Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Battle for the Beach!
FirePower
post Aug 11 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #1

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 63 077

My Dream Team

(OOC)

Zhoom and Pheo were at the pokemom center preparing to leave Barley and start their adventure, when Zhoom decided to let his pokemon relax at the beach for the day.
"Let's go, Pheo!" Zhoom said, and they were off to the beach. On the way, Zhoomlet out pidge, who perched on the back of Zhoom's wheelchair. There wasn't a comfortable place for Nica, so it stayed in it's pokeball.

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

Click the trainer card to get to my PANE current levels post!

My Stories (click to show)

Avitar Credits (click to show)

Previously known as Hurple and Drakonawin
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Vena Sera
post Aug 11 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #2

Back.
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 397

meh.

As soon as his feet touched the dock, Raine swore to never ride a boat again.

At first, riding in the ferry had been enjoyable - the breeze was nice, the day was clear, and there was a great view of Sinnoh for about an hour after departure. He had the luck to be on one of the more lenient ferries that let Pokemon out on the deck. Starr had been perched on his shoulder, occasionally rising to fly high with the Wingulls; Thorn had promptly claimed Raine's feet as his resting place, pretty much ensuring that Raine wouldn't move for most of the two-day trip. It had been a very pleasant ride up until the first stop in Kanto.

Unlike Pastoria, Vermilion City was a bustling harbour and the small ferry was soon swamped with people ranging from ten-year-olds just starting their journey to old men reminiscing about theirs. Feeling trapped, Raine had retreated belowdeck, only to rush back upstairs once the ferry hit rough water and he discovered his seasickness. The next two days were utterly miserable for Raine and he was [ii]extremely[/i] relieved to finally set foot in Furoh.

Starr was gliding above the docks, giving a goodbye cry to the Wingull that had accompanied the ferry on its round. Fluttering back down to earth she alighted on Raine's shoulder as the young man looked around, hoping to find a map. If push came to shove he'd have to ask someone where Loch Ranch was, and after fourty-eight hours on a boat full of loud trainers and cackling old men, conversation was the last thing he wanted. Bending over, Raine picked up his Bulbasaur and quickly walked through Port Barley, dodging as many people as he possibly could.

The Pokemon Centre was crowded; the Mart and Marketplace, even more so. And nobody sold maps of the whole region - just tiny fold-outs of the area immediately surrounding Barley. Most were even less than that, simply advertising a Miltank ranch nearby that made the town's signature ice cream, with the more detailed ones making a note of an all-women commune nearby. The cramped streets and stuffy air began to get to Raine and he decided to camp in the outskirts of town before leaving.

"Thorn, how does the beach sound?"
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Aug 12 2010, 08:04 AM
Post #3

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

When Zhoom got to the beach, he could smell the sea and hear the the surf crashing on the shore. The weather was perfect, and everything seemed safe, so Zhoom unhitched Probe and let Nika out of it's pokeball. His nincada immidiatley began to burrow, while Pidge left to say hi to the wingul and snack on a young goldeen or two. Probe had gone to play with other pokemon, deciding that the beach was safe. Zhoom pulled out his CD player and his Julius Ceaser audio book, and sat back, listening.

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

+Quote Post

SusanMontez
post Aug 12 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #4

Brawley's girl~Dewford 4eva~Fire lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 106 894

PANE RP TEAM

Susan Montez had just left Barlow's ice cream parlour with her pokemon. She was hungry and so were her pokemon. "Char! Chimchar! Char!" Monkey cried happily as she ate her berries. "Char! Charmander! Char! Mander!" Crimson replied as he ate his berries. Susan laughed at her pokemon as she saw some snobbish kids with their primped up pokemon leave after them. One of them she thought was her brother but she knew he was out doing Ranger stuff. "Nice charmander you got there dweeb!" the snobby boy named Luke said. His pokemon were a female wingull and a male bulbasaur. Susan saw Luke kick her monkey as he walked past them. "Hey! Don't touch my pokemon! Don't kick them! They are still young! Don't you walk away from me! Get back here!" Susan roared as she picked up her pokemon and put them comfortably in her backpack with their heads and little arms popping out the top. She ran after the snobs with her icecream and saw that they were heading towards the beach.

"Don't cry monkey! Please! We will give them payback soon! Trust me! I won't let him get away! He's ours!" Susan yelled. She saw a boy listening to music from a cd player and another one who had just arrived. "Stop them now! They hurt my monkey!" Susan yelled as she skidded to a halt next to the cd player. "Come on out you two. "Char! Chimchar! Char!" Monkey yelled at Luke and his pokemon. It then blew fire at the cd player in rage. The cd and the cd player were burnt to a crisp. "I'm so sorry. Monkey apologize now please. I will pay for a new cd and cd player. My name is Susan Montez. I am a pokemon trainer from the Hoenn region." Susan said as she watched Luke and his friends fall over a sleeping pokemon. She laughed after giving both of her pokemon oran berries. "That's what you get for kicking my monkey!" Susan yelled at them. "Char! Chimchar...." Monkey said sadly as she dropped her berry in the sand and looked sadly at the person leaning against the palm tree.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vena Sera
post Aug 13 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #5

Back.
Group Icon

meh.

The beach in question was in a cozy little inlet a little ways away from the docks, a larger, more populated beach visible from atop the slope leading down to the sand. Because of the grassy walls surrounding it the water was calm, rarely breaking into large waves. A few Wingull glided high above of bay - Barely seemed to be infested with them. Half-walking, half-sliding down the slope with Thorn in his arms, Raine froze when he heard someone nearby.

He blinked a few times, trying to take in the situation. A frail-looking person in a wheelchair, and a strange girl with a Charmander and a Chimchar. Raine fought the urge to roll his eyes - he knew from experience that bringing young fire-types near large bodies of water stressed them out and made them easily agitated and more likely to attack. As if to prove his point, the Chimchar let out a burst of flame at the wheelchair-bound person, his trainer quickly apologising. Thorn squirmed in Raine's arms, making an odd sound in the back of his throat.

"What is it, Thorn?" Raine asked softly, holding up his best friend. "No, we're not going to go down that way, it looks like they're bus- ow!" Nearly dropping Thorn, Raine looked up towards the sky. Starr was flying above him in tight circles, occasionally dropping down and swooping just above his head - typical warning signs bird Pokemon exhibited. Before Raine could calm her down, something collided with his back and sent him tumbling further onto the beach.

"Ugh, there are more of them."

"Really? Are all country bumpkins this stupid? I mean, this our beach!"

Spitting sand out of his mouth, Raine righted himself. Standing near the top of the slope where three teenagers, all wearing stuffy white clothes and the same stuck-up expression. Judging from the girl's silver necklace and bracelet and the boys' gold watches, they were definitely of the upper crust. An equally-snooty Stubull stood in front of them, arms crossed - that was probably what had pushed him.

Thorn flipped himself over, using the sand to gain leverage off the bulb on his back. "Saur!" he growled, sending a glare at the rich kids. How dare they knock Raine over? That was just mean! Two vines emerged from the base of Thorn's bulb, the Seed Pokemon's growl lowering in pitch. Starr fluttered down onto the sand, wings still partly outstretched. Raine sighed, massaged his temples, and stood up.

"Listen. I'm sorry if we trespassed, but we'll leave right now if-"

"Arceus' breath, they are stupid!" The girl cackled, her high-pitched voice drilling into Raine's ears. Was he ever going to be able to finish a sentence?

"Hey look, that stupid girl and her Pokemon are here, too!" The taller of the boys jeered. "Let's show 'em a lesson. Bumpkins shouldn't mess with us!"

Why do people always think that fighting solves all their problems? Raine thought, sighing. He could make a run for it - he doubted they'd want to get their clothes dirty chasing him, and he was pretty sure Starr would be more than willing to be a distraction - but what about the other two people on the beach?

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by citation needed: Aug 13 2010, 09:43 PM
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Aug 16 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #6

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Phanpy was running around, chasing the wingull, when he saw a bunch of nicely-dressed kids and their pampered pokemon walking towards Zhoom and another girl that had with her two fire pokemon. he recognized one of the kids as Zane, one of the kids that had picked on Zhoom the most when they lived in violet city.That kid was just trouble waiting to happen, so he went to warn Zhoom.

"Hey, Graxev!" shouted a voice all too familiar to zhoom, "you and your pokemon had better get off our beach!"

"This is a pubic beach, Zane,"Zhoom replied, "It belongs to everybody." Zane didn't seem to be listening, so Zhoom returned Pidge and nika, just in case things started to get bad.

This post has been edited by Drakonawin: Aug 16 2010, 09:52 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

SusanMontez
post Aug 18 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #7

Brawley's girl~Dewford 4eva~Fire lover
Group Icon

Member No.: 106 894

PANE RP TEAM

ooc- sad.gif I lost all of my stuff from my iPod cuz it died! sad.gif Now I have to redo this post! Waaaagh! dumblook.gif shakefist.gif I forgot what I put....Waaagh! :'(

IC- "Hey! Who are you calling a bumpkin! Get over here and fight me Luke! I want payback for my monkey!" Susan yelled at Luke.

She watched as Luke laughed at her pokemon and then she watched as he sent out his mudkip and squirtle. Monkey stood in front of Susan with Crimson and they both yelled at Luke in unison, "Char!" Susan looked at the sea before glancing at the wingull in the sky. She then focused on Luke and said, "Bring it on! We won't back down!"

"This will be a quick battle. Let's finish them off! Mudkip! Watersport! Squirtle! Bubble!" Luke said.

"-_-2.gif! What have I gotten myself into....-_-2.gif My pokemon aren't ready for a battle yet.....ugh, I hope we can pull this off! Let's show them what being a Pokemon Ranger's sibling is all about! We can do this! She thought as she listened. "Monkey! Crimson! Dodge now! Use ember! Then use tackle!" Susan said as Luke's pokemon took damage.

"Mudkip! Leer! Squirtle! Defense curl!" Luke commanded.

"Monkey! Dodge Mudkip! Then go in close range and use scratch! Crimson! Go in close and use ember!" Susan said. Her pokemon obeyed as they cried happily.

"Mudkip! Leer! Then....uh, No! You hurt my squirtle! How dare you! Brat! Squirtle! Come on! Use watergun!" Luke said.

Susan smiled as her pokemon landed in front of her. Luke returned his Squirtle and glared at Susan. "Dodge! Ember! Then tackle and scratch! Okay! You ready to give up? We are just getting started!" Susan said. Her pokemon performed their combination moves perfectly.

"What? No! Mudkip! Squirtle! Return!" Luke said as he returned his fainted pokemon. "How? Grr....Just you wait! I will train harder and become stronger! Until we meet again Susan! Good luck! Oh, and here's your pokegear back!" Luke said as he tossed Susan back her pokegear. She saw that he had regstered himself in her contacts.

"Ember is a fire type attack if used often enough it may cause the opponents pokemon to have a burn! That's why you need burn heals and other medicinal items. Thanks! You got my number in yours too? Sweet! Okay! See you later! Good luck to you to!" Susan said as she took her pokegear back and watched her pokemon look out at the sea.

She saw a Buizel looking at them. "Return!" Susan said as she returned her pokemon to rest up. She walked over to the Buizel and it hopped out of the water and landed on the beach in front of her. "Bui! Buizel! Bui! Bui!" Buizel said happily. Susan saw that it wanted to join her team so she said, "You want to join me?" The buizel shook it's head yes so Susan said, "Alright! Go! Greatball!" The buizel was sucked into the great ball and it rocked back and forth. It then stood still and Susan knew that she had a new friend and teammate. "Alright! I got a buizel!" She said happily. "Come on out everyone!" She added on quickly as she sent out her three pokemon.

"Char! Chimchar!" Monkey said angrily.

"Char! Charmander!" Crimson replied angrily.

"Bui! Buizel! Bui! Bui!" Buizel cried sadly.

"Hey! Buizel is our new friend! Don't be mean! If you three don't get along then no snacks for the rest of the day!" Susan said as she hugged her buizel. "Hmm....Floaty! That sound good?" She said to Buizel. "Bui! Buizel!" Floaty replied happily.

Susan laid out piles of berries for Floaty to try as monkey and crimson each ate a poffin. Floaty looked at all the berries and then at the box that Susan was holding. "Oh, You want a poffin? Okay! I made water poffins just in case I ran into any water pokemon! Here you go!" Susan said as she handed a water poffin to Buizel. The poffins were color coordinated: blue for water, red for fire, green for grass, brown for dark/ground and pink for any kind of pokemon.

This post has been edited by SusanMontez: Aug 19 2010, 06:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Aug 25 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #8

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

"Fine then, Graxev," Zane said, "we'll battle to decide. Three-on-three, no switching out pokemon. The battle ends when all three of one person's pokemon are unnable to battle. This includes them being fainted, paralyzed, asleep, and frozen. You have to leave if I win, and I leave if you win."
"Deal,"Zhoom replied. He began with Nica. Zane responded by sending out his first pokemon, a lv.6 rattatta.
"Rattatta, use U-turn!" Zane said the mouse pokemon rammed into Nika, then ran back to it's pokeball. A lv.6 Zubat took it's place.
"Hey, that's cheating!" Zhoom said, "You can't return your pokemon until it can't battle!"
"U-turn makes the pokemon switch out,"Zane replied. It was just like zane, Zhoom thought, to find a loophole, even in his own rules.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Vena Sera
post Aug 25 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #9

Back.
Group Icon

meh.

As the two boys moved down the beach, the girl flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Hmph. This shouldn't take long." With an elegant twirl the girl tossed Pokeball in the air - from the way it flashed as the light hit it, Raine guessed it was a Premier ball. A shapeless mass of white light exploded from the ball, rose petals showering the beach as a Roselia appeared on the sand. The tiny Thorn Pokemon gave Raine and his Pokemon an elegant bow, the ribbon tied to its neck fluttering in the light sea breeze. Raine fought the intense urge to throw up. Why do these people feel the need to dress up their Pokemon?

"Alright, Rosie!" The girl cried, her high-pitched voice once again making Raine wish he'd brought earplugs. "Let's show this bumpkin how we treat trespassers! How about a two-on-two battle?" With a giggle she spun around again, her white dress trailing behind her a little. This time, Raine made no attempt to hide his disgust. He turned to where Starr was, her wings stirring up some of the loose sand on the beach. The second her eyes caught Raine's she lifted into the air, leaving deep grooves in the sand where she had pushed off. Seeing the grains of sand flowing through her talons, Raine was struck with an idea.

"Starr, Sand Attack."

With a low cry the Pidgey angled her wings, gliding low over the sand. Just before she hit the Roselia she pulled up, opening her sand-filled talons. The Roselia waved the roses on the ends of its arms frantically, trying to clear its now-obstructed vision. The rich girl let out a sigh and twirled a lock of hair around her finger.

"That's not faaaair," she whined. "Rosie, use Poison Sting on that awful bird." Kneeling, the Roselia angled its head to the sky, trailing just to the left of Starr. With a short "Rose!" a barrage of glowing purple thorns shot from the three crests on its head, flying straight into the sky past the Pidgey. Raine nodded - he'd guessed that, considering the Roselia's low level, one Sand Attack would be enough to make its accuracy completely horrible. He was about to order a Gust when he heard Starr's cry from above.

Raine looked up just in time - the Pidgey tumbled out of the air into his arms, raising one of her wings. Raine saw a single purple barb sticking out of one of the alulae. A faint tinge of purple was beginning to spread from the feather onto her primaries. With the feathers controlling her braking speed and flight poisoned, Starr wouldn't be able to summon enough power for a Gust. "Good girl," Raine murmured, holding out his arm. Starr quickly jumped onto it, her talons wrapping around Raine's thin wrist carefully as her trainer gently pulled out the barb. "Once this is over, I'll get you an Antidote. Alright?" The Pidgey gave a sharp nod, eyes focused on the Roselia. Judging from how it stood, it was no longer blinded by the sand. Time for a more even battle.

"Thorn."

"Saur!" The Bulbasaur stepped forward, vines raised in the air. The Roselia placed its rose-hands on its hips, smirking - its owner mimicking the pose.

"So, that's one down! Rosie can take on this big bad Bulbasaur - can't you, Rosie?" The Roselia gave a nod, giving another mocking bow. With a sigh, Raine slowly lowered himself to the ground, sitting cross-legged in the sand. Starr's feathers puffed up and she gave Raine a nudge, turning to look at the other end of the beach.

The girl seemed to be done with her battle - one of the rich boys was running off, heading back to the port town. As for the wheelchair-bound person...

Raine watched as a Rattata slammed into the boy's Pokemon before disappearing back into a Pokeball, a Zubat taking its place. Obviously, these people used as many loopholes as possible to ensure their victory. He really never saw the point of battling - there were much better ways to spend time.

"Hey! Pay attention to me!"

And there was that voice again. If she was a Pokemon, she'd be a Chatot. "Alright. Thorn, use Vine Whip. It won't do much, but-"

Without even waiting for Raine to finish his sentence, the vines emerging from Thorn's back sliced through the air, smacking into the Roselia with enough force to knock it over. The girl gave a frustrated groan. "Rosie, get up and do something!"

"Rose," the Roselia huffed, standing up. The crest on its head began to glow once more - a Poison attack would be all but useless on Thorn, but Raine didn't want to risk it. "Thorn. Dodge and use Vine Whip again when you can."

Glowing purple barbs shot through the air, hitting the sand where their target had stood only a second before. Thorn was now two feet away, vines extending once more. Before Rosie could react the vines had slammed into its body once again, sending it to the ground. This time, the Roselia didn't get back up.

"Oh, my poor little Rosie!" the girl screeched. Another shower of rose petals covered the sand as she recalled her Pokemon, pulling a Luxury ball from her purse. "Fine, then. Go, Emilie!"

Sparkles danced through the air, heralding the soft chime of a bell. A highly depressed-looking Buneary stood on the sand, a Soothe Bell tied around its neck. The small Rabbit Pokemon didn't look p at its opponent - it simply stared at the ground, ears unfurled and drooping.

"Isn't she adorable?" the girl giggled. "I just got her from Loch Ranch! Oh, but a bumpkin like you wouldn't know what that is."

"Loch Ranch?" Raine repeated, standing up. Starr let out a grumble and balanced precariously on Raine's arm. "You've been there? Where is it?"

"...Oh. You have heard of it. Well, you still won't find a better Buneary than my Emilie! She's going to evolve so very soon and then I'll have my own precious Lopunny!"

"Um. two things." Raine said. "One, Buneary evolve by happiness, and, uh...Emilie doesn't look very happy. Two...it's a male Buneary."
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Aug 26 2010, 08:43 AM
Post #10

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

My Dream Team

"Nica, use scratch!" Zora said. The nincada jumped up and started scraping the Zubat with it's two front legs. The zubat fell to the ground, but it immidiatley picked itself back up.

"Zubat, gust," Zane commanded calmly. The bat pokemon flapped it's wings and used a gust of wind to lift Nica off the ground. The ground/bug type was having a major freakout. Ground-type pokemon hated to have all their feet off the ground at once for more than three seconds.

"C-calm down, Nica," Zhoom stammered, "I'll figure out a way to get you down."

Zane laughed and said, "Then you'd better think fast. zubat, use hypnosis." Zubat emited a hypnotic wave from it mouth that hit Nica. the Trainee pokemon fell asleep, and was unable to battle. Zhoom returned her and considered his options. Pidge was a strong enough fighter, but Zora doubted it could beat Zubat in arial combat. He didn't know where pheo was, though, so he would probably have to use Pidge.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.