Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Pink Pokemon, NOT a novelty suggestion!
Arceus Awakened
post May 16 2013, 03:49 PM
Post #1

Suicune is the most beautiful of all ♥
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 80 219

My favourites~

This is merely a SPRITE CHANGE. It will NOT alter a Pokemon's species or rarity in any way.
I apologise if this is against the rules to suggest despite not being novelty.

So, I was reading Bulbapedia, and came across the page for Pinkan Island, and thought that it would be a good thing to implement here. o:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pinkan_Island

The basic premise:
Use of an item (details are later) will change specific Pokemon's sprites to pink versions.

The item will probably, so as to not conflict with the Pinkan Berry trinket, be called Pinkan Berry Concentrate or something - this also works as it's a LOT stronger, and so the equivalent of a lot of berries.

The sprite change is not permanent, however the sprite itself is unlocked as permanent and can be changed as per usual using the Sprite Changer.
As for evolutions, it's either that the effects are lost after evolution, or that they stay - the latter requires more sprites, however.

I'm working on sprites for all the Pokemon listed on the Pinkan Island page right now, I will upload them when I am finished, and will work on the PBC, probably based off Moo Moo Milk as that isn't implemented on the site whilst the other drinks are. (it'll look like strawberry milk~)

A repeat - this is NOT novelty. As such, it will have the same effect on shiny sprites and menu sprites as RBY sprites do - i.e. no change from the normal for that sprite.

As for prices, it'd likely be cheaper than rare evolution items, perhaps the same price as a normal but only found via luck/the Prize Shop as with Eviolite etc.?

So...yup. XD

(A final note - the sprites have less contrast than that of normal spritework, as the anime screenshots aren't the best for obtaining colours from, plus I'm far less experienced in said colour-obtaining method - the last time I did that was with Shadow Lugia and I had so much more shading to pick from there. X3)

--------------------

~ freelance spriter | shiny collector | aspiring trinketeer ~

Project Arceus (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Synchronise
post May 16 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #2

[PAPER INTENSIFIES]
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 425

Fithos Team Delta

Unless I hear otherwise, I'm locking this. It goes along with things like the Cherrim forms and Porygon-T, in my view, even if THOSE are irreversible, so as such I consider it part of the "No Novelty Pokemon" DNS rule even if you say it's not a Novelty.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:12 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.