Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
December Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Luneon
post Dec 2 2017, 08:44 PM
Post #81

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(PokeNOM NOM NOM @ Dec 2 2017, 03:15 PM) *
Same!
When are you celebrating?

We're doing this tonight, will probably spent a couple of hours reading each others poems and unpacking.
I'm looking forward to it so much. Wish I had more time to prepare though!

Probably on the day itself.
There were a couple important things that had to be done around the house first and everyone's busy this weekend so~

--------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(Celltres @ Dec 2 2017, 07:15 PM) *
My girlfriends family decided to not do presents this year, which as an Englishman is helpful, since my Dutch is not at poem-writing levels yet lol.gif

Don't worry, even Dutchies suck balls at poems.
I was really into poetry when I was a child, prodigy yadda yadda, so I always helped whenever allowed to.
A lot of people are bad at it so no need to feel ashamed.

-----------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Dec 3 2017, 02:24 AM) *
I do love the site a lot and have had a fantastic history here, and I don't blame anyone for being upset about its current low-activity status.

After watching site after site, game after game shut down....
I really hope this one ain't next.

Now I vaguely remember that during summer, a few hints were dropped regarding upcoming events so who knows.
To me the site seems near dead and on its last legs but who knows there could be a loooooot going on behind the scenes.
It takes a while to prepare events after all. I mean look at pretty much every other site/game that's still standing.
They all got periods of inactivity but then whoop event after another.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 2 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #82

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

I've been having that sinking feeling that the website is going to have to be shut down because there's not enough users left to keep it afloat, but all I can do is hope that the day doesn't come soon. Been having that feeling for a while now, though I hope it's just me being paranoid.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Dec 2 2017, 11:25 PM
Post #83

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

Same. Recent changes and the general long slog don't bode well.

Got a Cobalion today, so yay. I'll miss the monthly shiny chance, but at least I have something from the last one. Also hatched a 17-IV eevee. Poor thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gato
post Dec 3 2017, 12:01 AM
Post #84

Pokemon Plushie Collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 60 319

Dream Team

Going for Koko this time around, that way I can be 3/4 Tapu complete with the exploration this month!

Also, any ETA on voucher use?

--------------------

Click on my good friend Jirachi here to visit my eggs and Pokemon!
+Quote Post

Letan
post Dec 3 2017, 12:38 AM
Post #85

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

The SWSH reward voucher is now live! Be sure to check your Inventory if you were part of the winning affinity or purchased it from the Shop! kamina.gif

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 3 2017, 12:43 AM
Post #86

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Letan @ Dec 2 2017, 09:38 PM) *
The SWSH reward voucher is now live! Be sure to check your Inventory if you were part of the winning affinity or purchased it from the Shop! kamina.gif

Yay! Got my Egg all ready to go. Also, how's the weather where everyone is? It's so cold I have to wear gloves. Bit hard to type..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 3 2017, 07:14 AM
Post #87

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Yeah I'm trying to get my stuff done ASAP so I can work on site stuff. There'll be some stuff soon. I promise x

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Dec 3 2017, 07:19 AM
Post #88

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

Hope everyone enjoys the sprites! <3

Had a fun evening unwrapping gifts with my family yesterday, we all got some great things. ^^

The weather here is getting colder and colder, I don't like it much. -_-2.gif

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

Vulpix D
post Dec 3 2017, 08:17 AM
Post #89

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 782

Random PKMN's

If we're talking about weather, I must say i prefer the Cold

80+ degree's over the summer was way to hot for me.

Do wish it would snow though, haven't gotten much the past few years.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Level-X
post Dec 3 2017, 09:28 AM
Post #90

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Dec 2 2017, 07:24 PM) *
QUOTE(SilverPT @ Dec 2 2017, 06:44 PM) *
Revamping the trinket market, revamping the Inventory page, revamping the PC page, breeding incentives. Not to talk about some QoL features and the blantely obvious Achievements. Heck, even more variety in Scavenger tasks would help. And it's obvious that none of these suggestions will come to life when there's only one person with a job and a family (aka that has very little spare time) able to code. And I know that giving someone access to that kind of stuff is risky. But at this point, is there really something to lose?

Anyway, this is just me venting. Not at the staff, but at fate. We grew so many good memories in here that it saddens me to see things like this. But there's still time to change it. At least I hope so.

I think the Credits have actually covered server costs. Most of what was spent on the site was time, which involves, as you said, explorations and sprites and stuff.

And yeah, it would be wonderful if all of the things you mentioned could be implemented. However, it really is a matter of time and interest. Not to mention that some of these things aren't as simple as they might seem (specifically Achievements). There are things planned, I can assure that, but an entire overhaul is not in the cards.

I do love the site a lot and have had a fantastic history here, and I don't blame anyone for being upset about its current low-activity status.

I would like another person to be given the ability to code things onto the site as well, but as you mentioned it's not an easy thing to do. I do hope that one day we may see some more life brought back into the site. I'm absolutely fine with low-activity though, I mean, it would be awesome to have even more but the people who still play, are pretty dedicated to sticking with this game, and that's really nice to see. happy.gif Low-activity beats site shutdown any day of the week!

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

+Quote Post

Venusaur King
post Dec 3 2017, 02:12 PM
Post #91

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 724

The Saur Kingdom

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Dec 2 2017, 07:44 PM) *
Not sure how I feel about this. Granted that the site is slowly dying for the past two years (kinda funny that the community threads started to go downhill around the time that I gave up on the forums), but I feel like this is pulling one of the last plugs, unless there's something coming to replace it. On one hand this was inevitable. People grow, interest dissipates, real life starts to take over. Besides all of this, I'm sure that the staff has taken money out of their pockets to maintain the server and whatnot. Not counting hours to draw sprites and write explorations.

On the other hand, I feel like there was so much to be done that could pump that much needed life onto this. Social networks/community managers to advertise and gather newcomers (something that could have been done last year when PoGO was released) was one of them. Revamping the trinket market, revamping the Inventory page, revamping the PC page, breeding incentives. Not to talk about some QoL features and the blantely obvious Achievements. Heck, even more variety in Scavenger tasks would help. And it's obvious that none of these suggestions will come to life when there's only one person with a job and a family (aka that has very little spare time) able to code. And I know that giving someone access to that kind of stuff is risky. But at this point, is there really something to lose?

Anyway, this is just me venting. Not at the staff, but at fate. We grew so many good memories in here that it saddens me to see things like this. But there's still time to change it. At least I hope so.

I agree with nearly everything in here. I've been as disappointed in the lack of activity as anybody, and I definitely understand the lack of time (I too have a wife and two young children). I'll add that I've also been disappointed with the lack of explanations/communication for some decisions (the decision not to do anything about breeding [for the moment], the lack of communication on the final Zygarde form, the decision to pull the plug on distributions). I think it would make people feel better to know why things they like or think would help the site aren't being implemented or are being taken away. And I'm not asking for a detailed analysis for every single thing that happens on the site, just for major things, or things numerous people have inquired about or asked for.

I want to make clear that I appreciate everyone's time, effort, and work on this site. And if there's something that someone with no coding or spriting skills to do to help, I'm happy to volunteer.

--------------------

Join the Battle Dojo and compete to become the Champion!

Banner by Shaoo
Battle Dojo Affiliates (click to show)

Other Battle Dojo Banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 3 2017, 02:28 PM
Post #92

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Venusaur King @ Dec 3 2017, 07:12 PM) *
I agree with nearly everything in here. I've been as disappointed in the lack of activity as anybody, and I definitely understand the lack of time (I too have a wife and two young children). I'll add that I've also been disappointed with the lack of explanations/communication for some decisions (the decision not to do anything about breeding [for the moment], the lack of communication on the final Zygarde form, the decision to pull the plug on distributions). I think it would make people feel better to know why things they like or think would help the site aren't being implemented or are being taken away. And I'm not asking for a detailed analysis for every single thing that happens on the site, just for major things, or things numerous people have inquired about or asked for.

I want to make clear that I appreciate everyone's time, effort, and work on this site. And if there's something that someone with no coding or spriting skills to do to help, I'm happy to volunteer.

Ok I already posted about the Zygarde Formes in another community thread, I believe it was the November one, so i'm going to shut that part down right now, in the least rude way possible.

Zygarde formes are being worked on. The reason for the delay is my kitchen pipework blew up at the start of the month so I've been dealing with that and a very minimal kitchen (which has only just been fixed). In doing so I've had to greatly increase my hours at work, because rent money went on fixing that shit, so my University deadlines have taken a backseat, and I have 1-2 a week with ~4 left. On top of this, we've also had break-ins within my flat complex within my stairwell (thankfully not my flat) so that's being dealt with too.

They will be done before the end of the year.

Quote below just so I'm not bullshitting the matter. Honestly, I'm sorry it's taken so long, I had every intention to get them done WHEN it was said but you know shit happens.

QUOTE(x Sam @ Nov 6 2017, 03:02 AM) *
I've seen a few people ask about the Zygarde forms - regarding those they'll be along soon I promise. I've had a lot of.. unfortunate things happen IRL requiring me to pick up more hours at work, and on top of university deadlines I haven't had the spare time to get them done. The plan originally was for them to be out pretty soon though.

tl;dr my kitchen pipework blew up 2 weeks before rent was due, rent money went on fixing pipework. Put two and two together.

This is also for anybody else who was thinking/wondering about it.

This post has been edited by x Sam: Dec 3 2017, 02:57 PM

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Dec 3 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #93

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

I feel like a main issue with trying to attract many people is risking Nintendo's lawyers having a shit fit

you've all seen what they've done to stuff like Pixelmon and Pokemon Uranium, if GPX gets too much traffic there's a good chance they might decide to nuke the site

I mean, granted GPX is not nearly as popular as those two examples I mentioned but with the right advertisement it is entirely possible, but that also risks bringing Nintendo's banhammer down on us

edit: trust me, I love this site, I've met many friends here and I'd hate for it to slowly die, but I dunno, I'm not an expert and never claimed to be

This post has been edited by The Majestic Mr L: Dec 3 2017, 03:13 PM

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 3 2017, 03:18 PM
Post #94

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Letan @ Dec 3 2017, 06:38 AM) *

Winning....affinity...?
Does that mean that from now on, only the winning affinity will get a prize?
Before it was just whoever hatched a shiny regardless of affinity would get a prize.

-------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Dec 3 2017, 06:43 AM) *
Also, how's the weather where everyone is? It's so cold I have to wear gloves. Bit hard to type..

Chilly, rainy, cold, egh
I don't like leaving my bed these days. At all.

--------------------------------------
QUOTE(PokeNOM NOM NOM @ Dec 3 2017, 01:19 PM) *
Had a fun evening unwrapping gifts with my family yesterday, we all got some great things. ^^

The weather here is getting colder and colder, I don't like it much. -_-2.gif

Glad to hear!

I am not a fan of fall and winter either. I'm more a 25c+ and sunny type of person.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Venusaur King
post Dec 3 2017, 03:48 PM
Post #95

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 724

The Saur Kingdom

QUOTE(x Sam @ Dec 3 2017, 02:28 PM) *
Ok I already posted about the Zygarde Formes in another community thread, I believe it was the November one, so i'm going to shut that part down right now, in the least rude way possible.

Zygarde formes are being worked on. The reason for the delay is my kitchen pipework blew up at the start of the month so I've been dealing with that and a very minimal kitchen (which has only just been fixed). In doing so I've had to greatly increase my hours at work, because rent money went on fixing that shit, so my University deadlines have taken a backseat, and I have 1-2 a week with ~4 left. On top of this, we've also had break-ins within my flat complex within my stairwell (thankfully not my flat) so that's being dealt with too.

They will be done before the end of the year.

Quote below just so I'm not bullshitting the matter. Honestly, I'm sorry it's taken so long, I had every intention to get them done WHEN it was said but you know shit happens.

QUOTE(x Sam @ Nov 6 2017, 03:02 AM) *
I've seen a few people ask about the Zygarde forms - regarding those they'll be along soon I promise. I've had a lot of.. unfortunate things happen IRL requiring me to pick up more hours at work, and on top of university deadlines I haven't had the spare time to get them done. The plan originally was for them to be out pretty soon though.

tl;dr my kitchen pipework blew up 2 weeks before rent was due, rent money went on fixing pipework. Put two and two together.

This is also for anybody else who was thinking/wondering about it.

Thanks for the explanation! I didn't see that on the community thread. I think it might be helpful if there were more header updates about things like that. And your explanation was not rude. I hope you didn't take my post to be rude.

--------------------

Join the Battle Dojo and compete to become the Champion!

Banner by Shaoo
Battle Dojo Affiliates (click to show)

Other Battle Dojo Banners (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Dec 3 2017, 03:48 PM
Post #96

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

Tapu Koko is being handed out in ~10 minutes, so make sure you leave a spot open if you want one! I got mine a few hours ago. Good luck to anyone who is trying for it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Letan
post Dec 3 2017, 03:57 PM
Post #97

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Luneon @ Dec 3 2017, 03:18 PM) *
QUOTE(Letan @ Dec 3 2017, 06:38 AM) *

Winning....affinity...?
Does that mean that from now on, only the winning affinity will get a prize?
Before it was just whoever hatched a shiny regardless of affinity would get a prize.

My bad, I always figured SWSH prizes only went to whoever contributed to their affinity winning. This is a good indicator of how much time I have to spend actively playing GPX+. no.gif

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 3 2017, 04:05 PM
Post #98

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

Yes, got Tapu Koko! Now all I need is Bulu. Seems to have warmed up today, which is nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vulpix D
post Dec 3 2017, 04:41 PM
Post #99

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 782

Random PKMN's

Got a Tapu Koko and my Nihilego egg today. Synx Itax got 2 Cobalion on her day, so i assume i'll still get a Victini.

Was aware the rest of Alola was going to take awhile after posting in the "Gear Grinding" thread, so thats no problem.

I was unaware that the site was becoming less active though.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 3 2017, 05:02 PM
Post #100

Group Icon

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Vulpix D @ Dec 3 2017, 09:41 PM) *
Got a Tapu Koko and my Nihilego egg today. Synx Itax got 2 Cobalion on her day, so i assume i'll still get a Victini.

Was aware the rest of Alola was going to take awhile after posting in the "Gear Grinding" thread, so thats no problem.

I was unaware that the site was becoming less active though.

You get your egg regardless of what other egg you get, so you'll be guaranteed a Victini anyway. So you can go for 2 Victini, or 1 Victini and one of the others.

edit: So yes, you'll get your Victini happy.gif

This post has been edited by x Sam: Dec 3 2017, 05:02 PM

--------------------

[align=center]---

---[/align]
[/align]
+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:41 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.