Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Mission Failed (Formerly "The Art of Stealth"), For Vincent (Myself) and Daniel (IceColdGlaceon)
PinkiePie
post Mar 22 2010, 06:11 PM
Post #1

Sacred Guardian of the Ice-type
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11 138

Cold as Ice

As most people began to realize, Vincent was extremely lethargic. He wasn't sympathetic to the Aquas and their ends, and he only ever did anything for them when he had to. It had been quite some time since his last mission, which had ended in a rousing success: Vincent had, somehow, retrieved the Dubious Disk and returned it to base, and his CO was supremely happy to evolve her Porygon2 into PorygonZ. After shrugging it off as "no big deal," the icy haired teen left the office and wandered around the base lethargically, talking to no one but his own pokemon.

One particular day, Vincent was strolling about the halls of the base, chatting with Sneasel and Snorunt as he walked.

"So, boys, what'd you do today?" he asked them.

Snorunt did not reply-he had been in Vincent's company all day, and thus had not done anything-but Sneasel eagerly replied "Snea! Sneasel snea."

Vincent smiled. "Really?" he replied, to the great confusion of those around him. They were astonished that he could understand his pokemon. "And who did you get in a fight with?"

"Sneasel...."

"The commander's PorygonZ? And you won?"

"Snea...."

"Aww...." Vincent felt no real pity for Sneasel. His pokemon, Sneasel in particular, never liked to be pitied, only feared or admired. "Then maybe you should practice more, or evolve sometime soon."

Sneasel snarled up at him, but made no sound, meaning it was angry but at the same time acknowledging Vincent was right. It was about then that Vincent's CO came out of her office, looked around, and pointed at him.

"LANCE!"

Vincent sighed, looking over at her. "Yes?"

"Come here."

He did so. "Yes?" Vincent repeated.

"You are to report to Warehouse 4. Our intelligence suspects a robbery will take place based on some documents stolen from our records a few days ago. It was a list of inventory, the list we keep for that exact warehouse. We want you over there to safeguard the place until we're sure any threat of a Magma theft is out of the question."

"And you suspect that Magmas will invade and rob the storehouse, then?" Vincent summarized.

"Precisely. Are you up to the task?"

"I suppose I could make my way over there."

Knowing that was Vincent's way of saying 'yes,' his CO turned back around and slammed the door of her office shut. Vincent just kept walking, almost sure the likelyhood that this whole thing was a Rebel scheme rather than a Magma threat. It wasn't in the Magmas' nature to just rob a warehouse with almost nothing of value. Regardless, with his thoughts racing and his pokemon following, Vincent made his way back to his room. He had to leave again, and was determined to speak to Lanette before he did so.

This post has been edited by Master Houndoom: Apr 15 2010, 03:53 PM

--------------------
This is my story series. I'm done posting the second book! Read it!

About me (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 23 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #2

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

Daniel was lounging around his quarters with Max lying at his feet and Lily practising her jumping by hopping from wall to wall when a Veteran comes in with a job for him.

"Daniel, you've got your first mission." he said.

"Brilliant!" Daniel replied sitting bolt upright, "what is it?"

"You're to go on a bit of a 'retrieval' mission in an Aqua warehouse to the south of our position. Intel suggests that it's unguarded but they will probably have someone there just in case, so be on your guard." The Veteran explained.

"Got it. What am I 'retrieving' anyway?" Daniel asks.

"20 Ultraballs, 30 Hyper Potions and a couple of Pokedexes stolen from some local trainers. Our Intel suggests the gear should be in a crate close to the back of the warehouse. Now get ready, you're leaving in 20 minutes." The Veteran told him.

"I'll be ready when you need me to go." Daniel said trying to hide his enthusiasm.

When the Veteran left and closed the door behind him, Daniel quickly got his stuff ready and woke Max up and also called Lily down from the top of the cabinet where she had been sitting, watching, with mild interest as Daniel talked with the other person.

"All right you two, we've got our first mission. You ready?" Daniel asked them.

"Woof!" replied Max

"Treecko..." Lily replied with a nod.

"Great. We'll be leaving in a few minutes so you two should get back in your Pokeballs for now ok?" Daniel said.

Lily and Max entered their respective pokeballs and Daniel placed the balls in his pocket and left the room just as the Veteran arrived at his door.

"All set?" The Veteran asks.

"Yep." Daniel replied with a smile.

The Veteran led Daniel to a car which they both entered. The got half way to the warehouse when the Veteran said "This is as far as we go. You will need to make the rest of the way there on foot. Good luck and bring back the stash."

Daniel exited the car and watched as it sped away before thinking 'Well... I guess it's time to get serious.' He turned and started walking towards the large Warehouse at the end of the road keeping an eye out for potential threats.

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 23 2010, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Sneasel was the first into the room. Vincent followed shortly thereafter, carrying the infantile Snorunt with him. His little baby had grown up considerably, but since its mother had attacked Vincent at one point, it never really had one, and as such had to use his master as his model for growing up. Problem is, Vincent was an ex-pokemon master. Snorunt was a master at battles before it could even walk, and by the time it learned, the poor thing had grown accostumed to being carried. So, occasionally, its legs would collapse and Vincent would be forced to cradle it.

When the boy arrived in his room, Sneasel was there, holding Vincent's phone. Taking it away, he hit the speed dial '1' and the dial tone started.

"Hello?" said a melodic female voice.

"Hi, Lanette."

"Vincent....Hi! Glad to hear from you."

"Are you all right?"

"Yes, I am. Your father insist I stay here with him until you come home, so I won't be able to come see you."

"I never asked you to come see-"

"And, if I were to sneak out and meet you, it wouldn't be soon, or at the diner in town."

"How do you even know where I am-"

"And it won't be around six. So don't be there."

Then she hung up. It was only then that Vincent realized someone was probably in the room with Lanette when she was on the phone. Probably Jason, her brother, the only other person who wouldn't rat her out for talking to him. Vincent was a runaway. His father would want nothing more than to come get him and take Vincent home, but he had no intention of going back just yet.

"Well, I guess we're off."

Sneasel brightened and followed his master out the door. The warehouse they were traveling to was the closest to the city, so after his shift, Vincent could pop over to the diner and talk to Lanette in person. How convenient.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Mar 23 2010, 03:39 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 23 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

The streets were oddly quiet for the time of day... It concerned Daniel just a bit.

"Max, come on out." Daniel said quietly as he held the pokeball containing Max in front of him. A second later Max popped out and gave a stretch, his first proper stretch in a couple of days.

"Keep quiet Max. We don't want to draw attention to ourselves." Daniel told the pokemon. Max nodded in acknowledgement and trotted up to Daniels side, keeping a watch out for anything out of the ordinary as they walked slowly towards the warehouse.

As they neared the door, darkness had set in quite thickly. This was Daniels favourite time to be out. He stopped just short of the warehouse door after noticing a security camera on the top left corner of the building.

"I think this may be a job for Lily.." Daniel whispered to himself. He threw Lily's pokeball into the air and she diligently popped out, landing on Daniels shoulder.

"Ok, Lily, i've got a job for you... See the security camera in the top left corner? I need you to take it out so we aren't spotted. Now go." Daniel commanded her.

"Treecko" Lily said with a nod. She quickly made her way over to the camera and waited for the command from Daniel.

OOC (click to show)

--------------------

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 23 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent had loaded his pokemon onto a speed boat and began down the river. As always, the feel of the water in his hair was refreshing and envigorating. He hadn't made any distance yet and he was feeling ecstatic. It wasn't so much the feeling of the water itself, but the chilling sensation of it hitting him and subsequently flying off his face. It was like taking a cool shower on fast forward, or swimming down a waterfall. Not that he knew what that felt like.

About halfway through the ride, his Seel barked up at him. He always let his pokemon out to enjoy the ride with him.

"Yes, Seel?" he asked, stopping the boat.

"Seel! See Seel!" it barked.

"You sure?"

It nodded.

"Alright," Vincent sighed. Seel jumped off the boat and began swimming in the river. The current was with them, so he made amazing speed. Vincent let him get a three second headstart, then revved the engine of the boat and pursued the pokemon. For the rest of the journey, the pokemon and his master raced to the warehouse, always neck and neck until they arrived. Seel had grown tired and fallen behind a few seconds, so the boat pulled up with the poor pokemon trailing ever so slightly.

"Good race, my friend. Work on your stamina, and I may have to bring the boat to full speed next time."

"Seel!" it replied happily.

Vincent recalled all his pokemon and walked the rest of the distance to the warehouse. It was getting dark, but he could still see it just beyond the trees. When he arrived, a few guards were there to meet him.

"Hey, you!"

"It's Vincent."

"Ah, right, the Grunt. Go report to the front wall."

Vincent shrugged and walked around right side of the building.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 24 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #6

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Alright Lily, use pound on that camera!" Daniel whispered. Lily duly obliged and hit the camera with such force that the the camera shattered upon impact.

"Good job Lily! Come on back I can hear voices!" Daniel said.

Daniel and his pokemon quickly ran round to the left of the building and jumped on top of a large bin below a window. He slowly climbed in and lowered himself carefully onto a crate making sure he made no noise and that his pokemon were inside before closing the window and climbing down the stack of crates.

"Now then..." He said quietly, "Where is this gear...?" He started looking in open crates as he made his way to the back of the warehouse. 3 crates from the back he found the pokedexes he was looking for, he placed them in his bag and carried on searching for the rest of the items.

"Max, Lily, I want you tow to look around some of the other open crates. Lily, you take the ones stacked high and Max, you take the ones stacked low. Ok?" Daniel told his team.

With a nod from both his pokemon the three of them split up and looked around the back of the warehouse for what seemed like an hour, before they came across a crate of 5 Hyper Potions.

"Right... that brings our grand total up to 7 items. We're still short by a huge amount..." Daniel is cut short mid sentence by a bark from Max. Daniel quickly makes his way over to where Max is and finds 10 Ultra Balls in the crate Max is standing next to. He picks them up and places them in his bag. Soon after, Daniel hears a call from Lily who is 5 crates up and holding a hyper potion.

"Great find Lily! Now throw them down one by one so I can catch them ok?" Daniel called to her.

Lily threw the Hyper Potions down one by one until the grand total of 10 were in the bag.

Suddenly Daniel heard a noise which made him freeze. Thinking quickly Daniel signalled to Lily to hide, grabbed Max and then hid himself.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 24 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent had just rounded the corner and, to his surprise, there was no one there. Had the three guards from earlier really left it unguarded? Over to the left side of the building he saw what appeared to be footprints, but Vincent took that as normal. Maybe those Aquas hadn't been so careless after all. It was obvious someone had been here recently. But, then, because he had nothing better to do, Vincent looked back. Upon further examination, there were two much smaller paths of tracks adjacent to the large ones. On top of that, beside one of the tracks was a broken security camera, who's mount had been firmly rooted on the top-left corner of the storehouse.

"Pokemon...." he thought aloud.

Vincent slowly opened his pokeballs, but try as he might, they still made the unmistakable *pop* sound, effectively giving away his position to anyone who may have been listening. No time to think, then, just act, he thought. He ran toward the front door and opened it, hitting the lightswitch as he entered with his pokemon. The room had not been too dark before, but he prefered crystal clear sight over dim lighting that someone could lurk in.

Looking around, the Aqua Grunt saw little out of place, save for a couple crates that had been opened. That was not unusual even slightly; it was a storage warehouse, so people were free to take what they please when they got permissions. However, to be sure, Vincent closed and locked the heavy front door behind him and started patroling inside, looking for anyone or anything suspicious.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Mar 24 2010, 08:06 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 25 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #8

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Upon seeing the large lights flick on, Daniel had a brainwave, If he could take out those lights then he could probably escape without being seen.

"Lily, take out those lights!" Daniel whispered urgently.

Lily, being the speedy little pokemon she is, duly obliged and quick-attacked the light above Daniels position, shattering the bulb. She then grabbed hold of the light fitting and swung herself on top of it and then began jumping from roof girder to roof girder before slamming her tail into the remaining light, sending the warehouse into perpetual darkness.

"Good girl." Daniel thought to himself, "Now then, i'll sneak around the crates grabbing what I can from the open ones and try and make my way past who/whatever is in here." The plan was brilliant. Even if he did say so himself.

Carefully, Daniel started moving around the crates he was near, using the little torch he had found in one of the crates. He picked up another 15 Hyper Potions and placed them in the second bag he had, he thought it was a wise choice to bring two bags considering his main one was a bit small.

Moving as silently as possible, Daniel moved his way bast a another few stacks before finding the last Ultra Balls he needed, he placed them in the bag with the 15 Hyper Potions and began to move again hoping that he wouldn't get spotted.

Soon, Daniel had moved almost all the way round to the front door but heard more noise coming from behind the crates he was leaning against and immediately froze. Hoping that he wouldn't be spotted. Unfortunately for him, his pokemon couldn't be as quiet or stealthy as he could, Max had just knocked into the crates making them judder slightly.

"Shoot... I'm doomed..." He thought to himself. "If I don't get out of here I'll probably be locked up in an Aqua prison.."

--------------------

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 26 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent was slowly lurking around the large one-room warehouse looking for what he suspected was an intruder. At first, he wasn't sure, but now he was pretty convinced someone was in here with him. All had been quiet until he heard a *pop*, and he looked up to see a broken light above him. Glass trickled down onto his body as he bent over and covered his head with his arms, tahnkfully missing his skin. When he looked up again, the only other light in the room was also gone.

"Dangit....the door!"

He raced back and hit the light switch, but to no avail. He had hoped the Aquas would've been smart enough to have another set of lights, but instead upon hitting the switch adjacent to the ones he had hit earlier, some fans turned on up on the ceiling. A gentle breeze began swirling in the warehouse, exiting through the open window ahead of him and the front door behind him, the only two exits.

"Sneasel, get that window."

Sneasel nodded and vaulted over a box, jumping all the way to the window, and shut it tight. While he sealed the only other exit, Vincent slammed the door in and locked it, then turned around. All was silent, save for an impromptu scraping sound, like something rubbing against a box.

"Shellder, Tackle."

Shellder did a frontflip and bounced into a box. It moved aside, revealing a man about Vincent's age, maybe older, with a Poochyena trailing behind him. The icy haired teen doubted it was the man's only pokemon.

"So, a Rebellion member. Our intel has been slipping these last few months. Welcome to our Storehouse, friend. I'd offer you something, but it seems you've been helping yourself...."

He gestured to the bags the Rebel was carrying. He looked slighty formidable with Seel and Snorunt in a wary stance next to him, and with Shellder and Sneasel off to the side.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Mar 26 2010, 05:12 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 26 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #10

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Ah... damn it.. I hoped I wouldn't get spotted... but oh well.. mind you... I was expecting someone of a higher rank than a lowly Grunt.." Daniel said trying to sound confident. "I've just been taking what rightfully belongs to the ordinary people of this town. Got a problem with it?"

Looking at the pokemon facing him Daniel deduced the strongest would be the Sneasel with the Snorunt and Seel coming a close second.

He quickly formulated a plan that involved taking out the Sneasel and then the Snorunt and Seel, leaving the Shellder to be double teamed.

"Are you going to let me pass or do I have to force you to move?" Daniel asked.

Next to him Max growled, itching to get into a fight with the opponents pokemon. Meanwhile, Lily remained above the trainer waiting for the signal to attack.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 27 2010, 11:14 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent had surveyed the Rebel's reaction every time the man looked at one of his pokemon. When he looked at Sneasel, he seemed to grimace, almost wince, which meant he probably, and correctly, deduced Sneasel was Vincent's strongest pokemon. Then the Rebel surveyed Seel and Snorunt, then Shellder, and seemed to judge them in that order from greatest to least.

"Shellder, come here," Vincent called.

It hopped over to him and smilled, happily repeating its name in reply. Vincent looked up at his opponent.

"To answer your question, no, normally I wouldn't have a problem with you going past me. But, since I'm under direct orders to stop intruders, I will not be moving. Instead, I'll make you a deal. Beat me in battle, and you may go. Lose, and I'll be taking those potions back...."

He gestured to Shellder.

"I've made my selection. Choose yours."

In that moment of silence, Vincent gazed over the cramped battlefield. It was small, to be sure, but the boxes around him may provide interesting support and cover. He kept a mental note in his head that he was surrounded by boxes.

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Mar 27 2010, 11:16 AM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 28 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #12

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Well considering Max here is my only pokemon I'll be choosing him." Daniel replied with a smirk.

Knowing full well that Lily was standing on the beam above waiting for the order to attack, Daniel couldn't help smiling.

"I agree to your terms. But I must warn you, I won't be going down easy. So give me your best shot." Daniel said.

Daniel crouched down low next to Max and whispered something into his ear, which was met with a bark of approval from the Poochyena.

Daniel looked over the Shellder... It didn't seem like a good first choice. If he were in the Grunts shoes Daniel would have gone for the Sneasel as first choice considering it was bound to be the strongest. "But no matter." Daniel thought to himself "If he wants to play his Shellder first then i'll duly take it out for him."

"Ready Max?" Daniel asked his pokemon.

"Woof!" Came the reply from Max, who by then had made his way in front of Daniel and was waiting for the Shellder to make the first move.

--------------------

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 28 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Vincent steadied his gaze on the Poochyena, who had a nickname, apparently; Max. And it appeared to want Vincent and Shellder to make the first move. Whatever the man had said to the pokemon had caused it to settle; normally, one would expect a hyper, lively Poochyena to kick a battle off, especialy against a slow, defensive pokemon like Shellder. It must've been a strategy the young man had concocted.

Because Vincent grew up with a pokemon Scientist for a father, he knew most pokemon had moves passed down by their parents (and he did believe pokemon laid eggs, though he'd never witnessed it before.) Poochyena, unforunately, Vincent knew, could inherit many powerful moves, any of which this particular specimen....or, rather, specific example, could possibly know. The most dangerous Vincent could think of was Thunder Fang, but he highly doubted that this particular Poochyena knew such a move. But judging by the age and size, Vincent calculated that, if anything, he could at least be sure it knew Tackle, Howl and Sand Attack, none of which really bothered Shellder, being a defensive passive creature.

Plus, he got the first move.

"Shellder, lead off with Supersonic, then Icicle Spear."

Shellder emitted a visible blast of ear-piercing sound, which traveled fast and in a striaght line. Immediately after it shut up, icicles of varying sizes shot out of its shell, flying right at the, hopefully, confused Max. Because of the boxes surrounding them, it would be very hard to dodge either of the attacks that would be coming directly at them.

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 29 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #14

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Max, block out the sound! Now quickly run forward and use Bite!" Daniel commanded.

The Poochyena quickly moved forward just as the icicle spears started to hurtle toward him. He reached the Shellder in no time at all and chomped down with his sharp teeth causing quite a bit of damage.

"Good job! Now move back here and watch for those Icicles!" Daniel shouted.

Max moved back as fast as he could zigzagging as he went to avoid the Icicles.

"That Shellder is tougher than I thought... We'll have to keep attacking hard if we want to defeat this kid." Daniel thought to himself.

This post has been edited by IceColdGlaceon: Mar 29 2010, 10:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 29 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Despite his careful planning, Shellder's attacks had....simply missed. How, he may never know, but the fact that Poochyena used Bite made the Aqua sigh in relief. That meant no obscenely powerful egg moves, which meant Max was just a normal Poochyena. Shellder's radical defense would wear down the dog until it was, forgiving himself for his own pun, "doggone tired."

"Shellder, he's a bit of a distance away from you. Tackle, and when he gets close, Withdraw."

Shellder launched forward in a Tackle and missed, as per Vincen't expectation. After a near-miss, the clam withdrew, clamping its shell down shut. Onto Poochyena's tail. With Max dragging behind it, Shellder kept going, its momentum from Tackle great enough to carry it a decent distance.

"No, backflip."

It sprang backward into a flip, bringing Max around with it. Instead of sticking the landing, Shellder hovered a moment, unable to continue with the flip. Poochyena had face planted onto the cement floor under Shellder.

"And Tackle, once more."

Then Shellder body-slammed into the grounded Poochyena. Happy, the clam pokemon bounced over to its trainer and cried a small cry of victory.

"I should've warned you; my name's Vincent Lance. I'm a world-renown Pokemon trainer. I've challenged the Elite Four of three different regions, not always emerging victorious, mind you, but that's still more than most can say. Victoy will not come easy for you."

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Mar 29 2010, 04:43 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 29 2010, 05:23 PM
Post #16

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel couldn't help but to snort. "Like it matters... Challenging the Elite Four makes no difference to the way you battle. It's all about how you work with your pokemon. I'll show you. Max, move in and grab it with bite, then throw it up in the air and use the boxes surrounding us to your advantage and tackle that shellfish into the ground!"

Daniel watched as Max grabbed the Shellder with his teeth causing more damage and then throwing it up in the air, he then proceeded to jump side to side off the boxes until he got above it and tackled it straight into the ground causing it to faint.

"Good job Max. That's enough of a fight for you. You deserve a long rest." Daniel allowed Max to trot back behind him and flop down.

"Now then... what's gonna happen now?" Daniel asked with a wry smile.

This post has been edited by IceColdGlaceon: Mar 29 2010, 05:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 29 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

"Oy!" Vincent cried. "You hurt Shellder!"

Shellder slowly crawled back to Vincent, damaged but not fainted, as the man had seemed to believe it to be. Recalled, the Aqua called Sneasell over to the field, who quickly dashed over to its trainer.

"Now, it's time to show you why my prestige is significant. You're right, how you interact with your pokemon is important." While he said this, he surveyed the area around him. "However, knowing your surroundings is important, too. I notice you haven't called another pokemon. Is it because, maybe....you already called it out?"

Sneasel took the hint and charged up a tower of boxes, which only reached about halfway to the ceiling. But, with its temendous speed and light weight, it cleared a jump all the way to the rafters above. A cry from above alerted Vincent that, as he had suspected, the Rebel's last pokemon was up there. More than likely, it was the cause of the light's destruction.

"You can be best friends with your pokemon and still lose to someone with a better feel for the area. I noticed early on that you'd have more than one pokemon, as made obvious by the two pokeballs on your belt. But you never revealed said pokemon, so I figured it was already out somewhere. then it occurred to me that you had something to do with the lights going out. Put two and two together, and you get four. Second pokemon plus broken lights equals pokemon up on the rafters."

His logic was dead spot. He hated to sound vain, but he knew he could outsmart this Rebel if he stuck to his guns.

"So, Sneasel, use Icy Wind and knock whatever's up there down here."

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 29 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #18

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"You've got a quick mind. I'll give you that. But if you think i'm going down easy you've got another thing coming!" Daniel remarked.

Watching the Sneasel move up the boxes, Daniel knew Lily had been observing the battle and watched as the Sneasel moved up the boxes. He hoped Lily had moved from where she was so that she could get a good hit on the Sneasel.

"Lily, quick attack! Follow it up with a pound!" Daniel shouted.

In a blur of white, Lily slammed into the back of Sneasel and then used her powerful tail to knock it towards the ground. Pleased with her hit, Lily landed on top of a box beside Daniel and sat there with her arms crossed waiting for the next move.

This post has been edited by IceColdGlaceon: Mar 29 2010, 06:53 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

PinkiePie
post Mar 29 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Cold as Ice

Treecko was the Rebel's last pokemon. The nickname 'Lily,' which, in Vincent's personal opinion, was not the greatest nickname for a Treecko, irked him a bit. He thought it better suited for a Lotad, or perhaps an Oddish. But, for a Treecko, the Rebel might've considered something more agile than a lily to represent his pokemon, like a clover, or a rose, or even an lotus. Lillies were beautiful and fragile, whereas Treeckos were a hardy breed of pokemon, built for speed and rapid attacks. Regardless of its name, Vincent tried to calculate what its moveset could be. He saw it use Quick Attack, so anything it could learn before that (Pound, Growl and Absorb) were safe bets.

"Well, we have an equal amount of speed, don't we, Sneasel?"

The Sharp Claw pokemon came back with a vengeance, tackling Lily off the box tower it had stood on. Both combatants fell to the floor, hard, and were stunned momentarily. Sneasel stood up after a second.

"No time to let it escape. Icy-."

Sneasel readied a blast of snow and wind, locked onto the Treecko, who was still lying on the ground. Proper contact would've rendered it unable to battle, had a tipsy box not fallen at that moment.

"Sneasel, look-"

Too late. The contents of the box, some twenty-odd poekballs of various kinds, avalanched onto bot of the pokemon as they recovered, burying them under a small pile of red orbs. Vincent put a hand to his face, making a sickening *smack* that would've made anyone flinch. When he removed his hand, there was a huge, red mark on his face.

"Geez...."

He shook his head and offered a hand.

"I'm too ashamed to continue this, my friend. I'm going to take Sneasel back."

Sneasel unburied himself and rubbed his head, embarrassed. Vincent didn't look at it just yet, but instead addressed the Rebel directly.

"If you leave now, I'll not pursue you unless I see you again. One condition, though: you leave now. Don't take any mroe than you have."

This was probably going to catch the Rebel off guard, so Vincent explained.

"I grow tired of this. Neither of us want to hurt the other, and....well, quite honestly, I'm a little embarrassed to have made that speech about knowing your environs after that incident." He pointed at the overturned box. "Like I said, I see you again, expect no mercy. But leave now, and I'll look the other way. And, on top of that, I've got a hot date later this evening."

He extended a hand. "Good match, though. I hope I never see you again. Capeche?"

This post has been edited by Vincent Lance: Mar 29 2010, 09:04 PM

--------------------

About me (click to show)
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Mar 30 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #20

Elite Four
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel sighed as Lily crawled out from underneath the box. "Nice job, Lily. Have a good long rest in your Pokeball. And you Max." Daniel Returned both his pokemon to their Pokeballs.

"Thanks. You know... you're not so bad for an Aqua." Daniel said with a small smile. He shook his hand, picked up the gear and ran off. Daniel headed straight for the Pokemon Centre to stash the gear and get Max and Lily rested up.

"Nurse Joy, Max & Lily need a rest... I got into a bit of a tangle with an Aqua..." Daniel said to Nurse Joy when he got to the Pokemon Centre.

Nurse Joy gave him a disapproving look and took his pokemon for a check up.

Daniel meanwhile, went into one of the back rooms and hid the gear in a section of wall that was reserved for the stuff belonging to the Rebellion, when he came back, his Pokemon were all done.

He thanked Nurse Joy and decided to get his pokemon and himself something to eat. Once everyone had eaten their fill Daniel decided to have a quick rest on the sofa, while Max and Lily played with each other.

This post has been edited by IceColdGlaceon: Mar 30 2010, 07:05 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.