Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tyrogue's Evolution Paths
Creamy
post Aug 16 2012, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 93 489

True Beauty

Now that stats are a part of the system, I think Tyrogue's stat-based evolutions should be implemented. Simply make it the same way as the games: Attack>Defense is Hitmonlee, and Defense>Attack is Hitmonchan. Hitmontop would be balanced.

If balancing stats on GPX proves too difficult, it could simply be that Tyrogue could evolve into Hitmontop regardless of stats, while Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are stat-based. It seems easy enough, though. This could also get Influence Power some more use.

So yeah.

--------------------

Shinies (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tdub415
post Aug 17 2012, 04:19 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 168 561

Active Squad

The only thing about this I don't like, is the evolution would be determined on hatch, since there aren't EVs to train for a specific stat if you wanted a specific evolution.
+Quote Post

AOPSUser
post Aug 17 2012, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Professional Battler
Group Icon

Member No.: 161 074

My BW Team

Imagine the reprecussions of this in battling. Say you wanted an Adamant Hitmonchan. Well, if it's Adamant, it likely has more Attack than Defense, so it will evolve into Hitmonlee unless it's IVs are low in Attack and high in Defense, which will introduce severe problems for Hitmonlee.

I disagree with this idea for this reason, and others. (Like the one above.)

--------------------

My Shinies will guide you to my party.

Come to Smogon. (We'll teach you to battle.)

Group Banners (click to show)

Other Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Aug 17 2012, 04:38 PM
Post #4

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 56 857

The thing about the games is that you can use EVs and the items that affect them to subtly influence Tyrogue's evolution path. So even if your Tyrogue doesn't start off with desirable stats, you can alter them to get the evolution you want.

We don't have that luxury on GPX, so we'd be more or less stuck with what our Tyrogue hatched as. And like other people have mentioned, that provides all kinds of Battle Tower issues. Plus, all the Hitmons have much higher attack than defense to begin with, so imagine being the poor person who wants a Hitmonchan, but can't hatch a Tyrogue with a bad enough attack stat.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Creamy
post Aug 17 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 489

True Beauty

I did think about the lack of EVs and the problems for the Battle Tower, but I don't think they actually play that big of an impact.

For EVs, despite not having them, a level 20 Tyrogue's stats are still going to be very similar. There will probably only be a one or two point difference in most cases, so it won't have that big of an impact 80 levels later. Keep in mind that while the Hitmons' are more offensive, Tyrogue's base attack and defense are equal.

For the Battle Tower, if someone wants a +Attack Hitmonchan, they should probably be using a Hitmonlee anyways. A +Attack Hitmonchan's 31 IV attack stat will be almost (if not actually) equal to the regular 31 IV attack Hitmonlee. If they want it to be offensive, they'll use Hitmonlee. But to each his own, I guess. (You CAN still run offensive Hitmonchan, it will just be a little harder)

About the "evolution determined by hatch", that applies to a lot of Pokemon. A Ralts can't be a Gallade if it hatches female.

--------------------

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:10 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.