gif Pretty happy with that!

Today also happens to be Splatfest (Splatoon 2) day, cold breakfast vs warm breakfast
Managed to get the highest available title in just a few hours, that's a new record!

Does anyone else here participate in Splatfest?

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bonsai Collector
post Nov 4 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #65

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 251 981

Active Squad

I came to the forums to find out how I suddenly had an egg I didn't remember adopting. I see why now, thank you to whoever thought up the distributions and to whichever staff runs it. These are a regular monthly thing? I'm rather new here and am curious.

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Nov 4 2017, 09:45 PM
Post #66

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Bonsai Collector @ Nov 4 2017, 08:38 PM) *
I came to the forums to find out how I suddenly had an egg I didn't remember adopting. I see why now, thank you to whoever thought up the distributions and to whichever staff runs it. These are a regular monthly thing? I'm rather new here and am curious.

Correct. This is a monthly thing, and the eggs that get distributed are fully dependent upon who wins the monthly raffles. When the new month comes around, check the second post of the Community Thread to see what egg is released on which date. That way you can plan for one and either leave a spot open or fill your party. Of course, that doesn't guarantee an egg, but you can at least try for what you want.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Nov 5 2017, 12:06 AM
Post #67

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the same exploration Pokemon twice, but my Snorlax is still at 25% (375 sour berries to go) if anyone wants to help out.

I'm thinking about building up my battle tower army to include some more Pokes. My general strategy has worked out pretty well so I'll probably continue it. Fast single type Pokemon with choice items are pretty dominant in most battles. It seems like most of my losses are from crits from not very effective attacks so I might need to bring in a tank or something.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Nov 5 2017, 02:26 AM
Post #68

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

QUOTE(Alex Mercer @ Nov 4 2017, 10:09 AM) *
And speaking of, I wished I'd waited for the TBD! I love Shadow Lugia. I also have a hunt for that, though it's lower-key, as I prioritize adamant orbs with my prize points.

QUOTE(Luneon @ Nov 4 2017, 06:17 PM) *
I got the Shadow Lugia egg grin.gif Pretty happy with that!

I'm so glad to hear some others were happy with my choice! Yay <3

Hope you guys can get yours hatched fast! I know mine's gonna take a bit cause I'm not gonna be very active the next few days irritated.gif

I'm excited for SWSH again, I voted for Jangmo-o, and Plusle & Minun (I love electric mousies, and this pair is just too cute <3)

This post has been edited by Alchemists Fire: Nov 5 2017, 02:28 AM

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

Bonsai Collector
post Nov 5 2017, 08:08 AM
Post #69

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 251 981

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Nov 4 2017, 09:45 PM) *
Correct. This is a monthly thing, and the eggs that get distributed are fully dependent upon who wins the monthly raffles. When the new month comes around, check the second post of the Community Thread to see what egg is released on which date. That way you can plan for one and either leave a spot open or fill your party. Of course, that doesn't guarantee an egg, but you can at least try for what you want.

Thanks! I had left a spot open because I was on an exploration. I didn't quite expect that it could be filled, I had thought it was locked open or something. I guess not xD
+Quote Post

Shaoo
post Nov 5 2017, 10:00 AM
Post #70

Potterwholock
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 728

the foxies <3

QUOTE(Luneon @ Nov 3 2017, 04:09 AM) *
Should be rather easy since it's Cardcaptors
I'd say keep an eye on the myanimelist (MAL) entry for the show.
At the bottom of most page entries it shows what places and people viewers prefer for each show with some sort of upvote-downvote system.

I don't know it's always so difficult to find streaming shows in my country --' and maybe I'm also not good to find them haha.
thanks for the tip, I didn't know that website! I'll take a look at it.
I'm rewatching the anime and it feels so good <3 It's my favourite shojo on earth.

My raikou was not shiny, as I expected. I'm always hoping but I'm definitly not a legy shiny owner. sad.gif

--------------------

Azurite Knights! Click on the banner to know more! *\o/*

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Sep 9 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Ok now I have a cheerleading Vulpix jumping in my mind.

pp @Cycloneblaze
+Quote Post

AkaruTheYoshi
post Nov 5 2017, 12:56 PM
Post #71

Video Game Nerd Extraordinare
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 128

Favorites

Ugh, I'm getting really frustrated with the login bug. Even looking at the forums logs me out of the main GPX website, and when I logged into the forums, now I can't get back into the main site. Why must you do dis to me? Besides that, I've just finished Mario Odyssey 100%. If you have a Switch and want a really good game, go get it, it's great.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Celltres
post Nov 5 2017, 01:08 PM
Post #72

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 142

Baes

QUOTE(AkaruTheYoshi @ Nov 5 2017, 06:56 PM) *
Ugh, I'm getting really frustrated with the login bug. Even looking at the forums logs me out of the main GPX website, and when I logged into the forums, now I can't get back into the main site. Why must you do dis to me? Besides that, I've just finished Mario Odyssey 100%. If you have a Switch and want a really good game, go get it, it's great.

I had that same problem. One day it just stopped, think it was after I followed the link to the community thread from the GPX header for the first time.

I'm sure that's not what caused it, but I'm sure it was around that same time.

--------------------
Why hai there.

+Quote Post

Venusaur King
post Nov 5 2017, 03:44 PM
Post #73

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 724

The Saur Kingdom

I threw out an idea in the October thread on the last day, forgetting that the next day was November, so I figured I'd try again.

Some of us have noted how hard it can be to find certain eggs when only few (or no) people are breeding them. Obviously, you can breed whatever you're looking for yourself, but you only get one egg an hour. And it's generally much quicker to get a shiny when someone else is breeding because you can grab all their eggs (except the one they took) as opposed to the one of your you can take.

So long story short, my idea is to let us see and be able to grab eggs we donate to the Shelter! I imagine that would be easier to do than to create mission cards or a second Daycare slot. It would probably encourage people to breed unbred Pokemon because the effort would have a much more substantive payoff.

--------------------

Join the Battle Dojo and compete to become the Champion!

Banner by Shaoo
Battle Dojo Affiliates (click to show)

Other Battle Dojo Banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

Celltres
post Nov 5 2017, 04:01 PM
Post #74

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Baes

Aw yes, I got the Landorus egg grin.gif None of the others I really needed so glad I got this one

--------------------
Why hai there.

+Quote Post

Shadria
post Nov 5 2017, 04:22 PM
Post #75

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 188 748

Active Squad

Never thought I would get one of the monthly Pokemon but I obtained Landorous today too! Didn't expect it, I was in the Shelter looking for Noctowl when the eggs were released grin.gif
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Nov 5 2017, 05:22 PM
Post #76

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

QUOTE(Celltres @ Nov 5 2017, 02:08 PM) *
QUOTE(AkaruTheYoshi @ Nov 5 2017, 06:56 PM) *

I had that same problem. One day it just stopped, think it was after I followed the link to the community thread from the GPX header for the first time.

I'm sure that's not what caused it, but I'm sure it was around that same time.

Same here. That problem goes on and off for me, sometimes for months long at a time. When I stop posting on the forums, that's usually why. It's horribly frustrating, though.

I ended up getting Raikou this month. Non-shiny, but that's to be expected. I would have preferred Cosmog or Shadow Lugia, but I do quite like Raikou - the legendary beasts are one of my favorite trios.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Nov 5 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #77

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Venusaur King @ Nov 5 2017, 08:44 PM) *
I threw out an idea in the October thread on the last day, forgetting that the next day was November, so I figured I'd try again.

Some of us have noted how hard it can be to find certain eggs when only few (or no) people are breeding them. Obviously, you can breed whatever you're looking for yourself, but you only get one egg an hour. And it's generally much quicker to get a shiny when someone else is breeding because you can grab all their eggs (except the one they took) as opposed to the one of your you can take.

So long story short, my idea is to let us see and be able to grab eggs we donate to the Shelter! I imagine that would be easier to do than to create mission cards or a second Daycare slot. It would probably encourage people to breed unbred Pokemon because the effort would have a much more substantive payoff.

Someone posted in my suggestion about that, I passed it on and it got declined. We have no plans to remove the feature on being able to see your own eggs in the shelter.

I got the Landorus egg, my own Raikou wasn't shiny unfortunately. Maybe soon!

--------

I've seen a few people ask about the Zygarde forms - regarding those they'll be along soon I promise. I've had a lot of.. unfortunate things happen IRL requiring me to pick up more hours at work, and on top of university deadlines I haven't had the spare time to get them done. The plan originally was for them to be out pretty soon though.

tl;dr my kitchen pipework blew up 2 weeks before rent was due, rent money went on fixing pipework. Put two and two together.

November should be an... interesting month wink.gif

--------

I ordered a PS4 Pro too, along with Horizon Dawn, an extra controller and a years worth of PSN which is coming hopefully on Tuesday. I've needed an upgrade so so badly, and I'm really excited for it all.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Celltres
post Nov 6 2017, 02:44 AM
Post #78

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Baes

QUOTE(x Sam @ Nov 6 2017, 04:02 AM) *
I've seen a few people ask about the Zygarde forms - regarding those they'll be along soon I promise. I've had a lot of.. unfortunate things happen IRL requiring me to pick up more hours at work, and on top of university deadlines I haven't had the spare time to get them done. The plan originally was for them to be out pretty soon though.

tl;dr my kitchen pipework blew up 2 weeks before rent was due, rent money went on fixing pipework. Put two and two together.

November should be an... interesting month wink.gif

Ouch, sorry to hear. Take your time, bro happy.gif

--------------------
Why hai there.

+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Nov 6 2017, 12:09 PM
Post #79

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

That's fine - take your time, and I wish you luck. Real life, catastrophic thing as it is, takes precedence. And you can't rush perfection. happy.gif

Speaking of the blind on bred eggs - is the thing with 'if you have three legendary/novelty eggs in your party, you can't see legendary/novelty eggs in the lab/shelter' still in effect? I know the two per day limit was removed, but I didn't know about this with it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Nov 6 2017, 03:34 PM
Post #80

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

Just returned from the cinema grin.gif
The Pokémon movie was pretty entertaining
I even managed to get a card for myself!!
Definitely a once in a lifetime experience and it might just be the only time in my life
Cause who knows, Pokémon might not be around anymore in 20 years from now.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:28 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.