Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Darkrai Coming to the U.S.
Liquefy
post Jan 27 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #1

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 169

Active Squad

There is a new official website, Darkrai.com, that basically says we'll be getting Darkrai here in the states. It's unknown specifically how he'll be released, but I personally speculate he'll be available through WiFi when "The Rise of Darkrai" aires on Cartoon Network some time in March.

What drives me to believe that he'll be available through WiFi is that he has suddenly been introduced to us within the time span that "The Rise of Darkrai" was announced and there are, to my knowledge, no tours scheduled for the beginning of 2008. The website also clearly says "...check back often to find out how you can get it!" and I don't think they'd say something like that just to post tour dates or anything like that.

Discuss.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Jan 27 2008, 07:18 PM
Post #2

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

Shameless Man Whores

I pray to my dear lords that it's available through Wi-Fi. I live in Canada, and it'll be a pain in my neck to find a Darkrai if you had to go to Toys 'R Us in the US. PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.
+Quote Post

Liquefy
post Jan 27 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #3

I'm a model citizen?
Group Icon

Member No.: 169

Active Squad

There is currently no method of downloading Pokemon from the internet, but by utilizing a simple input system and friend codes/ID numbers, it should be fairly simple to do so. Plus the Darkrai from Japan was downloaded at theaters, so it may just be simply logging into WiFi at a specific time or something. Who knows, but the addition of WiFi certainly does raise the chances for more people to get event Pokemon.

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Jan 27 2008, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

QUOTE(Liquefy @ Jan 27 2008, 07:21 PM) *
There is currently no method of downloading Pokemon from the internet, but by utilizing a simple input system and friend codes/ID numbers, it should be fairly simple to do so. Plus the Darkrai from Japan was downloaded at theaters, so it may just be simply logging into WiFi at a specific time or something. Who knows, but the addition of WiFi certainly does raise the chances for more people to get event Pokemon.

I hope so. That way, Europeans can get it to, so can people in Asia, you get what I mean. *sigh* It would be nice. For once, I'd have an event Pokemon to call my own (sort of).

Actually... I think there might be a way. Mystery Gift-->Nintendo WFC-->Gift from Nintendo, A.K.A that weird pass you need to get to catch Darkrai. Is that what you meant?

I hope it's like that, or... meh. If they have a tour for this I will give up Pokemon forever.
+Quote Post

shamanx21
post Jan 28 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 585

Current HG team

I hope it'll get released at a low level.
Now that I think of it....I might actually trade just about anything for a drakrai in case I miss the event

--------------------
+Quote Post

Coolio
post Jan 30 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #6

Charizard will eat you if you come too close...
Group Icon

Member No.: 655

ATM In-Game in HG

I'm sorry to say, but this probably will be a tour....*killed* You know how they gave out Deoxys, Ho-Oh, and Lugia? It's probably going to be A LOT like that. It might even be handed out at the worlds in August...xP

--------------------
*~*~*~Currently*~*~*
Trying to come back to life on here and GPX+ hnnng

Teh Charizard is mine!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Seadragon
post Jan 31 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #7

Splash
Group Icon

Member No.: 926

Active Squad

I sure darn hope I don't have to run all the way to a random Toys R' Us to get it like Manaphy. x.x

--------------------
magnemite.gif poliwhirl.gif Poliwhirl and Magnemite are claimed by me! poliwhirl.gif magnemite.gif

If you want to have a uber on your team, fine. Use one. Don't let other people stop you from having Pokemon you want on your team unless you tell them to. I don't think there's anything wrong with ubers, so I gladly use my Lugia. If you want to have a uber on your team, don't leave them sitting in a box just because someone said they're wrong. Take them out and stick em' in your team, dangit!!

And remember kids, frogs are evil! They are. Have you ever looked at their eyes? PURE EVIL.

Click the eggs/Pokemon, I will ALWAYS return the favors. awesome.gif But if you're only going to only click one, click the Poliwhirl.
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Jan 31 2008, 05:23 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

QUOTE(Coolio @ Jan 30 2008, 08:40 PM) *
I'm sorry to say, but this probably will be a tour....*killed* You know how they gave out Deoxys, Ho-Oh, and Lugia? It's probably going to be A LOT like that. It might even be handed out at the worlds in August...xP

You know, it is a new era, and/or beginning of sorts for Nintendo, so hopefully it will be a global event. The Psyduck thing on the GTS, remember? Maybe they'll start
a new Wi-Fi thing like that.

Either that, or they'll be disappointing a lot of European/Canadian fans... sad.gif
+Quote Post

JaKhajay
post Feb 2 2008, 02:10 AM
Post #9

Advanced Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 776

Active Squad

QUOTE(suzyk @ Feb 1 2008, 11:23 AM) *
QUOTE(Coolio @ Jan 30 2008, 08:40 PM) *

You know, it is a new era, and/or beginning of sorts for Nintendo, so hopefully it will be a global event. The Psyduck thing on the GTS, remember? Maybe they'll start
a new Wi-Fi thing like that.

Either that, or they'll be disappointing a lot of European/Canadian fans... sad.gif

Don't forget the Southern Hemisphere!!

--------------------
is mine! all mine!
+Quote Post

Pokemaniac John
post Feb 3 2008, 07:44 PM
Post #10

Expert Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 029

Active Squad

I personally think that if Darkrai is going to be released via Wi-Fi, it's gonna be the Member's Card key item that we get, not a Pokéball containing Darkrai. That way we all have to catch Darkrai on our own. It balances the fact that EVERYBODY who has Diamond or Pearl and access to the internet will be getting a Darkrai.

--------------------

+Quote Post

suzyk
post Feb 3 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

QUOTE(Pokemaniac John @ Feb 3 2008, 07:44 PM) *
I personally think that if Darkrai is going to be released via Wi-Fi, it's gonna be the Member's Card key item that we get, not a Pokéball containing Darkrai. That way we all have to catch Darkrai on our own. It balances the fact that EVERYBODY who has Diamond or Pearl and access to the internet will be getting a Darkrai.

That seems probable. I bet you'll get Oak's Letter the same way. I think everybody was thinking that you'd get the item, not the Pokemon. Hurrah for Mystery Gift.
+Quote Post

Megaman
post Feb 5 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 044

Active Squad

You know some how i have a feeling that were all gonna be disapointed by the end of all this some way or another.Darkri will probally be something that you can only get at a certin event like a screening of the movie or something.heck,it might even only be something that can be obtained threw buying a dvd version of the movie.gamfreak has'ant yet given me a reason to belive there gonna change.so im not ready to jump the gun just yet until i see it with my own eyes

--------------------

super fighting Robot of poke battles Megaman![size="1"][/size]
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Feb 5 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

QUOTE(Megaman @ Feb 5 2008, 04:34 PM) *
You know some how i have a feeling that were all gonna be disapointed by the end of all this some way or another.Darkri will probally be something that you can only get at a certin event like a screening of the movie or something.heck,it might even only be something that can be obtained threw buying a dvd version of the movie.gamfreak has'ant yet given me a reason to belive there gonna change.so im not ready to jump the gun just yet until i see it with my own eyes

Then be it so. If some kind of special code is with the DVD, I'll make my parents buy it. I'm thinking now that the event won't be anything special, seeing as the Darkrai movie isn't going to be playing in theaters, fan speculated that it would. If they disappoint us by making it only an American event, I guess more people will be cheating. :/
+Quote Post

Cesium
post Feb 5 2008, 04:38 PM
Post #14

Can't stop the beat
Group Icon

Member No.: 399

Active Squad

Fortunately, the movie is just being aired on TV and released on DVD, so no theater hunting. I assume it uses the NWC Mystery Gift when it's announced.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cole
post Feb 5 2008, 07:35 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 980

Active Squad

I think I know exacly how I think it will be obtained trough pokemon ranger 2 like manaphy [br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at Dinomon!

--------------------

BY COOLIO

I claim Ninetails Play with Fire

thanks Wymsy for making the typhlosion sig it rocks
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Feb 5 2008, 07:39 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Shameless Man Whores

QUOTE(Cole @ Feb 5 2008, 07:35 PM) *
I think I know exacly how I think it will be obtained trough pokemon ranger 2 like manaphy [br]Click here to feed me a Rare Candy![br]Get your own at Dinomon!

But Ranger Battonage (English version) is probably going to be released in mid-June or Autumn. And the Darkrai page is up already; why would they have it up now if they're obviously going to release Battonage in mid 2008? That's just wasting bandwith. I have a feeling it will either be Nintendo WFC or an event in America. Which I hope it is not.
+Quote Post

Seadragon
post Feb 8 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #17

Splash
Group Icon

Member No.: 926

Active Squad

Can't you tell? This'll be available by going on the computer, in my opinion. There will be a limited number of Darkrai's being given, like, 1,000 or something, by Nintendo.com, and you go on the internet, and download it in your game by connecting to GTS. And there will be a sign on the GTS with a Darkrai saying, "Darkrai is being given to trainers! Your Wi-fi states you are connected to Nintendo.com. Would you like to recieve Darkrai?"

Click "Yes", go to a Pokemart with an empty slot in your party, and a guy in a green shirt gives you a Lv. 50 Darkrai with a Classic Ribbon. Ta-da.

--------------------
magnemite.gif poliwhirl.gif Poliwhirl and Magnemite are claimed by me! poliwhirl.gif magnemite.gif

If you want to have a uber on your team, fine. Use one. Don't let other people stop you from having Pokemon you want on your team unless you tell them to. I don't think there's anything wrong with ubers, so I gladly use my Lugia. If you want to have a uber on your team, don't leave them sitting in a box just because someone said they're wrong. Take them out and stick em' in your team, dangit!!

And remember kids, frogs are evil! They are. Have you ever looked at their eyes? PURE EVIL.

Click the eggs/Pokemon, I will ALWAYS return the favors. awesome.gif But if you're only going to only click one, click the Poliwhirl.
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Feb 8 2008, 08:11 PM
Post #18

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

that's not the way they'll do it. darkrai is found on newmoon island which is accessed by going to the locked hotel in canalave. the key was given to the japanese trainers when they went to the movie theater. maybe while they show the movie on cartoon network, u'll have to log onto the wi-fi and then they'll give u the key.

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Feb 8 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #19

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(sharksarentevil @ Feb 8 2008, 05:11 PM) *
the key was given to the japanese trainers when they went to the movie theater.

I believe they were downloaded, not caught on the island.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Feb 8 2008, 09:08 PM
Post #20

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Member No.: 807

BLARG

o. i was just assuming. does anyone know a japanese pokemon trainer who received a darkai?

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:46 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.