Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Please include password change command in GPX+ Chat page
Gryphaena
post May 29 2015, 10:33 PM
Post #1

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

So I was just on it, and I accidentally gave away my password, which I did yesterday as well.

I guess I'm not concentrating so well because I'm worried about something.

Anyway, I thought I followed the steps that I did yesterday to change my password, but I must have forgotten something because it didn't work.

I requested a new passcode to use, but when I used it, the channel told me that no one requested a new password for Gryph, so I was confused.

Gryph is the nickname I go by on the Chat.

After more bumbling it kicked me off.

So now I don't know what to do.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post May 30 2015, 07:59 AM
Post #2

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

So far as I can see, the nickname 'Gryph' is still registered. Can you identify yourself with it - that is, do you know the password?
If yes, first identify yourself (it's '/ns id <passhere>', no quotemarks or arrows), then type '/ns sendpass' to send yourself a new password. Follow the instructions on that very carefully.
If no... then when you join IRC, type /join #help to join synIRC's help channel, and ask them nicely to reset your password again and help you. That's all I can think of to do.

In the future, it might be best to download an IRC client onto your computer, if you're in a position to do that. It can do the identify command for you, so there's no risk of accidentally giving your password out. happy.gif I hope this helps.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:59 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.