Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Big Day, Harrington Cup, Part Two
Troy Bolton
post Aug 6 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

The Big Day
Harrington Cup- Part Two

The Players-
Matthew Fletcher- Earl
John Gatsby- JGatsby
Etnie- Etnie
Charlie Cinder- empoleon dynamite
Ara- Squirtlecuno
Erisashi- Adokai

Matthew Fletcher was enjoying his rest. This had been his first true bed in over a week, and it was a huge improvement over huddling in a tree and fighting his Pokemon for the one blanket. You know, you could sleep like this all the time if you wired Javier for more money... came Matt's weaker half. Shut up, that'd be giving in to Dad. Phee! came a sound. What is that?

"PHEE!" There it was again. Matt barely had time to think before he was bodily dragged from his bed by one angered Phanpy.

"Neil," mumbled Matt, "what time is it?" He opened his eyes, the light streaming from a window causing him to blink. Neil was pointing his snout toward a wall clock.

"It's Eight forty, so what?" Croagunk held the flier up. "IT STARTS AT NINE?" Matt jumped up.

Crossing the room in 3 paces, Matt grabbed his clothes and Pokeballs. There was no time to fix his hair, or clean up. The trainer threw on his clothes with the speed of a Doduo. He only just remembered to grab his fedora and pack before rushing from the door, the Pokemon right on his heels.

Matt jumped down the stairs 5 at a time, with no regards for safety. He rushed by the nurse desk, quickly yelling a "Thank you, bye!" before rushing out. He ran parallel to the Pokemon Center's windows before something made him stop. Gatsby. The man was fast asleep on a waiting room couch. Excellent, his weaker side thought, let him oversleep. One less competitor! No, chided his better side, that's not right! He's a decent guy, and you know that! At the least, he got that Mankey off of your back.

Matt bit his lip and stopped suddenly, his Pokemon crashing into him. The impact brought the trainer to his knees, where he noticed a green-lightning Seal, like the one he placed on Shock's Pokeball. Oh, Arceus...fine. Matt picked himself up and barreled into the Pokemon Center.

Reaching the waiting room, Matt almost fell over Gatsby, Tiff only barely managing to grab his collar. Errr, how do I wake him up?

"Gatsby..." he muttered, "Wake up, competition's in 10 minutes." Nothing.

"Gatsby," he said. Still no response.

"OY! GATSBY! UP AND AT 'EM! CUP STARTS IN TEN MINUTES!"

This post has been edited by Earl: Aug 11 2008, 10:21 AM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 6 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #2

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 413

Active Squad

John was resting easy when all of a sudden he heard someone yelling at him. He at first thought it was his dream, but the final time he heard yelling John sprung up.

"What in all that is holy is going on? Ten minutes? Oh... oh no!" John said as he stood up and threw on his trenchcoat. He took out three Pokeballs and began juggling each one as he called back the three Pokemon that had been out an resting, and swiftly returning them to his belt. John then ran over to the nurse that was standing at the counter already with his Cubone in her hand.

"Oh thank you very much gorgeous." John said as he leaned in and gave a peck on the nurses cheek. She laughed and blush as John spun around back to Matthew.

"Hey, thanks mate, lets get going so I can win this tournament." John said with a smirk and a wink. "No time to lose.. lead the way."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 6 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #3

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Gatsby juggled his Pokeballs as he ran with Matt. He took another from the nurse. Huh, when did he capture another? The trainer attached his balls in his belt, then grinned at Matt.

"Hey, thanks mate, lets get going so I can win this tournament. No time to lose.. lead the way." grinned Gatsby as the two left the center.

"Tch, just be glad I woke you up in time, you-" Matt skipped a beat. "Me, lead the way? I thought you knew where it was?" Gatsby looked at Matt.

"No, I thought you knew!" Matt groaned.

"We're screwed." He scanned the walking people. Everyone seemed to be heading the same way. Ah-ha.

"Tiff, fly up and see if you can see the Coliseum!"

"Bee!" replied the Combee as it fluttered up. After a gut-wrenching minute, it flew down. "Bee! Bee!" Matt assumed that meant "Follow me!"

"Gatsby, let's go!" The two trainers ran after the Tiny Bee as it weaved through the city's avenues and sidestreets. After tripping twice over Neil, Matt returned the Long Nose, Toxic Mouth, and Flash Pokemon to their balls.

"There it is!" shouted Gatsby, who was puffing slightly behind Matt. And indeed, it was. The Ganersyn Coliseum was huge, made of what looked like pure white marble. Still, this is no time for architecture appreciation. A large crowd had assembled around the Coliseum. There was no way to get in.

"Crap, now what?"

"Leave it to me, ol' chap!" said Gatsby, taking a Pokeball out. "Joker, clear us a path!" He threw it ahead of Matt, and Gatsby's Gastly appeared, laughing heartily. The Gas Pokemon went into the crowd, doing Arceus-knows-what, but cleared a shaky path. Matt grinned as the Gastly appeared behind Gatsby.

"Almost there!" Matt went into a full out sprint, practically throwing himself through the revolving doors, Gatsby just behind him. The reception desk was just ahead!

"Hello," said the reception woman. "Would you like to enter the Harrington Cup?"

"Yes!" said the two trainers in unison.

Phew, thought Matt, we made it.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Etnie
post Aug 6 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #4

GTS+PL Duskfall Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 030

Gym Team

Sitting in the lobby of the colosseum listening to his mp3 player, Etnie waits. Calm, cool, collected, yet inside, frustrated. I shouldn't have lost to such a young trainer. She was pretty good though...ah what am I thinking, it was beginner's luck that's all. Still she should be at the tourney today Etnie stretches a bit and looks down at his poketec. ten minutes till the registration closes. She may have already signed up, maybe I just didn't see her. What ever happened to those to guys at the park anyway, they seemed so eager to be in....

About that time Gatsby and Matt come flying through the crowd stopping at the desk. ... the tourney.....Guess they made it. Looks like this will be a little more interesting than expected.

Etnie get's up and goes around to the trainer's waiting room. Inside, plenty of trainers are doing their usual pre-battle warm-ups. Some stretching, some putting on good luck charms, some even trading. trading before a tourney? These trainers might be more helpless than I thought

Walking up to the registration list, he begins scanning the names of his opponents.

--------------------
[spoiler=My Badges]
[/spoiler]
[align=center]FC: 5284 7712 8844
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 6 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #5

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

((A JG/Earl Production))

"Well, gentlemen," said the receptionist, "Your names and your Pokemon, please!"

John cleared his throat, and put his Pokeballs on the counter. "Well my name is John Gatsby Madigan, and these are my four Pokemon. Char, Joker, Cobalt, and Cue-Ball respectively." John said with a smile in between deep breaths.

Matt rolled his eyes. "Matt Fletcher of Goldenrod, here's Neil the Phanpy, Shock the Shinx, Croagunk the...ah, Croagunk, and here's Tiff the Combee!" He placed the Pokeballs down as he rattled off the names.

The receptionist smiled. "Very good, gentlemen. Please follow me to the waiting room." The woman stood up, beckoning the two to a large oak door.

John smiled and nodded to Matthew as if to say, "we did it". John took his Pokeballs and placed them back on his belt. "Oh yeah, by the way. After you left last night, I went out for a walk, and I caught none other than, a Cubone. Plus, I think Cobalt's warming up to me."

Matt laughed as he put his Pokeballs in his pack. "Sure he is."

The trainers walked toward the receptionist as she pushed open the study door. "Good luck, and good battling!" she said.

"Thank you miss." John said with a bow. "Can you believe we're here mate? We're actually here. It's time for us to show the world what we're made of."

"Yep," replied Matt. "They'll see me as more than the PokeGear kid-" he stopped. Man, I'm slipping.

"I, uh, I don't know what that means. But oh well. Looks like we just wait in here til' the tournament begins." John stated

"Forget about it," muttered Matt. "Let's find some seats."

"Sounds like a plan to me." said John. The two sat down in a large sofa, roomy enough for at least four.

Matt released his Pokemon. "Alright guys, this is it. The big one. Let's win this one and make it all the way. We can be famous for our own right." "Bee!" "Phee!" "Croaaa~" "Shiii!" "Glad to hear it." he grinned.

John took all of his Pokeballs and released them as well. "Alright guys, come out and relax." Char, Joker, Cobalt, and Cue-Ball were all released into the room with the others. "Charmander!" "Cubone-bone-bone." Said two of John's Pokemon, while Joker just laughed and Cobalt danced back and forth, sporting his new headband.

"Hey, you guys must be hungry. Let's see, I've got lemonade, berries...and poffins. Croagunk, you like it spicy, right?" He scattered the food around for the Pokemon.

"Sorry guys, but you know that I've got nothing, or I'd give you some." said John in a monotone voice.

Matt rolled his eyes. "Here," he said, pushing some food into the trainer's arms. John looked down at the food that he just received. "You sure Matt? With all this stuff your giving me, I don't want to make you go broke."

Matt laughed. "It's not much. Worst comes to worst, I'll beat you up and steal your money." He winked.

John laughed and fed his Pokemon. They all came up, besides Joker, and all took some food. "But when it comes down to it Matt. One, you couldn't beat me up. Two, I'm broke and always have been. So you'd get nothing from me anyway."

"I'll take your word for it on the second. But on the first, I know I'd wi-" Ah, it's not worth it. "Whatever, just don't worry about it."

John smiled knowing that he could take Matthew, but didn't feel like getting into it. "So what now?"

"Play pinochle?"

"Haha, no thank you." John said with a laugh.

"You don't know what it is, do you?"

"Not a clue."

Matt laughed. "Figured."

"Hey... what'd you think of that nurse at that PokeCenter? She was pretty cute." John said as he patted Cue-Ball on the skull.

"Yeah, she was pretty nice. But that hair!~ Ugh. Pink is not her color. That receptionist, though- she was nice."

"I don't know mate. I thought the pink really brought out the nurses eyes, not unlike the receptionist, but thats just me." John said as he picked up Cue-Ball and put him on his lap.

"Are you serious? Green and pink do not a make a nice match." Matt glanced over at his Pokemon. All of the food was gone, and Shock was licking the plates.

"Bah, she looked good to me at least, and she was sweet as well." Char walked up near John and he patted him on his head while scratching Cue-Balls back.

"You can have her, just leave the receptionist alone." Shock howled slightly, and jumped into Matt's lap. He petted its fur unconsciously.

"Haha, deal I suppose. Though me and the nurse would never work. They are all married to their jobs, and you can't get me to settle down already." John threw some berries over to Cobalt.

"Same here," said Matt, as Neil nuzzled his leg. "I could never be stuck in a job, I'd go stir-crazy."

"Damn straight... looks like we have a decent amount in common. Well, a little bit. What exactly is so secret about your background?"

Matt sighed. He deserved to know. "Well, you've heard of the PokeGear, right?"

"The packs and whatnot that some trainers carry? I believe so."

"No, it's like the multi-application watch. Sorta like the PokeTech. You can listen to the radio, call people, etc."

"Oh... in that case, no, I hadn't really heard of them before. Not much technology makes it to my city."

"Ah, I see. In any case, my father created that." stated Matt.

"Ah, that's pretty impressive. Must mean your family is pretty well off as well, correct?"

"They are. One of the richest families in Johto, actually." "But..." he sighed.

"Something the matter, Matthew?" asked John.

"Well, my father and I had a falling out a year ago, when my mother was...taken, by Team Rocket. They thought she had rare Pokemon on her."

"Oh wow, mate... I'm sorry to hear that... to be honest, I've had my own run in with those Rocket fellows." John said as he placed Cue-Ball back on the ground. "You see... I was a Pokemon Ranger a few years ago. And to be honest, I was pretty rotten at being one. Well, as I was investigating a habitat of Scyther and Pinsir because I heard something was the matter." John took a deep breath and continued. "Well... those Rocket scoundrels showed up... they put them all in nets and started to steal them. I tried to stop them, but I only had Char with me, and my fathers favorite Pokemon; his Arcanine." He leaned forward and put his head in his hands. "So um... they took my dads Arcanine, and knocked me out. When I came too, I was in the forest surrounded by Beedrill... I was ashamed, told my father, and gave up on being a ranger... but this is nothing like losing a family member. I apologize."

"It's fine, man. I'm over it. Just sometimes...I 'unno, it gets to me." The man sighed.

"Well... hopefully one day we'll run into those low lifes, and teach them a lesson." John said with anger in his voice.

"Damn straight."

The two continued talking, and the beginnings of a friendship were formed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Emp
post Aug 8 2008, 08:16 AM
Post #6

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 348

Active Squad

Charlie decided to sleep under a tree in the park that night, sharing a blanket with her two fire type Pokémon – Cyndaquil and Houndour. Starly fluttered down from her tree branch and started pecking Charlie on the head.

“Hey!” She shouted at Starly, “What was that for!? I’m tryna’ get some sleep!”

She sat up and checked her watch, It was 9:30.

“9:30!?” She screamed, “I’m gunna’ miss the tournament!”

Getting up, she loped out of the park and through the alleyway with her Pokémon in tow, running as fast as her legs would take her. She emerged from the Alleyway, welcomed by large sign: Ganersyn Collusium.

“Yes! I made it just in time”, she said with a smile of confidence. Chalie walked through the large doors; hundred’s of people where queuing up in the sign-ups desk.

’Glad I signed up yesterday’, She laughed to herself and walked into the waiting room. The red head looked around, noticing a familiar face with striking white hair:

’Etnie?! The little snake, I bet he only battled with me to find out my stategy. The nerve of that-’

“Hi Etnie!” She shouted with a fake smile...

This post has been edited by empoleon dynamite: Aug 8 2008, 08:19 AM

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Adokai
post Aug 11 2008, 02:05 AM
Post #7

Level ?? Elite Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 77

Active Squad

Eri was awake and ready to go dead on seven thirty a.m. He had spent the next hour playing with Dusk, Torchic and Turtwig, banishing any nervous thoughts about the Harrington Cup in favour of fun. He'd prepared a quick breakfast the night before, and after setting out the pokemon's food he sat down to dig into his own - it was a clear morning, the sun casting muted rays of gold over the foliage of the tree he and his team had slept under. It stained the deep green a pretty sort of bronze, heralding a warm day to come.

Hat jammed firmly on his head, and sunglasses protecting his eyes he recalled Turtwig and Torchic back to their pokeballs, Dusk capering along beside his trainer as they made it down to road and into town.

Eight thirty saw him scribbling down his name on the registration form, along with that of the types of pokemon he would be entering. He gave the desk clerk a shy smile, shuffling after the her as he was led into the waiting room. His eyes widened behind his sunglasses as he took in the sight of so many trainers and different pokemon. His hands shook slightly with nerves as he flipped open his 'dex, directing it to the different pokemon.

"Combee: A bug type pokemon. It collects and delivers honey to its colony. At night, they cluster to form a beehive and sleep" the mechanical voice of his 'dex told him. Rather loudly. he shoved the bright red electrical pokemon encyclopaedia back into his pocket, turning away from the owner of the Combee in a fit of nerves. He hadn't been around so many people at one time before. This was almost too much.

He called Turtwig and Torchic from their respective pokeballs for some pre-match exercise, guiding the young pokemon with his voice in mock battles. He winced as a particularly loud girls voice scythed through the air, turning his head to look for the source of the noise. His pokemon paused, looking up at their trainer, letting out various inquisitive sounds. He turned back, hand reaching up to take his hat off – after all, it was rude to wear one inside, right? Hat stuffed haphazardly into his bag (it was made of flexible material, and wouldn’t crumple so easily), he returned to quietly coaching his pokemon, thoughts on the soon-to-start Cup.

He was ready.

--------------------
I have claimed Kyogre. >=3

Click the eggs please~
+Quote Post

Jojo McDodd
post Aug 12 2008, 06:53 AM
Post #8

SMALL FUZZY INVENTOR KID~
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 272

Active Squad

((Nevermind. If you read this post before I edited it, I said that I wanted to quit. Curse that Gatsby- he swayed me. Squirtle reporting for duty. Though never mind the fight with the Sneasel guy. It never happened.))

Her father... He was still out there.... Though locked in a fate worse than death... Where was he? A plume of fire, the screech of an eagle.... and a scream....

Ara woke in a cold sweat with talons digging into her shoulder. "Eeeek!" Buckskin gasped. "Ara?! Are you ok? You were dreaming and shouting! Wake up!" She kept to herself that the human had not been shouting, but making an inhuman, bird-like screech.

Ara's heart rate slowly returned to normal, and the girl was left panting. "What's... today?" She gasped. "Oh, no! Today's the day of the cup! EveryoneintownisgonnabetheresigningupandIgottagetmovingsoIdon'tmissoutect..." Buckskin smiled as the girl ricoched around the room in a frenzy. She wasn't a lunatic after all.

An hour later...

Ara sighed. "Is this line EVER gonna move?! I am sooo bored!" Buckskin looked up. "Oh, that reminds me- I took the liberty of signing you up." Ara's face slowly turned red. "You WHAT?! YOU MEAN I'VE BEEN WAITING HERE FOR HALF AN HOUR WHEN I COULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN INSIDE?! RRGGGH!" Ara had to restrain herself from strangling the turtle. Buckie merely snickered and waddled toward the door to the contestants' room.

A bulky security guard blocked Ara's path. "Name?" he growled. Ara gulped. "C-c-ciera Nekowa." The security guard flipped through his list of names, then grunted, "I only have an Ara Nekowa on this list." Ara gave her best pleading look. "That's my nickname." The security guard flapped his forehead, not believing he was stupid enough to walk into that one. "Go on ahead anyway."

This post has been edited by Squirtlecuno: Aug 13 2008, 09:26 AM

--------------------
squirtle.gif Squirtle ish pwn, and I claim it. You shall not steal. squirtle.gif

Previously known as Squirtlecuno.
I really like Horton Hears a Who and Percy Jackson. Like, more than Pokemon right now. So I changed my name. Because Jojo is my favorite character. And I loves him.~ <3
... also, someone already stole Nico di Angelo. >:U
SO YEAH
JOJO IS SMALL AND FUZZY AND ADORABLE

AND AND

YESH <3

My normal location:
http://shiningbarboach.deviantart.com/
Please visit me here! I would love you forever if you did!~

My Diamond Friend Code: 0344- 5879- 3079
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 13 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #9

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Oof, how boring," groused Matt. He and Gatsby had been sitting on the couch for a good 20 minutes. Wouldn't have rushed so much if I knew we'd be waiting for so long. The trainer had been reduced to tossing his Pokeballs in the air and throwing cards into his fedora while the balls were in the air. Gatsby was using his coat as a blanket as he hummed a tune under his breath. Catchy.

An electronic voice crackled from a wall, making both trainers jump. "Trainers! Are you ready for the Harrington Cup?" Matt and John cheered, as did John's Pokemon. The Charmander seemed particularly excited, its tail flame seeming to increase in intensity. "Our first fighters have been chosen randomly from a hat! Our first trainer is..." A pause as the MC presumably picked a name- "Staaaaaaccyyyy Weeebsssteeeerrrrr! Our second trainer is..." Another pause- "Maaaatthew Fleeetchhherrrrr!" Matt started. He had no idea he'd be up so soon.

"Stacy Webster and Matthew Fletcher, please enter the red door in your waiting room! Spectators- please enter the room beyond the blue door!"

Gatsby gave Matt a wink as he rose up. "I'm gonna get a good seat. This should be good, mate. Good luck!" The man exited, an odd smell lingering. The room seemed empty without him.

"Alright, guys. This is it! Let's do this!" Matt adjusted his hat and straightened his shirt, grabbing his messenger bag. He kicked through the blue door, hoping to give himself a much needed psychological boost. Unfortunately, the door was made to be pulled, and Matt fell to the floor, cradling his leg. "Ow..."

Standing up, he pulled the door open. A man was on the other side, smiling. "Mr. Fletcher, I presume." Matt nodded.

"Who're you?" The man bowed, slightly.

"I am Charles Tieger, your personal guide to the Ganersyn Coliseum. I'm here to guide you to the stadium."

"Oh," said Matt, expecting something...better, "Well then, lead on." The two walked through the twisting corridors, Matt doing his best to tidy up his appearance along the way. Everything- the stairs, the rails, the lamps- seemed to be made of marble. It was as if the whole thing had been hewed from a single gargantuan piece of marble. The effect was stunning.

Charles stopped in front of a silver- leaf door. "This is where I leave you. Step through the door- and begin your conquest. I'm rooting for you, Champ!" He sounded sincere, but his eyes showed no emotion. Probably said the same thing a million times.

"Thanks," said Matt, adjusting his fedora. Charles held a door open, and Matt walked through. This is where I make my name.

Man, it's bright! The man squinted, gazing at the gleaming Coliseum. The Coliseum was huge, opening at the top to show a clear blue sky. The sun was behind Matt, but the gleaming marble reflected it right into his eyes. Rows upon rows of seats rose up, all filled with yelling trainers.

"Laaaadies and gentlemen! Here we are in the beautiful Ganersyn Coliseum, where we're ready to start the Harrington Cup! On the Silver side, we have Matthew Fletcher! Any thoughts before the match, Matt?" A reporter ran from the sidelines toward Matt, holding a wireless microphone.

"It straps under your ear, so the audience can hear you," explained the man. "Go and introduce yourself!" Matt sighed, strapping the microphone on. Ow.

"I'm Matt Fletcher, of Johto's Goldenrod City. That's spelled with one 'L'." The reporter was looking at him sadly, then pushed a card into his hand. He wants me to read this? "This won't even be a fight. This will be a decimation!" The reporter gave him the thumbs up, and scurried away. His opponent was being barraged, as well.

"I'm Stacy Webster, of Viridian City. I- oh. You think you're so tough, Fletcher? Go back home and cry!"

"Well, folks," cried the MC, "this seems like an intense match, right from the start! Now, let's change the battlefield. Aaaaand-" the ground before Matt sunk down, and pulled back onto itself, "the water stadium has been chosen! Now, trainers, pick your three Pokemon!"

"What!" said Matt aloud. He hadn't expected having to leave a Pokemon out. The field rose up- a large pool of water, with several raised platforms. "Sorry, Neil. You'll have to sit this one out." He released the Phanpy next to him, and looked around. "Now wha-" His question was answered as a podium rose up out of the ground, with 3 sunken grooves. A handy "Place Pokeballs Here" sign guided Matt well enough. He dug into his bag, and placed in Tiff, Croagunk, and Shock, left to right.

"Let's do this!" Stacy had apparently done the same, as the MC came in.

"Well, folks. Is Fletcher's sneer hiding his fear? Or is Webster's bark worse than her bite? Let's fight!" Matt removed his first Pokeball, Tiff the Combee. He looked down at the reporter's card. Action Phrases...

"Achtung, baby! Let's go, Tiff!" he shouted, wincing slightly at his mic's feedback.

"It looks like Matt's sent out his Combee, folks! How will Stacy counter this?" The response was immediate.

"Shaazam! It's Machop'ping time!"

"Machop vs Combee- how will this play out?"

"I'll show you how it's gonna workout Mr. Announcer Guy. Let's get em' Machop, karate chop now!" said Stacy pointing at the enemy Pokemon. Matt grinned. As long as I keep to the air...

"Hold, Tiff!" The Machop grew closer and closer...

"Dodge!" The Combee moved away, leaving the Machop chopping at air. Matt looked down at his card. "Where's your Shazam now?" he chided.

Machop stood still and started charging up energy, Focus Energy. "Oh yeah... well, your shirt is girly!”

“What did you just say? THIS IS ARMANI, YOU TASTELESS BUFFOON! Tiff, give ‘em a blast of Gust!” Was that laughter coming from Stacy?

“Machop, you can handle a simple Gust. Bulk Up!” The Machop took a defensive pose, breathing hard.

“Uh-oh, folks!” said the MC. “It looks like Machop is losing ground from those Gusts!” Indeed, the Machop’s feet were slowly slipping backwards toward the water.

“Hang in there, Mac-” began Stacy, but Matt cut her off. “Tiff, get in close and Gust!” The Tiny Bee flew in close toward the Machop, flapping its wings furiously.

“You’ve got it right, where you want it, Machop! Close Combat!” The Machop pulled back its arm, ready to strike- and promptly fell into the water, hitting its head on the platform as it came up again. It floated up, barely making it to a platform before it fell to the ground.

“Stacy’s Machop has fainted! Advantage is to Matt’s team!” announced the MC, over the roar of the crowd.

“You may have got my Machop, but let’s see how you deal with my pretty Skitty!” yelled Stacy, throwing a Pokeball out. The Kitten Pokemon appeared, licking its tail nonchalantly. This’ll be easy, mused Matt.

“Tiff, let’s get in a Gust!” said Matt.

“Be-“ “Skitty, hit in quick with Fake Out!” The Skitty jumped at the Tiny Bee, hitting it straight on.

“Tiff!” yelled Matt. The Combee was lying on a platform, not moving. “Return.”

“That’s a one way ticket back to a Pokeball,” taunted Stacy.

“Yes, and I’ll be sending you two more, free of charge!” shot back Matt.

"Oh, Stacy has managed to even the odds. How will Matt respond to this?” wondered the MC.

“Croagunk, let’s go!” The trainer threw the Premier Ball, and in a flash of green lightning, the Toxic Mouth Pokemon appeared, cackling.

“Croagunk, let’s start things right with a Bullet Punch!” “Cro!” The Croagunk metalized, but as it went in to attack-

“That thing couldn’t hurt a fly! Skitty, use Attract!” Matt sneezed suddenly, so he didn’t see what happened next, but after he had taken out his handkerchief, he saw that Croagunk was- blushing?

“Aww, Croagunk. Seriously?” The Croagunk was hopping around, apparently showing off for Skitty.

“Skitty, Tackle Croagunk into the water!” The Skitty did as its master commanded, headbutting the love struck Pokemon into the drink.

“What’s this, folks? Croagunk’s been dunked! This could be a great move- or a horrible one!”

“Your Croagunk looked a little dirty, so I gave it a bath!” cackled Stacy.

“That’s gotta be cold, being dunked by your love- a slap in the face, you might say!” noted the MC.

“Croagunk! Can you hear me?” The crowd cheered as the Toxic Mouth Pokemon appeared, jumping over the Skitty and diving back in.

“Well folks, it seems that being pushed in the water has returned Croagunk to his senses! Love is as fickle as the tides!” announced the MC.

“Croagunk! Come up under Skitty’s platform and flip it under!”

“No!” yelled Stacy, shocked, “Skitty, use-“ But it was too late. Croagunk rocketed up from underwater, capsizing the platform. It grinned as its dry skin glistened, standing with its arms crossed. Meanwhile, the Skitty flailed onto a platform, then fell down, unable to fight anymore.

“Skitttty is doooooooooooooown!” yelled the Mc over the crowd’s cheer. “What a fight! The pressure’s on Stacy now!”

“It’s up to you now, Goldeen!” yelled Matt’s opponent, chucking a Pokeball. The Goldfish Pokemon appeared, immediately rising to the surface.

“Croagunk, quick, Bullet Punch!” The Toxic Mouth Pokemon charged, punching Goldeen straight on. It went flying, but not before- “Goldeen, use the momentum to Horn Attack!” The Goldfish’s horn suddenly shined, and it dived underwater.

“Dodge it, Croagunk!” The Toxic Mouth Pokemon jumped to the next platform, but too late. Goldeen hit Croagunk straight on, sending him flying.

“Croagunk!” yelled Matt uselessly. It jumped up for a second, but keeled over.

“Down to 1 on 1! Stacy has evened the odds once more!”

“The pressure’s on, Fetcher!” taunted Stacy.

“IT’S FLETCHER!!” cried Matt. He grabbed his last Pokeball. Shock…I didn’t really want to use you. But I don’t have a choice, do I? He rubbed the lightning Seal sadly.

“Let’s do this, Shock! Show ‘em what you’ve got!” The Shinx appeared, howling slightly.

“Heh, I’ll bet that thing doesn’t even know any electric moves!” said Stacy.

“We don’t need them to win! Right, Shock?” The Flash Pokemon howled, apparently determined to win.

“If you say so… Goldeen, Horn Attack!” The Goldeen, who was on the other side of the field, began charging at
Shock.

“Shock, start shaking the platform back and forth!” The Shinx howled, and began shifting it’s weight back and forth.

“What, you trying to Splash my Goldie?” asked Stacy, as Goldeen drew near.

“Shock! Jump up and Bite!” The Shinx leaped up, baring its sharp fangs…

“Goldie! Intercept and Horn Attack him!” The Goldeen jumped as well, its horn shining once more…
Matt looked away. Ohgawd, I can’t watch! There was a crash and a roar from the crowd. Matt peeked in between his hands. Shock was standing on the highest platform, howling away, while the Goldeen was drifting on the waves, lifeless.

“WOW! Would you look at that, folks? Matthew Fletcher, his Combee, Croagunk, and Shinx have won their Singles round! Stacy will be sent away with a…” Matt stopped listening. He didn’t care. I won!

“Come back again when you grow a pair!” yelled Matt, using his last “Action Phrase” from his card. As Matt walked away, he glanced back. Stacy was on the ground, crying, as the stadium reset back to a simple plain field. Charles was waiting for him at the door.

“Excellent, sir! Let me take you back to your waiting room!” Matt let the man take him back to his room. Matt had only just grinned to himself, placed his Pokemon in the Quick-Heal Center, and sat down, when the PA system crackled on once more.

“Aaaand our next challengers! On Silver Side- John Gatsby Madigan!"

(OOC- Thank gosh you didn't quit, I was running my brain on what to do. And check OOC thread for when everyone is to fight. As I recall, it's Matt, Gatsby, Charlie, Etnie, Ara, Erisashi. And Stacy's part was sorta played by Gatsby, but I lost the convo and I ad-libbed the rest.)

This post has been edited by Earl: Aug 14 2008, 05:10 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 13 2008, 10:25 PM
Post #10

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Aaaand our next challengers! On Silver Side- John Gatsby Madigaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! On Gold Side- Piers Broooooooown!!! John Gatsby Madigan and Piers Brown, please enter the red door in the waiting room! "Spectators- please enter the room beyond the blue door!"

John looked around looking if he could spot Matthew to give him his gongradulations for winning his first match, but he was nowhere in sight. Hm... I figured he'd come back here after his match... strange. Oh well, best not to keep them all waiting. John got out of his chair with his four Pokeballs on his belt. He knew that you can only use three Pokemon, but he'd decide which of his four to use when the time was right. He approached a giant door and pulled it open, and a man appeared on the other side.

The man said nothing but John figured he was supposed to follow him, because he motioned so with his hands. The man said nothing to him but eyed him out of the corner of his eye the entire time. As they approached the door to the stadium, the man opened it for John. Such a kind man, hes probably a comedian somewhere.

John's eyes squinted as he took in the bright morning sun. There were spectators as far as the eye could see, and John couldn't help but feel a bit nervous. He looked around to see if he saw any familiar faces, but to no avail, he was alone in this crowded place, and it was all about him, against the world.

"Laaaaaaadies and gentlemen, here's battle two of the Harrington Cup! On the Silver Side, we have John Gatsby Madigan! On the other, Piers Brown! Any thoughts, Johnny-boy?"

A squirly looking reporter trotted over to John and handed over a headset. "You use this to communicate to everyone in the stadium, aswell as your opponent and your Pokemon. Let everyone know how you feel." said the reporter.

"Um, uh... hello?" John said in a quiet monotone voice. The reporters eyes widened and he handed him over a card with words on it. John glanced down and quickly read what the card said. It was of course, smack talk. "Um sir, I'm not going to read this... sorry. I'll let my battling speak for me." John said as he breathed out a deep breath and turned away to get a look at his opponent while he ripped up the card.

"Ouch! It seems that John doesn't even want to acknowledge his opponent as a threat! Your response, Piers?" A green haired man, clad in thick horn rimmed glasses, walked forward. "Yo, you ain't nothin', man! You ain't nothin'! We're gonna crush you into nothing!"

Tsk tsk... this man must be horribly undereducated. He seems to know little about how to speak properly, but oh well. John thought, which caused a smile to cross his face.

"And with that, let's begin! The chosen battlefield is the forest stadium!" The field gave way as it had for Matthew's battle, but this time allowed a grassy forest to appear.

"T-t-trainers! Pick your Pokemon!" A podium rose up in front of John, with three grooves for his Pokeballs.

Hm... Cue-Balls the least trained, so he'll sit this battle out.John took off his three other Pokeballs and placed them in their grooves. Alright... I think I'm ready.

Piers grabbed his first Pokeball. "Yo, A-to the Pom, let's rock!" The Long Tail Pokemon appeared in the trees, swinging on its tail.

"Hm.. good choice. Alright Cobalt, let go get our first win!" John said as he tossed out his sticker styled Pokeball containing his Mankey. The Mankey appeared, and looked around at all the trees, and began hopping back and forth.

"An Aipom vs a Mankey- let's fight!"

"Alright Cobalt, lets start this out. Use Leer!" John sent out a command, and Cobalt responded by staring deep into the Aipom's eyes, trying to send a message of dominance. The Cobalt watched as the Aipom stared back, which enraged the Mankey. Cobalt began dancing back and forth more frantically with much rage building up.

"A veritable staring contest, folks! It's heating up with emotion!"

"Errgh, Aipom. What the heck! Use Doubba' Slap!" yelled Piers.

"Good, you got him a bit confused Cobalt. Focus your energy and stand your ground!" John yelled to Cobalt. Cobalt's eyes started to contain fire, and the Mankey stopped hopping back and forth.

"Fool, don't you know Focusin's dope? Geddim'!" The Aipom ran toward Cobalt, its tail reared up behind him.

"Alright Cobalt... hold it.... hold it... hold it... NOW LOW KICK AND TAKE IT'S LEGS OUT!" John shouted right as Aipoms got within a legs length from Cobalt. Cobalt spun around to gain momentum and kicked at the Aipom's legs as John commanded. The Aipom's legs fell, but its tail managed to smack Cobalt right on the face. Cobalt went right to the "swiping", slashing the Aipom not once, not twice, not three times, but four times before pulling itself back off of the Aipom.

"Oy, Aipom, you gonna take that? Counter that!" The Aipom sprung up, its tail winding up in a haymaker punch,

The Mankey stood still and let itself be struck, spinning around from the hard shot, and losing focus for a moment. "That's nothing Cobalt, get Revenge on that Aipom!" John commanded. Cobalt responded by winding up it's fist and delivering a devistating haymaker of its own, even stronger than the Aipom's from before.

Aipom went flying, going in and out of a tree's branches before landing into a small pool. "Aiiiiiiiiipom is down! Man, what power!" cried the MC. John and Cobalt both raised their arms up at the same time as if they were both working on one brain. "Yeah, you did it Cobalt, way to start it off." John exclaimed.

"Yo, that was a cheap trick, yo. Let's do this, Abra-shaazambra!" The man took out another Pokeball and chucked it in, revealing the sleeping Psi Pokemon.

"Sending a sleeping Pokemon out on the field? Why did you even sign up for this competition?" John said with a chuckle. "Go and scratch that Abra, Cobalt!"

"Why, indeed, folks? Does Piers have a trick up his sleeve?" wondered the MC.

"Yo, Abbie. Teleport...'bout now." The Mankey charged, and swiped- at air. The Abra had dissapeared.

Hm, that was unexpected...well, we can still... hm?

"Abbie, let's go! Psychic 'tack yo! Show them the power of yo' TM!" The Abra suddenly jutted an arm out toward Cobalt, who was looking around for it. It raised into the air, and flailing slightly, began hitting itself. "Yo, Ab, don't be cruel. Just knock it into a tree." The floating Mankey's eyes widened as it flew into a tree. "Kee," it said, falling over.

John's head hung low as he knew that Cobalt had been beat. He thought carefully and returned his Pokemon. "And you called my punch a cheap trick..."

"Yo, an eye for a toe, or something like that...?"

"An eye for an eye, Piers. Golden Side has evened the odds!" yelled the announcer.

"Well, since you like tricks so much, how about a treat for you then." John said as he picked up his second Pokemon. "Trick or treat Joker, I have someone you should meet." John said with a smirk. John threw out his Pokeball, and the Gastly appeared.

"Oooh," said the MC, "A Gastly. How will Piers handle this?"

Piers was shuddering. "I don't like ghosts, yo."

"Aw, don't be shy ol' chap, he won't bite... hard." John said while laughing.

"Alright Joker, lets have some fun with him. Astonish the Abra!" John yelled while pointing at the Abra. Joker disappeared and reappeared next to the Abra. It began chanting in a startling fashion at the sleeping pyschic Pokemon. The Abra's eyes opened and it froze in fear as it met eyes with the chanting Gastly. "Alright Joker, lick it!" Joker replied by giving Abra a big lick up the face.

The Abra fell over, knocked out. "That seemed a bit too easy, folks." said the MC. "Yo, that's whack. Aight, it's up to you now, Roselia!"

"Alright Joker, you did your job, come back for now!" John returned the Gastly to it's Pokeball and picked up his third Pokeball and stared at it. "Alright Char, nows your time to shine!" John threw out the pokeball and the Charmander appeared. The Charmander's tails flame was growing more and more intense. And then out of nowhere, a bright light appeared, and the Charmander's shape began to change. It grew larger, and when the light dimmed, a Charmeleon was standing in it's place. Piers did the same, chucking a blue Great Ball out. The Roselia appeared, doing a slight dance.

"What the- FOLKS! WE'VE JUST WITNESSED AN EVOLUTION!" cried the MC, in a shocked tone.

"Wow... my Char evolved, that was why the tail was growing so much. Alright Char, lets show them what we're made of." John said as he whipped off his trenchcoat and threw it to the side.

"Yo. That is whack. Didn't wanna do this, yo. But you didn't stop. Roselia! See this Shiny Stone? It's yours!" The trainer dug into his bag and produced an iridescent rock, with colored veins in it. He chucked it to the Roselia, who at once began to glow. Around the Thorn Pokemon grew leaves and flowers galore, a huge rose growing around Roselia. It wilted, leaving behind- "A Roserade! Folks! I have never seen this before! A Double Evolution!" "What now?" grinned Piers, folding his arms.

"Interesting idea, but it's obvious you made your Pokemon evolve to early, and before it had time to learn attacks and skills it could have learned as a Roselia." John said shaking his head. "But there is no going back now. Shall we do this?"

"Yo, let's. Roserade! Use Magical Leaf!" Glistening leaves appeared in a circle around Roserade, shooting at Char.

"Char, use ember and burn the leaves out of the air." Yelled John. The Charmeleon shot out small flames from its mouth and burned the leaves out of the air as they flew at it, turning them into ash.

"Tch. Roserade, use Poison Sting!" The Bouquet Pokemon raised its arms, shooting several thorns at the Flame Pokemon.

"Char, use rock slide and use a boulder to defend yourself." Char acknowledged the order by immediately taking a large chunk of earth out from the right side of it, and got behind it. The poison needles stuck into the large clod of dirt and Earth, doing no damage to the Charmeleon it had taken aim at. "Alright Char, it's gutsy, but use Fire Blitz and charge that Roserade." The Charmeleon focused and soon after, flames began to engulf the entire body from head to toe. Char jumped out from behind the rock and locked eyes with the Roserade. "Char, use smokescreen!" Char sent out smoke from its mouth that fogged up the battlefield. "Now quickly, charge the Roserade and use Metal Claw, and use that to ignite Roserade." Char ran through the smokescreen and ran up in front of the Roserade and slashed at it, igniting the pokemon as it touch.

As the smoke cleared, Char was back in its normal state, panting over the fainted Roserade. "Would'ja lok at that, folks! That's a true battle of titans, but John and his Charmeleon have come out on top!" crowed the MC. "Any thoughts, John!?"

John's Charmeleon ran back over towards John and began waving to the roaring crowd. "Um, we just fought harder, thats all I can really think of. Piers was a good competitor, but he just made a few small mistakes I think we capitalized on."

"How humble, the mark of a champion! I think we'll be seeing much more of John here!"

"...I went easy on you." muttered Piers, unaware that his microphone was still on.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." John said as he spun around, patted his Charmeleon on the head, picked up his trenchcoat, and threw it over his shoulder. John walked back out of the stadium with his right fist in the air. John pushed opened the doors and he walked back into the hallway, the cheers dying away and the sun becoming dimmer as the door closed. The man was standing there again, leaning against the wall. "Don't bother sir, I know the way." John said as he and Char walked past him. John walked through the lobby again and turned his Pokemon over to the nurse working at the Pokemon center in the Coliseum. The nurse smiled and John blew a kiss to the girl. She blushed and John spun around and leaned up against the counter once more.

((The Part of Piers and MC were played by Earl))

This post has been edited by JGatsby: Aug 13 2008, 10:29 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Emp
post Aug 14 2008, 05:36 PM
Post #11

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 348

Active Squad

Charlie restlessly gazed at the flat screen in the center of the room, ‘C’mon what’s takin’ it so long!?’ Charlie jumped out of her seat as pictures of the contestants where added to a ladder. She scanned through the photos, finally spotting her own. Next to her photo was one of a boy- about her age- with tamed blonde hair, a perfect face and ocean blue eyes.

“Wow” She said to herself blushing, Cyndaquil had never seen this side of her, “He sure is dreamy...”

She turned around and almost fainted; her opponent was stood right in front of her. He looked down at her, being almost a foot taller.

“So you’re my opponent?” He said with a grin, “I’m Jeremy, Jeremy Fisher”

Charlie stood nervously for a second, trying her hardest to pluck up a few words. Then responded, “I’m Charlie Cinder”

“Hmm Charlie”, Jeremy replied, running a comb through his hair, “I don’t think I’ll have any problem defeating a girl

“What?!” Charlie snapped. Any slight crush she had on this boy ten seconds ago had ended, she hadn’t felt angrier in her life.

“Well of course”, He replied, not acknowledging Charlie’s rage, “Girls should stick to contests or stick to the Kitchen – end of”.

‘What an idiot! I have two minds whether to take him down right now!’ She raised her fists about to whack the trainer, boiling at his last remark.

’This is it, I aint gunna’ let nobody tell me what to-’

“Can all trainers please head to their specific battle rooms”, a speaker announced.

“Well I guess I’ll see you there, Carla”, he said with a laugh.

“It’s Charlie!” The boiling red head replied, “And you will! So get ready to lose!”

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 15 2008, 12:43 AM
Post #12

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Matt cheered with the crowd as Gatsby left the stadium, his newly evolved Charmeleon following him. Dang. That Charmeleon's gonna be hard to beat. "What do you think, Neil?" asked Matt. The Phanpy trumpeted, shooting an Ice Shard into the air. It quickly melted in the morning sun, drenching a hapless coliseum-goer with water. The man looked around bewilderedly.

"Gotta bounce!" said Matt, quickly shooing the people next to him up. They were obviously waiting for the next battle- one even had an umbrella- and were loath to get out of their comfy seats. Having Phanpy push them out of his way with his trunk hastened the process, however, and the two hastily made it to the challenger's waiting room, once more. Glancing at the auto-heal machine, Matt grabbed his Pokeballs and stored them in his pack. He then opened the door to the lobby, with the intentions of buying himself a lemonade.

Gatsby was leaning on the counter, next to the vending machine. Matt walked over to the machine and bought himself a lemonade. After a second, he bought a fresh water, as well. Without saying anything, he leaned on the counter next to Gatsby and handed him the water.

"Good battle out there," he said, popping the lemonade's cap. "Lucky, the thing with Charmeleon." Gatsby didn't respond, so Matt plowed on.

"That guy was wack, yo! I mean, he was fizzle to the shanizzle!" Nothing. "Come on, this is comic gold!" Nada. Niente.

"So..." he said, running out of topics, "I know you've got a dad who was a ranger, but anyone else in the family? Sister, brother?"

This post has been edited by Earl: Aug 26 2008, 01:17 AM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 15 2008, 12:53 AM
Post #13

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John had been watching the television screen and noticed the next two opponents had entered after him and were about to start their match, when all of a sudden, he heard the vending machine, well, vend. He paid no attention to it, but then he heard another one, and he looked over to spot the person causing the quiet commotion. It just so happened that it was Matthew Fletcher himself.

It's going to suck having to beat Matt to move onto the next match... but that's life, and I'll have to do my best to beat him anyway. Can't take him lightly.

When John came back out of zoning out, Matthew was leaning against the counter next to him. Matthew was talking and handed a water bottle open. John was parched, and quickly opened the bottle and chugged a third of the bottle before putting the top back on and putting the bottle at his side. Matthew had brought up a question about his family, which caught him off guard.

"Well, yes, I do have a brother. He moved to somewhere in Kanto with his newly wed bride a few months ago, haven't really heard much from his since, but hes bound to come back and visit. To be honest, I don' even think hes ready to live away from home, so hes bound to move back eventually." John uncapped his water bottle again and took a few more big gulps. "How about you Matthew? Any other family in that rich family of yours?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Adokai
post Aug 15 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #14

Level ?? Elite Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 77

Active Squad

Erisashi hated waiting more than anything else in the world. Well, there was that one time (which the family had labeled the 'Pineapple Erstaz' Incident.) But we don't talk about that.

Waiting gave him time to worry, and get nervous, two things he didn't need right at this point. He had returned Torchic and Turtwig back to their pokeballs right before the first battle had started, Riolu sitting in his lap, head craned back to watch the television screen - eeriely the same posture his trainer was in, eyes fixated on the idiot-box. Eri seemed to be completely ignoring the low humm of conversation around him, absently shifting as a Phanphy trundled past, easily avoiding being nudged from his seat.

--------------------
I have claimed Kyogre. >=3

Click the eggs please~
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 15 2008, 01:29 AM
Post #15

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

"I've got a little sis', Patrice Fletcher. She's sorta...out there. Last I heard, she was taking the Johto Pokemon challenge. And there's Javier, too, our butler. He's still at Fletcher 'manor', and he sends me stuff when I need it."

Suddenly, a messenger ran into the lobby, hefting a box. "I've got a package for a Matthew Faustus Fletcher, from his father, Fabio Fletcher!" she shouted to the receptionist. She seemed terrified of the huge coliseum.

"Matt Fletcher, right here," he called, stretching. "What is it?"

"Package, sir!" she said, quite unhelpfully. "It's urgent!"

"Well, then. Gimme the sheet." The messenger held out a clipboard and pen. "Sign here, and here!" Matt rolled his eyes.

"I've done this before, y'know."

"Sorry, sir." She shoved the brown box into the trainer's hands, doffed her cap, then ran out again. Matt watched her go.

"How weird," said Matt, putting the box on the counter. "Ma'am," he added, referring to the nurse behind the counter, "you got some scissors?" She ruffled through a desk drawer, and produced a pair of bright-red scissors.

Matt cut the box's tape open, looking up as he did so. There was a digitized monitor of the trainers of the Harrington Cup. He spied his name, and Gatsby's right under him. Their names interconnected, bringing Matt to a sad conclusion. Crap, I've gotta fight him again. Their last battle had resulted in a stalemate, but that was only because of their recently traded Pokemon. Matt wasn't sure a rematch would give the same results.

"Ow!" he yelled, shaking his hand. He had accidentally stabbed himself while in reverie. Matt curtly handed the scissors back to the nurse, shaking his head.

"Sir, I have a bandage. Would you like-"

"No." Matt turned to the package, its corners already lifting. On top of a bubble-wrapped, smaller package was a note. Matt read it aloud.

"Dear Master Matthew,
How are you? We're doing fabulously here. Patrice has defeated Morty, the Ghost Gym Leader, and your father has developed a new PokeGear app. Today, I happened to flip through the channels, and witnessed a Coliseum battle in progress. Imagine my shock when I saw it was you! We have been so worried about you, as your last call was over a month ago. You have grown so much, and your father is very proud of you." He paused. Yeah, right. "He has instructed me to send you a PokeGear, with all the latest applications, as well as one for a friend. I have also enclosed several Dusk and Ultra Balls, to use as you wish. This has been rush-delivered, so you should be getting this soon! I'm rooting for you!

Your Servant,
Javier."

"Dammit Javier!" said Matt, putting the note down. "You know I didn't want one, else I would've taken mine...Fie on you, fine." He unwrapped the bubble wrap, and took out dual PokeGears. The trainer slipped it on, powering on. A few numbers were already registered...Javier...Dad...Patrice...and another number. "Other Gear." Matt dialed it, and the PokeGear not in his hand responded. He looked at Gatsby.

"D'you want this?"

This post has been edited by Earl: Oct 25 2008, 09:18 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 15 2008, 01:58 AM
Post #16

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John watched as Matthew spazzed when he dealt with the messenger lady, the scissors, and finally when he read the letter. John laughed, and as he did so, he spilled some of his water on the counter without noticing. John spun around, leaning on the counter again, this time holding himself up with his arms as Matthew read his letter. John kept on leaning until his hand went into the spilled water, causing him to slip, slam into the counter with his head and knee, and fall to the ground. Before Matthew could notice or anything, John got right back up and tried to play it off.

Matthew finished reading the letter and the took out two "Poke-Gears", placing one on his arm, and then clicking buttons. One of those buttons triggered the second Gear to make a noise. Matthew picked it up and handed it towards John, offering it to him. John graciously took the watch-like thing and stared at it.

"Thank you, its greatly appreciated... though I must say... I'm not really great with technology, seeing as I grew up with hardly any besides electric lights in our house and a television set." John said as he fastened the Poke-gear onto his left forearm. He began looking oddly at it, and clicking buttons. He found names in it and noticed Matthew's dad's, butler's, and sister's names in it. Must also be some sort of phone or something. Got my first phone and I already got a girls number... score.

"So uh, I'm not really sure what these things do, but I'll be sure to cherish it." John said as he turned his attention away from the Poke-gear. John tried to take a sip of his water, and then realized he was all out and felt a bit "dumb".

"Well uh... Matthew... it appears we will be meeting our fate and facing each other again in our next round. Funny the way that fate works... I was hoping I'd have to face you in the finals, or even better, I was hoping you'd get knocked out somewhere along the way so we didn't have to face one another." John said as he scratched the back of his neck.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 15 2008, 02:46 AM
Post #17

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Matt yawned, sipping his lemonade.

"Don't worry about it! If I lose, I lose. If you lose, you lose. Whatever. It's done with. There's probably a loser's tournament as well, so there's still a chance to win. Just relax, man, and enjoy the ride." Matt leaned back on the counter- and promptly slipped on some water and bashed his head against it, falling to the ground.

"Ow!" he yelled, standing up- and banging his head on the counter again. "OW!" Matt crawled forward three feet before standing up again, rubbing his head.

He fiddled with his PokeGear for a little. Looks like I can go on the Radio, a Johto map, not much help, and call people. Maybe Javier can send me the Furoh map. Matt accessed a "Text" function on the PokeGear.

Javier-
Please send Furoh Map application. Gift much appreciated. Send my love to Trish.
Matt.

He hit "Send", and a digitized Pidgey appeared on the screen, flying away. When it disappeared completely, a "Text Sent" notification appeared. He looked up at Gatsby.

"Where was I?" Matt looked Gatsby up and down. "Ah, right. What's with the trenchcoat, dude? It sorta smells. Do you ever wash it? I mean, seriously. Laundromat's about 50 Poke, and it takes maybe 30 minutes. You're just lowering your appearance. But...I digress."

This post has been edited by Earl: Oct 24 2008, 04:10 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 15 2008, 03:00 AM
Post #18

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John laughed as Matthew fell down and hurt himself, not just once, but an astonishingly hilarious two times. What Matthew said was right though, if he lost, he lost, and he would have to deal with it, which he wasn't afraid of doing. On the other hand, he was afraid of hurting Matthew's feelings if he won. Hell, the guy had just given him two presents even.

"Someone should uh, really clean up this mess on this counter, more people could get hurt." John said looking for the nurse and pointing to the tiny puddle on the counter that had to have been pretty soaked up now that two people had slipped their hands into it.

John then spotted Matthew eye-ing up his trenchcoat. At first, John figured he wanted it for himself. Too bad bub, I don't care how many dinners you buy me, and how much technological stuff you surprise me with, this trenchcoat belongs to me. But the reality of the fact was, apparently John had smelt bad or something. Made sense, he hadn't had time to get his trenchoat washed at all.

"Oh yeah.. about that... this trenchoat can't be washed. It's made out of some special material and it will be destroyed if soap meets it." Hopefully he bought that. "I normally don't wear shirts, but I chose to grab this coat before I left. When I return home, I'm probably just gonna grab my Poketar, change my blue jeans, and leave with those clothes instead. I'm not a real big shirt person. I hate wearing them, and when women wear them too."

After that comment, the nurse gave John a weird eye.

"Oh sorry miss, you look great with your blouse on as well as I imagine in my head you'd look without it on." John said without thinking. The nurse blushed and went back to her regular chores.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 15 2008, 03:24 AM
Post #19

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

"It can't be washed? Bull. I think-" But then Gatsby had to go and blunder on and remark how the nurse would look better without her blouse. He reddened, looking apologetically at the nurse.

"I'm quite sorry, my friend here is chemically imbalanced. It all started 3 years ago, horrible incident with a Drifloon- we think it's also caused his horrible fashion sense. I mean-" he leaned in conspiratorially toward the nurse- "a trenchcoat with cowboy boots? Come on!" The nurse laughed, a little. Matt turned away, glad he had stopped a potential scene.

"Excuse, me. Receptionist?"

"Yes?" replied the woman, who was typing away at her computer with the fervor of someone playing Free Cell.

"Could you give me an estimated time when Matthew Fletcher and John Gatsby are scheduled to battle?" The woman frowned, then typed a few buttons.

"In about 2 hours," she responded.

"Thank you kindly," he said, bowing slightly. He turned to Gatsby.

"Fancy a walk? This place is getting sorta stuffy, and nobody will be out there. They're all in here!" he said, jerking his head toward the inner coliseum.

Just then, his PokeGear vibrated. Javier was responding! Matt hit "View Now" on the new text. He murmured aloud:

Dear Master Matthew,
Please accept my apologies! I had not realized that I had sent you the Johto version! I am sending you the satellite feed from space, so it's always real time. I'm also sending you the hjbcewmef d,djw. w23e-
the text ended there. Javier obviously wasn't good at texting. Nevertheless, an attachment appeared on the screen. Matt touched it, and a "Furoh Map" application asked permission to install. Matt punched "yes", then glanced at Gatsby.

"You coming?"

This post has been edited by Earl: Oct 24 2008, 04:12 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 15 2008, 03:41 AM
Post #20

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John locked his lips and blew a kiss at the nurse who smiled and blushed, pointing at herself and mouthing the words, "Who me?", which John responded with a big smile and a head nod. The nurses cheeks were flushed red, and she looked away for a moment. She grabbed a tray with John's pokeballs and walked them over and placed them on the counter. As John reached for his Pokeballs, the Nurse grabbed his left forearm. John looked shocked at first, but then the nurse started to press buttons on his Poke-gear. John thought about pulling away, but her hands were so soft, and she knew how to press his buttons: his buttons on his Poke-gear at least. After a few moments, she let go and took a step back, with her cheeks still red as ever.

John smiled and placed his Pokeballs back on his belt, and as he did so, the nurse began walking again, but not before blowing a kiss back. John yanked his head to the side as if he was smacked in the face with the kiss, causing the nurse to giggle. John spun around on his heels, spurs scraping the ground slightly, and looked over at Matthew who was waiting up for him. He had to snag his trenchcoat before it fell off his right shoulder, and he tossed it back over his shoulder once more.

"Yes uh... coming Matthew." John said with a light pink color in his cheeks as well. "You said a walk eh? Well lead on." John walked over to Matthew while messing with his Poke-gear. He noticed a new name was in the phone numbers section and it was under the name "Ur Swt<3". John glanced over to the nurse once more and smiled his fullest as she looked back at him with a smile.

"Ready when you are Matt."

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:25 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.