Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Ambush
Shiny Ninetales
post Aug 3 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 513

Claims :3

The case of the unmovable manhole was quickly remedied by Jonah’s simple action of unlatching the manhole; after he had a crazed laughing fit which Maeko found to be odd but somewhat understandable with his health in question. Well once the cover was opened, Maeko figured that everyone would take a few minutes break inside the room they had just cleaned. So Maeko was just about to lean back to relax on the cleaned for but then something she did not expect happened.

Jonah jumped into the manhole’s dark abyss without saying a word.

Blank soon followed Jonah down the hole and so did Aubrey after she smiled at Maeko. Now by herself, Maeko looked around at her pals before she returned Mac and Alto back into their respective Pokéballs. Once the Pokéballs were safely stowed away in her bag, Maeko called Virus back into her Pokétch and looked down the manhole. She moaned when she saw it was quite a drop to the bottom.

“Well I guess we should follow Rin…” Maeko sighed before she slowly began to lower herself into the hole. As she lowered herself into the tunnel below, Maeko’s hand slipped on a greased part of the manhole and she lost her grip. Everything was a blur as she fell to the ground below and landed on her back.

“Ugh… that hurt…” Maeko moaned as she sat up and looked around the area they were in.

“It seems like someone made this place a hideaway home… most likely Rebels did this but there is also a chance that Aqua did this… After all the Aqua probably has more monetary power to do this…” Maeko commented on the ventilation system as she stood up. Then there was a loud clank as Rin jumped down and landed next to Maeko. The little girl looked up to see that the manhole had closed.

“I guess the only thing we can do is explore…” Maeko muttered before she followed Jonah down the corridor.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dmitri Shostakov...
post Aug 4 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #42

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 355

Active Squad

Blank frowned when the little blue-haired girl hit the ground. It looked like she had a painful landing, so Blank wanted to help her up. However, she stood up and started to make theories about who made this. Much to his chagrin, she believed this was the doing of Team Aqua, not the Rebellion. Blank was now getting worried. What if this was not the Rebellion after all?

Blank looked around at the the three people around him. They could be spies. He drew himself away.

"W-Weiss!" he stuttered. He brought about his Wobbuffet. He quietly told it to assist Sabre if something went terribly wrong. The Wobbuffet saluted, and started to follow Sabre. The two Pokemon kept looking at Jonah's Chikorita. Jonah was by far the most suspicious. Blank did not underestimate Maeko and Aubrey, but Jonah had already established himself as unstable. Blank watched him from the corner of his eye...

This post has been edited by Blue Giratina: Aug 4 2009, 11:38 AM
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 9 2009, 12:23 PM
Post #43

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 608

Awsome

Jonah coughed. He was sick. The water must have soaked into his lungs when he was ship wrecked, causing these health problems. He felt his heart beat slowly and steadily. This certainly didn't help his environmental sensitivity and asthma. The others probably thought he was crazy after that Asthma/Environmental sensitivity induced fit of laughter! Maybe the rebellion could get me some medicine, if they have some. After all, they saved me once...

Jonah took a deep breath of air and looked at Limao's webbed feet. He began to hear a splish splash from them as water started to come from further down the corridor. He heard water pouring into the cavity from somewhere. Looking at the sides it looked like this place was hand carved and had a lot of traps that had to be activated from somewhere. Maybe this entire corridor was being watched.

The hand carved stuff looked recent, were the rebellion people who made them unpaid? Was loyalty that forced them to put all of their resources into this place. With the increasing amount of water that was clean in the place Jonah assumed that at one time that it was a flourishing way to get water to the outer city from somewhere else. However, The rebellion must have forged metal from the ruins of the above world into a ventilation system.

They must have knocked out some walls to combine the passage way with a small sewer that was built over and protected from ambush. This would provide another escape or entrance. Jonah looked down to see he was up to his waist in water. Maeko would practically be swimming in this!

Jonah wondered if this old man in a white coat could really go through this water. It was clean and safe, but in his old age this would probably be a challenge. He certainly wouldn't have been distracted by the amazing feat of architecture, that was functional and could still hold up the ruins above, or else he would be slower. Therefor, he would have probably been here before.

Jonah looked down at Limao, who was pretty happy with the water, and smiled as Hibiscus swam slowly. Jonah picked up Hibiscus and cradled him. Hibiscus went to sleep in his arms, tired from sustaining flash so long. jonah decided to wait for the others to catch up, while he pondered his thoughts in the water....

--------------------
My websites (click to show)

My Acomplishmnents (click to show)

A pokeplush levels up when clicked, So click it!
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Dmitri Shostakov...
post Aug 11 2009, 03:47 PM
Post #44

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Blank suddenly felt an odd sensation as he walked along. He looked down to see water almost all the way up to his hips. His legs were almost completely underwater, making it very hard to move. This frightened Blank. This all but screamed Team Aqua, and the Rebellion became a smaller and smaller possibility in his mind.

Blank closed his eyes, forcing himself to calm down. He mustn't panic. Keeping his cool would mean nearby enemies would take him more seriously. He realized what a hard time his Pokemon must be having, so he withdrew both of his Pokemon. Weiss and Sabre seemed glad to be back in their nice, warm Poke Balls.

Blank squinted around, looking for someone else. He knew they were still there, because he could hear the sploshing and splashing they were making. Blank could barely see his own hands. Apparently, Jonah's Pokemon were tired of using Flash as well. Blank shouted out into the black passageway, "What happens now?"

This post has been edited by Blue Giratina: Aug 11 2009, 03:48 PM
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 12 2009, 10:04 AM
Post #45

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

Jonah heard a some splashing down the hallway. As he cradled the Chikorita he listened some more. Yes, Blank came behind him, didn't he? Yes, that must be him.

Sure enough his voice came hollering through the cave. Jonah listened to the echoes lightly bounce off the walls, again and again. This seemed to wake up Hibiscus. She murmed something and then went back to sleep. Jonah held up his Pokeball and brought her back.

Jonah Replied, "We are waiting for the girls to catch up. I believe..."

Jonah listened as he heard the echo off. Maybe the two females would hear the echoes though the hallway. Jonah also wondered if vibrations would bounce off the walls the other way, their destination...

Just a few more minutes in this cold water, then we'll move on...

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Shiny Ninetales
post Aug 12 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Usually dark and cold places were the places that Maeko prefers to be in because they were usually quiet and calm. But the unnatural hand carved cave was something that somewhat unnerved Maeko because she didn’t know what to expect at the end of this cave. Where there be a nice reception of rebels at the end of the cave or they would instead fall right into the Aqua’s nest without a way to escape. Well Maeko still felt relatively calm because the light of Blank’s and Jonah’s Pokémon still lit up her way, even though there was water on the ground.

Then the light completely disappeared in front of her and Maeko was completely swallowed by the darkness. Maeko stopped walking when the light vanished and looked around to see if she could see a silhouette of anyone. A twinge of unsteadiness slowly grew bigger when she saw no one around her and she began to panic when she started to shiver. Suddenly she heard some splashing in front of her and some voices…

They were the voices of Jonah and Blank somewhere ahead of her.

“There they are…” Maeko muttered to herself as she broke into a quick jog. It got harder and harder to run as the water got deeper but Maeko didn’t mind it because she was getting closer to the safety of others.

Then she slipped and fell into the water.

As she fell, Maeko tried to brace herself by extending both of her hands towards the ground, but all she could feel was the cold water enveloping her whole body as she began to float. Panic coursed through Maeko as she flailed about as she tried to stand up on her own two feet to only realize the water was up to her chest.

“Cold… so… cold,” Maeko muttered as she tried to reach for something to grab but there was only the wall. Then she felt something warm brush up against her body and it spoke.

“Sne! Sneasel!”

“Rin… Help…” Maeko muttered as she began to feel tired and sick to the stomach. Rin quickly wrapped her arms around Maeko and began to slowly drag Maeko towards Jonah and Blank. Being a Pokémon of the cold and darkness it was easy for the Sneasel to find Jonah and Blank in the darkness.

“SNE! SNEASEL! SNE SNE SNE!” Sneasel cried as she got closer to the two men.

((Deep cold water + girl that is tiny means bad stuff happens to her quickly. sealed.gif))
+Quote Post

Dmitri Shostakov...
post Aug 13 2009, 11:34 AM
Post #47

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

“SNE! SNEASEL! SNE SNE SNE!”

Since his eyes were adjusting to the darkness, Blank turned around to see a Sneasel dragging Maeko through the water. This filled him with anger. Jonah went into the water haphazardly, with no concern for Maeko or Aubrey. Blank could still not see Aubrey, which made him worry if she was not as fortunate as Maeko.

Blank faced Jonah. His voice turned into a cold monotone, which was what happened when he was suppressing anger. He said, "Jonah, the others are in trouble. We need to get to wherever we're going, and fast. If we can't do that, we might as well turn back now. Hurry, before Maeko's health really starts to hit rock bottom."
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 13 2009, 01:18 PM
Post #48

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

Maeko's body was being pulled along by a sneasel! Jonah heard Blank jabbering away with nobody listening. Boy! He's quite annoying, isn't he?

Jonah threw out Ember. The orange chick jumped into Jonah's arms. Jonah felt the warmth streaming from her body. Jonah picked up Maeko, carefully holding her in his arms. The child felt freezing under her skin. She was wet. She had tripped into the water!

Jonah carfully called out his young Pokemon. They all called out confused. Jonah called out, "Abbey, Hibiscus! It may be difficult to use sunlight you collected on the surface, but I need you to use Solar Beam!"

The two Pokemon began to glow then Released the powerful beams through the water. The water began to rise into the air. The sunlight shined brightly, so Jonah covered his eyes. Jonah began to feel light, delicate drops of dew on his skin. Now was for his other two Pokemon.

"Ember! Keep Maeko warm by cuddling with her. Use ember if you have to. Limao, get rid of the mist using defog!"

Limao happily obliged and sucked in the evaporated water into it's skin. It happily skipped around collecting the mist. Jonah put Maeko and Ember on the floor. Ember began to snuggle up to Maeko. Solarbeam gave her enough light to see the child's face. She snuggled up and used ember right next to her.

The embers that came from the Torchic's mouth sourounded the girl to keep her warm. Jonah took off his Team Torchick jacket, it was ripped from the sea storm despite still being comfortable and warm, and put it on the girl and Ember. He picked the two light beings and began to walk down the now dry hallway with his Pokemon following.

He was going dive under the waves with his Piplup, but this worked to. He called all of his Pokemon besides Ember back, and they all flew into the orbs on his sides. His Pokemon would be tired now and they need the rest, just in case whomever made the tunnel was not happy with them....

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Runi
post Aug 15 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #49

And take me away, make it okay; I swear I'll behave .
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 900

Just s t a y close

Aubrey sighed as she looked around at the strange hallway. Wondering just who had made the corridor really just made the situation worse for her, and she couldn’t get the feeling that the group was over their heads out of the back of her mind. As a loud clang echoed around her, she jumped and failed to notice the others going on ahead. Worried, she returned her Houndour and Chikorita back to their Pokéballs so that they wouldn’t get lost, but as the light from Jonah and Blank’s Pokémon faded, she began to panic.

“Oh crap,” She muttered, cursing at herself for not being able to keep up with the group. Maeko was probably ahead of her as well, leaving her to be the last one in the group. Cursing herself as the light continued to fade; she couldn’t pick up the pace and was eventually left in darkness. Slowing down, she stopped to listen for anything that could help, taking in deep breaths as she moved forward slowly.

Eventually, she found that her feet felt exceptionally cold, and despite the face that she couldn’t see more than a foot in front of her, she looked down at the ground. Something wet and icy was rising from the ground up, and Aubrey prayed that it was just water.

Something to her side caught her attention, and she whipped her head around to hear the echoes of voices. More than nervous, she tried to make her way to the voices but only succeeded in crashing into one of the walls.

She fell back and splashed into the water, Aubrey gasping as she went under. Bringing herself back up and breathing in the air quickly, she noticed with horror that her Ralts, Egg and the rest of her possessions had been dropped into the murky liquid. Frantically searching for her pokemon, a rush of warm light zoomed past the back of her head, heating up the water and turning the liquid into mist.

Barely able to see, she grabbed the psychic type and her bag, clutching both of them to her chest. Placing one hand on the wall, she tried to move forward slowly.

“What’s going on?” She asked herself, droplets beginning to form over her skin. As suddenly as the light had appeared, the mist began to fade and she saw Jonah and Blank standing, while Maeko was on the ground. Quickly covering ground, she ran up to the group and panted when she reached up to them.

She was soaked and cold, but she was better off than Maeko. Worried about what had happened she had lost herself in the tunnel, she gulped and looked up at the two men.

“I…I…Sorry,” She spoke, catching her breath. Her clothes stuck to her body as the water dripped to the ground. She had questions she wanted to ask, but opted to wait for the group to notice her.

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!
Thanks also to Doctor Octopus for the punny bar >w<

+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 17 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #50

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

Jonah looked Aubrey in the eye while holding Maeko and Ember. He said ashamed, "No, I'm sorry. I went far ahead of everyone else without making sure we were safe. It's my fault."

Jonah put Ember and Maeko down on the ground. Jonah sat down. They would have to go soon but it was time for rest. He had been careless, and had put a little girl in danger. He would have to make it up. He heard footsteps from up the corridor. They were growing slowly louder.

Someone, was coming from wherever this passage came from! The footsteps grew louder and louder as whomever it was came closer. This was his chance to make it up to the girl. He shouted into the darkness.

"We need help!"

Whoever it was couldn't be that heartless. Plus, that man looked like he knew where he was going. Jonah heard more and more footsteps. It wasn't one person, it was many people! From the sounds of it, was probably a scouting group to see what it was.

Jonah began to see men come in and started surrounding them. Jonah asked, "Who are you? Well, whoever you are, this girl really needs your help. She has hypothermia!"

They started to push him along the cold passage without a word. Jonah wondered where they were taking them. Jonah walked without a complaint. Eventually they brought them to a steel wall. One of the men, apparentlky the head of the scouts, tapped a code on the door. Water started to come down from an opening at the top of the chambver and the bottom part opened.

Jonah saw a flash of light, unexpectedly come from the chamber. It surprised him and blinded him as light filtered through and he heard the man say,

"We are....the rebellion."....

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Dmitri Shostakov...
post Aug 17 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #51

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

"No, I'm sorry. I went far ahead of everyone else without making sure we were safe. It's my fault."

Jonah had at last realized his mistake. Blank sighed in relief, because Aubrey was safe. He had a strange feeling that the people around him could be trusted. However, a sick feeling came into his stomach when some shady-looking folks came out of the shadows. Jonah tried asking for their help. The tall trainer looked eagerly at them.

Blank thought cynically to himself. Apparently, Jonah did not know how heartless people were in Noverus. This immediately told Blank that Jonah was from somewhere else. He was forced along the corridor by the strange soldiers, until the man who was apparently the leader activated some strange gadget that led them to a new room.

The new room was much warmer, so it was probably to the relief of Maeko. However, Blank was blinded by a bright light. He was not sure what to think of this. He squinted, trying to relieve his eyes. He then heard a man say:

"We are...the rebellion..."

For the first time in many long years, Kendrick Blank smiled without restraint.

This post has been edited by Blue Giratina: Aug 17 2009, 12:43 PM
+Quote Post

Shiny Ninetales
post Aug 18 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Everything seemed muddled together as Rin managed to carry Maeko to the two men. She could hear their voices but didn’t understand anything they said because of Rin’s frantic splashing, which became more frantic when Rin lost her grip and Maeko’s head dove under the water again.

Luckily for Maeko, Jonah’s Pokémon quickly remedied her situation and she was in now in the warmth of Jonah’s arms with Ember. Things were still a bit hazy for Maeko but she definitely began to feel better, slowly but surely.

“Ugh… where are we going…” Maeko muttered quietly before there was some more shouting. She could recognize the voice was Jonah’s and also the sounds of many footsteps. Maeko opened her eyes to see who had found them but then there was bright light that blinded her temporarily.

"We are....the rebellion."

Those words completely woke Maeko.

“Wait… huh? The rebellion?” Maeko muttered with a bit more strength in her voice. That was when she noticed that Jonah had been carrying her and blushed. It was quite embarrassing for Maeko to be saved in such a fashion.

“Um… can you put me on the ground? I-I’m feeling a bit better,” Maeko asked Jonah despite still looking and feeling horrible. Maeko didn't like the fact she had to be carried around, like a helpless baby.
+Quote Post

Runi
post Aug 18 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Aubrey stopped moving when Jonah apologized, unsure of what to do. Gripping her arm, she looked away, uncomfortable. "No...it's ok," She muttered, unsure if the others heard her. She still cradled her injured Ralts in her hands, suddenly, she thought better of it by returning her quickly to her pokeball. When footsteps resounded through the hallway, she gripped the egg through her bag subconsciously, suprised at how cool it felt.

As Jonah tried to talk to the strange group of people that now surrounded them, she felt one of the taller men nudge her forward. Gulping as she complied, she walked as silently as she could, wondering what would happen next.

'Maeko doesn't look that good. Blank and Jonah...do they know what's going on?' She thought as she eyed the older men. Trying to turn her head to look at the scouts pushing her along, a sudden flash of light caught her eye's attention almost immediatly.

"We are....the rebellion."

Aubrey fell silent as the voice echoed through her ears. The...Rebellion? She barely registered the rush of warm air that hit her face as she gazed around the room. Were...were her brothers here? Waiting for her? Or were they...

She licked her lips as she remained silent, deep in though, until she spoke up after Maeko. "Who...who are you?" She asked the man who had talked before, fidgeting in her spot. Was she happy? Yes. Borderline estatic? Of course. But Nervous? No way she wouldn't be. She closed her eyes and hoped for a good answer to her question.

This post has been edited by Runi: Aug 18 2009, 03:28 PM

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!

+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 19 2009, 09:07 AM
Post #54

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

OOC (click to show)

Maeko asked to be put down. Jonah realized he was carrying her still. He smiled and said, "It's not your fault. It was my curious nature that turned the lights off and made you fall. It was my fault."

He gently set her down and called Ember back. His eyes began to adjust to the light as they continued into the room. Once they all got in the door fell back down. The ceiling had really bright lights. Was all of this forged from the ruins of the outlying city?

The guards began to split the group up. UP ahead Jonah saw several doors. The guard that was guarding him pushed him into the third room. Jonah watched as the others were going through the same process. Hopefully, they didn't think they were spies!

As he went through the door it was once again dark. The scout swiped a card on the wall. Jonah heard some mechanical switches going on behind the door. The lights came on again and Jonah flinched from the shining in his eyes. Jonah saw that his guard was actually a women with, short blond hair. Jonah smiled as she began to ask questions.

"Who are you?"
"Jonah Hiffan, I'm from Kanto's Lavender town and have over forty gym badges. I am also the founder of the organization known as Team Torchick. That is spelled with a C and K to represent Piplup, Bulbasuar, Chikorita and Multrese as well as Torchic." "You didn't have to say anything besides your name, but thank you for the additional information. It will help me prove your verification."

The girl smiled. She didn't think he was a spy, and this was simply her job most likely. Her hair was short, he could tell it was starting to dim and her skin started to become white because of lack of sunlight. Did the rebellion rarely let people out, or did she volunteer to do this?

"Why are you here?" "I was delivery eggs to the hatchery in Slateport city, when my boat crashed in the sea. I saved the eggs and they hatched in Noverus, but my Pokemon did not land in Noverus but back in Vermillion city."

The girl flipped out a lap top by pressing a button on the wall. The Laptop came out of the wall's vault. They had very little of necessary supplies, despite the impressive base. So even laptops were heavily guarded here. The girl went to somewhere using the touch pad and typed a few things into the computer. He noticed that it was plugged into the safe's outlet. Maybe they got internet service?

"Your story checks out with our inner-outer city database. I take you want to be part of us, correct? Well, then repeat after me."

The woman said a long line of oaths and Jonah repeated them. She smiled as she opened the mechanical door. "Please wait here for the others then we'll give you a tour and explanation of the base."

Jonah quietly waited for the others...

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Dmitri Shostakov...
post Aug 19 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #55

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Blank watched Jonah put Maeko down. She could now stand on her own. Blank stopped smiling, so no one would see him. He looked around at the place. Many of the people walking around looked very pale. He wondered if he too would spend most of his time down here. He figured new recruits would probably handle more of the dirty work up above.

A scarred and muscular man pushed him into a small room. He looked at Blank with disapproval, and Blank stared back defiantly. "I've been around here for a long time. I recommend you stop that, newbie, before I kick you out of here," grumbled the man. He seemed even angrier when stopped speaking.

Blank said, "You won't even ask me my name? It might ring a bell."

He responded, "What do you mean? You look too young to have been here during the old days..."

Blank cleared his throat. He then went on to say, "My name is Kendrick Blank."

The large man said in a much less gruff tone, "Blank? As in the Blanks, one of our biggest contributors from the old days? Really?!"

He pressed a button, and a sleek-looking computer came out of the wall. He typed in a few things, and then looked carefully at the computer screen. "I don't remember them having a kid," he mumbled, "But it looks like my memory has failed me yet again. That's the problem with taking hits. You eventually lose your mind."

Blank saw the man look back up at him. Something clicked, as if the man finally saw the resemblance. "Well, I'll be a Mankey's uncle. You are for real. Well, if you're here to join us, I'll gladly let you in. You'll have to do some paperwork and say a couple oaths first..."

A few minutes later, Blank was officially a member of the Rebellion. The man was a lot less rough around the edges now. He had a goofy smile on his face, and acted giddy as he led Blank from the room. They walked into a room that was much bigger, and Jonah was already waiting there. The man exclaimed, "Your parents paid for a lot of this," as he walked out of the room. Blank heard him say, "The apple does not fall far from the tree..."
+Quote Post

Shiny Ninetales
post Aug 19 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Maeko didn’t give a verbal reply to Jonah as he set her onto the ground, but she smiled to show her appreciation for Jonah. Once she steadied herself, one of the rebels guided her into one of the rooms with a table and two chairs. An interrogation room.

“Heh, there is no need to ask who I am. I am one of the orphans being taken care of by Mr. and Mrs. Orchids…” Maeko simply said out loud as she turned around to see the door closed in front of her face; seemed like no one was interested in interrogating her for now. With nothing much to do, Maeko walked over to the chair and sat in it. It was nice to have a seat to rest in but her partially wet clothes made the experience less than pleasing.

Beep! … Clunk

The door opened once again and there stood a man well in his age with a long beard. There was something particular about the man, since it felt like she had met him before a long time ago. Well before Maeko could sort out her thoughts, the man simply walked up to the table and placed a warm cup of cocoa in front of Maeko. Maeko took no delay to pick it up and drink it because she really needed a warm cup of hot cocoa.

“Never expected to see you here Maeko, you should really keep in contact with Milt and Laelia, those two are quite worried about your wellbeing,” the man began to talk to Maeko as he took a seat across from her, “Yes, I know you. How can I forget the little lass that dumped a pile of dung on me?”

Oh, that is why she remembered him. Six years ago this man came to visit the orphanage and with the help of Rin she dropped a bucket of Houndour dung on him to keep him from picking her to become his foster daughter. Maeko remembered calling him Mr. Poop Platter. Good times that was… good times.

“Oh… yeah… heh that… I’m sorry I had done that… I was only a kid then… Mr.…” Maeko sheeply replied.

“You still are… you’re like… almost 10?” the man boomed with a loud laugh that irritated Maeko, even though his question was already enough to do so.

“I’m almost 14…” Maeko quietly muttered as she looked at her empty cup before she stood up, “well since you guys know who I am. Can I request the use of your showers and also a clean set of clothes… the water made a mess of my stuff as you can see…”

“Oh, sure. The showers should be down the hall to your right once you exit the door. There is a sign so you can’t miss it. Also, we can also send your clothes to the laundry area if you want.”

“No… that’s okay. I’ll take care of my laundry myself… it’s not much, only if I’m not allowed to use this room to let them dry. I just need a set of dry clothes. A pair of shorts and t-shirt should do,” Maeko simply replied before exiting the room but she stopped to turn around to ask one final question. “Um… may I ask what your name is and also about… that?”

“Ah, I’m Bryce. And we don’t have any info on your parents’ whereabouts…” Bryce replied with a grim a look, a response that Maeko had expected. Without saying anything, Maeko walked to the showers Bryce had indicated to take a shower. She left the shower room in clean clothes, brought by a female rebellion member, that was still 2 sizes bigger then what she normally wore; they were apparently the smallest they had. Maeko had to tie part of the shorts a knot to keep them from falling off her and she was wearing a rather plain white t-shirt and brown shorts.

“Hm I’m glad my clothes dry fast… but until then this would have to do,” Maeko muttered to herself as she returned to the room she was in and began to hang her clothes on a line she tied between the two chairs. Once she was done, Maeko went to the room to regroup with everyone. She took a seat across from Jonah.

"Hm... you know, I think it'll be good for us if we got something to eat," Maeko said out loud as a suggestion to any members of the rebellion near the room to hear.
+Quote Post

Runi
post Aug 20 2009, 01:11 PM
Post #57

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Aubrey shifted uncomfortably where she stood, watching as Jonah, Blank and eventually Maeko were taken to rooms. She would watch nervously as the guards would pin in codes, open the doors and close them after they entered. She looked around the room, the warm air drying her damp clothes slightly, and looked at the rebellion members curiously.

Suddenly, she felt a light tap, almost like a spider’s touch on her shoulder. Yelping, she jumped and turned to face green eyes just like hers. It was just a guard. He led her silently to one of the rooms and paused to set in a quick code. Telling herself to calm down, she watched the metal door open ominously. Looking at the guard, she walked through and he followed, the entrance closing as soon as he stepped through.

To her surprise, another guard was seated at a table, and she took the chair across from him. The two males were drastically different; the one who had led her in, tall, silent and with dark hair - the one now in front of her, short, blond and itching to talk.

“Alright. First off, you know who we are?” The second guard asked, and she doubted he was more than two years older than her.

“Um, yeah. I think so. The…rebellion?” Aubrey responded, clothes sticking slightly to the metal chair. The blond in front tsked and wagged his finger at her.

“You don’t sound very confident. Points off!” He reprimanded while scribbling something down on his clipboard. With wide eyes, the trainer tried to fix her mistake.

“I…I mean-“

“Don’t worry about it. He just wrote down your gender. You are female, correct?” The taller guard stepped in, taking the clipboard from the shorter rebellion member.

“Ah. Yeah, I am,” She spoke, sightly embarrassed.

“Good. Name? And history,” He asked, waiting for her response with what seemed to be a professional aura.

Blinking, Aubrey did her best to answer without rattling off. “Um, I’m Aubrey Lee. I…I lived in Blackthorn City about 6 years ago…but now I live in the slums,” She spoke, something dawning on her as questions from both guards and her answers filled the room. The oath she had to repeat passed by in a blink, and she listened to them welcome her to the Rebellion. Just as they were going to lead her out of the room, she turned around with an apprehensive look on her face.

“Um…do, do you know me? Or…anyone who has the last name as me? …There should be three of them, boys,” She asked, looking at the guards with an almost pleading look on her face for them to say yes.

“No. Sorry, we don’t,” The taller one spoke. The blond nodded his head and echoed what the first guard said. Allowing herself a weak smile, she managed to spot the others and thank the guards ready to turn but thoughts never wavering on the one that looked almost exactly like him.

“So what do we do now?” She asked after Maeko asked for food. Looking at the others, she sat down next to the small girl. From a distance, the blond guard looked up to the taller one.

“You’re not telling her?

“I don’t’ deserve to be that person to her. Nevertheless her brother.”

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 26 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #58

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

Jonah felt warm on the red couch he sat on. He rubbed his hands and blew on them. How could these people have energy when Magma presumably controlled the electricity source? Magma could have tracked them if they used their energy source. Do they harness energy from the water flowing in the sewers then send it out into the passageway, or do they get it another way? How come magma hasn't found the man hole yet?

Jonah felt warmer and warmer as the air warmed his body. Soon, Blank came out of his interrogation room and sat down. He didn't say anything as he warm up. Maeko, eventually came in and sat in a seat across from him. She was wearing clothes that were clearly to big for her. They would probably be warmer than her other clothes. She yelled something towards the guards who where starting to run back and forth, into certain rooms, and out others. Finally, Runi came in and sat next to Maeko.

Jonah smiled as he saw the guard who interrogated him. She knew who he was. She knew he was a Gym Leader, and had been to almost everywhere in the world. She probably had never heard of me before I came, but now she did. Outside of the city, very few remember Noverus anymore. It is rarely put on maps or anything. The last thing he had heard of this city that wasn't in the last twenty four hours was about twenty years ago. He was only Fourteen then, about Maeko's age, (Her personality felt older than she looked). He remembered the magazine he saw the article in. It was Pokemon Weekly. He couldn't believe he forgot about this city!

The girl smiled back and started to speak and walk around, "Welcome new members. I'm going to be your guide. I will explain quite a bit about the base, so you will know more about what you can do to help when not on missions. This base was formed by us raiding the numerous buildings that have been abandoned. Our power isn't from the Magma Hydroelectric plant, but by running water in the sewers. After it is purified it is put back into the sewers. Our drinking water is also from the purified source. We constantly need maintenance on these water devices because it is used constantly. All of the sewers in this city are decorated like our entrance. However, since it is cleaner then the rest it is more noticeable here. The city designers made the sewer before they had sufficient light, so this made the workers able to tell the walls apart from the smooth water."

Jonah stood up and started to follow her. As she explained the water system he thought of the plant near his home. The plant powered much of Kanto, it powered bigger cities then Noverus plus more. The power plant here would probably be able to power a lot of Hoenn, if it wasn't controlled by Magma. He could probably help a little with the water devices.

The girl pushed open a door. Inside many people dressed in chef outfits were bustling around, preparing food. The blond-head spoke over the loud kitchen, "This base is often low on supplies. Most of our mission are to scout through the ruins around us to get food and supplies from buildings. We usually do this, not only to supply this base, but to prevent Magma from getting supplies from the surrounding land. We did have one above ground ally, but today it fell. Many of the members were able to escape to this place. Their base was mostly used for obtaining supplies for this base. Here in the kitchen we prepare food from above for our members. We try to make it a fun and unique to keep up morale."

She went back through the door they came through and went down the main entrance to a hallway they emptied into the main entrance. She went to the end of the hallway and then to the right. This door lead to another hallway that was a little bit longer then the last. She only walked halfway down it and then turned to the left. It lead into a smallish room with a pink door on the left, and a blue door on the left. The girl's bracelet started to turn green and shake.

"The blue door is the men's quarters and the pink door is the Women's quarters. I have to go now, but make your self comfortable. Ask any members for details on what door leads to what. This base can be a bit confusing. Just go to a bed that doesn't have a name written on top of the plate that lies above the pillow and write your name on it. Tomorrow, at Seven-o'clock in the morning report to the briefing room across the hall from here for a little more information."

She almost left then looked back at them, "Oh, I forgot to say the base is called Oasis. Good bye, and Good luck!"

Jonah looked at the others nodded and walked into the room through the blue door. Rows of beds filled the room. At the ends apparently were two bathrooms. He walked through the small beds with small walls dividing them. Jonah took a seat on a bed on the third row. It was the fourth bed from the closest perimeter. He turned over to the plate above the bed. They were computerized plates! How did they get all of this stuff! Clearly, this city once flourished in this area. He pressed in his name from the letters that where shown on the screen. He turned back around and fell back on the warm bed and looked at the cold ceiling.......

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Dmitri Shostakov...
post Aug 26 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #59

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Blank was staring at the floor for most of the time he was sitting in the waiting room. He only looked up when the tour guide starting talking to them. He had heard Aubrey and Maeko come in, but did not look at them until now. Aubrey looked unchanged, but Maeko was wearing a shirt that was ridiculous on her. Blank held back a chuckle as they walked along.

The woman led them into a kitchen and other places. Blank was too hungry and thirsty to care where the food and drink came from. He simply looked over every inch of the place, trying to make sure he wouldn't get lost navigating the base by himself. Blank wondered how far they were underground, something the guide did not mention.

Finally, they came to the twin doors. The blue one was for the men; the pink one for the women. Great. This place was easy to understand. After the agent left on command of her bracelet, Blank followed Jonah through the blue door. Saying nothing, he found a bed that had an empty nameplate. He looked over, to see there was only two beds between himself and the one Jonah was claiming. Blank thought, I hope he doesn't snore.

Blank grabbed the name plate. A screen blinked on, asking his name. He typed in B-L-A-N-K. The screen message said: YOUR FULL NAME, PLEASE. Blank typed B-L-A-N-K in again. The name plate would have rolled its eyes if it had any, but it accepted it nonetheless. It then reverted back to a metal form, saying:

INITIATE BLANK

Blank then looked around, seeing no one but himself and Jonah. A snack machine was up against the far wall. He saw it was free, so he retrieved some water and berries. One bottle was labeled STANK WATER. Blank tossed to his Grimer without hesitation. After their mini-feast, Blank and his Pokemon rested on his new bed.
+Quote Post

Shiny Ninetales
post Aug 30 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

There wasn’t much for Maeko to do but listen to the blonde as she guided everyone in a tour around the base, since she did mention about what she wanted. Once the tour was done, Maeko simply turned around and went to the dining room. It took a few minutes for Maeko to find the room and she let out all her Pokémon once she was there.

“Hey guys. From now on we’re part of the Rebellion so we’ll be living in bases like these so… until we have a mission let’s eat and then sleep,” Maeko explained to her Pokémon before she walked over to one of the kitchen staff and simply asked for Pokémon food and a small Meal A for herself. A few minutes later, Maeko came back to her Pokémon with a platter of her meal and a large bowl of Pokémon food.

“Let’s eat,” Maeko simply said after she had sat down and then she began to eat her meal. All of her Pokémon followed her actions and began to eat the contents of the large bowl. Once she finished eating, Maeko watched her Pokémon enjoy a filling meal that they hadn’t have for a long time, being low on money and traveling had that kind of effect in the Noverus slums.

Once the bowl was empty, Maeko picked up all the dishes and handed them over to the kitchen staff and thanked them; she also told them the meat loaf meal was good. Now she had return to the room where she hung her clothes to dry and take them to the room where she would be sleeping. The clothes still felt a bit moist when Maeko picked them up, but by tomorrow they should dry out quite nicely. With her clothes in her arms, Maeko went to the women’s barracks to find an empty name plate and inputted her name. Soon the blank plate began to read “Initiate Maeko Hana.”

“So I’m officially in the Rebellion… feels odd…” Maeko muttered to herself before she began to hang her clothes on the beds frame, with much difficulty, but once she was done she flopped herself into her bed. Once she lay on her bed, all of her Pokémon jumped onto the bed and began to cuddle next to her. With a tired sigh, Maeko began to drift into a deep sleep, the first time since she left the orphanage.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:08 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.