Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Homework ? Useful Or Useless
Oxyus
post Nov 5 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #61

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 70 511

A word

Personally i think that homework is more of the same stuff they give in school,it's taking a bit of school to your house.Homework is simply pointless because it's more of the same junk they give and let's face it,we go to school to learn,not do school stuff in our house and truly i find that homework is what makes students act rebellious because they can't relax in there houses,i say that life would be happier if homework never existed in the first place.(Those who agree with me say it because i can tell a lot of people agree with me.)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kiseki Lin
post Nov 5 2009, 08:39 PM
Post #62

The Asian Boy Band Fangirl
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6 708

Active Squad

Personally, thinking back to my elementary, that was the time where I did all of my work with my parents telling me to or not. It did help me get good ethics and made me more able to do my own homework after my parents stopped telling me - they assuming that I'd do it. And I did it. It can build good work ethics for some.

It's not the same for all students, IMO.
+Quote Post

s2 Sonata s2
post Nov 5 2009, 08:51 PM
Post #63

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 971

party I'm breeding

kk I don't like homeworks but I don't think it's useless..

if there is no homework, honestly, we won't study at all!!
and it helps us to follow the next lecture

--------------------
singing melody♥
+Quote Post

PokeLuber
post Nov 5 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #64

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 70 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 4 2009, 05:45 PM) *
QUOTE(Shawn Blaze @ Oct 29 2009, 01:29 PM) *
The homework we get sucks, the teachers just want us to worry about school and take away the focus on the rest of our lives shakefist.gif

Either the economy is failing, and the school districts are choosing crap teachers, or you are just exaggerating. Teachers wouldn't want you to worry about school, and they wouldn't want to "take away the focus on the rest of your lives". Why do you think they chose the job of being a teacher? Would anyone want a low-salary job? No, they just want to help you. Why does everyone make it sound like the "teachers at THEIR school" make their life miserable?

Yeah, because what you learn in school is NEVER used during said "rest of your life."
facepalm.gif IMO, you do use what you learn in school later in your life, it isn't just an excuse to make you learn. Learning/using your brain helps prevent you from getting Alzheimer's disease when you get older.

Well, here are some pros and cons of homework, I haven't finished the list of everything that is untangled in my brain yet.

Pros of HW
-Homework typically helps you study, because you have to do it, or let your grades slip.
-Gives you credit for the hours you've spent, finishing it. I mean, how are you going to get your grade higher? Tests everyday? Classwork everyday? What happens if you don't finish it?
-Kills time? I don't know... Homework kills time for me, I don't want to spend my 6hours of free time everyday on the computer.
-Mostly, the point of homework for me, is to kill some time, helps me study, especially if I have horrible teachers that can't teach.
-Doing your homework helps develop those little brains some of you lazy bums have, and it will help prevent you from getting infected by Alzheimer's disease when you grow older.

Cons of HW
-The lazy bums never do their homework, and their grade slowly slips.
-Busy work, some of my classmates spend so much time on their homework overnight, just to get one answer right on their Geometry homework, they're starting to get bags on their eyes.

--------------------
I wonder what Pokemon these are! Click on them, to help me find out! Much Appreciated.
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 6 2009, 01:51 AM
Post #65

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(PokeLuber @ Nov 5 2009, 09:54 PM) *
Yeah, because what you learn in school is NEVER used during said "rest of your life."
facepalm.gif IMO, you do use what you learn in school later in your life, it isn't just an excuse to make you learn. Learning/using your brain helps prevent you from getting Alzheimer's disease when you get older.

ok...your comment kinda confuses me, but I think you're agreeing with me so I'm just gonna leave it alone.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Darknavi
post Nov 6 2009, 02:28 AM
Post #66

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 350

My favorites

I think its UselesS anD Useful ( WtF?)

I mean it helps study and makes you remember the classes you had on the day and kill time <__<

But

Its a Big PAIN inthe ass to make when theres a lot of it

EDIT: Eggs go in ur SIIIIIIIIGNAAAAAATUUUUUUUURE!
~Reyo

--------------------
editing...... absol.gif I`ll click yours if you click mine.
Random stuff (click to show)
thingsmadeforme (click to show)

I have ~Claimed~

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
+Quote Post

Ieva Kasku
post Nov 6 2009, 02:58 AM
Post #67

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 613

My Team

I used to think homework was useless, but now I definitely think it's useful. Yeah, it's work you have to do outside school, but it really does help you learn the material. It also keeps your grade from depending on one or two tests. The more grades, the less they all count for, and the more leeway you have to keep a good grade.

--------------------

Please help me hatch/level up my babies! I will click back as soon as I can.
+Quote Post

Betala
post Nov 6 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #68

Derp
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 859

Heart

I'm kind of student who already learns everything in the school, so giving homework for me is pointless.

Homework is useful and fun to do when they're interesting puzzles (like we have sometimes at maths), what are nice to do.

--------------------
Dead on this forum. If I ever come back, it's very likely that I vanish after a short while.
+Quote Post

Haruaya
post Nov 6 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #69

I tried to be dipolmatic, but mostly I just lied a lot
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 196

Rawr, mine

I like it this much: 0/10. Its stupid. At my school it affects your grade. It stinks,sucks whatever, it does.For me,
its one of the most pointless things in the world.End of story.

--------------------
[img]
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every moment of it

<a href="http://sammy-kanjikodomo.deviantart.com/" target="_blank">http://sammy-kanjikodomo.deviantart.com/
Please visit! If you hae one, you can friend me, if ur my friend. :P

<a href="http://"http://gpxplus.net/user/kazza"" target="_blank"></a>

[

credits (click to show)

Stuff (click to show)

Anyone who thinks they have psychic powers, copy and paste this into your signature.
Just kidding is just hurting

If you belive in MarthxSamus or ZeldaxLink.Copy and paste this in your signture.
I am a crazy artist whose trying to get good at drawing.
99.8 percent of anime fans are obsessing over Naruto. If you are the last few of the clan who can think up three better animes than this, paste this on your profile
90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
I live in the South.Rules really dont apply here.
+Quote Post

Rokoka
post Nov 7 2009, 04:31 PM
Post #70

Old School Pokemon Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 356

Active Squad

Home work is very useful, I hated it for such a long time to the point of wanting to just go insane but that home work allows people to get a understanding of what the homework about after all we don't ride a bike on are first try do we? No it's practice makes perfect trust me when you get older and look back think "I guess it's useful after all"

cause you didn't learn how to spell and read without practice right? you didn't learn to walk without practice did you? it's just the fact practice makes perfect

--------------------

My Eggs

My Siblings Eggs - Icicle Was Pm'ed and Informed About them

+Quote Post

SpaceGhost
post Nov 7 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #71

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 894

Active Squad

Not a big fan of homework, but it helps me remember things. As much as I don't like doing it, it certainly helps me know what I need to work on before test day.

--------------------
+Quote Post

OKelly
post Nov 7 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #72

Hello.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 678

Active Squad

to me its really useless and its killing trees also im in middle school and i have a locker witch is jacked up and i have like five classes to go plus im in even and odd day the only class that never gives homework so yeah every school is killing the earth with home work

--------------------
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ IM IN LOVE WITH THE COCO ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ I GET IT FOR THE LOW LOW ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

+Quote Post

Kiseki Lin
post Nov 8 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #73

The Asian Boy Band Fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 708

Active Squad

QUOTE(LexDoom @ Nov 7 2009, 02:23 PM) *
to me its really useless and its killing trees also im in middle school and i have a locker witch is jacked up and i have like five classes to go plus im in even and odd day the only class that never gives homework so yeah every school is killing the earth with home work

Yup, and just about what human life revolves around kills the earth, no? Everyone uses paper in their daily lives or sees paper daily. Books kill trees, business kills trees, money kills trees. How about we cut that from our lives? shakefist.gif
+Quote Post

Jessica Chen
post Nov 9 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #74

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 930

Active Squad

It's useful in many ways. You have to practice what you've learned right? Otherwise you will do a poor job in class. People are just stupid when they don't do their homework because they feel they don't need to. As for me, I actually like homework. Keeps me occupied.

--------------------
90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

Stories: Cry of the Wolf (Book 1)

Gxp plus (click to show)
+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Nov 10 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #75

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

QUOTE(Jessica Chen @ Nov 10 2009, 03:33 AM) *
It's useful in many ways. You have to practice what you've learned right? Otherwise you will do a poor job in class. People are just stupid when they don't do their homework because they feel they don't need to. As for me, I actually like homework. Keeps me occupied.

Well thanks, indirectly, you just labeled my brother as an idiot for not doing his homework just because he doesn't feel he needs to. He is a perfectionist so he makes sure he knows it and never does his homework. Some people who don't do their homework definitely know it and don't do it since they know it so well. My brother is intelligent and I take offense that you said people are just stupid when they don't do their homework, it is an insult to my wonderful brother!! pissed.gif

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

Addie
post Nov 10 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #76

Herpdederp
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 923

The Team of Adaminta

I'm kind of in between. =/ I mean, I get the usage of it, it help review over the crap we learned in class and we all can't read four chapters in class in our spair time... But sometimes, for electives, when you get homework it's almost... redundant... Like, I have a ecology class as an elective and my teacher is great, but he likes to assign homework... D= So it's likee.... FFFF WHY!? IT'S AN ELECTIVE! slsdkljh lghse b,jhbgj,ser... > w<
RAEG
So yeah, it as its pros and cons, but mostly it seems good, yeah?

--------------------
Walk until your feet bleed... Then walk some more.

CLICK THE GROVYLE!!! It will take you to my party. I'm tired of refreshing this every time I get a new Pokemon egg.

Click mah eggs~ <3 I click back~ I also feed the right berries~ <3

Note;; I'll try my hardest to click all back as soon as possible. =3; If I don't, I'm usually busy with something else. I do have a girlfriend, life, friends and parents to accommodate. ALSO, THE GAME! D<
+Quote Post

Jessica Chen
post Nov 11 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #77

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 930

Active Squad

QUOTE(MoogleSam @ Nov 10 2009, 11:42 AM) *
QUOTE(Jessica Chen @ Nov 10 2009, 03:33 AM) *

Well thanks, indirectly, you just labeled my brother as an idiot for not doing his homework just because he doesn't feel he needs to. He is a perfectionist so he makes sure he knows it and never does his homework. Some people who don't do their homework definitely know it and don't do it since they know it so well. My brother is intelligent and I take offense that you said people are just stupid when they don't do their homework, it is an insult to my wonderful brother!! pissed.gif

I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend your brother. I'm sure some people don't do their homework and are still smart. I'm just saying most people don't do it. Anyways, if it's graded and you don't do it you get a 0 and it can lower your grades.

Still, people need to do their homework.

And I'm sorry I offended your brother. I didn't mean to.

--------------------
90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

Stories: Cry of the Wolf (Book 1)

Gxp plus (click to show)
+Quote Post

Flaming Pizza
post Nov 12 2009, 11:25 AM
Post #78

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 264

Active Squad

Depends on if you do the homework. It helps some people but others its useless

--------------------

I suck at siggys
+Quote Post

LiteSpeed
post Nov 16 2009, 05:36 AM
Post #79

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 39 978

hue

I do no homework and never study yet always get As on tests.
Seriously,I don't need it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nintega
post Nov 16 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #80

KING KICKASS!
Group Icon

Member No.: 46 371

lolwutaburger

I despise homework with all my heart and soul, along with liberal-bashing conservatives, homophobic, sexist, white supremisist Christians, feminists, and what the male version of a feminist is.

The problem with my homework is that it actually counts SO MUCH for my grade. If I go through an entire semester only doing homework like, once every week, I'll probably fail whichever class I didn't do homework for. Then again, I'm only in eighth grade, so much of the stupid shit they cram down our throats there won't matter later on. I never study or do my homework, and get A's on tests, too.
+Quote Post

12 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:09 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.