Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dueling Missions, Like pistols, only less lethal
Jansen
post Mar 28 2011, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Deceiver of Fools
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 214

My Favorites

"What are we doing today Io?" Tabby asked her Gothita as they walked down an alleyway; it was about midday. Tabby had aspirations of joining the Rebellion, but hadn't been able to locate anyone to help her join up. But, that hadn't deterred her yet. Though, it did leave her with a lot of free time, which she didn't always know how to fill. She often sought Io's opinion on these matters, though, she rarely wanted to do anything.

Lunch? Io asked, using the psychic link she had established years before. It was a simple request, and it made Tabby realize she was hungry too.

"Alright. Lunch it is," Tabby said, thinking about where the best place to go would be. She thought about where they were, and she didn't really care for any of the near by restaurants. But, there was a pokemon center near by, and those tended to have pretty good food. And they had pokemon specific food to boot. Tabby decided that was where they'd be having lunch.

It took them a little while to get to the pokemon center; it wasn't anything special, just a pokemon center. Tabby and Io entered the building; they walked passed the front counter, and headed back toward the cafeteria. She got some food, for her and all her pokemon; then she paid for it and found a table. When she got there, she let out Morph, he Zorua, and Pyro, her litwick; they joined her at the table, and she set out the food for the three of them.

"Enjoy," Tabby said, as they began eating their food. It was good, just like she figured it would be. And her pokemon seemed to be enjoying it as well. So, Tabby figured this had been a good choice. And all the better, her dark colored pokemon, mixed with her dark appearance, seemed to be keeping most everyone at bay, allowing her to enjoy her meal in peace.

This post has been edited by Jansen: Mar 28 2011, 11:40 PM

--------------------

Clicky Clicky.
I return clicks to whole parties, regardless of how many of mine you click. It would be nice if I could get full party clicks too. Should I forget to update my pokemon, you can find my current list here. Thanks! ^_^.gif

PANE Character (click to show)
Uprising Character (click to show)
Stuff I got bored and did (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Mar 28 2011, 11:23 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 131 433

Gen 5, please? :3

"Mom, I'll be at the center for a moment." Akiko said. "Okay, Princess, you can. You can go there and have lunch too." her mother handed her a hundred Pokémon dollars. Akiko's life had always been unbelievably comfortable, and one has got to wonder why she'd joined the Rebellion. It wasn't for fun, it wasn't for the sheer coolness of it, but it was for Noverus, the city controlled by Team Magma. Akiko was wearing her fourth outfit today- it was pink and light colored. She let her two Pokémon out, Ashton and Heather. "It's gonna be another busy day for us Ashton," she said, as Heather climbed onto her back. "Charmander, char..." Ashton cried out. Akiko shrugged, which made Heather almost fall off. "Oh sorry, Heather. We better get to the center, or we'll miss lunch." They walked along, passing many people, until they stood in front the Pokémon center. They went inside.

The inside of the Pokémon Center was filled with people. There were stretchers where many injured Pokémon stayed. There were beds for the Pokémon dozing off. There were seats for people waiting, sleeping, playing, chewing gum, or just staring into space. There were two escalators. They took the one leading to the floor below and Akiko got some lunch for her and her Pokémon, then sat on an empty table.

Her Pokémon enjoyed their simple meal, but Akiko was looking around, looking for anyone shady-looknig, or at least, someone whose presence seemed to repel others. At last she spotted her. "She must be the one Sol tipped me off." she said to her Pokémon, who were nervously surveying the area as well- they had finished their meal. "Wish me luck. I'm going to her."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Mar 30 2011, 05:27 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 941

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

"Come on, Oshawott!" Mayim yelled. "Dodge the Low Kick!"

Oshawott danced around Ox the Mankey for a while. Ox got smart and gave a slightly higher kick to knock the blue Pokemon off his feet before launching him up into the air with a huge kick.

"Turn around in the air and stick the landing!" Mayim ordered.

Oshawott did a full 180 from his falling dive and fell with a grace that could only be seen through lots of training. "Yes!" Mayim exclaimed. She ran and hugged the smiling Oshawott. Ox rubbed his joints, a little tired from the training exersize. Suddenly a middle-aged figure appeared behind Mayim. His brown hair and green eyes told any passerby that they weren't family, but their similar muscular, tall build spoke differently. Turning around, Mayim embraced Deuce in a loving hug.

"Hi dad!" she exclaimed. Deuce wasn't technically her dad, but in her twisted history, he was the only person she could call family.

"Hi sweetheart. It's time," he said with a slightly more serious tone. Mayim's smile faded slightly. She withdrew her Pokemon and walked next to him all the way to the Aqua recruit building. "I'm...uh...Mayim Psy," she said to the lady at the counter.

"Alright," the lady responded. "We're just waiting on Jake Dressel now. Please sit down." Mayim walked over to the seats that the lady gestured to. Her hands absently combed through her blond hair but stopped at her blue streak in the back. She then began to absently braid her blue streak while waiting on Jake.

This post has been edited by Pokefan209: Mar 30 2011, 05:28 PM

--------------------
<------ by NINJAWIGGLYTUFF

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.
80% of all males think girls can't do foot ball or boxing. If you're a girl or boy who thinks girls can kick butt, copy and paste this into your signature.
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 30 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #4

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 104

PANE

With one hand holding the lap top, and the other fiddling with the keys, Jake was heading down to the recruitment office where he was told to meet up at while doing his homework. "Okay, so we would need 3 ohms resistor here compound circuit here..." he muttered along, his fingers gliding over the keys. From his shirt, a small yellow bug crawled out onto his neck, gazing at the screen. "I hope you are ready, Webbz," he told the small spider, Joltik "Today, we will be entering new territory. Who knows what kind of Pokemon we will meet. Hopefully, not all of them won't be like Trickster," he said, letting out a laugh.

The small bug let off a small chuckle, before looking ahead, pointing out the building. "Yeah, that does look like the place." Saving his work, he closed his laptop and entered the building. Looking around, he saw a blonde woman in a seat, braiding her hair around a blue strand. Next to her was an older man, standing quietly and a woman at the desk, working on some paperwork.

"I figure you are the one named Celeste I need to meet with, correct?" he asked the woman at the desk. "The name is Jake. If it rings any bells to you, then you should know why I am here."

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Mar 30 2011, 07:41 PM

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Apr 4 2011, 09:06 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

"Hello?" Akiko said, looking at the girl. Oh dear, I hope this doesn't turn awkward. . . She leaned dow a bit to look at the girl's eyes. She noticed a Pokémon, a small, baby-like and purple-skinned one, with a little tuft of hair, white ribbons at each side of its (her? thought Akiko) head, and a black body which had a white zigzag across the chest area. Akiko looked again at another Pokémon at the girl's side, a black fox, with big eyes and strange red markings. Another Pokémon appeared; it was a candle-like Pokémon, with a burning purple flame and a small body. "Great Pokémon you have there," Akiko said, and sat beside the girl.

This post has been edited by Verinia: Apr 9 2011, 09:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Apr 8 2011, 04:04 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

Celeste looked up to the young adult in front of her. "Yes, Jake. We've been waiting for you. Come along, both of you." She motioned for Jake and Mayim to follow her. As they left the room, Celeste lingered a bit and closed the door behind her.

"See you later, then," Mayim heard Duece say. Mayim raised her eyebrow and pressed her ear to the metal wall.

"Kay, Duecy," Celeste purred back, giving him a peck on the lips. Mayim gasped. Her dad was dating! How romantic. Duece came back out with lips a shade redder. Mayim grinned and followed him, staying in line with Jake. They walked down a metal hallway.

"This, my two apprentices, is the way to our training facility. We need you to do a few tests together to prove you're in it to win it. You may notice a few bursts in the pipes," Duece informed. A second after he said this, a pipe next to Mayim hissed out a gray gas with a sharp hiss. Mayim jumped and grabbed onto Jake's arm for protection.

"S-sorry," she blushed, letting go of Jake's arm and continueing on her path.

--------------------

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature.
80% of all males think girls can't do foot ball or boxing. If you're a girl or boy who thinks girls can kick butt, copy and paste this into your signature.
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 8 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

PANE

Jake glanced at the woman as she went and grasped his arm at the sudden burst, which didn't phase him at all. Even without the warning, he thought the hallways was like a movie set, so such bursts would be expected. "Calm down," he told her, patting Mayim's head. "If you jump at every little detail, then I am sure that you won't survive any raids."

Looking back up at the man, he asked, "So let me guess, the task here is to see how well the two of us work together, as well as check our ability with Pokemon. Am I right?" It seemed like the basic set up. A little training simulator to test out their skill levels before placing them in an actual assignment. It would be the best way in placing them in fields of expertise. With Webbz and Trickster, he could easily be placed in transport and mainframe work, which wouldn't come as a surprise. The girl, on the other hand, he had no idea about. He didn't know about anyone on her team, nor her skills outside of battle.

"So, any hints on what the last will be, or is simply a case of 'Get to Point A to Point B with these obstacles'?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Apr 8 2011, 05:26 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

"Sorry," Mayim replied. "I'm usually a bit better at this, I'm just on edge because, well, I'm about to join Team Aqua!"

Deuce smiled at Jake's question. "You'll be battling two 'Magma operatives' to a small ball in the center of our training facility. You never know what could jump out at you." He led the two to a giant door and pushed it open with a grunt.

"Woah," Mayim gasped. The room was a huge labyrinth with plenty of confusing twists and turns. She instinctively grabbed her Pokeballs as a motive of remaining calm.

A booming female voice came over the loudspeaker. "This course will test your endurence, strengths, and a key weakness that you need to overcome. No Pokemon, sorry." Mayim handed her Pokeballs to Deuce. "You will be guided by clues that you find around the course. The 'magma operatives' are imaginary, but you need to complete this course in 45 minutes. Your first clue is on the note at the entrance. When you pick it up, the timer will start. You can refer to the giant digital clock on the ceiling if you ever want to know how much time you have." A giant clock with the numbers 45:00 appeared on the ceiling. "Good luck!"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jansen
post Apr 9 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #9

Deceiver of Fools
Group Icon

My Favorites

As Tabby ate her lunch, a young girl came up to her, dressed in mostly pink. Tabby didn't like pink. She really didn't want to talk to her, but it would seem that she didn't want to just leave her alone. She leaned down after she said hello, and then took a seat right across from her. Tabby would have responded right away, but she had a mouth full of food when she approached. Once she finished chewing, she responded.

"Yes, they are," Tabby said, taking another bite of food. Why is she here? Tabby asked Io through thought.

I don't know, Io responded, New Friend? Io gave Tabby a bit of a smile.

Funny, Tabby thought, finishing her mouth full of food.

"Was there something you needed?" Tabby asked the girl sitting across from her. "Because if not, I'd like to finish my lunch." Tabby took another bite of her food, as if to reinforce her statement. Near as Tabby could remember, she didn't know this girl, and while it did make her wonder what she was doing, she also wanted to be left alone.

This post has been edited by Jansen: Apr 9 2011, 11:01 PM

--------------------

Clicky Clicky.
I return clicks to whole parties, regardless of how many of mine you click. It would be nice if I could get full party clicks too. Should I forget to update my pokemon, you can find my current list here. Thanks! ^_^.gif

+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Apr 9 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Akiko understood why the girl was surprised, she was just sent here by a friend named Solentina. Sol had talked to the girl before, and she wanted to join the Rebellion, just like Akiko.

"Come here, Ashton, Heather." she said to her Pokémon, who were anxiously waiting. They went to her.

"My name's Akiko. And by the way, someone told me you wanted to join the Rebellion. Is that true?" she asked the girl. She then remembered that she hadn't asked for the girl's name. "What's your name?"

This post has been edited by Verinia: Apr 13 2011, 02:26 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jansen
post Apr 9 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #11

Deceiver of Fools
Group Icon

My Favorites

Tabby listened to the girl's responses. Apparently the woman she had met a few days prior was a friend of this girl's. She found that to be a little strange. But, she figured she could work with anything given enough time. But something the girl had said set her off a little.

"Don't say that so loud," Tabby said in a sort of growl, lowering her voice afterwards, "Of all people, I'd think you'd know that. Given how hard it was to find Solentina in the first place, I'd think one of her friends would understand the need for secrecy." Tabby took another bite of her lunch. Idiot, Tabby thought.

Be Nice, Io thought back. Tabby forgot sometimes that Io was in her head.

No, that was stupid, Tabby thought, still just a little mad. She finished chewing and went back to speaking aloud.

"Yes, it's true," she said in a low voice before taking another bite of food. She didn't lean in or change her posture, someone would have had to have heard her to know she'd even spoken. "Are you here to take me to a recruitment location or something?" Tabby continued speaking in a low tone. She had no idea how this was going to work. "And my name's Tabby, if you really must know." Tabby took another bite of lunch.

Do we trust her? she thought to Io. She didn't like this; it was too obvious, it could be a magma trap.

Yes! Io thought happily. She was always trying to get Tabby to spend more time with people. If Tabby didn't like Io, it would get really annoying.

This post has been edited by Jansen: Apr 11 2011, 09:49 AM

--------------------

Clicky Clicky.

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 9 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

PANE

A small chuckle came from Jake's mouth as he said, "Is that all?" before taking out two Pokeballs and setting them aside. "It would be no fun if we could just teleport to the location. Ah well. Rules are rules." Pulling out a third ball, he held it at the inside of his shirt at the neck area before the red beam shot out, soon to retract the hidden Webbz. With his last Pokemon housed in his ball, he set it down next to the other two, along with his lap top.

With everything set aside, he walked up to the flipped over note and looked at it, waiting for her to get closer, this way, the timer would start when both were ready. "Whenever you're ready," he told her, giving the room another look around. Walls were too high to climb over, and as far as he knew, no provided map. It wasn't much of a problem anyways. It would be dull if they knew how to get through to where they had to go.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Apr 10 2011, 12:00 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

"Yes, Tabby, I am going to," Akiko said, but she whispered afterwards. "I've joined the Rebellion only a week before, and I joined too because of Sol. She helped me." Akiko looked around uncertainly. "I haven't seen her for a while now. I wonder where Sol could be?" She asked herself. "Hmm... maybe she's gone off to try and recruit somebody else. Looks like we have to visit the house I went to before." She answered herself. She liked doing that.

Akiko stood up. She made Ashton and Heather return to their Pokéballs, since she thought that her Pokémon would probably fight with Tabby's. She'll just let them out when she needed to. "If you trust me, then come with me. I think that someone inside that house would probably want to try and help us."

This post has been edited by Verinia: Apr 11 2011, 09:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Apr 10 2011, 07:09 AM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

Mayim walked up slowly to the paper on the wall, studying the walls a bit before them. There were two paths that split from the entrence. Guess we'll have to pick one, she thought. "I'm ready," she replied, pulling off the piece of paper herself. Opening it quickly, she read it aloud in the same manner.

"Waves wash where the sun will rise. Go to the place the sun sets." She noticed a deliberatly put small puddle of water on the left side and knew they were supposed to go to the right. "That way!" she quickly pointed, and bounded ahead.

((Douken, you can bunny my character so we can get a little farther.))

This post has been edited by Pokefan209: Apr 10 2011, 07:10 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jansen
post Apr 11 2011, 10:11 AM
Post #15

Deceiver of Fools
Group Icon

My Favorites

Akiko explained herself a little more, and then began talking out loud to herself. That wasn't really a quality Tabby wanted in a guide, but she didn't really have a lot of other options when it came to getting into the Rebellion. They didn't exactly have a recruitment building like Magma did. Tabby continued to eat her lunch as Akiko spoke, stood and recalled her pokemon. The little girl then said something about a house mixed with trusting her; Tabby wasn't really sure, she wasn't paying very close attention.

She already had Io's opinion on the matter, and even tough she wanted Morph and Pyro's opinion too, she couldn't get it the same subtle way she could with Io. Tabby took the last bite of her lunch. Io, could you ask Morph and Pyro if they trust her? Tabby mentally asked Io. She then heard Io speaking, verbally, to the other two; and they responded in kind. She had no idea what they were saying until Io responded back.

Morph says no, Pyro says yes, Io said telepathically. Pyro also says 'burn napkins'.

Tabby finished chewing her food and looked at Pyro, "Don't do it." Pyro withdrew his hand from the napkin dispenser, leaving a light residue of wax. "Thank you," Tabby said to Pyro.

Tabby grabbed her three friend's pokeballs and recalled them. Rather, she recalled Io and Pyro; Morph moved every time she tried, and after a couple tries, Tabby gave up. "Fine, you can stay out," Tabby said, exasperated. "But don't cause any trouble." Tabby then stood, Morph putting herself between Tabby and Akiko, and turned her attention to the girl. "Alright," she said, "Lead the way."

--------------------

Clicky Clicky.

+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Apr 11 2011, 09:45 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

"Well then, let's go." Akiko said. They went out of the Pokémon center. Where was it again? Akiko asked herself. I think it was near my house. And it was abandoned... She sighed. She let her Pokémon out again, perhaps they would remember. "Hey Ashton," she said to the Charmander, who was nervously looking at the fox-like creature, who was nicknamed Morph. "Do you.. er, remember where the abandoned house was? You know the house where we met Andrew."

The Charmander shook its head. Akiko sighed. "Okay, Heather do you remember where the house was?" Heather, who was also looking at Morph, cried out. "Ra. Ralts. Ral." Akiko took that as a yes. "Where is it?" Heather moved forward, walking casually, then led them to a small and abandoned house. "Oh, here it is!" Akiko said happily. "Heather, you can climb onto my back now." She picked up the Ralts, and placed it on her shoulder. Heather was very light. "Let's go in, shall we?"

They went inside the house, where the similar sight of the deep, wide hole welcomed them. Oh dear, I think I forgot the million passwords there were... at least I remembered the first one. she thought to herself. She remembered that the Pokémon needed to stay in their Pokéballs while they were tumbling down, but this time, she wanted them to share the experience with her. Anyway no one really said that the Pokémon needed to stay inside their Pokéballs. Maybe they should try it. Okay then, she thought, taking a deep, steadying breath. "Password 732-E5! Code 7327858-F!" she screamed into the hole. They heard another voice scream out, "Who are you? Solentina? Is that you?" Akiko swallowed uncomfortably. She didn't know what to do. "Um... yes, sir!" she said. "That sounds good! Opening pit!"

The large hole opened up. "Okay everyone, let's just wait for the hole to get big enough. It'll swallow us. But don't worry!" Akiko said. The hole in the floor got bigger and bigger and bigger... until swallowing them both, and also their Pokémon. "Doesn't this feel great?" Akiko exclaimed. They hit the gelatinous mass a while later, "Look at these things," Akiko said. "We better get going."

They went through many doors with many passwords. "Trust me, I know where I'm going." They went through another door, whose password was '56367'.

They heard a roar. "Hey! What are these young-uns doin in here!?" Then, they saw a man - a giant? thought Akiko. black and green colored robes. "You two! Young-uns! What'er ya doin' 'ere, ay? You girl," he said to Akiko, "Ye said yer Solentina. You lousy scoundrel! Liar! What you want?" Akiko was taken by surprise. She knew that Tabby was, too. Or maybe. "Um, we're so sorry, but someone wanted to join the Rebellion, you know." Akiko said. "Her name's Tabby." The man surveyed Tabby with his eyes, scratching his chin. "Hmm.. you're Tabby, ay? Ye want'd ter join the Rebellion? Lemme think about it." He thought for a moment. "Ye'll have to prove that ter me. I'll want yer to go and catch some Pokémon fer yerselves. And if yer do that successfully, I migh' just give ya membership. You kid in pink, ya go catch some too, and dun let her out ya sigh'! It's time that we had some competen' Rebels an' not stupid fools who wun do wha' I say. Be off now, chop chop!"

Akiko was overjoyed. They were going to catch a Pokémon, and Tabby would be admitted into the Rebellion. It was like killing two birds with a stone. "Let's head out now! Can't wait to catch a Pokémon!"

Tabby and Akiko went out, looking for a patch of grass, or anything. "Sentret! Sentret! Sen!" a Pokémon said. "Ughh, I don't like Sentret. They used to attack me when I was still in Saffron." Akiko said. Maybe Tabby wants to battle it. she thought. Probably not. "Okay, Heather, let's go! Use Willo-Wisp!" Heather threw a blue flame at the Sentret. The Sentret fled. "Good! I'll go search for another Pokémon, I hate Sentet." She searched for more Pokémon, until she found a whole colony of them. They were spider-like creatures with yellow bodies and four blue eyes. It was fluffy in Akiko's opinion. She just had to catch one.

"Look what this is, Ashton," she said to her Charmander. "They're so fluffy! I'm gonna catch one, okay? Hey little things!" she said to the little fluffballs. "Tik, tik? Joltik?" cried one of them. "Tik! Tik! Jol, joltik!" The nest of the fluffy Pokémon hid in the trees. "Hey, wait!" Akiko said. One of the little things stayed. "Tik? Joltik?" it said. "Jol.. tik!" A burst of energy hit Ashton. "Hey, that was Thunder Wave!" Akiko said. "You wanted to challenge us? Okay! Ashton, use Incinerate!" Ashton breathed out a spiral-shaped flame. "Chaar!" The little thing, a Joltik, made a wild run to avoid the flame. It suddenly tackled Ashton, then made a deafening screech. "Ashton, wait for it to come to you," said Akiko. She had an idea in her head. The Joltik made another charge at Ashton, spitting out glowing needle-like things. "Wait for it..." said Akiko. "There! Step on it slightly Ashton!" The Charmander did so. The little Joltik squealed. "Tik! Tik! Jol! Joltik!" It sent another jolt of energy; Thunder Wave. "Darn... I think Ashton's paralyzed!" said Akiko. "Okay Ashton! One last Ember should do it!" Ashton breathed another flame, hitting the Joltik.

"Pokéball! Go!" Akiko said, throwing the Pokéball at the Joltik. "Toot, toot, toot, toot. Ding!" The Pokéball chimed. The 'Ding' meant that the Joltik was caught. Akiko must have caught on that too, for she jumped with joy, holding the Pokéball. "I've just caught a Joltik!" she said, while her Pokémon also cheered. "Tabby, it's your turn to catch one, who knows, we might just get a mission."

This post has been edited by Verinia: Apr 21 2011, 12:28 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Apr 26 2011, 08:42 AM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

Running back, Mayim grabbed Jake's wrist and pulled him onward. Twisting through the metal maze, Mayim heard a "Ding!" Guess that means we're right, she thought. In the next room, an elaborate puzzle awaited them on the floor. All the giant puzzle peices had a different pokemon on it. Along with the pokemon, the puzzle peices contained a word. "Psychic" read one. "Fire" read another. They all matched the typing of the pokemon they shared the puzzle piece with.

"How are we supposed to do this? Alphabetical? Region?" Mayim cried. She was known for her brawn, not her brain! She was ready to smash down doors, not work out a puzzle.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Apr 27 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

PANE

Staring at the pieces, he looked at the parts individually. The board only had 9 spots, each being able to connect to the wall. The came the pieces. Weird that they gave pieces that didn't stand in the direction of the word. Some were perpendicular to them, but then there was the biggest trend.

"Matching types," he said, looking at the pieces. Looking at them closely, they were mostly duel types, so first game the filtering part. Organizing them by duel or single, six of them were single, leaving 11 to work with. "Now comes the facing. I would say they would face the Pokemon that match a type with." Holding this thought in mind, he began moving the bricks around, not placing them in the spot. Even with the clock ticking down, he felt comfortable with time, and soon got this:

puzzle pieces (click to show)

With the rest of the pieces discarded and the pieces shaped to fit together, he placed the parts in the wall. With the last piece inside, a click echoed though the room before the wall opened up, showing them the continued path. "That way."

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Apr 27 2011, 10:21 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pokefan209
post Apr 28 2011, 05:44 AM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Kenz's Squad (PANE)

Watching Jake work was like watching an artist paint. He was in his element. When Mayim heard him say "That way," she knew he was right. "I can't believe you solved that!" she muttered. She followed him through the door. A loud "Ding!" sounded again. Twisting down another path, they arrived in a smaller room. Two rather large Aqua agents dressed in red approached them, beating their fists.

"Finally, something I can do!" Mayim smiled. The larger of the two ran toward her. She fainted a duck and roll, then stood up and held her fist out. With so much momentum into that run, the officer knocked himself out on the fist. Mayim checked on how Jake was doing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:33 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.