Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
62 Pages V  « < 58 59 60 61 62 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
March Community Thread, Please be sure to read the rules before posting!
Synx Itax
post Mar 29 2016, 02:30 PM
Post #1181

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(SilverPT @ Mar 29 2016, 02:15 PM) *
The point of giving it a story or something challenging before getting is to make them more valuable. As for now, legendaries are worth nothing basically. And from the way I see it, if someone's just going to dump it on the PokéBank/PC boxes, it has the same value if the person didn't got it in the first place.

This type of things only started to be free around Gen 4 when Arceus was distributed. Before that you either had to buy magazines, watch the movies or travel to a whole different country just to go to some expo to get a 'mon. I don't see what's so wrong in trying to get some extra cash (after all, Nintendo is a company (aka they want money) and if they weren't so old fashioned (the fact that the executives didn't knew ANYTHING about Sony's/Microsoft's network when they were about to release the Wii U shows how bad things were/are around there) they would have started doing this sooner, for better or worse) if things are done RIGHT. This is more about providing post game content and additional legendaries (that shouldn't even exist in x region in the first place), not outright sell legendaries.

I want the legendaries for my living dex. That's the value they have to me. I certainly don't want to pay to put them there; they'll be useful for simply having on hand to say "hey, it's cool that I have them all" and then possibly put into future games to have a complete dex right away. I don't care about their value relative to anything else since there are so many hacked Pokémon out there anyway.

As for seeing a movie, flying to a country, etc; getting a legend from that is just a bonus and not the main objective. I'd hope, anyway. Also, I seem to remember events for 3rd gen or something where people would go to a Gamestop and use a cable to download something...

The system right now is just right as far as I'm concerned. Giveaways are giveaways, and getting legit Pokémon as opposed to having to hack them is awesome. Accessible to everyone, too, since pretty much everyone has wi-fi.

Edit: Cycloneblaze pretty much summarized my thoughts on this. I'd of course want the events to be entirely giveaways, but like I said before, if someone actually wants to bother to do something in the game, they could have that option. The biggest issue with that is that there are simply so many event legends. Would they really just put ALL of them in one game, even as DLC? My only compromise would be an area with all of those portals like in ORAS, and each one lets you encounter and capture the event legend. If it faints, you can try again.

I don't mean to go on and on about this, but damn, I hate freemium things for the most part.

A final thought: Pokémon always had this nice spirit throughout the franchise, I think. I'd hate to see it go from "Everyone can catch 'em all!" to "Hey, catch 'em all if you can afford it. So no kids, no teens, no people with financial issues, etc." This is also why I'm so glad that we never did the whole paying for Pokémon thing here on GPXPlus. It sounds incredibly scummy.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Wayward Rosalind
post Mar 29 2016, 02:31 PM
Post #1182

An Empire for you.
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 729

Art guys

Actually my current egg that I'm doing is a Goodra. I painted an egg just for my cousin's baptism that has a butterfly on it and I made it very cute. I have two more that I'm planning on doing and one I'm not sure about want I want to paint on it, while the other one is going to be a Of Monsters and Men egg that is a homage to one of my favorite songs.

--------------------

An actual art nerd. @WaywardRosalind- Twitter.

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Mar 29 2016, 02:48 PM
Post #1183

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Rosalind Lutece @ Mar 29 2016, 09:31 PM) *
Actually my current egg that I'm doing is a Goodra. I painted an egg just for my cousin's baptism that has a butterfly on it and I made it very cute. I have two more that I'm planning on doing and one I'm not sure about want I want to paint on it, while the other one is going to be a Of Monsters and Men egg that is a homage to one of my favorite songs.

Ooh Goodra!
Do you think you could photograph your egg shells for us?

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Mar 29 2016, 02:54 PM
Post #1184

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

On a much nicer note, I'm going to Japan the day after tomorrow. I wonder if I should visit the Pokémon Center the day I get there or if I should actually rest before going anywhere. >_> I'm also going to see if I can catch that Gathering at the Pokémon House TV special about Sun and Moon, though I'll probably forget. It's on April 3rd at apparently 8 am. I guess I'll make a note to myself to wake up early.

Also, I realized that I have way more Pokémon plushies than I remembered. I have a Snivy, two small Serperiors, a big Garchomp (how did I forget that one?), a small Arceus, and a Mega Charizard X in addition to all those Lugias and Yveltals and Sh. Mega Rayquaza.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Wayward Rosalind
post Mar 29 2016, 02:58 PM
Post #1185

An Empire for you.
Group Icon

Member No.: 95 729

Art guys

QUOTE(Luneon @ Mar 29 2016, 02:48 PM) *
QUOTE(Rosalind Lutece @ Mar 29 2016, 09:31 PM) *

Ooh Goodra!
Do you think you could photograph your egg shells for us?

Yeah, when they are done I shall. I'm keeping most of them so even if I forget I can easily just walk up to my desk and do so. happy.gif

--------------------

An actual art nerd. @WaywardRosalind- Twitter.

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Mar 29 2016, 03:04 PM
Post #1186

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Rosalind Lutece @ Mar 29 2016, 09:58 PM) *
Yeah, when they are done I shall. I'm keeping most of them so even if I forget I can easily just walk up to my desk and do so. happy.gif

Thank you!
I'd love to see grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Mar 29 2016, 04:13 PM
Post #1187

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 10:17 PM) *
And I was just always told to pay with direct cash and not get involved with anything else. I never really questioned it because cash does seem like the simplest way to pay. I've also never seen someone as young as me use one, so I might not be able to have one regardless. I have a condition where my body, emotions, and brain literally stopped developing around the age of 12 so I'm essentially an eternal child.

I think I may have a similar condition.

Bodywise I'm 14 years old
According to my passport I'm 22
But emotionally.... maybe 11? o_O My dad says 8/9, my mom says 12/13.

and... well... it was said I would catch up by the time I am 25 but I don't see that happening anytime soon tbh
Spoiler (click to showhide)

--------------------

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Mar 29 2016, 04:18 PM
Post #1188

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 09:17 PM) *
QUOTE(SilverPT @ Mar 29 2016, 01:56 PM) *
QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 06:00 PM) *
The issue isn't safety, the issue is that I'm not allowed to use any kind of cards.

It's okay if you don't want to tell, but why? It's not like a pre-paid credit/debit card. You buy it in the store (like you would buy the game), it comes with a code, you type it on the online store (eShop in this case) and it's done.

That sounds easier than what I was picturing. It's possible I could be allowed to do that if GF made them paid downloads, but I'd still prefer it not need to be paid for.

And I was just always told to pay with direct cash and not get involved with anything else. I never really questioned it because cash does seem like the simplest way to pay. I've also never seen someone as young as me use one, so I might not be able to have one regardless. I have a condition where my body, emotions, and brain literally stopped developing around the age of 12 so I'm essentially an eternal child.

Ohhh okay. There's no problem with that. I also prefer to deal with direct cash rather than debit/credit cards. That's the reason why I rarely use my bank account other than to order comic books from eBay (and even when I do that, I use a virtual credit card just to be safe). I only suggested using that type of cards because it's really easy and simple and there's no danger with it. happy.gif

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Mar 29 2016, 08:47 PM
Post #1189

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

I never want DLC with Pokemon period. It's bad enough 80% of event giveaways are locked to Japan, we don't need DLC excluding more fans.

They get very good events too, shinies and shiny legends... What do we get? A Pokemon with a unique move? Yawn, i don't play competitive I play games for fun(Except for GTA V, the only MP I've enjoyed) so I don't care for that stuff.

QUOTE(Luneon @ Mar 29 2016, 05:13 PM) *
QUOTE(DJ Majja Kool @ Mar 29 2016, 10:17 PM) *

and... well... it was said I would catch up by the time I am 25 but I don't see that happening anytime soon tbh

I'm the same way as you two

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Mar 29 2016, 09:26 PM
Post #1190

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Bought a few credits to max out Honey+. At least it'll save me from using all of my Sweet Honey that I bought just because I was tired of spending 5 minutes searching for Drifloon eggs XD.

I'd rather them give out ALL legends through Wi-Fi. I don't live anywhere near a Gamestop/EB Games so I'm SOL when it comes to certain events. At least through Wi-Fi I get the chance to actually get an event.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Mar 29 2016, 11:36 PM
Post #1191

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

The RNG on Shuffle's really testing my patience. I was able to encounter all of them so far but I just caught Cleffa and Angry Pikachu. I have this $30 Wal-Mart card I got from my nanny for Christmas and spent a few bucks of it on jewels but I don't really want to use it all on just this game.

I think I got my Celebi the first day it was announced, so I got that out of the way. Also I've been thinking about Pokemon Go lately and it makes me wonder if I could find Pokemon like Chatot or Jigglypuff or even Meloetta at concerts.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Mar 30 2016, 05:09 AM
Post #1192

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

I seriously need to take a break from GPX now. My last two mock examinations were not at par as I expected, and I need to get some stuff right. But with Death of the World at hand (and so nearly completed), I feel obligated to do some clicking. Oh well, after this exploration, I'd completely stop coming to GPX (or well, spend at most an hour here). Any more would be detrimental to me.

And while I said about DotW, some Pechas for Dedenne please:

QUOTE(Luneon @ Mar 30 2016, 02:43 AM) *

I am also similar, to some extent. Most of the time, my actions/way of thinking goes along a 12 years old mindset, but there are times when I act more like an old man (like in his 60s or 70s), which is pretty odd. -_-2.gif My IQ was a bit above average, but that was about 4 years ago, when I couldn't concentrate on anything for long and used to fill whatever at the end. How my EQ.... When I am happy, I am exceptionally happy, when I am sad, I am exceptionally sad, when I am angry, I am exceptionally angry, my friends say I have a negative EQ. I really need to have a control over myself. And in unknown/out of the blue situations, I tend to panic a lot, another thing that I should get fixed.

QUOTE(Walking On Sunshine @ Mar 30 2016, 10:06 AM) *
Also I've been thinking about Pokemon Go lately and it makes me wonder if I could find Pokemon like Chatot or Jigglypuff or even Meloetta at concerts.

That would be funny and well, appropriate as well. Though, I'd really like to find Chatot in forests or gardens where there are a lot of trees with those melodious birds. ^_^.gif

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Mar 30 2016, 06:48 AM
Post #1193

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

Shuffle related@ When you capture everything on the Safari a pop-up appears saying that you've caught all the 'mons available there. happy.gif

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Mar 30 2016, 08:47 AM
Post #1194

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Dr Grammar @ Mar 30 2016, 12:09 PM) *
That would be funny and well, appropriate as well. Though, I'd really like to find Chatot in forests or gardens where there are a lot of trees with those melodious birds. ^_^.gif

I'd love that actually!
We have an event place nearby and loads of concerts and other things are held there.
Would be a great opportunity to actually go out *shot shot shot shot* XDDD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Csxhseft12345
post Mar 30 2016, 09:08 AM
Post #1195

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 244

My Favorites

Seems like the SWSH is comming to a close, and so is my exploration. TBD is a huge pain to do, and the 'story' yees....

3 more tasks and im done with TBD, once thats clear I can do the new monthly ones that will come in 2 days

--------------------

Goals (click to show)

Trinket collection progress (click to show)

PM me if you need help for Social Network
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Mar 30 2016, 09:21 AM
Post #1196

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Speaking of cards I have uhh... three. Three debit cards and a credit account with PayPal (so there's no actual card and I can only use the credit in certain places (literally just eBay rofl)).

Need to start building a credit score as I'll be finishing uni when I'm around 25, I really can't afford to start building one when my 30's are looming. I only really purchase small things then pay it off so it all helps in the future happy.gif Such as my gecko's food only costs me Ł4.94 which is practically nothing.

Speaking of cards I'm still waiting for my Natwest card to come, account is all activated and I need the card and online banking information to shove money into my alternative income source rolleyes.gif
I'd use my main card (Lloyds) but I get paid into that account so I really need to keep that one separate.

On that note I really should go close the premium account I pay for but don't use.. *goes to do so*

-----------------

Still nothing for me gpx wise. I just hatched A 163 IV Golett for the Poke Hunt (now 169) and still no shiny Drifloon so I might just purchase the prize voucher as I don't see myself hatching it today or tomorrow - could be surprised though.

Just so little free time sad.gif

This post has been edited by ll Sam ll: Mar 30 2016, 09:22 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Mar 30 2016, 11:19 AM
Post #1197

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Crasyforce @ Mar 30 2016, 04:08 PM) *
Seems like the SWSH is comming to a close, and so is my exploration. TBD is a huge pain to do, and the 'story' yees....

3 more tasks and im done with TBD, once thats clear I can do the new monthly ones that will come in 2 days

Good job!!! Keep it up!
TBD is pretty difficult cat.gif

Hope you get it done in time!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Csxhseft12345
post Mar 30 2016, 11:24 AM
Post #1198

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 244

My Favorites

QUOTE(Luneon @ Mar 30 2016, 11:19 AM) *
QUOTE(Crasyforce @ Mar 30 2016, 04:08 PM) *

Good job!!! Keep it up!
TBD is pretty difficult cat.gif

Hope you get it done in time!

Thanks.

Im almost done with task 14, I dont know task 15 but I do know what I need to do for task 16 and because of that im sure I wont complete it this month. A well I have the whole month for the montly explorations

Edit: Just got the 3 snowman starters from the safari, whoever released those thanks alot! Im also at the last task, this one is gonna take a while,,,,

This post has been edited by Crasyforce: Mar 30 2016, 12:57 PM

--------------------

Goals (click to show)

Trinket collection progress (click to show)

PM me if you need help for Social Network
+Quote Post

Vande
post Mar 30 2016, 12:25 PM
Post #1199

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

Good luck in the last couple of days to those still needing their shinies! I'm off to Kitacon tomorrow for the weekend! I won't be able to post/click eggs while away. But enjoy grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Mar 30 2016, 03:26 PM
Post #1200

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

Well I stayed home from work today, I spent the better part of the night coughing up a lung pinch.gif. I'll be stuck with this cough for a while I'd say. I'm not allowed to take any medication other than my anti-acid meds, so no cough medicine for me.

Eggs are taking a while to hatch today for some reason. I've been here for hours yet only hatched 66 eggs today. It isn't looking likely that I'll get my shiny Drifloon. Today is the only day I'll get to hatch eggs and it is the final day tomorrow, which I'll be working all day. At least I finished the SWSH, so I'll get the prize regardless.

EDIT:

Your egg hatched into Drifloon!
Your egg hatched into Sh. Drifloon!
Congratulations on completing your shiny hunt!

Yesssssss, I got my final shiny for the SWSH grin.gif. I wasn't expecting that, so I'm pretty pleased happy.gif.

This post has been edited by Asbel Lhant: Mar 30 2016, 05:55 PM

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

62 Pages V  « < 58 59 60 61 62 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 10:59 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.