Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nintendo is Sexist?
ATM the Mudkip
post Sep 23 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14 405

My fav Pokemon EVA!

Yeah. They are. HG and SS are coming out, and are already out in Japan IIRC, and to honor the occasion, some Japanese anime episodes came out, and in them, the female playable HG and SS character has now joined Ash. So, we had May, Dawn, and now this new girl all joining Ash, but it never seems to be the guy... Anyone else notice this?

--------------------

******Shinys******

Mudkipztuf (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

aiadonyx
post Sep 23 2009, 09:36 PM
Post #2

Super Nerd
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8 333

A nice set indeed

They don't have the guy join ash because they want a girl character on the show.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tazii
post Sep 23 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #3

Tikk Tokk
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 39 543

A Taste of The Fury

It makes sense. They need a female character to appeal to the female audience. If they didn't they would be called sexiest towards females. It's to level it out.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hyrule
post Sep 23 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #4

and i m wantin summa that
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 273

Minions

They have 3 guys, (Ash, Brock, James)and 3 girls (The new girl, Jessie, and Dawn), right?
Wouldn't that balance it out? Or am I wrong? headache.gif

This post has been edited by Arucion: Sep 23 2009, 10:01 PM

--------------------

>><<
follow this cool thing to my party k guys.
+Quote Post

methuselah alche...
post Sep 24 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 049

My Favorites

Yeah, it is kinda weird... Are the main male game characters ever in the anime? (Besides Ash?) Cuz I'd LOVE for Brendan to be a main character in the show. He's probably my favorite of all the game characters.

--------------------

Click the Timewarp Torchic to get to my party~

Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Credits for the Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Etc. (click to show)

+Quote Post

Azure Butterfly
post Sep 24 2009, 07:45 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 563

Team UberPwn

From Pokebeach (interview with one of the storyboard artist/former anime directors):

What about the main cast on the show? Since he had talked about how they like to “switch them up,”ť I explained to him that many fans want Ash, Misty, and Brock reunited again together. But, he reaffirmed what he said in the previous interview and said it wasn’t going to happen. I asked him what he meant in the previous interview about Pokemon Contests, and he said he just meant that characters like May have come back for a few episodes in Pokemon Contests, so Misty could come back too. He said, however, that Contests don’t appear to be her thing, so if she were to come back, it would probably be to join Ash in a battle or to just meet them somewhere. So then I said, “Why can’t you just ditch Brock, have Ash, have Misty, and then bring in a new boy? That would be switching up things instead of having a new girl.”ť His following answers made me laugh my head off I had to pick it up off the floor and reattach it. He stated that they like to switch up the girls because it gives the boys some new eye candy every once in a while. He also said girls are more customizable and you can change their outfits, like when they are in their bathing suits (yes, he specifically said that). He also said Ken Sugimori designs a new girl with each generation and that gives them another excuse to switch the girl, though I reminded him that there is also a new boy with each generation too, and it wouldn’t hurt to use them.

Lmao, wtf. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lacesso
post Sep 26 2009, 03:41 AM
Post #7

burp
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 386

Platinum Party

I thought you would be a guy when I read this.

If a boy did join, it would be 3 boys journeying through the new region. Sausagefest etc. No thanks, that's more sexist to girls than 1 girl out of 3 main characters could ever be to boys.

--------------------

Pokédex completion: 493/493
Services I can perform for free! (click to show)

People who have used my services on these forums! (click to show)

All my pokémons for trade are at Pokémon Elite 2000 forums click to visit! WARNING: EXTERNAL LINK
I play RuneScape

+Quote Post

Haruaya
post Sep 26 2009, 07:35 AM
Post #8

I tried to be dipolmatic, but mostly I just lied a lot
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 196

Rawr, mine

QUOTE(methuselahalchemist @ Sep 24 2009, 01:04 AM) *
Yeah, it is kinda weird... Are the main male game characters ever in the anime? (Besides Ash?) Cuz I'd LOVE for Brendan to be a main character in the show. He's probably my favorite of all the game characters.

yea dude i want breden in to! But anyways......they need one more female character and i will be staisfied.

--------------------
[img]
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every moment of it

<a href="http://sammy-kanjikodomo.deviantart.com/" target="_blank">http://sammy-kanjikodomo.deviantart.com/
Please visit! If you hae one, you can friend me, if ur my friend. :P

<a href="http://"http://gpxplus.net/user/kazza"" target="_blank"></a>

[

credits (click to show)

Stuff (click to show)

Anyone who thinks they have psychic powers, copy and paste this into your signature.
Just kidding is just hurting

If you belive in MarthxSamus or ZeldaxLink.Copy and paste this in your signture.
I am a crazy artist whose trying to get good at drawing.
99.8 percent of anime fans are obsessing over Naruto. If you are the last few of the clan who can think up three better animes than this, paste this on your profile
90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.
I live in the South.Rules really dont apply here.
+Quote Post

TheIgDemon
post Sep 26 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #9

What are you looking at? >.>
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 990

My Favorites

Yeah, it's basically to appeal to the female fans IMO. I just wish they never got rid of Misty. *Is sad* For an Anime, there sure is a lack of romance between the main characters. Well, there was a bit during seasons 1-5, but not much. *Coughs* Sorry about the off topicness. XD

I never did like May and I do not like Dawn... I would be happy if they'd stop substituting female characters in each region... Stick with one or don't stick with them at all is my policy...

--------------------
My Clickables (click to show)

+Quote Post

Irish Alan
post Sep 26 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 65 092

Active Squad

You can't make an AMV with to males. lol It would be nice to see a guy join the group though...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Avegaille
post Sep 29 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #11

Stalker of Eggs.
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 075

Kinky Team

Nintendo is sexist during the '90s, that changed a little when you're finally able to play as a girl in Pokemon Crystal and then May replaced Misty, which caused tension and moar drama. But still they're sexists in a way. 2 guys and one girl traveling? what is this i dont even...

Then again, it's sad you'll never see the other main guys from the games cause they're all replaced by Ash. Jun got lucky he gets to be part of the anime for more than so many episodes... all because he was a rival and because his dad is a Frontier Brain. All the other males get cameos minus Jimmy/Kenta who at least got special episodes. Damn, I want to see those for real.

--------------------
+Quote Post

suzyk
post Sep 29 2009, 12:12 PM
Post #12

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

Shameless Man Whores

the female playable HG and SS character has now joined Ash

As in for the rest of his journey? Wao.

Girls sell easily in a Shounen (especially if the show is targeted at 10 to 12 year-olds). They attract fanboys. Haven't you ever seen a May/Misty/Dawn fanboy? Haven't you seen Pokesho?

Don't you think that's why the girls are dressed in such short, tight and body-hugging clothes?

I bet all the little Japanese boys fap to May and Dawn.

This post has been edited by suzyk: Sep 29 2009, 12:13 PM
+Quote Post

Spanish Inquisit...
post Sep 30 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #13

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! >:D
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 822

Expect the unexpected

Misty was better than May. Dawn can just go to hell. I dont see a problem with a new girl AND a new guy joining. As long as Dawn gets replaced.

This post has been edited by Crow: Sep 30 2009, 08:48 AM

--------------------
NOBODY expects the Spanish inquisition! o3o.gif

"90% of teens would die if Facebook had a system failure and crashed. If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature."
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Sep 30 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #14

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

It's been said before, but 3 guys doesn't appeal as much as 2 guys 1 girl.
Besides, with the 2 guys 1 girl, there's room for sexual tension, even if it isn't blatently obvious.
How can you say that there HASN'T been tension between Ash and all of the female characters?
Anyone else notice the number of Rule 34 dedicated Paraphernalia lurking the internets?
You try doing that with three guys and you lose 95% of the male fanbase.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Sadixe
post Oct 4 2009, 06:29 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 499

Active Squad

I know that the whole anime is about Ash and Pikachu battling their way to the top but I really wonder if it would be THAT bad to have a female trainer who isn´t a coordinator join the group (or a male coordinator). I think thats what´s REALLY sexist: boys battle with their pokemon, girls compete in prettyness.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chari
post Oct 6 2009, 08:55 AM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 495

My lovely team

I know that the whole anime is about Ash and Pikachu battling their way to the top but I really wonder if it would be THAT bad to have a female trainer who isn´t a coordinator join the group (or a male coordinator). I think thats what´s REALLY sexist: boys battle with their pokemon, girls compete in prettyness.

Yes, it's unfair(
There is a reason - if new character will be a boy he will be a rival for sure. I don't think they're enough fair to make new boy a coordinator. When new rival must be a girl... Japan and stupid fanservice

This post has been edited by Chari: Oct 6 2009, 08:57 AM

--------------------
Spoiler (click to showhide)

I'm part of... (click to show)

Creditzzz (click to show)

Quotezz:
The yellow bumbler tried everything he could, short annoying gags and hurtful insults, but the triple changer was just not switching to either is blue or red face. So instead Bumblebee asked for a couple of games to play with the Decepticon to see if losing would make any difference. He got the games and played several of them with Blitzwing, making a friend of him, and finally they were sitting across the table from each other playing one of the older Pokémon games with a cable connection on their two gameboys
by Zaerith-Chan
+Quote Post

OrangeCookie
post Oct 19 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 214

Pearl team

I don't think Nintendo is sexist, but they should get rid of Brock already. Maybe have a female breeder and a guy coordinator to follow ash around.
Overall; I don't think Nintendo is sexist,it just needs to stop making girls very girly with shorts or short skirts and coordinating.

--------------------
My AWESOME pokemon teams (click to show)

help my eggies??
+Quote Post

Netbug009
post Nov 20 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 555

Favorite Pokemon:

Wha? Are you saying it'd be less sexist to make the entire main character trio male? o.o;

We did have a new boy once: Tracy.

--------------------

I return clicks no matter how many you give me! grin.gif

Jesus is LORD!
+Quote Post

Demon Lord Barod
post Dec 2 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #19

For The Horde!
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 298

Dream Team

I would prefer a male actually.

--------------------

I claim Illidan Storm Rage,Prince Kael Thas',Greed and Kakuzu!

Illidan leads to my party smugnod.gif

Groups (click to show)
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Chari
post Dec 3 2009, 12:36 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 495

My lovely team

I'd like to see a male coordinator or/and female powerful ungirly rival

--------------------
Spoiler (click to showhide)

I'm part of... (click to show)

Creditzzz (click to show)

Quotezz:
The yellow bumbler tried everything he could, short annoying gags and hurtful insults, but the triple changer was just not switching to either is blue or red face. So instead Bumblebee asked for a couple of games to play with the Decepticon to see if losing would make any difference. He got the games and played several of them with Blitzwing, making a friend of him, and finally they were sitting across the table from each other playing one of the older Pokémon games with a cable connection on their two gameboys
by Zaerith-Chan
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:07 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.