Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Stopping the Past
nuttyjigs
post Jun 4 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #61

Someone insane
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 77 407

Inferno

For a moment, Jan had to stop and consider. If she continued the battle, winning chances were slim, but giving up was a fool's decision. Then again, there would be nowhere to run either; the Rebels were still at the doorway. Nobody would be blind enough not to notice her escaping that way.
...Then again, doors were such cliche escape routes.
"...I don't think I'd like to give in yet," she chirped, smirking. She glanced at Ember, whose eyes sparkled with knowing of her idea. "Go, Ember, use Scratch!"

And so did the Torchic, however it was not aimed at Poochyena. It was aimed at Kishk himself.
Not turning to check if the attack hit, Jan leaped past him, towards one of the few windows in the room. Quickly, she pushed it open and jumped out, winking over her shoulder on the way. Ember hurried to catch up to her, scrabbling up and out.

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kishk
post Jun 5 2010, 08:18 AM
Post #62

Taking over the world, starting with the pancakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 157

Uprising RP Team

Kishk was caught off guard as the Torchic rushed at him, thoroughly scratching him. Cursing the Jan and her Torchic, Kishk's eyes watered as he stared at the bleeding wounds and his ruined outfit.

"Great... Now I'm gonna need a new outfit. Ah well, I was getting kinda tired of this cape anyways." he said out loud, throwing off his cape and ripping the sleeves off the black shirt he was wearing. "Poochyena, you earned your rest. Return." In a flash of red, the Poochyena was gone. "And you, Pidgey." And in a final flash of red, all his Pokemon were back in their Pokeballs.

Now alone in the room, Kishk decided to sit against one of the walls, rummaging his backpack for bandages or something he could use to cover the more serious wounds, which hadn't stopped bleeding yet.

Only two rolls left... Hmph. I knew I should have packed more items.

He removed one of the bandage rolls from his backpack and started wrapping his left arm, which was bleeding quite a lot. With the help of his teeth, he tied off the bandage, which looked a bit like a tourniquet.

Standing up again, he exited the room, and then the building, looking for Paul and Reeves. A few minutes later, his wandering brought him back into the patch of trees that he had set fire to earlier. Most of it was now burned down, and a few dying embers lingered, giving off a slight glow from the patch.

As he turned to leave the patch, Kishk heard a low whimpering coming from a large cluster of fallen trees. Thinking it could be a hurt Pokemon, he began pushing the still warm tree trunks off the pile, revealing a Shinx trapped under a large branch. As Kishk raised the branch, the Shinx limped out from under it and fell to the ground, panting slightly.

"D'you need some help, little buddy?" asked Kishk, crouching down next to it and holding up an empty Pokeball. "I'll take you to the Pokemon Center if you want, and then there you can eat and rest all you want. How does that sound?" The Shinx got up and snuggled in Kishk's lap, nodding slightly. "All right then. D'you mind if I give you a name?" It nodded again, and curled up in Kishk's lap.

As he thought of a name, Kishk used the last bandage from his backpack, wrapping some of the Shinx's wounds, hoping to ease the pain until he took it to the Pokemon Center. As he wrapped the Shinx's wounds, he noticed it had an odd vertical scar above and below its right eye.

"I know! I'll name you Tesla." he said, pressing the button on the Pokeball. In a flash of red, the Shinx was inside the Pokeball, which commenced its familiar rolling from side to side, while the button glowed red. A few moments later, the Pokeball stopped rolling, the button stopped glowing, and Kishk picked it up from the ground.

"Welcome to the team!" he said, putting Tesla's Pokeball on his belt. Looking around, Kishk set off again to find Paul and Reeves.

This post has been edited by Kishk: Jun 5 2010, 03:11 PM

--------------------

Hunting for: Shinies on Pokemon: Sapphire Version.

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Jun 11 2010, 04:28 AM
Post #63

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

"Where have you been?! We thought you were eaten by a Luxray or something! You know, you should just..."

Actually, Jan wasn't listening to Randy's overractive speech. She wrapped up a few things she was toying with in her Pokegear, then looked up sleepily, meeting Mark's retiring stare. Randy wasn't looking at all, too absorbed in his monologue. Jan rolled her eyes and put on her trademark smirk. "Mm-Hmm. And I suppose that little grass fire had frightened you, huh? It wasn't very sensible of you to stay terrified in one spot for the past few hours as your Magma reputation was on the line, was it?"

Randy stopped with a blink, then eventually grunted and crossed his bulky arms, not wanting to waste more of those few hours arguing with a teenage girl. Mark had been quiet through the whole encounter.
"Yes, I knew it," crooned Jan, and storing her Pokegear, added, "I think you would be interested to know that an entire truck filled to the brim with Pokemon fossils is on its way to the hidden Aqua facility I found."

"What?! You found an Aqua facility?!" Mark broke his vigil, jaw on the floor and eyes wide, accompanied by Randy's similar expression.
"Kid, I don't believe you," Randy snorted eventually. "This is your first actual mission. No way you could come across such luck! Leave the lying--er, I mean searching to us, the professionals!"

Jan giggled, starting to leave. "Okay then. If you say so, Mister Elite~"
"H-hey, where are you going?!" Randy demanded, although not showing signs of stepping forward to follow her.
"I'm going to do something productive while you go on being faithfule to your Elite duties~"
"But...hey!"
Again, she was gone.

--------------------
Might return to activity sometime soon. noes.gif I have to get back to GPX, too...
+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Jun 14 2010, 01:44 PM
Post #64

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

The trap was set. A blockade of boulders made the perfect parking space for the lorry to park, and the pokemon with the last 2 large boulders hidden.

Daniel turned to Paul who was crouching down beside him. "Keep your voice down so we aren't spotted..." his words were cut short by the sound of an engine. "Here they come! Max, Lily, be ready to box the lorry in!" Daniel said.

Soon enough, the lorry appeared on the horizon, it began slowing down and eventually slotted in exactly where Daniel had hoped. "Now, move the last boulders! And make it fast!" Daniel called.

Max and Lily used all their might to push the last boulders behind the lorry, boxing it in.

"Good, now Belle, melt the tyres on the lorry with ember!" Belle complied immediately and soon enough, all 4 tyres were melted to the ground.

Daniel then turned to Paul and said, "Take care of the drivers and i'll check out the back of the lorry."

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Jun 28 2010, 01:56 PM
Post #65

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

Paul made ran down from the ambush point to the truck. The driver was obviously trying to move the truck with no success. As he opened the door, Paul half saw the driver making a break for it out the other side. Paul quickly ran around the truck pulling out a Pokeball and pressing the button.

"Thunder Wave." Paul said in a calm voice as Mareep came out of the Pokeball. A light flash of yellow came from the Pokemon and hit the driver making him collapse to the ground stunned. “I got the driver.” he turned around and shouted over to Daniel.

Paul turned back around to see the dazed man on the ground sigh heavily, then started snickering quietly. It almost sounded like crying.

“What’s so funny?” Paul asked.

“The truck... Was a decoy...” The driver said out of breath from the shock.

“What?”

“Look inside...”

Paul turned around to see what Daniel was looking at. The two Rebels stared into the truck together, slightly confused. Rocks. The truck was full with large, useless boulders and pebbles of all sizes, ranging from smaller than a pea to larger than Mareep. Paul turned back to question the truck driver, but he had rolled onto his stomach and leapt up to his feet. He was long gone now.

“They tricked us?” Paul thought aloud. "Either that or that Aqua didn't keep his promise." Paul leaned back against one of the boulders that trapped the truck and started to think. After seeing this mission, I'm not so sure I need the Rebellions help to take down Magma. It's not like they sent in a Veteran to take this place. Besides, it's not like the Rebellion seems to care about Magma. They only seem to care about saving themselves...

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

Kishk
post Jun 28 2010, 07:03 PM
Post #66

Taking over the world, starting with the pancakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 157

Uprising RP Team

When Kishk finally spotted Paul and Reeves, the reaction to the scene that met his eyes would probably be best described with a simple action known widely across the internet: facepalm.

"I can't believe this happened..." he said, shaking his head as he looked at the truck full of rocks. "And here I was, thinking I'd be catching another Pokémon today, but all I get is useless rocks and pebbles."

"You caught a Pokémon?" asked Paul, turning away from the truck.

"Yeah, I found a Shinx that was pretty badly injured. He was trying to escape from that... ah... mess I made back at that patch of trees..." replied Kishk, laughing nervously.

"Oh... that's... err... nice. I guess we should head back to base now." said Reeves, sighing and running his hand through his hair.

"You don't think these rocks know how to use Tackle, do you?" asked Kishk as they walked away from the truck.

"Nah, they're just rocks." said Reeves, with a wave of his hand.

"Aww... you're no fun!" laughed Kishk, throwing a pebble at Reeves' head, who ducked slightly to dodge it, and retaliated with a swipe at Kishk's head.

--------------------

Hunting for: Shinies on Pokemon: Sapphire Version.

Sprites (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

BlackStarLine
post Jun 29 2010, 03:47 PM
Post #67

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 525

Uprising Team

"Well, I guess that's job done." Daniel thought aloud.

"Yeah... Also we got a bit of a bonus didn't we?" Kishk replied, putting his hands behind his head.

"It's just a little annoying we were duped by Aqua... " Paul said, sounding a little dejected.

"Not a lot we could have done about it... But as Kishk said, we got something we originally didn't plan on getting." Daniel said cheerily.

The three teenagers walked back down the hill towards the car, each with their minds set on different things.

Daniels mind was set on wondering why the lorry was full of rocks.. Aqua couldn't have known that they were planning a raid on the lab... could they?

Daniel decided to take it up with his superiors, hopefully they could find out why they were sent a dud...

They got back into the car and drove back to base, parking the car at the garage. Once parked, Paul and Kishk headed inside and Daniel had a quick word with one of the mechanics there before heading inside to deliver his teams report.

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by IceColdGlaceon: Jun 29 2010, 03:53 PM

--------------------
Uprising Stuff... (click to show)

Random Crap. (click to show)

The most epic quote in history:
QUOTE(kirby163 @ Nov 15 2010, 10:58 PM) *
They teach blackmail at college, but it's called ethics awesome.gif
+Quote Post

ShinyTyphlosion
post Jun 29 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #68

Look! A delish sparkle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 646

Supa Uprising Team :D

They were back in the briefing room. Daniel was debriefing the veteran about the mission while Kishk and Paul sat quietly beside him adding anything Daniel forgot.

When Daniel finished, the veteran just sighed and said, "Well, I guess I can't really blame such new members for failing such a large task."

"But we didn't completely fail." Paul interrupted. The veteran looked at Paul frowning at his statement. Paul shrank before the veteran's fierce gaze, and decided to avert his eyes and look at his feet.

"You didn't get the fossils and we won't be able to keep the building with Magma knowing about it without risking all we've worked so hard to achieve. Clearly you failed." the veteran said with a slightly angry tone. "Anyways," the veteran seemed to calm down. "If we leave anyone at the facility, Magma could easily storm the place and eventually get information out of our operatives. So we'll clearly have to destroy the machines or keep Aqua away from it until Magma takes it. Next time, don't be so reckless or they'll take you for information. If you somehow escape, you won't be getting so great of missions afterwards. Dismissed." The veteran got up and started to walk towards the door.

"Well, the least you can do is bring the machines back to HQ so we can make our own or start resurrecting some fossils," Kishk put in, standing up. "That is..." he continued. "If we have any fossils at all."

"It would attract to much attention." The veteran said just before he walked out.

"Well, I guess all that work was for nothing." Paul said getting up.

"I suppose so." Daniel replied.

Paul started to think as he walked out of the room. I guess I was right. The rebellion only care about saving themselves. Guess I'll just have to take Magma down myself.

Bunnying (click to show)

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
Shiniez! (click to show)

+Quote Post

nuttyjigs
post Jun 30 2010, 02:13 AM
Post #69

Someone insane
Group Icon

Inferno

It's easy to get lost in a forest, you know.

It was a little while before Jan found the truck--what was left of it, at least. There was no one on the scene. Apparently, whoever was driving had escaped one was or another. And obviously, the Rebels had gotten there first, but they didn't gain anything, either--the truck was a decoy. Filled to the brim with useless rocks.

Hm. You can't win them all, can you? And besides, no one had really won that day. Everyone, one small way or another, lost.

What she was worried about was the would-be reaction of her overactive groupmates who didn't contribute a single penny to the project. And oh, was she right to loathe it.

---

"Crap. Crap. Crap."

Who knew one word could be so annoying? It's what Randy was chanting the whole way back. Mark looked equally annoyed as Jan. Whether it was for the same reason or for the mission's failure, she didn't know.

"You know, it was one loss. Not much of an excuse to mutter such a word all the way back to base, is it?"
Jan's version of, Will you just shut up already?

"You know, it perfectly is. You screwed up big-time! I knew it was a bad idea to bring a newb like you on such an important mission..."
Jan scoffed. "And who didn't do anything?"
Nobody replied. It was everybody's loss, after all.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:03 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.