Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
am I the only one....
Siesna
post Oct 18 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 58 786

Active Squad

QUOTE(shamanx21 @ Jan 17 2008, 07:48 PM) *
ash is retarded

Your whole post made me laugh, but that last sentence actually made me cackle.

Me personally, I can't stand not evolving my pokemon, even if I like it's pre-evolution wayyyy better (Scyther > Scizor ). And let's face it, generally an evolved version will always beat the crap outta an unevolved pokemon (generally of course). So it always bugged the crap outta me that Ash was kickin ass with his stuff and it never evolved. Wtf?

Then again... If Pokemon were real...?

...Oh god. Don't get me started.

--------------------
[align=center]
8D[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

OrangeCookie
post Oct 19 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 69 214

Pearl team

QUOTE(Seadragon @ Jan 23 2008, 06:10 PM) *
Basically, the producers give Ash crappy Pokemon and he goes far with them. :P

QUOTE(suzyk @ Jan 25 2008, 07:18 PM) *
It is a kid's show. Can't complain 'bout it. It would have been cool if he stuck with Charizard though, it doesn't have a stick shoved up it's ass anymore.

QUOTE(Liquefy @ Jan 25 2008, 10:31 PM) *
I just noticed people were still posting in this :P

Since I'm here...

Is it just me, or should Pikachu be able to kill, like, anything by now? XD This late in the game I'd say it's time for him to start downing rock types without any trouble at all :P

pikachu's been in like 10 series and 1,000 battles he should be level 100 by now ASH WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM!? crazy.gif point.gif
*sigh* It's like pikachu restarts at level 1 each series. unsure.gif no.gif

--------------------
My AWESOME pokemon teams (click to show)

help my eggies??
+Quote Post

Netbug009
post Nov 20 2009, 08:19 AM
Post #43

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 555

Favorite Pokemon:

Okay, so if Ash kept all the same Pokemon every season, can anybody explain how we'd have half the character development plots we do? Because you can't mess with Ash too much or he'll eventually lose ALL his flaws, same goes for Brock and Team Rocket. There's the new girl, but fans whine about that too. New Pokemon help keep the show fresh; they give us new characters to follow through smaller stories.

And yes, Special doesn't do this, instead they keep adding new characters. It's the same thing; new characters keep a show fresh when it runs this long. I can't imagine how incredibly boring the show would be now if Ash was just killing every trainer her fought with the same Pokemon and the same people in the same region etc.

Also, that's part of why Pikachu doesn't become kill-all character; too keep the status quo and keep the series interesting.

--------------------

I return clicks no matter how many you give me! grin.gif

Jesus is LORD!
+Quote Post

VickyDragon
post Feb 6 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #44

Dragon Fire Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 760

Favourites Main Team

Ash should be a Pokemon master by now, but no, he can't be bothered to evolve his Pokemon so they would be stronger, let alone keep them. I wouldn't blame any of his old Pokemon for hating him, same goes for the new ones.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Feb 7 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #45

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 571

Six Survivors

I don't see why they just can't have a new lead character at the beginning of each region, instead of the same guy. I mean, it's not like we're still playing Red in the games, right?

--------------------
Hella.

Click the dancing Maxwell to visit my art thread.

+Quote Post

Rita689
post Jul 1 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #46

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 950

Old PokeCrater

QUOTE(Unholy Shadow @ Feb 7 2010, 01:25 AM) *
I don't see why they just can't have a new lead character at the beginning of each region, instead of the same guy. I mean, it's not like we're still playing Red in the games, right?

I reccomend yougo read Pokemon Special. You'll love it.

--------------------
"What is my purpose........"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, the beauty of true egg sprites! A pity my eggs hatch too quickly for me to consistently update them.

My first dragon ever!
+Quote Post

DGwildDog
post Jul 30 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #47

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 430

My Pokemon!!!

yeah, ash really is a complete idiot, i mean he always talks about having his pokemon by his side, and yet he just leaves them wit Prof. Oak never to be used again!? and WTF about brock not using Crobat anymore, i mean, it was the first Pokemon he caught in the show! facepalm.gif

--------------------
Nurse Joy used attract! heybaby.gif

Brock used Harden! dowant.gif

plz click my Pokemon!!! THANK U SO MUCH!!!! lol.gif

And if you're thinking: "And what happens if I don't? NOTHING!" you're wrong. you will meet a horrible fate! you will turn into this...this...thing that can't get a girlfriend if his life depended on it!
+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Jul 31 2010, 10:04 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

Ash would then be a pwn all Red type character. Plus he is one of the biggest money makers in Japan. Why should they dump him?
+Quote Post

OKelly
post Jul 31 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #49

Hello.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 678

Active Squad

Well to me what made ash the most hated person was when he Beat the Finale Frontier battle Brandon he lost to him like 2 times... i think but when he used The 3 kanto starters that was perfect!! used the first 3 starters well 4 pikachu kinda counts but when he turn down being a Frontier Brain i was shocked........

I feel bad for his Best pokemon getting a Moron for a trainer i liked it when charizard was Burning ash

--------------------
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ IM IN LOVE WITH THE COCO ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘ I GET IT FOR THE LOW LOW ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Jul 31 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #50

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

QUOTE(LexDoom @ Jul 31 2010, 11:25 PM) *
Well to me what made ash the most hated person was when he Beat the Finale Frontier battle Brandon he lost to him like 2 times... i think but when he used The 3 kanto starters that was perfect!! used the first 3 starters well 4 pikachu kinda counts but when he turn down being a Frontier Brain i was shocked........

I feel bad for his Best pokemon getting a Moron for a trainer i liked it when charizard was Burning ash

Ah but Ash is one of the most skilled trainers in Pokemon. He said it himself he wanted to travel more so that's his decision.
+Quote Post

Airisu
post Aug 1 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #51

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 108 229

My dream team

Yeah, it's weird that like with Bulbasaur and Pikachu, they both didn't want to evolve when they had a chance. They are too "I-wanna-stay-cute" like. 8D

--------------------

^^ Click 'em please! I know you can't resist their cuteness...
+Quote Post

Fragile Serenity
post Aug 4 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #52

^FACE-MUNCHED!!!!^
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 634

Active Squad

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that anime's current policy of having Ash take up a new weaker team instead of sticking with older team members like Charizard is good in that:

1) It shows that Ash isn't a one-trick-pony and can be successful in a multitude of situations.

2) Keeps the anime from becoming dull in that Ash would win every challenge he comes across with a stacked party.

--------------------
A click for the poor, defenseless pokemon?

+Quote Post

Bora
post Aug 7 2010, 01:49 PM
Post #53

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 010

Active Squad

QUOTE(ShinyUmbreon @ Jan 20 2008, 11:40 AM) *
The produces do that to allow it to follow the game perspective of the region. AKA, going to the gyms, battling through them, going to the Elite Four challenge, and so on and so forth. :/ So, if he brought his old Pokemon, he would've sweep through the Region easily, yes, but way to quick for a series. Thus, giving him the chance to, one, catch and train Shinnoh exclusive Pokemon, and two, have ,at least, a small challenge on the Region. :/ If he did bring his other Pokemon, he would've won every battle, like Yugi did in Yu-gi-oh and the was just to repetitive, and stupid.

True that. XD
At least he's filling out the PokeDex..
It's really like Pokemon Yellow (the manga). How on earth did Yellow beat Lance with all those freakishly sucky Pokemon? I mean seriously. Buterfree and Dotrio? Golem and Omanyster? And especially, Raticate! Why doesn't she use her Mewtwo that Blaine gave her?
Oh how I wish the game could've been like the manga... -sign- It was too epic. I mean invisble bubbles and surfing under water to get HMs? NOT FAIR.

WOAH I ranted too much!

If only that were possible in the game.

*sighs again*
Then I would keep my Mudkip cute and all my other cute pokemon without worrying that they don't get enough stats. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Aug 9 2010, 07:37 AM
Post #54

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

QUOTE(Fragile Serenity @ Aug 4 2010, 01:03 PM) *
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that anime's current policy of having Ash take up a new weaker team instead of sticking with older team members like Charizard is good in that:

1) It shows that Ash isn't a one-trick-pony and can be successful in a multitude of situations.

2) Keeps the anime from becoming dull in that Ash would win every challenge he comes across with a stacked party.

At the same time, though, he seems to lose all of the battling knowledge and skill whenever he enters a new region. Not to mention the fact that Pikachu's level seems to reset itself from 10,000 to 1.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Fragile Serenity
post Aug 13 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #55

^FACE-MUNCHED!!!!^
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 634

Active Squad

QUOTE(Caesar Augustus Posted Aug 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM )
At the same time, though, he seems to lose all of the battling knowledge and skill whenever he enters a new region. Not to mention the fact that Pikachu's level seems to reset itself from 10,000 to 1.

So the boy was obviously dropped on his head one too many times as a small child and we should have pity on him...I mean he's been stuck as a 10 year for the past decade. dumblook.gif

I think the reset serves the same purpose as people like Paul with an Usaring that can knock out 3 pokemon with a total of like 2 attacks...I personally think that the anime will always gonna have some sort of block to keep Ash from becoming the ultimate trainer when he's a ten year old who'll chase a monkey around for the sake of his hat. So if the writers feel like changing Pikachu from a pokemon that can destroy Rhydons to one that'll draw with an Elekid will further that cause, then its probably gonna happen.

This post has been edited by Fragile Serenity: Aug 13 2010, 02:29 PM

--------------------
A click for the poor, defenseless pokemon?

+Quote Post

AmberCakes
post Oct 1 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 659

Soul Silver Team

pikachu always confused me in the anime. When ash would start a new region it was like pikachu reset and was weak again. with the way pokemon works it doesn't make any sense. it's not like the first gym leading in johto is really strong or anything.

i guess you just have to take the anime in a different way then the games and the other things you know about pokemon.
+Quote Post

The Aztec God Of...
post Oct 2 2010, 09:00 AM
Post #57

The Supreme Ruler of Everything, INCLUDING the kitchen sink
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 741

My Ground Gym

So ten years ago, Ash started his pokemon journey with a level 5 Pikachu. Now, he's still wearing his childhood clothes and losing to the first gym even though he's twenty-some and has a level 1,000,000 Pikachu. Go figure.

--------------------

You know the drill.
+Quote Post

Eppie
post Feb 20 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #58

Angst Swadloon, lol :D
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 570

Go Green

QUOTE(xTechno @ Oct 1 2010, 10:46 PM) *
pikachu always confused me in the anime. When ash would start a new region it was like pikachu reset and was weak again. with the way pokemon works it doesn't make any sense. it's not like the first gym leading in johto is really strong or anything.

i guess you just have to take the anime in a different way then the games and the other things you know about pokemon.

You hit the spot. *Spoiler warning*
When Ash started Unova region, Pikachu lost temporarily control of his electric-type moves. Then, a lvl 80 Pikachu loses to a lvl 5 Snivy. Very disturbing, right?
And Ash will be always 10 year old boy, and he never remember to weaken Pokémon before throwing the Pokéball.

--------------------

So Evil (click to show)
+Quote Post

PacMan76
post Apr 5 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #59

The Hobo with the half eaten candybars
Group Icon

Member No.: 130 381

ALL HAIL THE EGGIES!

Okay when I start a new pokemon game I don't transfer my team from my older game

but I make a new team

AND I MAKE THEM EVOLVE AND NOT LOSE TO MAGIKARPS!!

--------------------
IT'S MELON TIME - Captian MelonHead See my 90%+ Battle Winning Ratio! \/ \/

+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post May 10 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #60

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

Half of his pokemon evolve all the way or at least once

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:16 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.