Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Explorer.exe crashes, when I use MouseKeys
Retrospect
post Nov 16 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #1

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

So, this isn't a big deal and I don't want to mess with things to much to fix this since it's pretty easy to take care of when it happens, but I thought I'd see if any tech savvy people could help me out. I tried looking around on Google, but most of it doesn't apply to what I'm experiencing.

Basically what happens is explorer.exe eventually crashes when I mass-click with MouseKeys enabled. I don't get error messages or anything, it just freezes up. The computer doesn't lag or anything, and any programs open still work just fine (so I can just keep mass-clicking for a while after it happens). To fix it, I just open the task manager, end the process, then run a new task for it. Then it's fine. But I'd like to see if I can't find a permanent fix.

And it only happens when I have MouseKeys on. I can open hundreds of tabs and just click with the mouse and it never crashes, but when I use MouseKeys it'll crash after a while. Then, I end the process/restart the task and it's fine. If I keep mass-clicking with MouseKeys after I restart it, it eventually crashes again. Also, I can keep MouseKeys on and browse forums and whatnot and not run into any problems. It only happens when I'm quickly going through a massive amount of tabs.

Like I said, it's not a huge deal, but I'd like to see if there's possibly a permanent fix out there that doesn't involve something ridiculous like a system restore. Maybe a simple file swap or edit might do the trick but I don't want to royally screw up a system file. The slight inconvenience is not worth that.

My specs in case you need more than just the OS:
Windows Vista Ultimate SP 2 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 3.00GHz
4GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Letan
post Nov 17 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

My answer is probably completely useless here, but I've noticed at school that once I enable MouseKeys the computer seems to go significantly slower than normal, and they're pretty beefy machines too. Every time I mass-click there, Firefox just hangs several times. My guess is it's not something to do with GPX and just something specifically involving MouseKeys itself, because there were several occasions where I never loaded a single tab of GPX and Firefox would just go to "Not Responding". It also happened when I only had Visual Studio open too.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Nov 17 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #3

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

Yeah, I figured it was just MouseKeys. I doubt Microsoft really streamlines the usability features, but I don't know what to do about it. I don't experience any slow-down, though. Just explorer freezing.

I downloaded a digital clock for the clock gadget so now it's even less of a hassle (since the clock is really the only reason I restart explorer before I'm done mass-clicking), but that's not a permanent fix, either. I wonder if there's some alternative to MouseKeys.... or maybe we can convince Zerx and BB to set up hotkeys for clicking. <.<

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:07 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.